Online SS submitted: 5/12/08

SS acknowledged:

SS received: 9/1/09

Time to approval: 4 weeks

State advised DIAC:not sure

CO: 1st in May, 2nd in July 09

Visa Granted: 17th Dec 09

Delays/further docs requested May 09, passed 3rd IELTS in Aug 09 - phew

Thanks to all for their advice, especially Gollywobbler and the migrant agents, their advice on PIO is very much appreciated when things don't look good or are confusing. Now it's on to researching banks and removals!

Karen & Steph

heading for Ballarat

Hi Karen & Steph

Congratulations on your visa (I have added your details to the front page).

I am sure Tasha would love to add your details to the Category 5 application timeline as well

See this thread http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html

This is monitoering how quickly people in Category 5 are being granted visas.

I hope that you have a great time in Ballarat and good luck with the moving pocess.

VM

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bebac30

Vicky Mel,

you have received SS in oct as i did, please tell me have they send you it by post also or just in email? I have seen on other thread that some states send by post together with form 1100 to fill some personal data. I haven`t received anything via post just email and also i upload it with online visa application.

This question is reffered to others with Vic SS :)

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

Yes I was referring to you. I was requested detailed CV on 3Dec and I have applied through a agent. So I do not know whether there is any status for the same.

Anyways hope for the best and wait.

Thanks..

KK....

Guest VickyMel
Vicky Mel,

you have received SS in oct as i did, please tell me have they send you it by post also or just in email? I have seen on other thread that some states send by post together with form 1100 to fill some personal data. I haven`t received anything via post just email and also i upload it with online visa application.

This question is reffered to others with Vic SS :)

Hi Bebac

Yes we just received an email which we uploaded onto the online application, we have received nothing at all by post, everything seemed automatic. We had to send confirmation of our application back to Victoria and then as I understand it they also contact and confirm VIC SS to DIAC.

Good luck Bebac - lets hope that DIAC get as far as us October applications sooner rathe rthan later but I think we may have a while to wait yet.

VM

Guest bebac30
Hi Bebac

Yes we just received an email which we uploaded onto the online application, we have received nothing at all by post, everything seemed automatic. We had to send confirmation of our application back to Victoria and then as I understand it they also contact and confirm VIC SS to DIAC.

Good luck Bebac - lets hope that DIAC get as far as us October applications sooner rathe rthan later but I think we may have a while to wait yet.

VM

The same as i did :biggrin: Thanks a lot.

DIAC processing visas on very strange way, so noone knows who is the next...

Hi Vickymel,

Thanks for your response,

I have an SS------- number and have since been contacted, but at this point in time I wish they had not bothered, as they clearly have not read my application.

I passed my vetassess trade and had filled in the form giving them this information and also sent copies of the certificate, but the email they have just sent me said "Thank you for your application but can not be processed until I do a skills test for my trade (i.e. Vetassess).".

I am very upset as my email before that one was also a joke, they wanted me to put exact day of the month on my C.V. for exams, jobs etc.

Has anyone else came across the fact their application has clearly not been read.

Anyway don't want to go on a rant, but I would like to thank Vickymel and all others for information they have put down, it really does help.

Scott

Guest Siavash

Hi VM,

I really appreciate if you could add mytime lines to the front page :-)

Name: siAvAsh

Online SS submitted: 28.Oct.2009

SS acknowledged:

SS received:

Time to approval: Been told 10 weeks

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further docs requested:

Guest VickyMel
Hi Vickymel,

Thanks for your response,

I have an SS------- number and have since been contacted, but at this point in time I wish they had not bothered, as they clearly have not read my application.

I passed my vetassess trade and had filled in the form giving them this information and also sent copies of the certificate, but the email they have just sent me said "Thank you for your application but can not be processed until I do a skills test for my trade (i.e. Vetassess).".

I am very upset as my email before that one was also a joke, they wanted me to put exact day of the month on my C.V. for exams, jobs etc.

Has anyone else came across the fact their application has clearly not been read.

Anyway don't want to go on a rant, but I would like to thank Vickymel and all others for information they have put down, it really does help.

Scott

Hi Scott

Yes there have been a couple of other people on here who have been asked to provide more detailed responses that seem a bit over the top and unnecessary...

We were not required to complete Vetassess prior to applying - maybe it depends upon the trade as I seem to remember others were requested to?

Days of the month for jobs sounds crazy unless potentially very recent. Doubt I would be able to provide these for most places I have worked. Just explain it is not possible re time passing etc. hopefully they should be OK about it.

I would try replying to say that you have responded and provided the things they requested and I'd suggest you attach them to the email so they have them again...

I think VIC have lost a few odds and ends like CVs/certificates in the online system occasionally.

Good luck - keep at it you will get there.

Feel free to rant here - most of us have at one time or another!

Guest VickyMel
Hi VM,

I really appreciate if you could add mytime lines to the front page :-)

Name: siAvAsh

Online SS submitted: 28.Oct.2009

SS acknowledged:

SS received:

Time to approval: Been told 10 weeks

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Hi Siavash

Welcome to the VIC SS thread, I have added you to the first page.

Good luck I hope that you hear back positively from VIC soon.

VM

Hi everyone,

Tanks for the useful info you regularly make available on this website. Please find below my timeline and I hope you find it useful!

Name: DGroh

Online SS submitted: 26 October 2009

SS acknowledged: 29 October 2009

SS received:

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further docs requested: N/A

@VM: could you add these details to the first page of this thread?

I contacted Vic a couple of weeks ago and was told the application was at the final stage - in the hands of the Industry Pannel - and was being assessed, so hopefully it should not take long before we all hear from them.

Cheers.

Guest VickyMel

Name: DGroh

Online SS submitted: 26 October 2009

SS acknowledged: 29 October 2009

SS received:

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further docs requested: N/A

@VM: could you add these details to the first page of this thread?

Hi DGroh

Welcome to the VIC SS timeline thread.

Good luck and I hope that you hear back soon from VIC re your application.

Hi Vickymel and all the rest.

I am back on top of the world.

I called Vic tonight to find out what is going on, and why they have not properly looked at my application. I had, had enough and was going to have a bit of a go at them, when as I was talking to the woman about my ss visa (she was very polite and helpful). I was told in mid conversation that my application had just been approved ( yeahh). I check my email the second I came off the phone and the approval had just been sent 1min before I turned the email on.

I don't think the call made the difference but I will tell myself it did..

I must say that I didn't actually go off on a rant to the woman at vic ss because she was polite and helpful, but I just told her about the emails that they sent and the rest.

so I can now add some info to the page and hope it helps

Name: Stevenson

Online ss submitted: 16/11/09

SS Acknowledged:

SS Recived: 21/12/09

Time to Approval:

State Advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further DOCs req.:

Guest saini547

Name: JASWANT SAINI

Online SS submitted: 20/09/2009

SS acknowledged: 25/09/2009

SS received: After going through your application and taking opinion of panel experts, Victorian Government decides not to proceed with sponsorship in your case. You may again apply for sponsorship after 6 months.

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Guest VickyMel
Hi Vickymel and all the rest.

I am back on top of the world.

I called Vic tonight to find out what is going on, and why they have not properly looked at my application. I had, had enough and was going to have a bit of a go at them, when as I was talking to the woman about my ss visa (she was very polite and helpful). I was told in mid conversation that my application had just been approved ( yeahh). I check my email the second I came off the phone and the approval had just been sent 1min before I turned the email on.

I don't think the call made the difference but I will tell myself it did..

I must say that I didn't actually go off on a rant to the woman at vic ss because she was polite and helpful, but I just told her about the emails that they sent and the rest.

so I can now add some info to the page and hope it helps

Congratulations Scott I have turned you Blue on the front page.

That was pretty quick once they had all the information - well done.

Now you have your VIC SS maybe you would like to join us in the Priority 5 thread that Tasha runs?

This is the link http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html

There is a similar thread for Priority 1-4 applications.

Guest VickyMel
Name: JASWANT SAINI

Online SS submitted: 20/09/2009

SS acknowledged: 25/09/2009

SS received: After going through your application and taking opinion of panel experts, Victorian Government decides not to proceed with sponsorship in your case. You may again apply for sponsorship after 6 months.

Time to approval:

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Thanks for the update Jaswant Saini, really sorry to hear that VIC have said no for now. I am pleased to hear that they have suggested you try again in 6 months time.

I hope they have given you a clear explaination of why they rejected your application at this time.

Good luck on your next try.

VM

Guest ulaganayagan

Congrats Stevenson for getting a prompt reply.KK and others,should we also call them.:happy_face_cowboy_w:happy_face_cowboy_w

Congrats Stevenson for getting a prompt reply.KK and others,should we also call them.:happy_face_cowboy_w:happy_face_cowboy_w

Hi all thanks for the congrats..

I would like to say that, calling them was (in my opinion) the only way to find out what was happening with my application. I don't think the call made a difference as it must have been approved by a panel and not the woman that I spoke to. the timing was just pure chance I am sure. ok the timing could have not have been anymore perfect, it gets passed just before or when I am on the phone to them,

but seriously it would have not made a difference, I was lucky the call didn't annoy them.

polite persistance on the old email is the best action to take as you don't want to upset them.

The application did go really fast,I was really lucky, but it was the emails that they send can get fustrating.

good luck to all others, see you on the other thread VM and thanks to everyone for their help, if I can be of any help to anyone just ask

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan and Stevenson,

First of all congrats to Stevenson.

I think we can also ask about our status to Vic SS and hope they are into some sort of process with our applications.

I have applied through agent and asked my agent today to get an update.So lets see and wait for it.

I will keep you updated once I receive the mail.

Thanks in advance...

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear KK and Stevenson

I sent a mail to VIC SS Team yesterday and got a prompt reply saying that based on the details which I had given (Updated ,detailed CV) , it is under progress and will take upto 8 weeks to process.

(Applied Mid Nov-09.

Update sent First week of Dec-09.)

They in directly meant to say that the clock of 8 weeks starts from First Week of Dec-09.(The day all details were provided):radar:

So they dont blindly reply but go through previous communications.(I thought my clock starts from mid Nov-09).

Guest khotkunal

Dear Ulaganayagan,

Thanks for the update. I do not know exactly from when to consider the 8 weeks. Some people say that this is an usually automatically generated mail through system and should not be considered much of a reply.But may be this is a proper mail sent after seeing the status of your file.

Anyways I have asked my agent to update about the status of my application and he said that he will enquire about the same in the next week after christmas holidays.

So i am waiting for the reply.

Anyways I will give you the update once I know it. I was also asked for detailed CV on 5-6 Dec as I had applied on 2 dec. So do not know whether they have really considerd our files to the panel.

Best of luck and please let us know if you have any updates.

Thanks and Regards

KK..

They in directly meant to say that the clock of 8 weeks starts from First Week of Dec-09.(The day all details were provided):radar:

So they dont blindly reply but go through previous communications.(I thought my clock starts from mid Nov-09).

I wouldn't take 8 weeks as being accurate, I was told 8 weeks but it took over 14 weeks to get approved, it depends on when they review cases of your skill set, it could be much shorter or longer than 8 weeks, I think that's just the average.

Archived