Visa granted , thank you pomsinoz !!!!

jackal

Got my visa grant letter Friday and will be down the Strand Monday morning for opening time to get my label put in my passport (then to the pub for their opening time :smile: )

I left for Perth in May, 3 weeks after getting State sponsorship approved and was expecting to leave for 5 days to go to Bali on somewhere with my girlfriend a couple of weeks after arriving , instead 3 days after i arrived i got a case officer and they requested more info which i was not expecting as the week before i left i went to see my agent in person who assured me i was decision ready . I finally got my pre grant letter at the end of June and decided to go to London for a week to put my visa in my passport in case there were any more problems ( easier to sort out from london then bali if i needed to get any more eveidence etc ) I left Perth Friday and when i landed at Heathrow i checked my emails on my phone at the luggage reclaim there was a grant letter in my inbox :biggrin:

I cant thank Pomsinoz and especially Gollywobbler enough for all there help during this process and joining this site was MUCH more benifical then appointing an agent .

Im back to Perth in 6 days and cant wait !!! Its an absoulte pleasure and privellege to be given the chance to make a life over there and im having it. I first went there for a year in 2003 and have been back 4 times since BUT this time ill be back for good !!!! Its not the promised land but for me life is SOOOOOOOO much easier over there.

Cheers and peace out !!!!!!!

Happy Jac

Guest trekker

So happy for you. We have been saying for years we are going to moove to Perth Australia, but now we have finally decided. We are going out there in 3 weeks to have a good look.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF WE SHOULD START THE MIGRATION PROCESS WHILST WE ARE OUT THERE? WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN INVESTORS VISA, AGAIN DOES ANYONE KNOW WHATS INVOLVED. wE ARE BOTH 50 YRS, WITH A 13 & 17 YEAR OLD.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jackal

YAY!! I am so pleased that the CO granted your visa whilst you were on your way back to the UK. :jiggy:

However please re-read the grant letter, hon. I doubt whether the data needed for your visa label will be in London as early as tomorrow. The CO has to send the stuff from Adelaide to London via Canberra. Apparently this sort of data takes 48 hours to reach London and as far as I know the DIAC computer does not shift this type of data around over a weekend.

If you find tomorrow that they do not have the data, keep your passport firmly with you and take it back to London on Wednesday or so. You can do without making a second trip to collect the passport only to be told that they have dealt with the visa label and have posted your passport by ordinary post to the contact address on the back page.

Next time you go to visit Mum, please take your passport with you to show Mum! She wants to see it to make sure that your visa label is the same as hers and that it contains the magic words, "Permitted to remain in Australia indefinitely." It won't say anything else but Sherlock Mum likes to see these things with her own eyes!

I love the photo in your avatar, by the way. I'll bet it was perishing on that beach by WA standards since no other diehard is on it!

Love to you both :hug:

Gill

xxx

Hi Gill ,

I went to Australia house Friday morning (i landed at 6am and went straight there) They told me to come back Monday and it should be all good . Im staying with family in cricklewood and i can be at the Strand in 45 mins door to door so if not Monday it will be Tuesday etc . Basically they will be graced with my presence everyday till they put the golden label in !!!!!

My flight back to Perth is for next Saturday , i was told this was enough time

Ill be sure to flash my visa all over WA too !!!!! Its cost me about 10 grand GBP but worth every penny

The picture was taken on city beach , a ten min drive from our place in Leederville, 18 degrees is beautiful for the beach when your from a concrete jungle lol

Take care

Jac

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jackal

I went to Australia house Friday morning (i landed at 6am and went straight there) They told me to come back Monday and it should be all good . Im staying with family in cricklewood and i can be at the Strand in 45 mins door to door so if not Monday it will be Tuesday etc . Basically they will be graced with my presence everyday till they put the golden label in !!!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Trust you! It is the right approach, though. It will get the job done!

Hopefully it will all go well tomorrow. Please let us know when you have the visa label?

I have swum from the beaches in Perth in high summer. First thing is that you burn the soles of your feet on the dry sand unless you wear thongs. The Indian Ocean is very warm but also very salty. You get very sticky once you have been for a dip.

My own favourite swimming place in WA is Waroona Dam:

Home

It is fresh water which is beautifully clean, clear and refreshing. Apparently the fresh water fishing is good but I need someone to teach me how to fish. I love the idea of catching my own lunch and eating it within the hour but I don't know how to do it.

Plus there is shade onshore at Waroona. Lots of big, shady trees. There are public BBQs and all you have to do is take an Esky with plenty of cold beer plus your tucker for the day. You don't need an immediate shower after swimming because you are not sticky with salt.

I found with the beaches in Perth that it is impossible to find enough shade and I could feel my skin going crispy, which hurts later!

Cheers

Gill

Guest IrishOzHopeful

Congratulations on the Visa!!! n Dont worry!! If our visa is ever granted I will be camping outside Australia House till I get that stamp!!!

Congrats again!!!

Mission accompliced !!!!!

The Label is now firmly in my passport and im 3 sheets to the wind :) Thanks to everyone for your congratulations and good luck messages , i hope everyone going through this process finds a happy ending soon , oh and it was a great feeling sitting on that bus on my way back from Australia house knowing its all sorted and im outta this place for good !!!

Take care

Jac

Guest Gollywobbler

Yay! Well done Jackal!!!

Make merry now until your flight back to Perth, I suggest!!!

:hug:

Gill

xx

Archived