What items do you regret leaving behind at home (bar family and friends!)

Maisie

If you have a condenser tumble dryer in the UK then TAKE IT, if you don't have one then BUY ONE AND TAKE IT!!!!

Condenser dryers are relatively cheap here in UK, but cost a fortune in Oz, well over twice the price on the model we checked out

This is going to sound really stupid but honestly thought that we wouldnt have much need for a dryer out there, thats really good to know, thank you!!

I am in NSW and I can hoestly say it has rained every week since we arrived (4th May).Dont get me wrong when the sun is out the washing goes on the line My tumble dryer is the best thing I brought over !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Emcooper

even when it rained in the winter, we used to have a line set up under our carport...still dried quicker in winter there, than it ever does in the UK here.

Guest guest17301

My little stainless steel bathroom pedal bins. My cardigans and jumpers. My pyrex cookware. They would have fitted in the boxes easily...we were so disorganised when the packers came I ended up leaving a lot with my family.

Thats what Im thinking, Im in Ireland and have a wardrobe full of coats alone you need it here with the weather now. We havent bought our own place yet so would get dryers out there but just

practical stuff like you dont realise you need and clothes seemed really expensive out there compared to here or are they when you get there??

If you have a condenser tumble dryer in the UK then TAKE IT, if you don't have one then BUY ONE AND TAKE IT!!!!

Condenser dryers are relatively cheap here in UK, but cost a fortune in Oz, well over twice the price on the model we checked out

Thats interesting, as I wasnt planning to take any large items...Mayby think twice then...:unsure:

Guest AndyandYvonneD

A bloody decent hoover, much cheaper and much better uprights in the UK than they have here, they all seem to be ****e cylinder ones. We wish we'd gone and bought a new one (clean) and shipped it over here.

Yvonne

A bloody decent hoover, much cheaper and much better uprights in the UK than they have here, they all seem to be ****e cylinder ones. We wish we'd gone and bought a new one (clean) and shipped it over here.

Yvonne

yeah, I was told that Dysons are worth a lot over there.... and they are very easy to clean

Guest Beach Babe
My pyrex cookware.

So is this kind of stuff expensive too out there, I would have just binned all mine, may buy all new ones now to take?

Archived