ACT S.S. we got it!!!!!!!

Guest brizziebound

Guest brizziebound

Hi all,

just to let you all know we received our ACT state sponsorShip yesterday, so looks like the ACT priority timescales are on target, so good luck to everyone else who has applied recently,

Just wish I could change my name from Brizzie bound to Canberra bound now.Nevermind.

B.B.

Guest Squem

YAY another one for Canberra!! :)

Welcome to the gang ha ha!

Congrats!

I'm sure tim will help you change your name if you asked him :)

Guest destinationoz

Hurray for you!!! Well Done - that is great news!!!

We've just got our ACT State Sponsership today!!!!! We're sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

See ya there!! (hopefully!)

Guest brizziebound

Thats not cold when you come from Yorkshire, that is typical summer weather to us Bob.

B.B.

Congrats on your SS both of you, i submitted to ACT on 27/5/09 so hopefully not to much longer to go. Just checked the ACT government processing times and they are now processing normal priority receipted on 7/5/09.

Guest Ange DB

Congratulations.. we are at the start of the SS process and were originally on route to QLD then went to a seminar and spoke to Julianne at ACT Government who pretty much sold Canberra to us so we had a week to decide as Hubbys occupation had been taken off the list in QLD but would still accept us.. I think we have made the right choice as Canberra sounds lovely.. even when its cold!

Good luck I think we have a while to wait yet!

Guest Samfire
Hi all,

just to let you all know we received our ACT state sponsorShip yesterday, so looks like the ACT priority timescales are on target, so good luck to everyone else who has applied recently,

Just wish I could change my name from Brizzie bound to Canberra bound now.Nevermind.

B.B.

That's fantastic news and to you destinationoz also !! Well done. Now you can both get down to the serious business of applying to DIAC and lodging your visa application online. We planned to have our meds and pccs frontloaded once our visa application was lodged, as SS 176 visas are priority and therefore we knew we wouldn't be waiting forever to be assigned a Case Officer. Do either or you have a preference for a particular area in Canberra that you would like to live in? We're looking everywhere still and are keeping our options open until we arrive there. Can't bloody wait at this stage - still waiting to sell the god damn house here in Ireland before we can head off. Sent passports off to have visa stamp added, so waiting for them to arrive back to us in the post either tomorrow or Monday.

Best of luck with the online application to DIAC. Keep us posted on how its going, and remember - don't forget to email your Transaction Reference Number (TRN) to the ACT immediately that you are advised of it, as they need this number so that they can send a letter off straight away to the Adelaide Skills Processing Centre to officially advise them that you have been sponsored by the ACT. Our agent forgot to do this, only that I knew about it having to be done, so I sent the number onto the ACT myself - otherwise, assignment of our Case Officer would have been held up.:goofy:

Guest Samfire
I think we have made the right choice as Canberra sounds lovely.. even when its cold!

QUOTE]

Hi Ange - I think you're probably right there! It does sound so lovely, and I can't wait to get there. We've got such bad weather here in Ireland 10months of the year, that I have no problem with 2-3 months of winter in Canberra - it's nothing compared to here at the moment, and it's meant to be summer! - just started pouring out of the heavens about 10 minutes ago and has since stopped again - I bet I have my very own swimming pool out the back!!!!

Canberra strikes me as very laid back and family orientated, which is exactly what we want - Can't wait to visit the other cities, but I think Sydney would be just too big a city for us! I like city life, but like to reside on the fringes and feel like I'm not in the city at all sometimes. Canberra seems to offer just that, being the "Bush Capital" and all!!! Hope I'm right! Anyway, I'm already sold as there are lots and lots of vinyards!!! Just the thing for me!!!!:wacko:

Guest brizziebound

Thanks Samfire,

Hopefully our main visa won't take too long as we have already applied and have front loaded our meds and pcc's, so fingers crossed we should hear something in a matter of weeks.

We are still researching the areas around canberra, not sure just yet where we are heading to,we have been following Quolls descriptions of all the neighbourhoods and cannot wait to get out there and have a good look around.

We will be in the same position as you shortly regarding house sales etc, so the best of luck with yours hopefully you will get a buyer soon,

I notice you are from Clare -Do you know a village called Kinvarra on the borders of Clare /Galway such a lovelly place.

I agree the Canberra winters will be a walk in the park after the west of Ireland winters and summers!!,Lets hope you get out there before the winter comes again.

cheers for now

B.B.

Guest destinationoz

Thanks for the congrats everyone ....

I really don't know Samfire - about where we'll live - I've also been following Quolls info on the areas but was waiting for you to get over there and report back to us all!!!!!! I think we'll probably find rented accom anywhere we can and try and check out places in our first few weeks there - I guess the advice is being near work so it may depend where we get jobs ... and for us .... a good school for our 6 year old.

We were in a similar position to you AngeDB in that we didn't really know where to go and decided on Canberra but having done lots of research since - esp to write our 2 pager for the SS app - we are now really excited about going there - it just seems to have the best of so many worlds and I like that idea ...

I don't mind about the seasons either - you hear of people saying that when the sun is always there it can be too much - atleast we'll have those changes and when it is summer, it really is summer - unlike here!!

Thanks for the tip-off about the TRN Samfire - we're not with an agent - I'm doing it all myself - so that's a top tip Thanks!!

Hang on in there Rob & Catherine and AngDB - it will be your turn soon!!

Speak again soon ! Take care all

destyoz

Guest Samfire

Don't worry! I promise I'll write reams and reams on here about the areas that I like/don't like so much when I get to Canberra and I'll try my best to give you all a feel for each area i.e. concrete jungle, modern, older part of town, quaint, quiet, busy city living, spacious, clastraphobic, large lots, small blocks, wide leafy avenues etc. The only problem is that I'm still stuck here in hell at the moment - please house, just sell for God's sake!!!! Sorry, I tend to lose it every now and then!!!!

Like you Desty, I tend to quite like the idea of seasons, especially when Autumn and Spring will still be like summer to us Irish and Brits!!!!! I don't mind a couple of months of cold winter either - variety is the spice of life. We'll probably rent for 3months - I want to find a permanent home soon though, so I don't have to uproot the kids too much (Boys 12 and 4 - if we rent for too long, they will have made friends that they don't want to leave and also, schools may need to be changed if we moved to the opposite end of Canberra). Hubby would rather wait and take his time choosing a house to buy, which in theory makes good sense, but I think unless we were going to purchase near where we are renting, then it's better that we don't rent for too long. So confused though! Would love to move the properties down in Tugger up North - can't have it every way I suppose!

Catcha all later!

Guest destinationoz

Good luck selling your house - have you thought about renting it out? I can't wait for you to sell now cos I'm really looking forward to getting all the feedback from you - about areas etc!!!!!!!

I think it is a dilemma about how long to wait to find the right place to live but I agree that for kids its good to get them settled as soon as poss - especially in a good school ... we'll be looking at the state schools - will you? At the moment, for me, I feel its more important to find somewhere to live that we like and has a good school than being near to where we work - we can always travel to work...

Anyway - "speak" soon!

Don't worry! I promise I'll write reams and reams on here about the areas that I like/don't like so much when I get to Canberra and I'll try my best to give you all a feel for each area i.e. concrete jungle, modern, older part of town, quaint, quiet, busy city living, spacious, clastraphobic, large lots, small blocks, wide leafy avenues etc. The only problem is that I'm still stuck here in hell at the moment - please house, just sell for God's sake!!!! Sorry, I tend to lose it every now and then!!!!

Like you Desty, I tend to quite like the idea of seasons, especially when Autumn and Spring will still be like summer to us Irish and Brits!!!!! I don't mind a couple of months of cold winter either - variety is the spice of life. We'll probably rent for 3months - I want to find a permanent home soon though, so I don't have to uproot the kids too much (Boys 12 and 4 - if we rent for too long, they will have made friends that they don't want to leave and also, schools may need to be changed if we moved to the opposite end of Canberra). Hubby would rather wait and take his time choosing a house to buy, which in theory makes good sense, but I think unless we were going to purchase near where we are renting, then it's better that we don't rent for too long. So confused though! Would love to move the properties down in Tugger up North - can't have it every way I suppose!

Catcha all later!

hi Samfire, really looking forward to your 'report' when you get to Canberra.

Season change is really dramatic to us here in Malaysia, we haven't experience any season changes in our life. haha.. looking forward to it..

Guest AVALSHARMA

Congrates.........................

I got SS from ACT on 26/06/09 and waiting for CO. PCC ready but not sent. Waiting for first correspondance from CO.

Best Wishes to Everybody:wubclub:

AVAL:policeman:

Guest 101126

Congratulations to both Brizziebound and desitnationoz, glad you got your state sponsorhip. Fortunately I got mine an age ago and have now been granted my 176 PR visa and am just waiting on selling our house before we move over there.

Bobj, don't worry about Squem kicking your b**t, I am her Dad and I know that Squem could not even hurt a fly even if armed with a machine gun

Archived