Pending 175 applicants who received the Australian DIAC email yesterday?

thekevjones

I would be interested to hear the comments from 175 applicants who have had an existing visa application pending for 3-6 months, already have a C/O assigned, have completed medicals/PCC's, are NOT on the CSL or MODL list and received the standard email from DIAC yesterday?????

BTW and not surprisingly, this applies to ME and I now have several concerns....

1) How will the global economy pan out over the next 12-24 months, which might affect processing further?

2) No point adandoning my application because they say I won't get a refund.

3) My medicals and PCC's will not doubt expire before my visa gets processed now so I may have to get them all done again at extra cost! Very annoying...

4) Do I look for a job now in NSW and switch to a sponsorship visa?

5) 2011 seems a long way away...but maybe DIAC are just covering themselves by suggesting it may take this long, when in reality it may probably happen sooner?

Since i'm not ready to go right now, this might actually be a blessing because from the point of approval you have 5 yrs to make the move, which means I could have the next 6-7 years to think about it...etc? Should I be successful in my original application!

Lots to consider and think about but i'd like to hear other thoughts, complaints, issues...etc????? It's always good to hear what other people in the same situation are think/considering....

Thanks in advance

Kev

It never explicitly said 2011 rather the intake of skilled workers for 2009-10 will be limited to 108,100 places...

I read in between the lines and assumed 2011 as the worse case.

This is still a high number so i'm hoping i'm still in with a shout before then.

Cheers

Guest Shreen

My agent said 18 months from yesterday's date. That's just a guesstimation, nobody knows but it looks like 175's won't be processed this finacial year at all.

Guest someoneitsme

I m also on the same boat .. i i m on the final stage too.. now considering to change to 176 SSV WA but still need to wait in along "Q" for next 3-4 months for processin.. as I am very eager to go there .. before the end of this year.. Does any one have any suggestion ..

Hi there well we still have our 175 lodged since 02/12/08 but then applied ss qld in april due to oh occupation being removed from csl and now we are refused ss due to lack of funds in bank. We will have funds when sell house but we will need to apply again to qld but i was hoping in mean time that a fairy would come along and process the 175 visas not on csl and then we wouldnt have to do ss again. It really not looking good though with 175 s , unless they put all the occupations back on csl mmmm very doubtful,good luck everyone

Guest GillianM

Hi, our visa was lodged 2nd December 2008 as well, where in Scotland are you? im from Perth, hoping to move to Queensland. OH a Vehicle Painter.

Gillian x

Guest Dolores

Hi

My husband and I are have applied on a 475 family sponsored so also not on the priority list- I started a thread to see how the water lay.

Tony Coates posted a comment on this thread by the Aus government that states they do not envisage that they will process any other applications in the 2009/10 year apart from state sponsored and CSL- I have copied and pasted it below- I have highlighted bits

Unfortunately I think we are all in for a long wait

Rgds

Dolores

Dear Sir/ Madam,

General Skilled Migration (GSM) Priority Processing Arrangements for 2009-10

As you may be aware, in a media release dated 12 May 2009, the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship, Senator Chris Evans (“the Minister”) announced that, in response to the continued economic slowdown, the Australian Government has decided that the permanent skilled migrant intake for the 2009-10 program year will be 108,100 places.

As a result, the priority arrangements implemented on 1 January 2009 following the Minister’s direction in relation to the order of consideration of certain applications for sponsorship, nomination and visas under the Skill Stream of the Migration Program, will remain in place for 2009–10. Consistent with that direction, visa applications under the permanent GSM Program will be processed according to the following order:

1. employer sponsorship

2. State or Territory sponsorship

3. an occupation on the Critical Skills List (CSL)

4. an occupation on the Migration Occupation in Demand List (MODL)

5. all other applications in date of lodgement order

The arrangements put in place will continue to ensure that priority is given to employer-sponsored and government-sponsored visa applications, and that skills shortages in particular fields and regional areas are addressed. Furthermore, the CSL will remain in place for those applicants who have skills in areas of critical need and are seeking to migrate to Australia without a sponsor.

How are you affected?

Your application does not fall into Groups 1-2 and your nominated occupation is not on the CSL (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf). This means that no further processing can be done on your application until all applications in Groups 1-3 have been finalised.

Based on current application rates for Groups 1-3, it is unlikely at this stage that applications which fall in Groups 1-3 will be exhausted in the 2009-10 Migration Program year and processing of Groups 4 and 5 will be delayed until this has occurred.

This arrangement applies to all applications in Groups 4 and 5, irrespective of whether health and character clearances have been provided; the date your application was submitted; whether the application is in the final stages of processing or your nominated occupation was previously on the CSL.

We will contact you again should there be any changes to the above arrangements.

If your nominated occupation is Accountant, ASCO code 2211-11 or Computing Professional (nec), ASCO Code 2231-79, see Attachment A.

- 2 -

Providing outstanding documents

If you were requested to undergo health and character checks but have not yet initiated these, you should not proceed until a further request is made by the Department.

If you have already undergone your health and character checks, these should still be forwarded to the Department. However, please note that processing of your application will not be finalised until further notice.

No further documentation should be provided until your new case officer contacts you.

Your visa status

For Onshore GSM applicants (subclass 496, 880, 881, 882, 885, 886), you will hold a Bridging visa A until a decision is made on your GSM application. If you wish to travel overseas during the processing of your GSM application, you should apply for a Bridging visa B (at your nearest DIAC office) before leaving Australia.

If you are granted a Bridging visa B, you have permission to travel overseas and to re-enter Australia (within a set period) while your GSM application is being processed, as it gives you a temporary visa status, should your current substantive visa expire. Further information on Bridging visas can be found at: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1024i.pdf

For Offshore GSM applicants (subclass 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 175, 176, 475, 496) who are in Australia, bridging visas are not applicable to your application. To remain lawfully in Australia you will need to ensure you hold a substantive visa (eg Tourist, Student, Work).

How can you obtain priority processing?

To be eligible for priority processing you will need to obtain nomination by a State or Territory Government. This option is available for subclasses 134, 136, 175, 176, 885, 886.

States and Territories can nominate applicants who have an occupation on their skills shortage list. They may also sponsor up to 500 visa applicants and their families per year who do not have occupations on their State or Territory list depending on the needs of local labour markets.

Please note that it is entirely at the discretion of the State or Territory whether or not they choose to nominate a migration visa applicant.

If you receive a nomination, your application will be allocated to a case officer within 10 days of approval of this nomination.

Further information on State or Territory nominations can be found at: General Skilled Migration

Alternatively, you may seek an Australian employer to formally sponsor you.

Further information on Employer sponsorship can be found at: Visa Options - Employer Sponsored Workers - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Can I provide a new skills assessment?

If you obtain a new skills assessment for an occupation listed on the CSL, this can generally only be considered with a new application. You must ensure you meet the legislative criteria in place at the time of lodgement. Any new application will require a new visa application charge.

- 3 -

Can I withdraw my application?

If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise the department in writing. This advice can include any number of applicants but must be signed by each person aged 18 years and over.

Applicants who wish to withdraw their application because of these processing delays will generally not be eligible for a refund of the first Visa Application Charge. This is because the legislation only allows limited circumstances in which refunds can be given.

Where can I get further information?

The Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre updates information on skilled visa processing every Tuesday. To receive an auto response, a blank email should be sent to: aspc.processing@immi.gov.au.

Further announcements on processing arrangements will also be published on the Department’s website at: What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration as changes are made.

The case officer previously assigned to your application will no longer be able to assist with enquiries about your application.

All processing enquiries must be made via the Department’s post-lodgement website enquiry form at: General Skilled Migration Post-Lodgement Enquiry Form

Yours sincerely

Tony Coates

Un-Registered Migration Agent

Australian Visa: Australian Visa Bureau

Hi, our visa was lodged 2nd December 2008 as well, where in Scotland are you? im from Perth, hoping to move to Queensland. OH a Vehicle Painter.

Gillian x

hi we are from helensburgh , we are going to perth soon actually to meet my cousin coming up from london. we are hoping to go qld but it getting delayed again with all changes. is your oh occupation on csl list? or are you ss 176 visa?

Dear Sir/ Madam,

General Skilled Migration (GSM) Priority Processing Arrangements for 2009-10.....

.....How can you obtain priority processing?

To be eligible for priority processing you will need to obtain nomination by a State or Territory Government. This option is available for subclasses 134, 136, 175, 176, 885, 886.

States and Territories can nominate applicants who have an occupation on their skills shortage list. They may also sponsor up to 500 visa applicants and their families per year who do not have occupations on their State or Territory list depending on the needs of local labour markets.

Tony Coates

Un-Registered Migration Agent

Australian Visa: Australian Visa Bureau

Hi all.

Am I missing something here - I thought State Sponsored 475's were also being given priority. What is the point of applying for State Sponsorship if it is not going to be of any benefit for this particular visa class. Or, is there the possibility that ALL 475's (State and Family) will continue to be processed because they are not initially permanent visas, even though they are GSM visas? This process gets more confusing and more frustrating every day.

Does anybody really know what is going on because, from my experience, not even the people employed at DIAC know. Also, does anybody really believe that there will be 108,000 applications just from people with State Sponsorships and on the CSL in the next 12 months.

Cheers.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Kazzarazza

I think the 6 visas referred to are the ones where you can switch to State sponsorship without having to make a new visa application. With the 475 you would have to make a new application if you have applied for a family sponsored sc 475 but you then want to switch to a State sponsored sc 475 instead.

Cheers

Gill

Hi Dolores,

Your pasted message from Tony Coates was effectively the official content of the email I received from the visa processing dept.

I think unless anything jumps out at me, like a great prospect in Oz that I can apply for remotely i'm going to wait, even if it takes 2 yrs. I'm in no rush really.

Cheers

Kev

Hi

How are you affected?

Your application does not fall into Groups 1-2 and your nominated occupation is not on the CSL (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf). This means that no further processing can be done on your application until all applications in Groups 1-3 have been finalised.

Well, since I read this for the first time in Jan 2009. I was wondering: What in earth do they mean by "until all applications in Groups 1-3 have been finalised". They will never get ALL finalized as long as they keep receiving new applications and processing them.

It's never resonalbe that a 176 applied in 2009 get their visa beofre a 175 who applied in 2008 ??!!

I beleive it should go like this : no applicant on 175 will get their visa until all 176 lodged on/before the same date have been all finialized. That makes sense, Otherwise, it's an infinite loop.

somebody corrects me if I'm wrong

Guest chris_mac

Lets not forget that the ministers changes and announcements are put in place to both protect the current Australian economy and citizens alike whilst and trying to help the Australian economy to recover.

By only processing certain applications as this is the case, the DIAC are using this as a safeguard that those who's applications are prioritised pose no risk on the economy and mainly will contribute back into it.

I personally beleive Australia has the immigration procedure spot and by introducing these tighter guidelines the Country in the long run will benifit where by other countries have failed.

I was effected by the change and yes, it did really get me down... I saw a way forward and changed visa's etc to get back on track...

My advice would be to scrutinise every possible option available..... if you are not sure then ask. Please feel free to pm me and i will do my upmost to research any possible ways forward if you are struggling..

Best wishes

Chris

Guest Dolores

Hi Chris

Its a problem isn't it? My husband and I are keen to go but could only do SS to South Australia on a 475. We certainly do not have the collateral necessary to prove funds required at the moment, we do not have a mortgage and skant savings- so a few years down the line is good for us.

However the worry is that this system will suit the Australian government and they stick with it for quite a while maybe years. If that does prove to be the case then the ever increasing pile of non priority applications could be gathering dust for who knows? 4, 5 years? It is an awfully big commitment to have hanging over you for so long.

Just my thoughts!

Regards

Dolores

Guest pippa1
Lets not forget that the ministers changes and announcements are put in place to both protect the current Australian economy and citizens alike whilst and trying to help the Australian economy to recover.

By only processing certain applications as this is the case, the DIAC are using this as a safeguard that those who's applications are prioritised pose no risk on the economy and mainly will contribute back into it.

I agree with what you say, but I am an onshore applicant at the bottom of the pile. I studied here and have a full time job in teaching. I did not choose a course to study just to get PR. I am devasted by the latest news, it seems so unfair. I don't think i have a right to anything but beliieve I should have a fair chance.

I cannot get SS and my employer (Gov) does not do ENS visa's. I applied for offlist ss and got rejected despite being toatlly messed around (thats another story!). I am commited to the state have family here, have bought a house, paid school fees and the rest! I am sooooo gutted and upset.

So i am stuck in limbo land, and nobody really cares...:sad:

Good luck to all

x

Pippa, your situation does seem particularly harsh, I do hope you manage to resolve it.

And to Chris's point...don't get me wrong mate, on one hand I am disaapointed because of these restrictions but on the other hand I respect those in authority for instilling such stringent measures for the security of the Australian economy. One which I hope I can add value to one day...

Thanks

Kev

Guest cuba267
Well, since I read this for the first time in Jan 2009. I was wondering: What in earth do they mean by "until all applications in Groups 1-3 have been finalised". They will never get ALL finalized as long as they keep receiving new applications and processing them.

It's never resonalbe that a 176 applied in 2009 get their visa beofre a 175 who applied in 2008 ??!!

I beleive it should go like this : no applicant on 175 will get their visa until all 176 lodged on/before the same date have been all finialized. That makes sense, Otherwise, it's an infinite loop.

somebody corrects me if I'm wrong

Agree with you roky, it is unfair on people who have applied before others. But its not just an 'australian government' issue. As australia is a federation of several states it could be argued that this is the best way of doing things as each state can look after its own needs as they should know what those needs are 'better' than the federal government. But, i agree, its not really fair on those that are waiting and waiting and waiting....

Archived