Anyone out there on the Mornington Peninsula?

sallyandkev

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi all

I've just come across this website and thread....a bit slow of me as I've been living in Mornginton for over 4 years. I am in my early 40's and would love to know a few fellow poms who are down this way. I work for myself and end up with a bit of time on my hands (in between trips for work) so would love to catch up and hang out some time and share a bit of that English Wit :)

Tracey

Hi Tracey

We are a little further North than you but there are quite a few PIO members down on the peninsula who will hopefully get in touch soon, a couple of names to watch out for are "Sunnyday" just arrived, Julie, Carole, Lee, Clare and lots of others.

If you have no luck give me a shout and I will get you in contact with them.

Kate

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hia hun i will send you a pm xxx

there are a few of us down here xxx

i am welsh though lol xxx so have to be welsh wit !

love

carole x

Hi all

I've just come across this website and thread....a bit slow of me as I've been living in Mornginton for over 4 years. am in my early 40's and would love to know a few fellow poms who are down Ithis way. I work for myself and end up with a bit of time on my hands (in between trips for work) so would love to catch up and hang out some time and share a bit of that English Wit :)

Tracey

Hi all

I've just come across this website and thread....a bit slow of me as I've been living in Mornginton for over 4 years. I am in my early 40's and would love to know a few fellow poms who are down this way. I work for myself and end up with a bit of time on my hands (in between trips for work) so would love to catch up and hang out some time and share a bit of that English Wit :)

Tracey

Hi Tracey

I'm yet another pom on the peninsula (18months now) in an expanding group. think it's time we all had another coffee soon. may be let me know what suits you and see if we can get together.

cath

cath

Guest Caroline Norman

Hi

Hi, I've been here since January, in Mt Eliza and yes i'm always up for a coffee! anyone else is welcome. We'll sort a date and put another post on shortly.

Caroline

Guest EndedupinOz

Hi all! It's great to hear from you...sounds like a coffee catch up is in order. I'm pretty flexible around time and days at the moment.

Re your question Julie, I am up on Beleura Hill near Mills beach. I've been renting this old run down summer house hear that I love for the last four years. Where are you?

Guest rae848
Hi all! It's great to hear from you...sounds like a coffee catch up is in order. I'm pretty flexible around time and days at the moment.

Re your question Julie, I am up on Beleura Hill near Mills beach. I've been renting this old run down summer house hear that I love for the last four years. Where are you?

Hi there

I'm at Beleura Hill Road though the highway end not the beach end. Theres certainly a few people around in Mornington.

I've been stuck not being able to meet up with people as I'm currently working in the city so am only around in Mornington at weekends which is a shame as I've been here since March & haven't been able to meet new people. I'm due to go back to being unemployed again soon though as my temp job finishes in 3 weeks & I've yet to find something to take over.

Regards

Rachel

Guest EndedupinOz
Hi there

I'm at Beleura Hill Road though the highway end not the beach end. Theres certainly a few people around in Mornington.

I've been stuck not being able to meet up with people as I'm currently working in the city so am only around in Mornington at weekends which is a shame as I've been here since March & haven't been able to meet new people. I'm due to go back to being unemployed again soon though as my temp job finishes in 3 weeks & I've yet to find something to take over.

Regards

Rachel

Hi Rachel

I know how difficult it can be as I travel alot for work and so in between a lot of coming and going it's been difficult to meet people in the area. Am happy to catch up at weekends...am looking for a walking partner...do you like walking...nothing too strenuous just some regular exercise?

Also open to anybody else with free time in Mornington area...don't seem to have the willpower to do it on my own :S

Tracey

Hi all

Tracey

Hi Tracey, where abouts in Mornington are you. There are so many of us here you wouldn't believe... We have been here nearly 5 years, I have just started working from home, I work full time but can always fit in a coffee... hehe. We live off of Strachans Road, I've just hit the big 50!! pm me if you would like to meet up, I'm sure I can get a few others to join us.

Carole

• 2 weeks later...
Guest juliemtaylor

Hi,

I am near Dunns Road, estate opp the skate park and reserve there. Look forward to the next coffee morning soon, should be free in a week after I've finished my placement hours!

Julie x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

New to POMS IN OZ and to Mornington, been in Mornington 2 weeks!

I stay at the top of a hill - Beleura Hill and have no car!!

Would like to meet up with you all as well. I have a 2 yr old and a 4 month old baby who would be coming along too!!

Hope to hear from you soon

Heather

Hi

Would like to meet up with you all as well. I have a 2 yr old and a 4 month old baby who would be coming along too!!

Heather

hia heather

welcome to mornington x

have have sent you a pm

carole

Hi Heather

Welcome to Mornington. Hope you have brought a bit of good weather with you from the other side of the world. We have had the wettest August since.........

I sometimes walk the dogs down at Mills Beach after dropping my son at school. look out for a 'lassie' dog and black mutt.

I do know a Mum from your neck of the woods who also has a young baby and is living in Mornington - she may be a good link for you- at least to put you in touch with other Mums. Would you like me to arrange a coffee meet? She is probably the best person to get you familiar with all things child-friendly in the area.

Cath

Hi

Heather

Hi Heather

Welcome to Mornington. I'm in Beleura Hill Road & don't drive & when I've not been working & the weather allows go for a walk to Mills Beach & back.

There are several people on here who are in Mornington or nearby so I'm sure you'll get to meet people soon. I've been here nearly 6 months but because of working in the city for some of that time I have only met up with people once so far as I haven't always been around during the week.

Regards

Rachel

• 2 months later...

I've just found this thread and wondered if any of you meet up from time to time.

I moved to mornington at the beginning of October and like some of you work full time and have yet too meet many people, and like some am finding it hard at times.

It would be great to meet up for a drink /coffee one evening or weekend if anybody is free. I live near Beleura Hill too !

Zina

I've just found this thread and wondered if any of you meet up from time to time.

I moved to mornington at the beginning of October and like some of you work full time and have yet too meet many people, and like some am finding it hard at times.

It would be great to meet up for a drink /coffee one evening or weekend if anybody is free. I live near Beleura Hill too !

Zina

Hi Zina

I'm sure there'll be a few replies. I have yet to meet up with either of the people who live near me on Beleura Hill as working in the city means I'm busy during the week. It is difficult when you are working full time but I'm sure you'll get to meet people soon. I meet up with a few people once a month in the city for lunch as there is a group who meet at Time Out in Fed Square but even then I have to dash off as I'm on my lunch break.

I'm up for any meetings in the evening or weekends though, I'm often out in Mornington at the weekend. I'm just about to go to the UK for a 2 week visit though, flying at the weekend but am back on 8th Dec.

Regards

Rachel

Good idea to join Britvics and post there as a lot of people pop by that live in the area. Also the new Vic forum which you can access from the foot of this site. There you will find a lot of people who are already settled in the area.

Good luck.

Guest louisebrown

Hi,

I live in Hastings which is about 15mins from Mornington, I lived in Mornigton for about 9 years but it just kept getting bigger and bigger, hastings is smaller but going the way of Mornington. I am happy to catch up.

Louise

• 1 year later...
Guest mazkinmond5
Hi,

I am near Dunns Road, estate opp the skate park and reserve there. Look forward to the next coffee morning soon, should be free in a week after I've finished my placement hours!

Julie x

Hey Julie,I have been here since Oct 2011, we are just near skate park also, have sent you friends req, maybe we can meet up some time x

Marilyn

Hey Julie,I have been here since Oct 2011, we are just near skate park also, have sent you friends req, maybe we can meet up some time x

Marilyn

I will give you a toot on the horn on my way to work at Masters.

Archived