car selling in the UK..Help Needed AGAIN!!!

carlymac

Hi only me again,

Really sorry to keep asking so many questions!!

How soon did everyone sell their car in the uk? We leave in about 14 weeks and not sure to sell it yet or nearer to the time. What did everyone else do?

Thanks YET again.....I have so much to organise, its driving me :wacko:

Carly, Lee and Boys

Hi Carly,

That is a difficult one..do you need your car..if not sell it now and then you don't have to take any silly offers, you will get them if they know you are emigrating, especially with not long to go.

We sold ours with 3 weeks to go but with staying in a caravan quite a way from anywhere and kids still at school we loaned a car from my nephew for 3 weeks.

Sadly no one knows how long it will take to sell a car we were lucky and advertised it for 1 week and got loads of interest and sold it for the asking price.

Only my view but hope it helps.

Sue

Guest MariAndyok

If you've got a nice car put it up for sale with about 8 weeks to go. When you sell it, go and buy a £500 car with tax and mot to run around with for the last few weeks, then sell that to a garage for a couple of hundred quid just before you leave, if not drive it to the scrappy and he'll give you £100 for it.....then come out here and moan for the firstmonth about how dear the old bange rs are and you've just sold one just like that for a couple of hundred quid.......:biglaugh:

Hi Carly,

That is a difficult one..do you need your car..if not sell it now and then you don't have to take any silly offers, you will get them if they know you are emigrating, especially with not long to go.

We sold ours with 3 weeks to go but with staying in a caravan quite a way from anywhere and kids still at school we loaned a car from my nephew for 3 weeks.

Sadly no one knows how long it will take to sell a car we were lucky and advertised it for 1 week and got loads of interest and sold it for the asking price.

Only my view but hope it helps.

Sue

Hi we will sell our the day before we go using the company we buy your car. They don't give top buck but the price is better than trade in deals. not that you will be trading. I can't be bothered with tyre kickers, my car is quite new and very low mileage so it is holding a reasonable price.

hi there, We left our AUDI A6 with my other halfs sister to try and sell, weve been here now 6 mths and carnt seem to sell it, it is in fantastic nick as my other half is an Audi machanic so no worries with it........ Seems like people aint got the money to spare and to be honest we carnt afford to give it away its a 1997 model in silver gey an estate type its based in derbyshire if anyone knows someone who will be interested we would like 1300 for it , anyone interested just pm us and will give further details and contact numbers back in the uk cheers ..............Still hoping to sell it, was thinking of shipping it out here as second audi are expensive here ..... here is hoping

I thought it would take a while to sell my car so i started to advertise it a month back but it sold within two days. Im lucky as Hubs has a company car so we can manage with one car as he is working from home right now and Ive left my job so i can de-clutter and rest (i have been ill recently) prior to our move.

pistonheads was recommended to me via this website, free to advertise on there!

Good luck

Emma

x

Guest guest17301

LOL, Carly you sound just like me befor we left! I sold my old Fiesta a week before we left on Auto Trader, got more than I wanted for it! OH left his with Dad to sell as we couldn't manage without a car in the last few days and it sold around 2 weeks later for the asking price. I found it much less stressful/pricey to have our car to run around in for last minute visiting people/tip runs etc...

LOL, Carly you sound just like me befor we left!

Does that mean Fiona you were rushing around like a headless chicken? Trying to organise everything? Asking 20 questions a day on PIO? LOL :twitcy:

Thanks for your help again

Carly Lee and Boys. :wubclub:

Guest guest17301

Just do a search through my threads you'll probably find the answers to all your worries...and maybe some you hadn't thought of!

Just do a search through my threads you'll probably find the answers to all your worries...and maybe some you hadn't thought of!

Thanks Fiona, I will have a little look now...if I can figure out how to do it...:err: Only joking I think I know how...

Thanks again, you have been really helpful

Carly, Lee and Boys

Guest burnsb

We sold our two cars about a week ago we have about six weeks before we leave and we bought a £500 car with tax and mot the guy who sold us it will buy it back. It was a relief to get them sold because we were a bit worried about the market. As long as the other car keeps going until the end of June we will be doing well.

Archived