CSL Protection?

pommysteve

Hi All,

Just got a positive ACS assesment back (2231-79 Network Security) which is on CSL & MODL so first hurdle acheived! Yah!:biggrin:

At what point will my Visa application (175 or 176 - not in a hurry) be protected against changes to the CSL?

Thanks for your advise,

Steve.

Thanks Les,

I gues my question should've been :-

"once I have applied for a VISA do changes to MODL or CSL affect that application?".

"I.E. If my skill drops off but I have applied for the visa will it still be processed?"

Help appreciated,

Steve.

Les can answer I'm sure but there is at least one person I know of on this forum who had applied for the 175, was on the CSL but then his skill was taken off the CSL in March and now he has had to apply for state sponsorhip and now has a problem bc he just turned 45 yrs. Search for the legdes posts. See: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/60062-anyone-over-45-accepted-state-sponsorship.html

Nobody can really assure you that won't happen again. It may be because there has been such an uproar from the minister doing this to people who had already lodged their applications that next time they remove skills from the CSL they will only make it for prospective applications and not retrospective. But who knows?

If you are on the CSL, even though you are not in a rush to move, I'd get my application in now. You can never predict what will happen.

So they can take your money, get your hopes up, make you wait 6 months plus for a case officer... in the meatime you could sell your house and resign from your job....

Then change the CSl / MODL and put you in a position where you can no longer emmigrate?

Is that correct? ? ? ?

Cheers,

Steve.

Guest bentkitty
So they can take your money, get your hopes up, make you wait 6 months plus for a case officer... in the meatime you could sell your house and resign from your job....

Then change the CSl / MODL and put you in a position where you can no longer emmigrate?

Is that correct? ? ? ?

Cheers,

Steve.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Oh and don't forget the fact that the CO may have asked for meds/police checks which for a large family can be over a £1000. There are several people on this forum who used to be on the CSL, did not front load meds, after waiting for many months finally got their CO assigned, got their meds done after the CO requested them, then fell off the CSL in March. They may well have to do their meds and pay all over again! It does seem unfair but unfrotunately it is what it is

Guest damo

I am a bricklayer, was on CSL etc, spent a fortune on application, started getting ready to leave UK, even got rid of our dog much to the kids dismay. Then taken off CSL. Now had to apply for state sponsorship. Not good. This despite being told that the criteria in place when we originally applied would remain throughout our application - seems a bit of a con to me and a bloody good money making exercise for the government.

Damien

Guest cluedo

I was led to believe this is the case for the CSL but not the MODL, we where told that once your application is in time stands still, am I wrong?

Guest bentkitty
I was led to believe this is the case for the CSL but not the MODL, we where told that once your application is in time stands still, am I wrong?

Given the government's actions in march I would not bank on anything anymore. The goal posts seem to be moving at a moment's notice, and there seems to be very little the applicants can do, as we appear to be mere pawns in this political game.

My partner and I are still on the CSL (accountant), in final stages now (waiting for the visa grant), and frankly terrified that the visa won't arrive before the new budget is announced on 12 May, in case it restricts the CSL further.... let us all hope not...!!!!

Is that correct? ? ? ?

Cheers,

Steve.

I know it can seem very frustrating, etc, but as I understand it you will still be processed if you drop off the CSL, it will just take longer.

Our agent has always advised us not to carry out any irreversible actions, such as resigning from our jobs or buying plane tickets, until we get our visa.

DIAC don't ask you to do any of these things... it's your own choice if you wish to carry out any of these actions before you get your visa.

Denise x

Guest The "legdes"

Benkitty,

This is EXACTLY what happened to us.

We didn't front load as we didn't want to gamble away the money for our 5 meds and police checks - over £1100.00. We were TOLD to get them by our CO - then were dropped as we were removed from the CSL.

Incidentally as the CSL needed replacing after just 11 weeks - did DIAC get it wrong in the first place ?? ...is it right now ?? when will the next update be ? 11 weeks from 16/3 ...I'd watch out if you are asked for your meds anywhere around the last week in May - you could get caught like us!

I applaud the decisons the government are taking but not their integity. They should treat people fairly and to me this means if they tell you to get the med done and you spend the money they should finish processing you.

I call that FOUL play - bad form DIAC !!

:no:

Yup, that pretty much sums it up. Oh and don't forget the fact that the CO may have asked for meds/police checks which for a large family can be over a £1000. There are several people on this forum who used to be on the CSL, did not front load meds, after waiting for many months finally got their CO assigned, got their meds done after the CO requested them, then fell off the CSL in March. They may well have to do their meds and pay all over again! It does seem unfair but unfrotunately it is what it is

Guest The "legdes"

Hi pommysteve,

We've been caught in this trap but I can reassure you that as things are at the moment even if you drop off the CSL all you lose is your priority processing. You keep you age and MODL etc - you just don't have any guarantee at all about when or how long it may be before your case gets looked at.

With this in mind if you think this could be your only bite at the cherry (perhaps because you are in your 40's) you'd probably be best advised to use an agent so you are sure you qualify and don't mess up your only chance. If you drop off CSL you can always consider getting back on the priority list by applying for state sponsorship. That's what we are now doing.

It just takes more time and if like us you have kids leaving school etc - time is not a luxury we have.

I'm really p*****d at DIAC for how they have treated us but I hope this helps to reassure you a bit .

Is that correct? ? ? ?

Cheers,

Steve.

Guest The "legdes"

Melbourneginny,

Yes - you are 100% right . Those poor souls are us - we feel really let down by this whole process. We are hoping that next week the age thing will be cleared up in our favour. We really need you to all say a prayer for us on this one !

Guest The "legdes"

Melbourne ginny,

Daren't do it - simply don't trust DIAC not to count it against us. I know it sounds weak but we are totally at their mercy and as we are now over 45 this is our only chance.

Steve,

The only thing you can do is get your application in asap and make sure it is 'decision ready'. That is the quickest way to get a decision if you are on CSL.

The goal posts can and do move all the time. Look at 457s only a few weeks ago. Look at what happened with Pathway D.

In fairness to the Government they do advise not to take any irrevocable actions prior to issue of the visa. Some people take notice of that and some ignore it, including clients of mine even after I have specifically advised of that.

It helps keeps things in perspective if you forget about all notions of consumer protection etc and remember it is not a consumer relationship but more a matter of being a supplicant.

Cheers,

Les

Guest The "legdes"

Melbourne ginny,

Thanks for the prayers - they worked !! We were accepted by SA today. Sooo relieved its not sinking in !

Wow, thanks for all the responses!

I'd just like to summerise further to clarify for anyone reading this useful thread...

MODL - Once points are granted and you have applied this should not change throughout the process(time stands still).

CSL - This can and probably will change but it's just a priority problem, not an application problem so at least you shoul get in eventually.

Good luck to all you poor souls that have been messed around so much. Really feel for you.

Please correct me if i'm wrong in any way.

Steve.

Guest bentkitty
Benkitty,

We didn't front load as we didn't want to gamble away the money for our 5 meds and police checks - over £1100.00. We were TOLD to get them by our CO - then were dropped as we were removed from the CSL.

Incidentally as the CSL needed replacing after just 11 weeks - did DIAC get it wrong in the first place ?? ...is it right now ?? when will the next update be ? 11 weeks from 16/3 ...I'd watch out if you are asked for your meds anywhere around the last week in May - you could get caught like us!

I applaud the decisons the government are taking but not their integity. They should treat people fairly and to me this means if they tell you to get the med done and you spend the money they should finish processing you.

Yup I must admit I was thinking of you Legdes when I put that post up!

Guest bentkitty
Benkitty,

I do remember your situation Legdes, to have everything change to 'Met' on the Friday, hoping visa would be arriving on the Monday, and instead finding out that the goalposts have moved must have been absolutely heartbreaking.. I wish you all the best of luck with your SS application (which I believe is due any day now?), following your progress on these forums!!

Guest proud2beaussie

To be fair to DIAC they do not set the government agenda for processing priority and I would lay London to a brick that nobody at DIAC knew about the changes made to the CSL before they were announced,that was born out by several threads on PIO in the days after the changes from people who had spoken to DIAC officers who had no idea about the changes until the 16/3 themselves.

In my view to criticise DIAC integrity is OTT,whilst they may have told applicants to have meds done only for the applicants occupation to be taken off the CSL is not really within DIAC control.

The only people who would have known about the changes were the Minister and his head of department.

DIAC workers are just doing their jobs and I think it's unfair to cast them as villains when the decision was ultimately out of their hands.

Melbourne ginny,

Thanks for the prayers - they worked !! We were accepted by SA today. Sooo relieved its not sinking in !

Congratulations on getting your SS through - fingers crossed it will be all plain sailing now for you.

Denise x

To be fair to DIAC they do not set the government agenda for processing priority and I would lay London to a brick that nobody at DIAC knew about the changes made to the CSL before they were announced,that was born out by several threads on PIO in the days after the changes from people who had spoken to DIAC officers who had no idea about the changes until the 16/3 themselves.

In my view to criticise DIAC integrity is OTT,whilst they may have told applicants to have meds done only for the applicants occupation to be taken off the CSL is not really within DIAC control.

The only people who would have known about the changes were the Minister and his head of department.

DIAC workers are just doing their jobs and I think it's unfair to cast them as villains when the decision was ultimately out of their hands.

They are quite lowely paid Civil servants and as you say would have no input as too changes in CSL. Mr Rudd on the other hand....why I ought to......!!!!!!:biglaugh: No actually, Mr Rudd you are a lovely lovely person and if you could just allow my visa through I will be your friend for life!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Archived