CSL Protection?

pommysteve

I'd just like to summerise further to clarify for anyone reading this useful thread...

MODL - Once points are granted and you have applied this should not change throughout the process(time stands still).

CSL - This can and probably will change but it's just a priority problem, not an application problem so at least you should get in eventually.

Please correct me if i'm wrong in any way.

________

Guest proud2beaussie
They are quite lowely paid Civil servants and as you say would have no input as too changes in CSL. Mr Rudd on the other hand....why I ought to......!!!!!!:biglaugh: No actually, Mr Rudd you are a lovely lovely person and if you could just allow my visa through I will be your friend for life!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

I don't want to be thought of as being unsympathetic to the feelings of people who have been messed around by the changes,I feel very sorry for them and I think the way the whole thing was handled was very unsatisfactory-I just believe that the blame lies at the foot of the Minister for Immigration and the head of his department-not with the individual case officers or indeed DIAC staff generally.

I sincerely hope that those who have been affected are able to sort things out as quickly as possible and I hope the next time the government decides to change it's processing priority mid stream that they handle it a bit better.

Oh wow!! I don't know you but have read many of your posts and I'm delighted to read this news! How wonderful for you and your family!!!! Good on you (as we say in Australia)!

You must be having a big celebration tonight then??? Good work by your agent I think. Have you been to Adelaide? I've had some holidays there (I'm from Melbourne)--it is such a lovely city. The cathedral, the cricket ground, the uni and the art museum etc. And then the beaches and proximity to the vineyards. The hills nearby.

I was led to believe this is the case for the CSL but not the MODL, we where told that once your application is in time stands still, am I wrong?

You are not wrong, however this policy can be changed at the stroke of a pen.

Archived