QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

Dearest Tasha,

Do stop stressing m'dear. I agree with Lyndhurst-the fact that you haven't been asked for extra information may simply mean that you sent your application complete the first time (you clever girl). In other words it could be a GOOD thing!

But I must admit it would be reassuring at this stage to have news from someone on your list of a new SS grant-having heard nothing for a while.

My wife spoke to someone at the relevant office a while back who said that a proper committee has to be convened to meet and discuss every single application. My guess is that such committees are unlikely to meet every day, perhaps more like once a week or once a fortnight. So what we'll probably see is a large number of grants at the same time-hopefully some day soon.

For the record-we've heard nothing else from them yet.

Keep up the good work.

And anyway I expect Brittany is very pleasant at this time of year-n'est-ce pas?

Best wishes,

Simon.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dearest Tasha,

Do stop stressing m'dear. I agree with Lyndhurst-the fact that you haven't been asked for extra information may simply mean that you sent your application complete the first time (you clever girl). In other words it could be a GOOD thing!

But I must admit it would be reassuring at this stage to have news from someone on your list of a new SS grant-having heard nothing for a while.

My wife spoke to someone at the relevant office a while back who said that a proper committee has to be convened to meet and discuss every single application. My guess is that such committees are unlikely to meet every day, perhaps more like once a week or once a fortnight. So what we'll probably see is a large number of grants at the same time-hopefully some day soon.

For the record-we've heard nothing else from them yet.

Keep up the good work.

And anyway I expect Brittany is very pleasant at this time of year-n'est-ce pas?

Best wishes,

Simon.

Ahh Simon, thank you for your very kind words... you are a sweetie!

I think my problem is that I have become too obsessed with getting the visa sorted for our new exciting life in Oz. I have really tried to be patient throughout all of this and have learnt from this process that actually I am far from a patient person. When I want something I want it and want it NOW!!! :laugh: LOL...

Also, I am bored, it has proved a tedious task for me to get a job here in France, as although I can speak reasonable French, the language can be a barrier at times and now that both my kiddies have started full time school I need a job to occupy my time. If I had more to do the time would pass quicker and I would not be stressing so much about it all. However, what with all the changes to the visa process that have happen on our rocky road so far, I do not feel very confident that it’s going to be plain sailing as more changes could be made at any time.

But you are so right, I do need to calm down and yes Brittany is a lovely place when the sun is shining and I have been making the most of it with the latest long line of bank holidays we have had here.

It’s good to know what your wife said after ringing the office. It is very reassuring for me and I'm sure for the others also on this thread.

... So... Its official - I am now going to calm down...

If you or anyone has a hint of me moaning, panicking or generally having a rant you can tell me to just SHUT UP! LOL :yes:

Thanks again,

Tasha x

Tash,

You are a bit of a star you know. I'm sure I speak on behalf of many when I say how appreciative I am of your efforts in setting up these Qld SS timelines.

And yes I absolutely agree. I've always been the sort of person who having decided upon something wanted the results straightaway. This whole migration to Oz thing has taught me an entirely new understanding of the word 'patience'. But hey I reckon that can't be bad for my blood pressure...

Don't spend too much time worrying about conspiracy theories or possible changes to state government policy as explanations for why this is taking so long. More likely by far I think that they are just utterly overwhelmed by the number of applications they have received. My experience of Ozzies so far is that while they may lack the emotion of us Brits in expressing our anxieties to each other they do actually get on with their jobs and come up with the goods in the end.

All the best-and bonne soiree.

Simon.

Name: Matty Walsh

Posted App: 27th May 2009

I have my DIAC paperwork and application ready, so once I hear back regarding my 176 visa, if all things go well, I shall just send that straight away. After all the running about and taking exams for the past several months, its all come down to waiting...and waiting....and....you've guessed it, waiting some more. Oh well, at least I can relax now since I have done everything I can.

I am heading to Queensland (fingers crossed) but I have no idea where to live and work. I am outdoor kinda person who loves scuba diving (qualified Dive Master), football, kayaking etc but I also enjoy good night life. Is there such a place in queensland ?

I am heading out there on my own, I am a 31 year old qualified joiner/carpenter looking to hopefully meet some friends on here so when I do finally arrive, I wont be a 'billy no mates' and at least have people to meet up with. Soooooo, if anyone is in the same boat or looking for friends also, then drop me a line sometime. Be great to hear from ya.

Cheers!

I have my DIAC paperwork and application ready, so once I hear back regarding my 176 visa, if all things go well, I shall just send that straight away. After all the running about and taking exams for the past several months, its all come down to waiting...and waiting....and....you've guessed it, waiting some more. Oh well, at least I can relax now since I have done everything I can.

I am heading to Queensland (fingers crossed) but I have no idea where to live and work. I am outdoor kinda person who loves scuba diving (qualified Dive Master), football, kayaking etc but I also enjoy good night life. Is there such a place in queensland ?

I am heading out there on my own, I am a 31 year old qualified joiner/carpenter looking to hopefully meet some friends on here so when I do finally arrive, I wont be a 'billy no mates' and at least have people to meet up with. Soooooo, if anyone is in the same boat or looking for friends also, then drop me a line sometime. Be great to hear from ya.

Cheers!:biggrin:

Welcome to Matty (Wolla Bolla Bing Bong) and also Julie and Karl (Julzcary).... Thank you for joining us on this thread, you have now joined our lovely queue for QLD'er Peeps.:wink:

I have added your details to the front page now. Good luck with your application :hug: Tasha x

While we are waiting...

I thought (on a positive note lol) I would add some information to this thread about National holidays and also school holidays as it may be of some interest. I have included all the states (not just QLD) as there are so many different dates for each state.

DONT FORGET THOUGH!!! - Monday 8 June is a Bank Holiday for QLD as its the Queens Birthday Holiday!.

National and School holiday dates for 2009:

NATIONAL HOLIDAYS

JANUARY 2009:

New Year's Day - Thursday, January 1

Australia Day - Monday, January 26

MARCH 2009:

Labour Day (WA) - Monday, March 2

Labour Day (VIC) - Monday, March 9

Eight Hour Day (TAS) - Monday, March 9

APRIL 2009:

Good Friday - Friday, Apr 10

Easter Sunday - Sunday, Apr 12

Easter Monday - Monday, Apr 13

Anzac Day - Saturday, April 25

MAY 2009:

Labour Day (QLD) – Monday, May 4

May Day (NT) – Monday, May 4

JUNE 2009:

Foundation Day (WA) - Monday, June 1

Queen's Birthday Holiday - Monday, June 8, (All States except WA)

AUGUST 2009:

Bank Holiday (NSW) - Monday, August 3

SEPTEMBER 2009:

Australian National Flag Day - Thursday, September 3 (not a Public Holiday)

Queen's Birthday (WA) - Monday, September 28

OCTOBER 2009:

Labour Day (NSW, ACT & SA) - Monday, October 5

NOVEMBER 2009:

Melbourne Cup Day (Melbourne Metropolitan only)

- Tuesday November 3

DECEMBER 2009:

Christmas Day - Friday, December 25

Boxing Day - Saturday, December 26

(New Years Day 2010 - Friday, January 1)

SCHOOL TERMS - 2009:

Australian Capital Territory:

1st Term: Jan 30 - Apr 9

2nd Term: Apr 28 – Jul 3

3rd Term: Jul 20 - Sep 25

4th Term: Oct 12 - Dec 18

(resumes Jan 28, 2010)

New South Wales:

1st Term: Jan 27 - Apr 9

2nd Term: Apr 28 - Jul 10

3rd Term: Jul 27 - Oct 2

4th Term: Oct 19 - Dec 18

(resumes Jan 27, 2010)

Northern Territory:

1st Term: Jan 28 - Apr 3

2nd Term: Apr 14 - Jun 19

4th Term: Oct 5 - Dec 11

(resumes Jan 25, 2010)

Queensland:

2nd Term: Apr 21 - Jun 26

3rd Term: Jul 14 – Sep 18

4th Term: Oct 5 - Dec 11

(resumes Jan 27, 2010)

South Australia:

2nd Term: Apr 27 - Jul 3

4th Term: Oct 12 - Dec 11

(resumes Jan 27, 2010)

Tasmania:

1st Term: Feb 12 - May 29

2nd Term: Jun 15 - Sep 4

3rd Term: Sep 21 - Dec 17

(resumes - not yet finalised)

Victoria:

1st Term: Jan 28 - Apr 3

2nd Term: Apr 20 - Jun 26

3rd Term: Jul 13 - Sep 18

4th Term: Oct 5 - Dec 18

(resumes Jan 27, 2010)

Western Australia:

1st Term: Feb 2 - Apr 9

2nd Term: Apr 28 - Jul 3

3rd Term: Jul 20 – Sep 25

4th Term: Oct 12 - Dec 17

(resumes Feb 1, 2010)

:wubclub: Tasha x

Guest Nini

Hey all

unfortunately there is nothing moving at the moment. But I'm sure there is a lot of work for the QLD guys, because of the changes from the 16th March. So, don't be to much concerned about the waiting time, it won't be much longer now. I guess they make small piles and then they will grant it at once! I would make it like that.

Today I found out that our online application status says: Application being processed further :biggrin:

Hope it will be the final stage now, I'm sick of waiting like all of you - but:

Chin up ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Everything is going to be alright ! :jiggy:

Nini

Hi Nini,

Please can I have a pint of what you've been drinking this morning?

No seriously-thanks for your enthusiasm. It's easy to get despondent when kept waiting so long.

Simon.

Guest KellyandTom

Dear All

How about some good news? Just checked my emails & had one from our agent to say they received a letter from QLD - we have our state sponsorship! Can't believe it! Soooooo pleased! Our agent is getting everything ready for the main visa application now.

So to everyone still waiting - don't worry, things are moving & it will be you soon.

Good luck to everyone. Kelly x

Guest moving down under
Dear All

How about some good news? Just checked my emails & had one from our agent to say they received a letter from QLD - we have our state sponsorship! Can't believe it! Soooooo pleased! Our agent is getting everything ready for the main visa application now.

So to everyone still waiting - don't worry, things are moving & it will be you soon.

This is GREAT news:v_SPIN:

You guys applied the same day as us so maybe ours is on the way......

So they sent your agent an email? I thought they let people know by mailing a letter.

It's so close I can almost see the light.

Congratulations!

Guest KellyandTom

So they sent your agent an email? I thought they let people know by mailing a letter.

Hi Moving Down Under

Just to say, our agent got the letter but she emailed us to let us know, so perhaps we will get a letter too.

We emailed our agent to say thanks etc & she responded immediately at 12.30 am at night - don't they ever sleep! She too was very excited and said she jumped for joy at the post office when she read the letter!!!

I'm sure you will hear very soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. Kelly x

Excellent news Kelly - thats just what we all needed to hear to put our minds at rest!

Just out of interest, where abouts in Norfolk do you live? - we sold our house in Hoveton/Wroxham 2006 when RAF Coltishall closed. Still very much miss the area, the Broads, beaches & Norwich itself.

Mandy

Dear All

glitterfy123035T495D32.gif

Thats Fantastic News... Well Done!

I am so glad we have had some good news again on this thread, lets hope there are some more tomorrow!

I bet you will be celebrating tonight.

I am off to update your information right now...lol

:hug: Tasha x

Excellent news Kelly - thats just what we all needed to hear to put our minds at rest!

Just out of interest, where abouts in Norfolk do you live? - we sold our house in Hoveton/Wroxham 2006 when RAF Coltishall closed. Still very much miss the area, the Broads, beaches & Norwich itself.

Mandy

Hi Mandy

We also love the Broads, had holidays there and loads and loads of family days out.

Our special place is Horning.

This is one of the things I know we are going to miss. No offence QLD but Norwich will take some beating.

Guest Lyndhurst

Hi Moving Down Under

Just to say, our agent got the letter but she emailed us to let us know, so perhaps we will get a letter too.

We emailed our agent to say thanks etc & she responded immediately at 12.30 am at night - don't they ever sleep! She too was very excited and said she jumped for joy at the post office when she read the letter!!!

I'm sure you will hear very soon. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone. Kelly x

Hi Kelly

congratulations :jiggy: its great to hear you have got it.

we still havent heard anything... starting to worry now. i know its a bank holiday for them on monday so heres to the middle of next week.

cheryl xx:wubclub:

Hi Mandy

We also love the Broads, had holidays there and loads and loads of family days out.

Our special place is Horning.

This is one of the things I know we are going to miss. No offence QLD but Norwich will take some beating.

I agree! We've lived in a few places around the UK, visited Norfolk again at Easter and decided that if our Oz plans don't come off, then we'll probably end up back there next year........think positively though......we'll get the SS soon!

Mandy x

Guest Nini
Dear All

That's absolut fantastic

!!!!!! B i g C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s !!!!!!!!!

Nini

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Congratulations Kelly

At last good news for someone!

Good luck with the rest of your application - more waiting :rolleyes:

Donna

x

Congratulations Kelly :jiggy:Enjoy your celebrations

Im really pleased to see sponserships are being granted.....:cute:

Think we were all getting a little nervous for a bit there Tasha.... (on your Queensland thread & my Western Australia thread)

Guest KellyandTom

Dear all, just to say thank you for your support. We received the official letter from QLD today which was dated 29th May - so it does take a while for the results to come through. So it could well be there are more letters in the post now. Kelly x

Archived