QLD State Sponsor - update - where are you now?

Taz2008

All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. All being well with your visa applicaton, when are you hoping to move to Queensland?

• September 2009 or before
    • October 2009
    • November 2009
    • December 2009
    • January 2010
    • February 2010
    • March 2010
    • April 2010
    • May 2010
    • June 2010 or later

Hi Tasha

This is just to let you know, for your time lines, that Qld have e-mailed us this morning (22nd May) to say they have received our application for SS. We sent it on 18th may so that's pretty quick.

Regards.

Simon.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mandymark,

I've just looked at your time line and circumstances and see that we are in an extremely similar position.

I too got my IELTS at the beginning of April-and am not sure I've yet recovered from the experience! Still feel a bit resentful about the whole business and it represented the first time in my life I've been discriminated against on the grounds of my age!

We too also started with a 175 but are now applying to Qld for SS as well to try to speed things up.

Oh well it's nice to know there are others in the same situation as yourself.

All the best with your application.

Have a great weekend.

Simon.

Guest Nini

Hi guys,

it's a pity that you need to provide further information but if you can do there wouldn't certainly be a problem with the grant - just a short delay. That was the reason we decided to provide as much information as possible.

For all the people who applied before 17th April I would recommend to provide the following documents via email (if you did not already): CV, current employer reference, skill assessment and maybe you should write a nice research letter.

Just to be on the safe side and not to extend the cruel waiting time because of further information request. Good luck to all of you! Cross my fingers and keep on waiting, too!!

Nini

Guest moving down under

Funny, we emailed them directly before we applied and asked them what we needed to send in with our application. The emailed back saying just the application and TRA, so that is why we never sent any other documents. Oh well, hopefully it will be any day now.

Hi Guys

Been on to agent today and they sent extra info requested by Qsld yesterday by email, so they have it already!!

Apparently quite a few offices have probably lost docs originaly sent and the fact they've asked for more info means their interested...

Good luck everyone...

Well QLD'er peeps... Monday morning will be here soon and hopefully the postman will be bringing some of us some good news... Good luck again this week to everyone waiting. :hug:

Although, am I right in thinking that Monday is a bank holiday in the UK? We had our bank holiday on Thursday last week, so the postman has not been to us since Wednesday... So heres hoping we get lots on nice post in the morning - wishful thinking I think...

Best of luck everyone - let us know as soon as you know anything! :wubclub: Tasha x

Morning Everyone!

Does anyone have any news today? I wasn't expecting post tody with it being a Bank Holiday, but thought I might get an email requesting more information as I am near the top of our list. Ive got nothing.I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Morning Everyone!

Does anyone have any news today? I wasn't expecting post tody with it being a Bank Holiday, but thought I might get an email requesting more information as I am near the top of our list. Ive got nothing.I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

No NEWS is good News hang in there.

Unbelivible!!!! Got email from QLDS today saying they need CV proof of trade etc;

Info my agent has had for over a year!!!! and for whatever reason has not forwarded

Going to ring them tonight and bend their ear.

QLDS don't even know I'm a plasterer. Unbelivible...

Guest southerngent
Unbelivible!!!! Got email from QLDS today saying they need CV proof of trade etc;

Info my agent has had for over a year!!!! and for whatever reason has not forwarded

Name: webbwebbies

Application: posted by agent in QLD March 09

Received ack from QLD: 4,5 days later (by email)

SS received: No,still waiting....8/10wk processing time scale

Hi web, can you check your email from qld forActual date QLD recd application:

so we can see were you fit in the list.. No news here yet...

Good luck to all still waiting...

Morning Everyone!

:goofy: No Post and No email for us today...

OMG - I would not be happy! I take it your agent filled out your form? Is that right? Did you not see the form at all?

I filled out my hubby's form so I know that there was a box which said;

"What is your nominated occupation?" AND "ASCO Code of nominted occupation"

Surely your agent filled that box out for you?

ALSO, it states nearer the end of the form (and you must have had the same form as me I would think)

This section is to be completed by the applicant only (not the agent). The information gathered below is for Departmental information purposes only. This information is confidential and has no bearing on your application or the nomination decision.

It then asks about settlement funds and migration decision.

What a nightmare for you. You would think that if your agent did this for you they have enough experience to know how to fill in the form. No wonder you will be bending their ear later. I would too! However, perhaps its a standard email from QLD and they do have the trade you are working in but just have not deleted that part of the letter when writing to you.

One good thing though... at least you know someone is looking at your file and you should have an answer very soon. Good luck.

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi all

Just back from a lovely pub lunch, sat out in beer garden in the sun very nice, even had a pint of fosters to toast my agent.

Ack; was received from QLDS 25/3/09.

Hi Tasha as far as I was aware our application was decision ready, front loaded all forms completed. All I can think is that some how info was not sent when we jumped visas! Anyway we try to find out tonight. Will it never end? Do you think that I should drink the bottle of wine in the fridge ring them up and swear at them as nothing else seems to work. What yer reckon?

Hi all

Just back from a lovely pub lunch, sat out in beer garden in the sun very nice, even had a pint of fosters to toast my agent.

Ack; was received from QLDS 25/3/09.

Hi Tasha as far as I was aware our application was decision ready, front loaded all forms completed. All I can think is that some how info was not sent when we jumped visas! Anyway we try to find out tonight. Will it never end? Do you think that I should drink the bottle of wine in the fridge ring them up and swear at them as nothing else seems to work. What yer reckon?

Well good luck speaking to the agent, I would get another bottle in just for good measure:laugh:

Guest Sandisonsonthemove

Hearing all that is going on with requests for extra information I am tempted to send ours by email and hope this will assist when ours comes to being looked at.

Think it is a bit off that your agent has not sent the right paperwork given the fees that you are paying them. I would definitely be bending their ears!!!

Hopefully this week will see some movement for you all and then our turn :)

Donna

Guest Lyndhurst

hi

i dont think you know what they will ask for anyway... we have been asked for info on a period of self employment and i know others that have not been asked for any info on self employment and are in the same boat. i heard another had sent in all info about work but had then been asked for proof of funds!!!

does it look like they are stalling with the grants i ask myself ??????

good luck everyone. this is our 9th week so fingers crossed.

cheryl xx

hi

i dont think you know what they will ask for anyway... we have been asked for info on a period of self employment and i know others that have not been asked for any info on self employment and are in the same boat. i heard another had sent in all info about work but had then been asked for proof of funds!!!

does it look like they are stalling with the grants i ask myself ??????

good luck everyone. this is our 9th week so fingers crossed.

cheryl xx

Your not far off now good luck with it.

Well done to chris_mac who is the first in our QLD SS list to complete the whole process and finally have his visa.

:yes: Congratulations to you and your family.

(Hope you don't mind Chris but I have updated the first page with all your timeline which is great for other people to follow.)

Tasha:wubclub:

Hi all

Rang agent and project officer last night a no documents have sent or recieved!! Agent has now sent them and said that all they now need is proof of current employment. Is'nt this fun?

Hi all

Rang agent and project officer last night a no documents have sent or recieved!! Agent has now sent them and said that all they now need is proof of current employment. Is'nt this fun?

Keep your chin up, it will all come good in the end. :hug:

Archived