Prospective Marriage Visa - applied today

Guest kel0x

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lou_lou

Oh Kel :(

In happy news my boy gets here in 3 days on a tourist visa for a visit :) and then we will apply when he goes back to the UK in September....hope they are moving faster by then!

Guest kel0x

Thats cool :) and yeah hopefully this slow bit will have passed. I emailed again because our case officer is away so I thought maybe i'll be able to get more info from the person who's covered for him but nope, just a really robotic email that basically quoted what it says on their websites, about family migration visas taking 3-4 months. It's so annoying because our usual case officer hinted several times at it not taking very long but it kind of.. is! *snore*

Guest Nadjez

oh kelly that is so fustrating : (, maybe things wil speed up again in july when they have a whole new qota of visas to give out, ooh loulou u missed be so excited : ) .

Guest lou_lou

I guess maybe things are just slow for the end of tax year. I hope thats all it is...hadn't planned on months more apart :(

Very excited too!

Guest sarahjean

ohhh no!

for prospective marriage visas?

gosh! it is already expensive enough, with that, then the spouse one later :(

Guest Nadjez

i know i know, it's a rip off oh well it's something we have to do ,i agree lou i'm just hoping the delays are due to end of financial year, and hopefully things will pick up again in july( i really hope so i can't wait til october to be with shane hahah we are getitng married in december and have more things to organise haha.and also i am beginning to get really fed up of this feeling, we have done it 3 times now been apart from each other for several months at a atime and now i've had enough.

oh well i suppose i just try to stay positive.

sorry sarah jena i know this is your first time away from ur fella.

does anyone know if the forms will change again like they did in march?

Guest sarahjean

Yeah, it is really bad!

Yeah, first time away... and it's terrible. Only been 3 weeks... Got 4 months to go, until I can see him.

Then, I am going to be in the same situation as you all..... waiting for the visa to go through. God knows, his application has to go through the Berlin office - and they say up to 5 months processing?!?!

I am only hoping by that point, I had adjusted to being apart for so long and it will be easier!

Guest kel0x

I'd be a complete mess if I had to wait that long without seeing mine, I'm bad enough if ever we have to be apart for like 3 days haha, im a terrible wimp..

and yeah our case officer said the long waits are because of the end of the financial year. hurry up already! argh

Guest Nadjez

nut did they say it will speed up in july? i just seen that slight changes to form 80 and form 40sp, so i may have to wait til 1st july print off then send ahhrrr

Hi people

Just gave mine in and ask the estimated processing time and was told 3 - 4 months - I won't have any fingernails for the wedding by the time I have got through all this (biting my fingernails). :twitcy: The heat is ...on.

Smiler.

Guest kel0x

Yeaah, we got told 3-4 months but thats the average for Family Migration visas in general they said. Our case officer said ours wouldn't take even nearly that long, I hope he was right! 8 weeks so far..

Welcome to 'The Wait' Smiler! When's your wedding booked for? Ours is October but we have been planning to fly out next month and still hope we will be able to. We were told 2 weeks-ish Monday last week.. hopefully next week will bring some news.

Hi Kel0x

Thanks for welcoming to 'The Wait' gang. We have a provisionally booked registry office wedding for September so it better not be 4 months as we want to go out in August - my fiance is going to come over beforehand so we can have a celebration wedding party with our UK family and friends. I frontloaded everything I could think of but it seems that is not promising anything sharpish so ho hum! I don't reckon you will be part of The Wait for too much longer if you have already been waiting 2 months. Of course if they say 3-4 months then that is a worse case scenario time line so Mystic Meg Smiler reckons yours is just round the corner. Keep me posted.

And hi Nadjez, yeah 'a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do' lol

Chat soon

Guest siamsusie
Hi Kel0x

Thanks for welcoming to 'The Wait' gang. We have a provisionally booked registry office wedding for September so it better not be 4 months as we want to go out in August - my fiance is going to come over beforehand so we can have a celebration wedding party with our UK family and friends. I frontloaded everything I could think of but it seems that is not promising anything sharpish so ho hum! I don't reckon you will be part of The Wait for too much longer if you have already been waiting 2 months. Of course if they say 3-4 months then that is a worse case scenario time line so Mystic Meg Smiler reckons yours is just round the corner. Keep me posted.

And hi Nadjez, yeah 'a gals gotta do what a gals gotta do' lol

Chat soon

Hi Smiler is your man an Australian? my husband is and we got married in Scotland looking forward to hearing your experiences. ss x

Hi Siamsusie

Yes my man is Australian Thai. We were thinking of getting married in the UK but it seemed such a rigmarole to go through that we decided it was better to get married in Oz but have a celebration wedding here.

It's hard being away from eachother but I think it's a good thing - it makes us even more sure how we feel about eachother. It's funny to think, as with yourself, that our Mr Right is/was the other side of the world. At least now that my application is in, I can concentrate on the wedding side of things.

Has your application been approved?

Smiler

Guest siamsusie

Hi Smiler, no not approved yet, waiting.... yes when we married over here, Noel needed approval from home secretary in the UK it was a palava, it took reams of paperwork and around about 3 months approval, it was worth it because it was the first time for Noel in Europe and he loved it... where ru heading Smiler ? ss x ps and yes sooooooooooo hard, miss him so much getting sick of skype lol

Guest sarahjean

I know how you feel girls!

Being apart from them is so hard... I have such a long road ahead... it's only been 3 weeks for me, and I am already going crazy.. I hope it gets easier!

Guest kel0x

still waiting, still going crazy.. it's 2 weeks since the case officer suggested that itd be about 2 weeks so every time an email comes through i get all excited/nervous and then its just junkmail from ebay or something. arghh. anyone had any progress?

Hi all

I gave my application in by hand last Wednesday but haven't had any contact as yet - is this normal or should a C/O have contacted me by now? I was told about the 3-4 month process but just wondered what the average time for a C/O to contact is.

Thanks

Smiler

Guest Nadjez

oh dear things really are sluggish at the moment too, yeah i thought you would have been assigned a c/o by now smiler, thought it was in the first few days/first week. How fustrating!!!

and kel0x im sorry for your no news yet as well, this is horrible.

thinking of you guys

Guest AusSaus

Since it's update time...we are still waiting for the UK police check. Two months and counting! They say it takes 15 days on their paperwork so if any of you haven't already applied for this one I'd get onto it. Or maybe it's taking so long because my boy was a bit naughty when he was 19? Either way, our deadline for the additional info was last week and we've had to email and say we're still waiting on the police check.

Guest kel0x

Hey Smiler - Alex had an email from his case officer about a week after sending the application, saying they'd recieved it and giving a list of additional stuff that they needed (form 80, medicals, police check, all that). After that you don't hear anything until the visa is granted. And trying to get more info out of them in between is like trying to get blood from a stone :-| haha.

We paid extra to have the police check done in 3 days because we were told that the whole process would be really quick and so we didn't want that to hold it up, but its been over 2 months now so there was probably no point in getting the quick option!

2 weeks ago I asked for a rough idea of how much longer it'd be and he said about 2 weeks, and when he first got the application he said 3-10 weeks, and this is week 9 so it could be anytime now judging by both things he said and that's why im sat on the edge of my seat obsessing over the email inbox haha. I used to think it'd come as a letter but my mum and her husband got theirs last week and it was an email.

Hi Kel0x

Thanks for your post. It made me feel a bit better that I am not the only one that had more than a few days wait for an C/O to make contact.

I emailed immigration today (via the general email on the Oz immi website) and got an email from immigration based in Australia saying I will be contacted by my Case Officer who may request further information after 10 working days, at which point I may discuss the processing times for my application....hmmm, I can't tell if this means that I already have a C/O or that one has not yet been assigned to me. If I have already been assigned to one then don't they send an email to introduce themselves?

Kel0x and fellow waiters (not as in the restaurant kind lol) - which is worse >putting together the application or the wait once the application is in?

Miley, did you get a response after you put in your application? I gave mine in the day before you did so would be interesting to know.

I reckon my mistake in having all my papers neatly stored in a large file and unbeknown to me, having each document in a plastic wallet was a big no no so I had to take each paper out of each wallet therefore a queue steadily building behind me - hope I am not being punished now! Yikes! :) No actually the girl was really nice to me and kept on saying it was fine when I was continuously apologising. I suffered a slight case of RSI after the repetive action of unloading the wallets.

Oh Kel0x, let me know how you get on! It will be any day now!! Hopefully it arrives before insanity gets to you. We are all feeling your pain if that is of any help.

Chat soon

Smiler

Archived