Prospective Marriage Visa - applied today

Guest kel0x

Guest MrDan

Hi everyone!

Positive story there KeanoArmy.

I plan on flying to the UK in August to meet up with my partner where we will apply for a prospective marriage visa.

The question I wanted to ask is can anyone recommend a really good migration agent based in the UK? Someone I can communicate with via e-mail for the time being to make sure that through good advice, by the time I get there much of the paperwork has already been done. Would be good if they charged by phone call / e-mail too!

MrDan

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kel0x

Heyy everyone. Quick update. Everything's done now unless we get asked for anything else. Haven't been asked for an AoS yet. I thought we might because I've just left uni, but my fiance has good employment history and a degree so maybe they don't think he needs one. So yeah, this week the doctor should be sending the medical stuff to Australia House (cuz he only had his chest x-ray on tuesday, and they had to send that to the medical doctor), and now we've just gotta wait :). I'm hoping we hear back in the next couple of weeks, judging from what people have said on here. Hope everythings going good for everyone else?

And nope I have no idea about migration agents sorry :)

Guest becandtarso

Migration agents - although I have not used them, you might want to contact 1st Contact, they are here in the UK and in Oz so you would have no probs if you did the application here or there. I have called them for some general advice and they were good and years ago I had my tax done by them they are good. We have had to news yet, but will let you all know when we do

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ginga ninja

Hi everyone,

Boy am I glad to have found this forum & thread:smile:

Might seem like a silly question - but do you have to apply for the Spouse visa after you're married but before the PMV runs out. Or is is acceptable that you leave Oz before the PMV runs out? Fiance & I are getting married but would like (well really need in this GEC) him to work while we're out there (for approx 5-6months) after which we'll be returning to UK.

Any enlightment will be much appreciated & save me an costly phone call to Consulate

Guest Nadjez

depends if u want to live in uk or oz,, but yeah i think u have to apply for the spouse visa after you are married but before the pmv runs out.double check though and good luck.

Guest Nadjez

hey kel0x thats good news so far will be keeping my fingers crossed for you espec bout AOS i have a feeling they may ask shane and i for one,i'm gona hand in application in next few weeks ahhhr, hey kel0X are you on face book? :)

Guest neal25

Hi all.

so glad its not just me. Just spent last hour reading all these from begining. Makes me feel sad for the long delay i could have. I am from sydney and my 17 month old is registered aus by descent. 17 month and been to aus 3 times already. we have apllied for spouse visa and completed all medicals, xrays, police checks, financial evidence and everything. Submitted all final stuff (I hope) on 13th may so just have to sit and wait. Want to fly out tomorrow but wont put house on market until paperwork back. Just hope its a real quick sale.

Good luck to all and would love to know anyone with info on rough timescales from my point of app

Hi all

I checked with Immi about my situation - my fiance and I would like to have a registry office wedding in Oz (just a very small gathering, no big expensive party) and then a couple of weeks later we want to come to the UK to have a Humanist wedding (like a normal wedding ceremony but no legal content as we will already be married so its just so my family and friends can be part of our celebration).

Oz Immi said that after getting married in Oz I would be able to go to the UK for the celebration and come back on the same PMV as long as it is all within the 9 month period. Then I could apply for the Temp Spouse visa.

Hope this is of help to someone

Smiler

Guest sarahjean

"Personal Assets"

What do they expect? I am getting contradicting answers on this.

If I have a job, and have been working over the last two years.. is that OK. Or do they want savings?

After paying off all the flights and visa applications, savings is going to be low.

I own my own car, but it is in my mothers name. I rent a house, do not own that.

I am only 24, so not sure what they expect!

Guest kel0x
"Personal Assets"

What do they expect? I am getting contradicting answers on this.

If I have a job, and have been working over the last two years.. is that OK. Or do they want savings?

After paying off all the flights and visa applications, savings is going to be low.

I own my own car, but it is in my mothers name. I rent a house, do not own that.

I am only 24, so not sure what they expect!

Me and my fiance are 22 and 26 this year, so I'm in a similar situation.. having just left uni I've got zilch :) which worried me as I'm the sponsor. But I sent off a bank statement to show my savings, which to me are massive but yeah, they're not really..

Haven't heard anything yet since I last posted on here. I'm guessing that if they wanted anything more from me they would have sent another email, but gotta wait and see. I'll post an update as soon as something happens but nothing so far. Application deadline was Monday 18th. I'm so impatient but I just want to know when we're going! My mum and her husband were meant to have an answer 2 weeks ago about his spouse-visa application which was slowed down majorly by him getting a B rating on his medical, but still haven't. They sent off his application in October!

I hope everything's going well for everyone on here :)

Guest sarahjean

I just discovered the Form 80. Is it worth waiting for them to ask for it?

It has points, like, when do you expect to arrive in Aus D/M/Y... bit hard when you are waiting for the visa? And then also, type of visa.. and the number of the visa..? I am confused as it is an application for a visa, so do not have one. Do you leave these bits blank?

Guest kel0x

We got asked for one and yeah, didn't know those details for sure either. So we just put the date that we were hoping to arrive assuming it doesn't take much longer for them to process it. And put in the type of visa and the number thingy, 300 isnt it? Can't remember. Still haven't got anything, emailed the case officer to ask if they did recieve everything and for an approximate date for when we'll hear something and he just said yes, and in due course. So that was no help.

Guest lou_lou

"In due course" ??!! I would have flipped out if they said that to me. I haven't even put in the application and I'm impatient! Hope you get some news soon KelOx

Lou :)

Guest lou_lou

Why do you think this went from possibly having an answer in a week to taking nearly 2 months? Have they told you anything was wrong with the application? how about you Nat?

Guest kel0x

Nope, they asked for stuff when they first received it, i.e. the medical, form 80, police check, bank stuff, and all that stuff and we sent it all off straight away. That was ages ago. His chest x-ray which was the last thing to do was on the 5th of April..

Al just emailed me from work, asking me to ask you guys whether he should just reply again asking what 'due course' is supposed to mean. What dya reckon?

Edit: his chest x-ray was on the 5th of May, whoops!

Guest kel0x

Woohoo I got through, he said something along the lines of us hearing back in the next couple of weeks and apparently they're really busy at the moment. Just wish the emails were a bit more informative!

Guest Nadjez

oooh thinking of you kelox, yeah fustrating the lack of communication we;ll at least u herd back and have a rough time of when you will no. : )

that is soo fustrating, i read on another thread that they are really busy at the moment, and the processes are taking the full 12 weeks, omg i am gona hand in my application end of june, i wanted to be over in end of july ish, boo hoo and that wont happen as i wont get my ozzie police check back til end of july also.

Guest kel0x

He said that the busyness was something to do with it being the end of the financial year in Oz, or something. I really really hope we can go at the end of this month/start of next month. Fingers crossed :D

Guest sarahjean

still no updates?

i am about to start putting mine together now, i have been collecting evidence all this time.

where to start? it all seems so much! what do you think the best thing to start with is?

also, does the forms have to be written in handwriting? or can you fill them out in adobe/print them out.. i saw that it gave such option

Guest Nadjez

haha im not sure sarah jean but i will be handwriting, as well as you im starting to put it all togther again oh cheers by the way for that aos pm, urm i suppose start with the forms, send off any police checks etc. then i am stuck i have no idea how to present all evidence and other things and how to pt it all together. lol.shane found his birth certificate today yipppeee.

Archived