TRA Timeline

anlopa

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi mandymark. I just noticed in this thread that you had asked about whether it is possible to apply to 2 states for sponsorship at the same time. It is. So you'd have no problem applying to SA and Qld at the same time.

Thanks melbournegirlinny, I've just been reading the 'multiple state sponsorship' thread today. We're in the middle of online 175 at the minute, so thats our next step.

Mandy x

Guest jumbojim

hi anopa

just wondered how you got on??

i am also a fitter from preston too.......spent ages gettin all the bits an bobs together for application.an think i am finally there.......like you said a hands on test would be so much easier....paperwork not my strong point either!!!

cheers jim

hi anopa

just wondered how you got on??

i am also a fitter from preston too.......spent ages gettin all the bits an bobs together for application.an think i am finally there.......like you said a hands on test would be so much easier....paperwork not my strong point either!!!

cheers jim

Hi,

I got a successful outcome It was exactly 10 working days from acknowledgement. I have now submitted my visa and am in the process of looking in to S/S as the 175 arn't going to be processed till who knows when. where abouts are you in Preston? I work in Blackpool. I live near Kirkham

Please can you guys tell me how you paid for your tra assessment... I went to HSBC today to ask if they could do me a bankers draft, they said only HSBC customers. I have an appointment at 9.30 Thursday to get all the documents certified and I would love to be able to send the application off ASAP. But I don't know where to get a bankers draft on an australian bank. PLEASE HELP!!!

Suzanne

Please can you guys tell me how you paid for your tra assessment... I went to HSBC today to ask if they could do me a bankers draft, they said only HSBC customers. I have an appointment at 9.30 Thursday to get all the documents certified and I would love to be able to send the application off ASAP. But I don't know where to get a bankers draft on an australian bank. PLEASE HELP!!!

Suzanne

Hi,

I used an agent for my TRA but they used my credit card, have also used it to pay for the visa. just phoned the card provider to warn them that a large payment in AUS dollers would be taken from the card. Easy. Now have to pay it off. Bum

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

I went into my local Barclays Bank where I hold an account, and asked for it. I've just looked on my bank statement and it shows as 'International Draft'. Cost me £18.00 on top of the £146.48 ($300AUD).

I thought it would be something I could just go in, they would print or write it and I could take it away with me, but unfortunately not. They completed an order form for me & then processed it on their computer system - I received it through the post the next day though.

Just make sure you tell them its to be made out to 'The Collector of Public Money DEEWR' for $300AUD. I wasnt sure how it would work, but the draft I received from them was drawn from an ANZ bank in Melbourne, even though I used a Barclays Bank in North Yorkshire.

I'd go to wherever you hold a current account.

Mandy

Guest theleeclan
Folks,

My TRA review is successful, got the outcome 2day within 10 wrkg days...

John

Congratulations

Ann x

Guest godmalon

Hi, my tra was being processed on 2/4/09 recieved notice on 12/5/09 that need to do a trades test, got that through last week and have it 28/5/09. I presume I get to do a trades test as Im in oz on a 417. Being tested as boilermaker.

Hi

Which State are you going for? I know myself & Anlopa have gone for Qld. If you're the same, you'll have to add your details to the list on that thread (title something like Qld State Sponsor - update - where you are now?).

Mandy

Suz

I'm sure it will be fine. Did you put an email address on the form for them to contact you? If so, you may find that you get an email from them later in the afternoon. Both the receipt confirmation and the outcome emails came through after 3pm for me - ie. once it goes past midnight in Oz, their system seems to send out messages then.

I'm sure you'll hear from them soon.

Mandy x

Archived