TRA Timeline

anlopa

Guest toria

Thank you Anlopa,

I think it was 10 working days altogether due to the easter hols. Good luck with your assessment, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Toria

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone,

Just thought I would share my great news , It is my birthday today and I got a phone call from my agent at around 3 o'clock at work to congratulate me on passing my tra assessment. My agent sent it on the 8th of april, best present so far!

Toria

Congratulations & Happy Birthday! Bet you didnt get much work done after that did you?

Mandy x

Guest toria

Thanks Mandy,

Well it was a bit frustrating because I couldn't tell anyone I was bursting at the seams but no one knows I applied so I had to be oober cool and just act as though someone phoned wishing me a happy birthday.

Toria

I've just registered to check online and I'm in the same boat as you need to resist logging on. Well its full steam with the paddles. God what are we going to be like with the visa. to which a copy of mine is sat on the fire place waiting for me to make amendments to. They have my mothers date of birth being 04/08/1845 she aint that old guess the 8 is next to the 9 on the keyboard:twitcy:

Oh no, bet your Mother wouldnt be too happy if you told her that! I know, don't know how I'll cope with the longer wait of the visa. I've just been looking at my calendar again and think it will probably be 2 weeks today that I should hear about OH's TRA as there is the May Bank Holiday and Anzac Day also.

Trying to remain optimistic but not too confident as we changed it all at last minute. Saying that though, there were a total of 60 pages sent so keeping our fingers crossed.

Mandy x

Oh no, bet your Mother wouldnt be too happy if you told her that! I know, don't know how I'll cope with the longer wait of the visa. I've just been looking at my calendar again and think it will probably be 2 weeks today that I should hear about OH's TRA as there is the May Bank Holiday and Anzac Day also.

Trying to remain optimistic but not too confident as we changed it all at last minute. Saying that though, there were a total of 60 pages sent so keeping our fingers crossed.

Mandy x

60 Pages oh my god, I dont think mine was half of that???? I'm kind of worried now. Suppose when you think about it their must have been 20 certificates, 4 pages for the apprentiship, 3 pages for current employment and another 10 for references don't know what else they send with it. As long as it gets the job done, I should have used a larger font size.

Not logged on to TRA site today and it is killing me. will have to go on mario kart on the wii to pass some time.

Kate,

I know its easier said than done but I wouldnt worry too much - I think Toria's was sent on 8th also and only heard yesterday. Anlopa and I sent our TRA on the same day but mine arrived 2 days earlier than Anlopa's.

Good Luck, Mandy

60 Pages oh my god, I dont think mine was half of that???? I'm kind of worried now. Suppose when you think about it their must have been 20 certificates, 4 pages for the apprentiship, 3 pages for current employment and another 10 for references don't know what else they send with it. As long as it gets the job done, I should have used a larger font size.

Not logged on to TRA site today and it is killing me. will have to go on mario kart on the wii to pass some time.

Anlopa, OH has worked for same employer (RAF) for nearly 21 years but has worked in lots of different places so there seemed a lot to cover. I'm sure you'll be ok, we did go a bit OTT! The 60 pages included the 10 pages of the application form. Then we had 11 additional pages for Part 8 (breaking my OH's RAF career into each 'posting' and under each we listed duties, tools, machines & equipment). We then had:

1 page of salary details

1 page of ID (copy of birth certificate with photos attached)

2 page employer reference

2 page CV

4 page official Job Description (Trade) document from RAF

1 page Technical Personnel Record (detailing every since course attended)

1 page print out copy of employment history

7 pages of Personnel records print-out

20 pages of Course Certificates and transcripts

I havent logged on either today but now I've read your post I really want to, must resist the urge! Still havent got a clue whether to go for Qld or SA State sponsorship yet, so we really need to decide soon so that we can send the application off if we get positive TRA. We can see pros and cons to both places. Lots of things keep drawing us towards SA but we havent even been there, whereas we've been to Qld 3 times. Shame you can't apply for 2 (sure you can't, can you?)

Mandy x

Guest toria

Hi Kate

Try not to worry because I am not 100% sure when my agent actually sent my documents and when they were acknowledged it was either the 7th or the 8th, then she phoned me at midnight oz time, so I wouldn't have know until today otherwise. Fingers crossed for you!

Toria

Guest toria

Hi Emma

Happy Birthday and congratulations on passing too. I am also a hairdresser with the same birthday and tra pass date, what a good day.

Toria

Guest theleeclan

Congratulations to everyone who has had a sucessful TRA so far, keeping fingers crossed for everyone still waiting.

Ann

Hi Mandymark,

We haven't even been to Aus yet my best friend lives in New zealand she has been their 15 years and raves about it still we was going to go to NZ but my friend will possibly move to aus in a few years hence the reason to go to Aus. As for where we settle I think that will only be answered on the offer of a job. As long as their is a good school, beach, park, and a few shops i'll be happy don't want to live in a big city I would also be prepaired to travel to work. Hopefully if we sell the house in the U.K and pay off everything maybe only Martin will have to work fulltime, I could get something part time to fit around the kids.

We can but dream

Clicked on the TRA website today. Had to could not leave it any longer,,, and you guessed it still waiting Assessment. I didn't expect anything else. But you have to do it. No point having an online checking service if you don't use it.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH

Clicked on the TRA website today. Had to could not leave it any longer,,, and you guessed it still waiting Assessment. I didn't expect anything else. But you have to do it. No point having an online checking service if you don't use it.

AAARRRRGGGGHHHH

Haha, I just had to do it after reading your post.....ours the same!

Mandy

Hi Slayer73

was just wondering if u went through an agent. My husband is an aircraft engineer mechanical/electrical and is at stage 2 of skills assess which will be sending off all relevant docs to TRA through agent. Does this only take 2 weeks? Where abouts in OZ r u heading for? We have been told that only certain states are looking for this occupation and QL

Hi Slayer73

was just wondering if u went through an agent. My husband is an aircraft engineer mechanical/electrical and is at stage 2 of skills assess which will be sending off all relevant docs to TRA through agent. Does this only take 2 weeks? Where abouts in OZ r u heading for? We have been told that only certain states are looking for this occupation and QL is not one of them. Also no one seems to advertise for A/C engineers.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Hi Slayer73

was just wondering if u went through an agent. My husband is an aircraft engineer mechanical/electrical and is at stage 2 of skills assess which will be sending off all relevant docs to TRA through agent. Does this only take 2 weeks? Where abouts in OZ r u heading for? We have been told that only certain states are looking for this occupation and QL

Hi Yas,

yup I went thru an agent..It roughly took bout 3 weeks from the day my agent sent..was ack'd on 7th april and was successful on 21st april..so if you were to count the working days and it would make up exactly 10 working days from ack'd to successful..right now my thoughts are in Victoria and yes it is much in demand over in Victoria..AME is in the CSL so im not really into getting SS unless it is taken out..let the SS quota given to those really in need of it...I believe so..and guess what..? i just lodged the 175 visa application today...so now officialy starts the waiting game...wishing all the best to your OH..CHEERS..!!:wink:

Archived