SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest colcase

Hi Mr Ausie,

We are based in Ireland so we lodged via post, however application received and money taken on the 2nd June also. Our CO is PS. I have not seen to many people with the same CO. He did advise in one of the mails he sent (in answer to one of mine) that he was aiming to have the visa granted by early November. I did write back and ask if they send a mail closer to the date to advise us, however I got the standard 5-6 months reply.

I have now decided to back off a bit as I'm worried if I keep at him he will just put me off as long as he can,

Has any one had their 309/100 processed by PS in less than 5 months????

Hi Mr Ausie,

We are based in Ireland so we lodged via post, however application received and money taken on the 2nd June also. Our CO is PS. I have not seen to many people with the same CO. He did advise in one of the mails he sent (in answer to one of mine) that he was aiming to have the visa granted by early November. I did write back and ask if they send a mail closer to the date to advise us, however I got the standard 5-6 months reply.

I have now decided to back off a bit as I'm worried if I keep at him he will just put me off as long as he can,

Has any one had their 309/100 processed by PS in less than 5 months????

I am in the same boat - I just think it's going to be easy right now as it's holiday season, I think they're receiving a lot more applications lately as more people are seeing shows regarding immigration to Oz and quotas for each month (Im told there is a limit per month) means it's likely to take longer but pushing them for more questions before 4 months isn't going to help anything in my opinion.

I send my app mid June and all going well, it'd be mid October (going by who seems to be recieving theres at the minute) but who knows how much longer it can be (I also got the 5-6 month period).

I think after the 4 months, if you've heard nothing, it's fair to ask your CO if there have any information regarding your application (the friendlier the better)..

I am in the same boat - I just think it's going to be easy right now as it's holiday season, I think they're receiving a lot more applications lately as more people are seeing shows regarding immigration to Oz and quotas for each month (Im told there is a limit per month) means it's likely to take longer but pushing them for more questions before 4 months isn't going to help anything in my opinion.

I send my app mid June and all going well, it'd be mid October (going by who seems to be recieving theres at the minute) but who knows how much longer it can be (I also got the 5-6 month period).

I think after the 4 months, if you've heard nothing, it's fair to ask your CO if there have any information regarding your application (the friendlier the better)..

Hiya,

My CO (AH) granted my visa in just over 4 months and I contacted him frequently the last month as loads of people on PIO were getting their's granted around the 4 month mark. He told me all along it would be 5-6 months processing time but that's not accurate considering most people on PIO who applied in March have had their's granted by now.

Good luck to you all who are waiting......................

Guest colcase

Thanks Amanda74 Fingers crossed anyway - Around about the half way mark now (if it is 4 months).......It is like when you are a kid and waiting for Xmas.....

Thanks Amanda74 Fingers crossed anyway - Around about the half way mark now (if it is 4 months).......It is like when you are a kid and waiting for Xmas.....

Yes Thanks for that Amanda.. Well seems we'll both be looking out for each others posts in the near future Colcase

sometimes I open up the email account and for a brief moment just hope the emails already here - but then I think I'll win the lottery every weekend too!!

Guest colcase

I will look out for your posts Farmdog79.

I think when we get the visa grant mail I will be as excited as if i had one the lotto!

In the meantime.. Goodluck!

Guest Tassy

Hey guys. My OH received an email from our CO (SV) yesterday saying visa due to be granted around 24 November. She called her today to see if there was any chance of having it approved earlier and SV told her to come out to OZ on an ETA and pop over to NZ for approval. SV was lovely and helpful and told us she would keep us informed and process the visa asap. We are so excited! Planning for her to fly out in a few weeks:laugh:

Visa sent 23/4/11, money taken and CO assigned 24/4/11 (SV), additional info requested 28/4/11 and submitted 5/5/11, meds completed 17/6/11, e-mail received 4/8/11 visa due to be approved 24/11/2011.

Guest Mr Ausie
Hi Mr Ausie

We had WP as our CO, and got our Visa last Tues. She quoted us the 5/6 months - but it was actually 4 months. Was very helpful on the phone and returned emails on the same day.

Good luck.

Thanks for your message, its put our mind at rest a bit. Good luck, glad you got your visa!

Guest Chesterbelle

My CO (WP) has now received my medicals and police checks plus additional information she requested on29th June. She emailed me yesterday to say no further information required at this stage and hope to process sooner but stuck to the standard 5-6 months from lodgement date.

Is this a good sign?:confused::confused:

Does it mean she has enough info to approve generally? I am going to be a nightmare for the next 4 months!

My CO (WP) has now received my medicals and police checks plus additional information she requested on29th June. She emailed me yesterday to say no further information required at this stage and hope to process sooner but stuck to the standard 5-6 months from lodgement date.

Is this a good sign?:confused::confused:

Does it mean she has enough info to approve generally? I am going to be a nightmare for the next 4 months!

Generally the CO will ask early on if they need more information so I'd say you're probably all done now. It's all busy at the start with preparing the application and getting your CO but then it tends to go pretty quiet for a few months. Not sure it's any help but I found I stressed about it for a few weeks then it didn't seem to worry me anymore, realised I can't do anything to make it go faster anyway! But it's definitely a nice boost to check this forum and read about people getting their visas. Gives us all hope :)

Booked our flights today through Austravel. 3rd time I've used them and very happy again.

All seems very final now...we'll be leaving at the start of November. We're taking nothing but suitcases and sending one medium box surface mail (just my little boy's christening gifts etc). I shipped everything in this direction so its time to be ruthless and say goodbye to it all. Now we have to sell our hoards of belongings!! :wacko:

Booked our flights today through Austravel. 3rd time I've used them and very happy again.

All seems very final now...we'll be leaving at the start of November. We're taking nothing but suitcases and sending one medium box surface mail (just my little boy's christening gifts etc). I shipped everything in this direction so its time to be ruthless and say goodbye to it all. Now we have to sell our hoards of belongings!! :wacko:

It's so exciting booking flights. I was buzzing all day after I booked ours as it suddenly seemed real! (we're booked for November too). If you don't fancy having to try and sell all your stuff you might want to consider making a few generous donations to friends and family. My OH's parents are already excited about the "new" TV and computer they will be getting!

It's so exciting booking flights. I was buzzing all day after I booked ours as it suddenly seemed real! (we're booked for November too). If you don't fancy having to try and sell all your stuff you might want to consider making a few generous donations to friends and family. My OH's parents are already excited about the "new" TV and computer they will be getting!

ha ha, very true. family are great for offloading! I've already sold half my stuff. I work in quite a large workplace so just sent out a list by email. if we don't sell the bed etc, it will meet its end at the local tip!! :yes:

it is very exciting getting booked up...when i read out my debit card number on the phone my hands were shaking!! i think its because we've spent so much time saying 'we'll get sorted when the visa comes through'...then BOOM it arrived!! :laugh:

Wow!!!! good luck to ya both! both Sam and I can't wait to move over we've booked our flights already through Netflights and the wait is killing me :o( it's due soon and I'm trying to be patient for my Mrs :-)

We planned not to take our gear over but have recently decided that it was MUCH cheaper to take our own stuff over after Sam researched the Aussie shops she knows and found out that it was gonna cost us double to start up!!

I mean it when I say both Sam and I wish you all the best on your new journey x :biggrin:

I mean it when I say both Sam and I wish you all the best on your new journey x :biggrin:

Thanks very much, all the best to you too!

I agree its probably cheaper to get kitted out here, but my stuff isnt worth taking now. We want a completely fresh start and we'll be living with family for a little while, so we'll gather new stuff up slowly.

I guess when your earning and spending dollars you don't notice the cost as much. It also really depends on where you shop. For example, I got all of my whitegoods and electricals at the Good Guys, where they give you a discount for paying cash and you can actually negotiate the cost. I'd never pay retail! :laugh:

Getting back on topic, has anyone bothered to send OH's passport to Australia house for a visa sticker or just printing out the email visa??

Getting back on topic, has anyone bothered to send OH's passport to Australia house for a visa sticker or just printing out the email visa??

We've read on here that someone got two of those Royal Mail Special Delivery silver bags put a pre posted return one inside the one to AH with a copy of the visa grant letter and it was returned within 2 days all stamped up and ready to go!

When I (fingers crossed) finally get mine I'm going to do it as we've also read that without it it can cause problems with medicare, employers etc as there's no physical proof in your passport.

The email is quite formal. It tells you your grant number etc so shouldn't cause problems as long as you keep a copy of it with your passport.

When we booked our flights the travel agent said we didnt need any physical proof as its electronically attached to OH's passport. However, I'll be taking 3 or 4 copies of the visa email with me anyway (just cause I'm slightly paranoid!). :laugh:

Guest Queryguy

Hi All, got my visa confirmed whilst I was on holiday! Many thanks for everyone who provided their stats, heres mine -

Visa 309/100 posted 29/03/11; Money taken: 30/03/11; Medical: 05/04/11; CO assigned: 30/03/11; 309 Approved: 01/08/11.

Hi All, got my visa confirmed whilst I was on holiday! Many thanks for everyone who provided their stats, heres mine -

Visa 309/100 posted 29/03/11; Money taken: 30/03/11; Medical: 05/04/11; CO assigned: 30/03/11; 309 Approved: 01/08/11.

Congratulations!! who was your CO?

We've read on here that someone got two of those Royal Mail Special Delivery silver bags put a pre posted return one inside the one to AH with a copy of the visa grant letter and it was returned within 2 days all stamped up and ready to go!

When I (fingers crossed) finally get mine I'm going to do it as we've also read that without it it can cause problems with medicare, employers etc as there's no physical proof in your passport.

You will have issues with certain things if you do not have the stamp in either of your passports. You can get it done when you get here, you just need to pop into the Immigration office in the city and they will do this for you. Bascially some of the departments are not linked so they can't check that you have a visa, without the stamp they have nothing to go on so you won't be able to get whattou require without it.

Guest Carly87

Ok so i sent my visa off 2/8 - It has been recieved 3/8 morning.. Had my medical checks done yesterday everything was fine there! Just wondering... do AH usually confirm reciept of visa application? Like an email or call etc? Or do i wait until im given a CO?

Arrgghhh waiting games!! Thanks :) x