SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

The visa that has been granted to you requires that you first enter Australia by 18 March 2012. This is called your initial entry date and is linked to the expiry date of your health and character checks.

Just for your info!!!

Super happy, nothing can annoy me today

Guest bertieb
just logged onto my hotmail account and i had an email from DP.

visa granted! YAAAAAY!

the dates that i think matter to you guys the most....

DP assigned as my case officer on 3rd March, visa granted 22nd June. thats less than 5 months! i hope you all receive your visa as quickly as myself.

woohoo! i cant believe it that's so fast! big congratulations to you!

Hey everyone,

Can I get some advice please!!!!!

I applied almost four months ago! I was allocated a case officer on 3rd March (I think). I am using a migration agent. The only thing I know about my case is that on 3rd March, my case officer requested a further police check because the one I gave originally would have been 12 months old in April and they needed a more recent one. I got it and gave it to my case officer. That's more than three months ago now.

I emailed my migration agent twice since then and he responded saying that he has no update from the case officer and to wait the standard 5 - 6 months. I was ok with this really but time is passing and most of you guys on here are getting updates so it's a bit frustrating for me not knowing anything!!

A few hrs ago, I emailed the migration agent to see if he can get me some update (he is in Australia)....this is an edited version of his reply.....

"Sorry, The Department of Immigration doesn't give updates or indications of how the case is progressing. If I haven't heard from your case officer by around the five and a half month mark, I will email him - sometimes this helps, sometimes not.

I appreciate that this makes things difficult for you, and how frustrating this must be, but unfortunately this is the way the system works."

That's an edited version of the email. I'm a pretty patient person but I think it's unfair that other people seem to be able to get an update from their case officer and our migration agent is saying it's impossible. We paid a huge fee and we feel kind of scared of him really! He won't even say who my case officer is. I'm beginning to wonder if he even sent in our application when he said he did.

Also, he is referring to my case officer as "he" and in any previous emails, it was "she." I'm probably just being pedantic now. What do you guys think? Should I just leave it or should I ask for more???? I don't know whether or not to go down the road of asking for receipts etc.

Sorry, I know this is a bit long winded but I'm confused. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Laura :wubclub:

Guest sinead
just logged onto my hotmail account and i had an email from DP.

visa granted! YAAAAAY!

the dates that i think matter to you guys the most....

DP assigned as my case officer on 3rd March, visa granted 22nd June. thats less than 5 months! i hope you all receive your visa as quickly as myself.

OMG!! THATS BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYA!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: thats the quickest yet!! CONGRATS!!!

We got our visa!!!! Woo!!!

Received at AH 20/2

Visa granted 22/2

So happy!! It's such a relief, we can finally relax

Good luck to all that are still waiting

YAY FOR YOU ASWELL!!!! i think they are defo preocessing mass amounts of VISAS at the moment!!!! cant wait to get my email!!! CONGRATS!!!:hug:

Hey everyone,

I applied almost four months ago! I was allocated a case officer on 3rd March (I think). I am using a migration agent. The only thing I know about my case is that on 3rd March, my case officer requested a further police check because the one I gave originally would have been 12 months old in April and they needed a more recent one. I got it and gave it to my case officer. That's more than three months ago now.

I emailed my migration agent twice since then and he responded saying that he has no update from the case officer and to wait the standard 5 - 6 months. I was ok with this really but time is passing and most of you guys on here are getting updates so it's a bit frustrating for me not knowing anything!!

A few hrs ago, I emailed the migration agent to see if he can get me some update (he is in Australia)....this is an edited version of his reply.....

"Sorry, The Department of Immigration doesn't give updates or indications of how the case is progressing. If I haven't heard from your case officer by around the five and a half month mark, I will email him - sometimes this helps, sometimes not.

I appreciate that this makes things difficult for you, and how frustrating this must be, but unfortunately this is the way the system works."

That's an edited version of the email. I'm a pretty patient person but I think it's unfair that other people seem to be able to get an update from their case officer and our migration agent is saying it's impossible. We paid a huge fee and we feel kind of scared of him really! He won't even say who my case officer is. I'm beginning to wonder if he even sent in our application when he said he did.

Also, he is referring to my case officer as "he" and in any previous emails, it was "she." I'm probably just being pedantic now. What do you guys think? Should I just leave it or should I ask for more???? I don't know whether or not to go down the road of asking for receipts etc.

Sorry, I know this is a bit long winded but I'm confused. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Laura :wubclub:

Hi Laura,

Our c/o didnt give anything away in regards to timeframes, all we were ever told was we would need to wait the standard 5/6mths... Even when we emailed him 2 weeks ago this was still his reply. I think some c/o's are just a little bit more specific with their emails unfortunately. Mayb you got the same c/o as us!

If you haven't heard anything by the 5mth mark I would definatly be pushing for more of a date...

Good luck!

Hi Laura,

Our c/o didnt give anything away in regards to timeframes, all we were ever told was we would need to wait the standard 5/6mths... Even when we emailed him 2 weeks ago this was still his reply. I think some c/o's are just a little bit more specific with their emails unfortunately. Mayb you got the same c/o as us!

If you haven't heard anything by the 5mth mark I would definatly be pushing for more of a date...

Good luck!

Thanks Bek! I guess it's just hard seeing others on here who can email their case officer! I just feel completely in the dark. I have asked the migration agent to send me a copy of any correspondence he received from my case officer. Thanks for the advice, I'm much calmer now ha! Best of luck x

My CO is AH too, seems very professional (and to the point). Told me the same thing on the 15/5! :cute:

Hiya,

Do you think it's time we hounded AH? How can one CO give dates and the other be so vague? I've moved back to Scotland to stay with my parents until the visa comes through, OH arrived in Melbourne yesterday, I'm so jealous!!!

Morning all!! Well i was a bit cheeky and emailed my CO again... (DP) to see if he could give us a date for VISA grant as we want to go straight away and need to hand in 6 weeks notice to jobs. He said that it would DEFINITLEY be granted in July!! Im around the same dates as tillyloola and MrsPotatoeHead so its looking good girls!! more round the 4 and half month mark!! So ive changed me flights from going 24th September to now going the 13th August!! 51 days away!! WOOP WOOP!!!

Oh Sinead, thats fantastic!!!! I cant believe you go in 51 days! We are still looking at start of November. I'm getting a little excited now...seems to be lots of activity up at good old Australia House...must be the sunshine! :wink:

Hiya,

Do you think it's time we hounded AH? How can one CO give dates and the other be so vague? I've moved back to Scotland to stay with my parents until the visa comes through, OH arrived in Melbourne yesterday, I'm so jealous!!!

I emailed AH last week. I know he must be up to his eyeballs with work, but I saw everyone else was getting updates and couldnt help myself! He was really nice. He said we were being processed on a 100 visa and that it would be completed on or around 5 months!! OVER THE MOON! :biggrin:

Thanks Bek! I guess it's just hard seeing others on here who can email their case officer! I just feel completely in the dark. I have asked the migration agent to send me a copy of any correspondence he received from my case officer. Thanks for the advice, I'm much calmer now ha! Best of luck x

Hi Laura

We are using an agent too and we told him to copy us in on all correspondence and so far we've seen all the replies from our CO. At the end of the day u have paid for this and its your visa so ur entitled to see it.

Good luck!

Hey everyone,

He wont be allowed to hold your ref number from you. Get a hold of it and call Australia House direct for an update if you've got a gut feeling that something isnt quite right.

Good luck. :hug:

Thanks for the advice guys. Well the migration agent responded with a copy of the initial letter from my case officer. Everything seems above board so it seems that this whole process has turned me in to a paranoid wreck haha:biggrin:

There isn't much in the letter (dated early March) only the norm - ref number, case officer's name, indication of the standard 5-6 month wait and the request for the second police check because the one I gave in was due to go out of date in April.

I feel heaps better now from seeing the letter. There isn't a whole lot in it but the conclusion I drew from it was that the CO was happy with the evidence I provided and just required the police check. If only the migration agent had sent that to me a few months back!

I'm not going to bother contacting the CO now myself or hassling the migration agent to get me a date.... I don't feel so in the dark any more so I'm pretty happy!

By the way, do anybody else have LG as a case officer?????

Guest Lee Bee

Oh yes we have finally done it , spouse visa sent 20.06.11 recd and money taken 21.06.11. Just waiting for a co. Excited . :tongue:

Am I the only one on here with AB as a CO? Anyone else had any experience of him and can give examples of time frames. We've now both resigned, house sold, I'm applying for jobs out there but hubby's waiting until that visa comes through which would be 28th ish of August at the 5 months waiting mark. Can't remember exactly when the form was submitted but we got our CO 28th March.

Am I the only one on here with AB as a CO? Anyone else had any experience of him and can give examples of time frames. We've now both resigned, house sold, I'm applying for jobs out there but hubby's waiting until that visa comes through which would be 28th ish of August at the 5 months waiting mark. Can't remember exactly when the form was submitted but we got our CO 28th March.

Hi,

We had him, he was very straight down the line and didn't give anything away... All we ever got told was 5-6mths wait

But we got our visa in 4months and 4days approx so it may come quicker than you think!

Good luck!

is this your partner visa application away?! Yey! Exhausted from all the paper gathering?

Yeah, our Partner Visa. 147 pages all up. The frustrating bit for the last week or so has been nagging friends and relatives for form 888 which I asked them to fill in at the start of May and getting the proof or their IDs too. But it's done now.

A few of u have mentioned about checking the status of ur application on line even though u have an agent, where do I look to do this? I have the ref number from my lodgement letter and looked on www.immi.gov.com.au but can't find it?!! any ideas?

Cheers

Cat

As far as I know Partner Visas are the only Visas that can not be submitted or checked up on line.

Hi,

We had him, he was very straight down the line and didn't give anything away... All we ever got told was 5-6mths wait

But we got our visa in 4months and 4days approx so it may come quicker than you think!

Good luck!

Thanks Bek7!

He's been giving us the standard line the whole way through and won't move on the 5-6 month angle so fantastic to hear he doesn't stick to it. We had bargained on 4.5 months and have been naughty and booked flights.:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Guest Dracona

Sent Application: 14th June, 2011

Receipt of Application confirmed: 15th June 2011

Contacted by email to ask for some information: 16th June

Meds Requested: 17th June

Money: was a postal cheque as we only had debit card but got a receipt

oh and I THINK we have a case worker person WP..? They haven't confirmed if they are or not but he's the one who asked for the medical.

was frontloaded with police check, and hubby's organising the medical asap.

Hi Dracona,

We have WP. Who turns out to be a 'she' . Like most of the CO's - she is very straight down the line, won't commit herself to any definite time frames other than the '5 - 6 months, earlier if possible' line.

Good luck.

Tracy