SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Just a quick update that might be helpful to those who are waiting and checking their emails everyday for "the email" saying your visa is granted!!

I wrote to my CO (MW) a few weeks ago to ask if there is any chance that it might be possible for our visa to be granted at 4months. She replied that's unlikely and will most probably be the standard 5-6 months.

She just wrote another email....

Just a quick update, this week our office received an update on processing times and the department have confirmed the processing time to be 5-6 months from the receipt date of applications. Therefore I will not be able to grant the visa as early as I hoped.

The earliest date for grant would be 17/06/2011, which is 5 months from the date your application has been received.

Should there be a new update, direction or more places created in the Australian migration program, I will let you know.

If your partner wishes to travel to Australia earlier, she may do so on a tourist visa. However, a tourist visa does not allow the holder to work in Australia.

Another requirement for the grant of permanent partner migration visa is that applicants are offshore (outside of Australia) at the time of grant. Your partner would therefore have to depart Australia for the immediate purpose of the grant. This could be a short trip to New Zealand or Bali, but we recommend clients to stay offshore for at least 3 days, so there is enough of time for us to grant the visa should there be a weekend and also to allow the system to update.

We have lived apart for over a year, so we are definitely considering the tourist visa option so that we can be together and not have to wait the extra month or 2!

I am so jealous of everyone who has had their visa accepted at 4 months!!

Thanks Chimpy Chops, you just answered the question I was going to ask!

We've since submitted the extra information that was requested for the last two years (with a view to issuing a permanent rather than temp visa), medicals done and just waiting for police certificate.

We lodged everything in person on 26th of April, and we're going to Australia for my sisters wedding on 9th of September. We were hoping to get confirmation of the visa by then so wouldnt need an extra trip just to validate it. I'm hopeful that it will either be granted just before we go or whilst we are there (with wife on a tourist visa) in which case I was going to ask if a trip to NZ and back would be ok to do - sounds like it should be ok so here's hoping all the timing works out!!

Hey,just new to this....

I am Scottish. My partner is Austarian. We submitted our paperwork through an immigration agent on the 18/9/2010. He marked our case as decision ready. I was told around a 6 month wait. We still have not been allocated a case officer. I am on a student visa at the minutwe and it is driving me insane..... Do immigration look into my working stats when my application is being processed??? We have applied for de facto visa????

I am having to spend $1400 per term for college fees on top of all visa costs...Getting beyond a joke...

Any ideas????

Thanks guys

Kev

Guest sinead
Hey,just new to this....

I am Scottish. My partner is Austarian. We submitted our paperwork through an immigration agent on the 18/9/2010. He marked our case as decision ready. I was told around a 6 month wait. We still have not been allocated a case officer. I am on a student visa at the minutwe and it is driving me insane..... Do immigration look into my working stats when my application is being processed??? We have applied for de facto visa????

I am having to spend $1400 per term for college fees on top of all visa costs...Getting beyond a joke...

Any ideas????

Thanks guys

Kev

OMG!! ring Australian high Commision or your agent or whoever.. Your application should be WELL processed by now!! thats 8 months ago now!!! Not normal at all...

Guest sinead

MORNING ALL!!

Just got an email from my C/O saying that everything is in order now for me Hubbys PERMANENT RESIDENCY VISA subclass 100 and it WILL be issued mid july!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!! DELIGHTED!!!!!!!!!!

Guest smish

47SP PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE VISA

Lodged 22 Feb 11

CO assigned 24 Feb 11

Phone Interview 30 March 11

Still waiting... :( Was told 5 Months waiting and I wont hear from him until then, I am tempted to email him as we are trying to plan our Wedding which is in August, but don't want to annoy him..

Hmmmm

Guest Eragwyn
Thanks Chimpy Chops, you just answered the question I was going to ask!

We've since submitted the extra information that was requested for the last two years (with a view to issuing a permanent rather than temp visa), medicals done and just waiting for police certificate.

We lodged everything in person on 26th of April, and we're going to Australia for my sisters wedding on 9th of September. We were hoping to get confirmation of the visa by then so wouldnt need an extra trip just to validate it. I'm hopeful that it will either be granted just before we go or whilst we are there (with wife on a tourist visa) in which case I was going to ask if a trip to NZ and back would be ok to do - sounds like it should be ok so here's hoping all the timing works out!!

Hey there - I think you will be right, we submitted my partners visa on the 4th April, and have been given a tentative visa processing approval of "Early August". Good luck!

Guest Eragwyn
MORNING ALL!!

Just got an email from my C/O saying that everything is in order now for me Hubbys PERMANENT RESIDENCY VISA subclass 100 and it WILL be issued mid july!!!!!!! WOOP WOOP!!!! DELIGHTED!!!!!!!!!!

Thats excellent - congratulations!

Hi Eragwyn, Sinead and others who have had dates given by CO's.

After contacting my CO he said "....due to be finalised between 24 Aug - 24 Sept" (Applied 24 March). I asked him to clarify whether this meant the Visa had been granted and we were just waiting for the issuing/finalising date. His reply was"......can not confirm in writting..... until application has been finalised". I now take this to mean that it is not confirmed I will get my Visa during this date and that they could still turn us down ????

What do others think, and what kind of wording have others had from their CO's? Do they use the term 'approved'? and do they make it really clear that the Visa has definitely been granted? Is it just my CO (WP) that is non commital or is this standard?

Many thanks

Tracy C

Guest Sammac

Hi There

I'm currently awaiting a response on my visa application which I was told via email from my case officer would be "granted around the 10th of May". (Application submitted 9th December, Application Received & Funds Taken 10th December, Case Officer Email 15th December).

Having heard nothing by 12th May, I mailed my case officer asking for an update but had a rather vague response suggesting she had been off and therefore it would take some time to catch up on work and have had no response to a follow up mail asking for an indication of when it might now be granted.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Thanks

Guest sinead
wow Sinead, 4 months! hope ours comes as quick!

It seems as if its gonna be nag on 4 months if not just a week or two more!! DELIGHTED!!! It does seem the minimum is 4 months and max being 5...

Good luck!!

47SP PROSPECTIVE MARRIAGE VISA

Lodged 22 Feb 11

CO assigned 24 Feb 11

Phone Interview 30 March 11

Still waiting... :( Was told 5 Months waiting and I wont hear from him until then, I am tempted to email him as we are trying to plan our Wedding which is in August, but don't want to annoy him..

Hmmmm

Hi,

Have you emailed at all? I would just email and ask.. No harm.. Ive had a lovley C/O.. Very helpful, efficient.. ALWAYS emails back.. I think as long as your not constantly annoyinging them (some people email/call weekly basis) then a quick email asking where you stand wont harm// Good luck with it!! Yours should be granted before mine anyways as you allied about a week before me...

Thats excellent - congratulations!

Thanks Eragwyn!!!

That's fantastic Sinead! Oooh, just over 4 months, that's brilliant!! Best of luck with your move!

Thanks jennlx:wink:

Hi Eragwyn, Sinead and others who have had dates given by CO's.

After contacting my CO he said "....due to be finalised between 24 Aug - 24 Sept" (Applied 24 March). I asked him to clarify whether this meant the Visa had been granted and we were just waiting for the issuing/finalising date. His reply was"......can not confirm in writting..... until application has been finalised". I now take this to mean that it is not confirmed I will get my Visa during this date and that they could still turn us down ????

What do others think, and what kind of wording have others had from their CO's? Do they use the term 'approved'? and do they make it really clear that the Visa has definitely been granted? Is it just my CO (WP) that is non commital or is this standard?

Many thanks

Tracy C

Hi Tracy,

From what i have made out over the last few months of reading on this forum.. The C/O NEVER gives a guarantee or exact date.. "a finalised date" seems to be pretty normal wording from most peoples C/O. I would defo NOT start pannicking that they could still say no to you.. I would take that as you defo ARE getting your VISA between the mentioned dates, its just your C/O has to follow protocol and not give exacts... There is only a certin amount of VISA's allowed to be granted of a period of time, hence the weird waitng times after everything is in order... I think im just lucky that my C/O isnt a robot! LOL!! Mine is DP and he really is lovley.. I just got lucky...

Hope it all works out for you... (and it WILL)

chat soon.. x

Hi There

I'm currently awaiting a response on my visa application which I was told via email from my case officer would be "granted around the 10th of May". (Application submitted 9th December, Application Received & Funds Taken 10th December, Case Officer Email 15th December).

Having heard nothing by 12th May, I mailed my case officer asking for an update but had a rather vague response suggesting she had been off and therefore it would take some time to catch up on work and have had no response to a follow up mail asking for an indication of when it might now be granted.

Thanks

Ive heard of other peoples CO going on holidays and somebody taking over there files.. I would actually ring Australia House.. Enquire how long she is off for (or if she has left alll together) Its very vague as to what the situation is... Id askfor an aproximate date.. Its only fare as you already have emails with approximate dates.. You are best to keep on it and not just wait around, as im sure they are up to there eyes and constantly busy in there.. It'd be easy for somebody elses work to fall between the cracks.. good luck with it all!!

Guest KittyJ
Hi There

Thanks

Whose your C/O??? Just put the initials :)

Guest powerpuffgurls
Hi There

Thanks

Hi Sammac,

I've had a similar experience. We applied in December and were originally told the visa would be granted around 5th May. We were then told it would be around 15th May (3 days ago!). We are still anxiously waiting for it to come through.

Our CO is SV. Were thinking of emailing her to ask for an update but were worried that if we bother her she may change the date again.

Has anyone else been advised a date and it wasn't granted on time? If so, how long after the date did it get granted?

Guest LoznWill
Hi Sammac,

I've had a similar experience. We applied in December and were originally told the visa would be granted around 5th May. We were then told it would be around 15th May (3 days ago!). We are still anxiously waiting for it to come through.

Our CO is SV. Were thinking of emailing her to ask for an update but were worried that if we bother her she may change the date again.

Has anyone else been advised a date and it wasn't granted on time? If so, how long after the date did it get granted?

Hi Powerpuff,

My case officer is also SV, and through reading other posts I discovered SV was on leave from 19th April - 8th May so there may be some delay in the processing. Someone else had their visa due in that time, and when they called, it was given to another CO who said that it had been granted as planned just not communicated for whatever reason.

I'd email just to politely ask for an update. I'm sure, like all of us, returning from a 4 week break means there is heaps to catch up! I know when I returned from my holidays in early May, getting back into work took a good week and felt like walking through sludge. Maybe CO's feel the same? :jiggy:

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on!!

Loz xx

Guest powerpuffgurls

Hi LoznWill,

Thanks so much for your reply. I had read about someone else's CO being on holiday and had a feeling it could have been ours. I will contact her today ... fingers crossed it has been granted already! Best of luck to everyone!

Guest jacqui70

Just to let folk know

Lodged spouse visa application on 15th April, money taken out 18th April, extra info asked for(so oh could get permanent visa), medicals & police check as well. All sent back 6th May. Email recevied 18thMay to say the visa should be granted early September....

Another step closer home:smile:

MORNING ALL!!

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! The waiting is nearly over. :biggrin:

MORNING ALL!!

So happy for you Sinead....although I almost wish I hadnt read this now...I am going to become a paranoid email checker now! lol. x:laugh:

Guest jacqui70

Our co is MT....has been very efficient with dealing with enquires etc....fingers crossed it happens sooner than latter. my hope is not to start kids in school here in august but just move them straight into school in melbourne . Good Luck to you all

Hi all,

Don't think I need to worry any more.! My OH spoke to my CO, and although she was very careful not to say 'your Visa will arrive at the end of Aug' - she strongly alluded to it being in her 'passed' pile and waiting a date to be finalised - then gave the 5-6 month line.

I'm therefore taking the plunge and putting the house on the market and handing in my notice Monday (if I don't do it then I can't leave until Xmas!)

If my Visa doesn't arrive in August I'll be jobless and possibly homeless - fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone else who's waiting and maybe some of us will meet up in Oz

Tracy

Guest Queryguy

hi all, have been keeping an eye on everyones posts as im too stuck in the void of waiting for that confirmation of approval. I'd like to contact my CO (WP) and ask for an update, but I feel it hasnt been long enough yet to justify contact. My stats are -

Visa 309/100 posted 29/03/11; Money taken: 30/03/11; Medical: 05/04/11; CO assigned and recognised medical due to take place on same day: 05/04/11.

Guest Tillyloola

I'm two and a half months in today and its becoming excruciating. I've had to come home from Oz to tie up all the loose ends and I'm not sure if its going to be worth going back before the visa is granted, if people with the same timeline are being told July. Thats at least another month and a half away though and I'm going to be ready to leave the UK within three weeks. :sad:

This may be a silly question but - do people count by the week? (As in five months is 20 weeks?) Silly question I know!! :wubclub: