SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi All,

Have not posted much on here for a while but I have finally got my spouse visa. I was initially granted the visa back in November after having a longer processing time due to having duel nationality but I needed to get an extention as I fell pregnant!

So now after having the health check extended by 6 months and re doing the police check me\hubby\bump (who will be 6 months) will be flying off to start the aussie chapter of our lives!

Thanks to everyone who helped with the forms and moral support while the process was taking ages.

Guest Tillyloola

Congratulations to all of you that have been granted your visas.

It does give me some hope that some of you have been getting them round the four month mark. Mine has been in a month today and I would be fantastic if it was granted sooner rather than later.

I have been lucky enough to be able to come out on a tourist visa so I can be with my husband while we wait (although I am going home in June) but it just seems such a waste of time sitting here doing nothing, when we could be getting on with the rest of our lives. Judging by the housing market here, we really need both of us working if we are to have any chance of buying with in the next year and me sitting here doing nothing is really not going to be helping us, I may have to go home a little sooner than I thought just so I can work and help bring some money in. The truly gutting thing is that there is a job waiting for me when I get my visa grant that couldn't be more perfect for us but its on hold until the bloody visa comes through.

This whole thing is so frustrating. When my husband applied for his UK visa it took exactly three hours for his grant...three hours.

Guest DaneD
So cranky... After waiting 3 weeks for Aussie police check to arrive back in the Uk and the silly f&$@ have spelt my fiancee's name wrong... Now we have to get another one done... What a waste of time. Feel like crying

do you know anyone in oz who can send it for you? i emailed the completed form to my girlfriend and she sent it for me. that takes like a week off the waiting time.

do you know anyone in oz who can send it for you? i emailed the completed form to my girlfriend and she sent it for me. that takes like a week off the waiting time.

Yea I'm in oz and my fiancée is in the Uk that'd what makes it so frustrating being so far apart from each other! We did it that way the first time but I'm hoping when my fiancée calls the aus police dept on Monday they will take responsibility for the error and send another one to the Uk express.. Here's hoping anyway!

Just so dam frustrating :cry:

Guest DaneD
Yea I'm in oz and my fiancée is in the Uk that'd what makes it so frustrating being so far apart from each other! We did it that way the first time but I'm hoping when my fiancée calls the aus police dept on Monday they will take responsibility for the error and send another one to the Uk express.. Here's hoping anyway!

Just so dam frustrating :cry:

Just remember that's there's no rushing these immigration case officers! So waiting another couple of weeks for a police certificate won't get the visa any sooner. That's what I told myself anyways...

Just remember that's there's no rushing these immigration case officers! So waiting another couple of weeks for a police certificate won't get the visa any sooner. That's what I told myself anyways...

yea i hope so, just so stupid, his name was on 3 peices of info how the hell does a person screw that up! Well cant do anything till Monday now just sit and wait :arghh:

Guest Toffa
Yep, it appears that we submitted and were assigned a case officer on the same dates! We submitted full application - meds and police checks frontloaded! (had to provide more recent police cert as explained above)

It seems that some people have been given estimated grant dates and others told that they will be waiting the routine 5 - 6 months!

Let me know if you have any further correspondence from you case officer...that would be brilliant!

Cheers

Laura

Hi Laura... We haven't had any news yet... have you heard anything yet??

Hello to the ever increasing people on the March/April time line.

Our C/O asked for Meds last week and it's been a bit of a struggle getting a quick date. Maidenhead is our closest, but the soonest they could offer was the 6th May! Tried Knightsbridge instead and they said 28th March (lots of us wanting to emmigrate!) Today they rang to say they had space on the 21st. Hurrah!

Anyone else be there then??

Guest bertieb

hey everyone

i'm new to this thread and just wanted to share what's going on with me and my partner's visa as our timeline is much the same as a lot of you.

i'm from oz and he's from england. we applied for his visa on march 3rd,2011, they received payment the next day, we got an email on march 9th requesting only the police clearance and meds. So we sent both off on the 4th of april. we haven't heard if our CO has received it, however we did email him to tell him it was on the way and he did reply to say thanks the next day.

We have got DP which I am rather happy about now that I've had a good read of this thread!

I still am too scared to call him!

I've seen that some people have been given an actual date of when the CO thinks they will most likely be granted the visa. does anyone know if this is something they will do for everyone?

i have booked a flight to go back to oz mid may and am aware that my partner and i will be apart for x amount of months. it would be nice to know roughly when he will be able to join me. if your CO states in the initial email it will be 5-6 months does that mean after this time we should definitely have a visa?

i read a post in this thread saying sometimes they grant you a permanent visa straight away. on the receipt that we received back in our package it said 'item 100 -partner' which i am now seeing as meaning permanent visa rather than temporary.. did anyone else see this and interpret it the same as me?

thanks everyone

bertieb xxx

hey everyone

i'm new to this thread and just wanted to share what's going on with me and my partner's visa as our timeline is much the same as a lot of you.

i'm from oz and he's from england. we applied for his visa on march 3rd,2011, they received payment the next day, we got an email on march 9th requesting only the police clearance and meds. So we sent both off on the 4th of april. we haven't heard if our CO has received it, however we did email him to tell him it was on the way and he did reply to say thanks the next day.

We have got DP which I am rather happy about now that I've had a good read of this thread!

I still am too scared to call him!

I've seen that some people have been given an actual date of when the CO thinks they will most likely be granted the visa. does anyone know if this is something they will do for everyone?

i have booked a flight to go back to oz mid may and am aware that my partner and i will be apart for x amount of months. it would be nice to know roughly when he will be able to join me. if your CO states in the initial email it will be 5-6 months does that mean after this time we should definitely have a visa?

i read a post in this thread saying sometimes they grant you a permanent visa straight away. on the receipt that we received back in our package it said 'item 100 -partner' which i am now seeing as meaning permanent visa rather than temporary.. did anyone else see this and interpret it the same as me?

thanks everyone

bertieb xxx

Hi Bertieb, your best bet is to phone up your case officer and ask your questions. They're normal people and will try and help (it might take a few attempts to get them to pick up the phone!) - then you'll get answers from the horse's mouth.

Our C/O asked for Meds last week and it's been a bit of a struggle getting a quick date. Maidenhead is our closest, but the soonest they could offer was the 6th May! Tried Knightsbridge instead and they said 28th March (lots of us wanting to emmigrate!) Today they rang to say they had space on the 21st. Hurrah!

Hi Tracy,

I used Knightsbridge for my meds. The examination was pretty quick and routine. I was asked to provide another piece of information about a minor condition I have, and there seemed to be no drama related to that either. I did however, make it very clear that I wanted a copy of my report in case the original went missing. When I rang Knightsbridge to ask for the copy, I was told there wasn't one and the post it note saying 'please copy' must have fallen off my file, and it had already been sent to Australia House. I had my medical done in October 2010 and sent the visa application off in March 2011, so was a bit worried my docs my get lost in the system, but my CO says it's all there.

Hope it all goes well with you at Knightsbridge!

Jo

Guest mjandmum

Hi All

Has everyone had a receipt for their payment? We've used an agent and as far as I'm aware neither we nor they have received a receipt. Payment was taken on 18th March.....

Guest mjandmum

Hi TracyC

Birmingham gave me a really quick appointment and turnaround....bit of a drive but worth it if you want it done sooner rather than later. That said, I dont think it adds to your timeline as such. Unless of course something is wrong with your medical.

Hi All

Has everyone had a receipt for their payment? We've used an agent and as far as I'm aware neither we nor they have received a receipt. Payment was taken on 18th March.....

Hi, we received a receipt. Case officer has to send back one of the pages of the application as we forgot to answer a question, and the receipt was in the envelope. He had also returned two of the passport photos and said to use these for the medical.

Guest Sam C

That's good news you've got your meds booked Atty!

TracyC I'm booked in for my meds a day (20th) before you at the West End London branch, so I'll give you a last minute update when I'm done! Just got to hope I don't injury myself on my snowboarding holiday this week, I've packed the helmet just in case!

Guest sinead

Hi Everyone!!

Hows everyone doing... havnt been on in a while!! trying to occupy meself so im not just sitting waiting for a call or an e-mail that isnt coming for ages!! LOL!! Well everything is done my end now!! Hubby had the medical on the 7th April, and they send it straight in.. Anyone know how long this takes? Did any of you get a copy of your medical? He didnt get one?? Thought after paying €300 for it, we could at least get a copy!! LOL!!! Hubby emailed our C/O the other day to say medical had been done and what happens now (just vaguely chancing our arm to see if we could get a timeframe) and He said, now everything is in order our VISA should be preocessed between July IN August!! Gonna maybe book me flights this month!! for October!!! geting all excited!!!!

Hi Everyone!!

Hows everyone doing... havnt been on in a while!! trying to occupy meself so im not just sitting waiting for a call or an e-mail that isnt coming for ages!! LOL!! Well everything is done my end now!! Hubby had the medical on the 7th April, and they send it straight in.. Anyone know how long this takes? Did any of you get a copy of your medical? He didnt get one?? Thought after paying €300 for it, we could at least get a copy!! LOL!!! Hubby emailed our C/O the other day to say medical had been done and what happens now (just vaguely chancing our arm to see if we could get a timeframe) and He said, now everything is in order our VISA should be preocessed between July IN August!! Gonna maybe book me flights this month!! for October!!! geting all excited!!!!

Hi Sinead,

I had my medical yesterday at the Mater and I didn't get a copy either. Cloak and dagger stuff just to keep your nerves going. The waiting room was jumping! Have you decided on a shipment co. yet? That's my job for next week as we're waiting on my OH's job offer in writing so until then neither of us can hand in our notice. It should be sorted out by the end of this week though.

I'm still waiting on a stat dec from one of my OH's friends Out of 3 guys, none of them remembered to attach their passport to the form so I couldn't send any of them in with application. One guy then found out his passport was out of date so my OH had to ask another of his mates. He sent it last week......... without a copy of his passport. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow and I can get in sent ot London, after that it's a matter of sitting tight, like you and many others. ':mad:

I'm gonna e-mail my CO after I've sent in the additional info so if I get a rough grant date I'll let you know.

Guest Superkalifrajalistik

A very helpful thread thanks guys.

Here's my timeline....

Application Submitted: 27/02/11

Payment Taken: 01/03/11

Case Officer Assigned: 07/03/11

More Info Requested: 07/03/11

More Info Submitted: 08/03/11

Evidence Returned: 10/03/11

Police Checks and Medicals Requested: 16/03/11

Police Checks and Medicals Submitted: 04/04/11

Informed visa will be granted in August 2011!!!: T o d a y! 12/04/11

Guest smish

hi Superkalifrajalistik !!

You say they told you it would be granted in August, is that right? yet it was granted today????

Just I had my phone interview for Prospective Marriage back in March and he told me July... :-(

CONGRATS!!!!

Guest Superkalifrajalistik
hi Superkalifrajalistik !!

You say they told you it would be granted in August, is that right? yet it was granted today????

Just I had my phone interview for Prospective Marriage back in March and he told me July... :-(

CONGRATS!!!!

Hi Smish,

They told me it would be granted in August, today. So whilst I know it'll all be good in August, I can't go quite yet! Hope your phone interview went well...

I think you can actually get your GP to request a copy of the medical notes.

You should at least be able to get hold of the X-ray. In australia I went and got mine a month after I had the medical because I needed it for a scuba-diving medical. They just handed over the films and a copy of the report.

The doctor who did my medical showed me everything he was writing on the form, and all the test results before he put it in the sealed envelope. The envelope is sealed or the data sent electronically because they don't want you to be able to tamper with it, not because they don't want you to know your own test results...

Guest katiebobbles

Hey all,

Quick auestion how much is the medical (assuming all you need is the normal examination and xray)? Just so i can get an idea of how much i have to save to get this all done....

Good luck to all who are waiting!

Kx