SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Tillyloola
Hi Tillyloola and thank you for your reply.

I know it is a bit problematic without the visa label but as far as i know in AH, London just refuse to put it in even after has been requested. I was planning to get it once i am in Brisbane( if its needed).

Ah and by the way i don't have visa number on my official letter, there is still my ref case number!

VEVO is Visa Entitlement Verification Online - there is one for personal use and one for Organisations ( employers and government institutions ).

We are flying with Singapore airlines and i have very quick connection so we wont go out.

I also do not understand why is all this drama around the labels when people experience problems with the electronic visas.

I really hope someone who has been trough this to share his/her experience with me!

Good day to everyone and to you Tillyloola

Australia house are more than happy to put a visa label in your passport. I have spoken to many people on other forums who have either just turned up at 9 am and they have done it there and then, or made an appointment to get in done. Either way on all occasions its been done in about 10 minutes with no questions. If you have spoken to someone there directly that have refused it, then I would call back and get a second opinion.

Thats really odd that they don't put the visa number in the grant letter, that was just an assumption on my part because it makes no sense not to, but I guess somethings don't make a lot of sense in the process sometimes.

Ahhh got you now with VEVO, this is the system that government departments like medicare and centerlink etc have access to but seem to refuse to use. I am sure it may not be the case in every instance but I have read so many horror stories about people being turned away with out a label in there passport. Its so silly when you think that they are all part of the big machine that runs Australia but like every business you get people that know the rules and people that don't.

I wasn't taking so much about your flight over to Australia (although I have read a story recently about someone being denied boarding at Heathrow because the systems were down and they had to wait for someone to get in touch with the australian immigration duty officer to confirm that they had a visa), its actually more about if you leave the country to go on holiday. I'm not just talking about going to some wildly exotic places (although some of them don't actually have access to the visa data base), I've seen stories with people just going to new Zealand.

Also with all the people that I have spoken to in regards to employers, it would seem that some are OK with visa grant letters, the others don't care about the grant letters and want to see the label as they don't understand its an electronic grant.

It was easier when I had my first visa as that was label based at the time so I never encountered any problems whatsoever. What you do is ultimately up to you but I know as soon as my grant comes through, I'm going to Australia House to get a visa label put in my passport before I leave the country, I'm sure for every story I've read, there are a 100 more that had no issues, but then I am a massive worrier.:embarrassed:

Australia house are more than happy to put a visa label in your passport. I have spoken to many people on other forums who have either just turned up at 9 am and they have done it there and then, or made an appointment to get in done. Either way on all occasions its been done in about 10 minutes with no questions. If you have spoken to someone there directly that have refused it, then I would call back and get a second opinion.

Thats really odd that they don't put the visa number in the grant letter, that was just an assumption on my part because it makes no sense not to, but I guess somethings don't make a lot of sense in the process sometimes.

Ahhh got you now with VEVO, this is the system that government departments like medicare and centerlink etc have access to but seem to refuse to use. I am sure it may not be the case in every instance but I have read so many horror stories about people being turned away with out a label in there passport. Its so silly when you think that they are all part of the big machine that runs Australia but like every business you get people that know the rules and people that don't.

I wasn't taking so much about your flight over to Australia (although I have read a story recently about someone being denied boarding at Heathrow because the systems were down and they had to wait for someone to get in touch with the australian immigration duty officer to confirm that they had a visa), its actually more about if you leave the country to go on holiday. I'm not just talking about going to some wildly exotic places (although some of them don't actually have access to the visa data base), I've seen stories with people just going to new Zealand.

Also with all the people that I have spoken to in regards to employers, it would seem that some are OK with visa grant letters, the others don't care about the grant letters and want to see the label as they don't understand its an electronic grant.

It was easier when I had my first visa as that was label based at the time so I never encountered any problems whatsoever. What you do is ultimately up to you but I know as soon as my grant comes through, I'm going to Australia House to get a visa label put in my passport before I leave the country, I'm sure for every story I've read, there are a 100 more that had no issues, but then I am a massive worrier.:embarrassed:

Thank you again for your prompt and detailed reply Tillyloola:biggrin: ,

All you are saying makes a sense. I have been reading some horror stories as well and i do really want to avoid some crash on the airport. I am also travelling with Bulgarian passport and even Bulgaria is considered as a low risk country i am still worried.

So i took a decision. Instead of stressing at home I am going to London sometime next month in the migration branch and i am getting my visa label so that i can sleep calm.:laugh:

Guest rickpresti
Great news Rickpresti!! Can I ask who you CO is (initials)??

Sorry for the late reply, have been away a few days.

The CO is SV, she quoted the date in June, so we will see if it comes through as promised

Guest Tillyloola
Thank you again for your prompt and detailed reply Tillyloola:biggrin: ,

All you are saying makes a sense. I have been reading some horror stories as well and i do really want to avoid some crash on the airport. I am also travelling with Bulgarian passport and even Bulgaria is considered as a low risk country i am still worried.

So i took a decision. Instead of stressing at home I am going to London sometime next month in the migration branch and i am getting my visa label so that i can sleep calm.:laugh:

No probs, if you just want to make sure before you travel, give them a call to make an appointment. I would most probably advise this anyway as your on a non UK passport, they may ask you to bring other id in or something.

In other news, I have been trying to contact my CO for the last two days to get his blessing to travel to Australia on Friday. I've e-mailed and I have called about 10 times today, each time it went to voicemail. I only left one message because I didn't want to annoy but I really hope that he contacts me tomorrow. I understand that they are super busy and that we cant have everything at the click of a finger, but I would have thought that I would have had at least a one line response to my email saying either yay or nay. After this, I'm most probably not going to have to bother him again.

I cant really leave it any later than tomorrow to buy my ticket.:sad:

Guest Lottee

Hello March Gang

We got our case officer yesterday yaaaaaaaaay - AB - anyone else got him?

Been asked to supply evidence for March 2011 - doh i should have submitted this the first time - but thought as we are sending it off in March we would only need stuff up to Feb 2011. Anyways that will be sent of asap.

Ugh its all so nerve racking i feel sick!

Tillyloola i hope you hear something today - fingers crossed!

Guest Tillyloola

I still haven't heard from him. I have called a couple of times today and its just going to voicemail. My husband and I are frantic now its less than 48 hours before I'm supposed to fly. I don't really want to e-mail or phone again because I don't want to annoy them but this is beyond ridiculous. Surely it would just be a matter of courtesy to do a quick reply not to speak of professionalism.

I honestly don't know what to do. Do I keep keep ringing, or should I phone the main switch board and ask them there advice?

Guest WaitingPatiently
Thought I would give a update on my situation

11/02 - Application Sent (Fully Loaded - Medicals & Police Checks)

14/02 - Money taken

18/02 - Case officer replied asking for more docs

10/03 - Sent further Docs

16/03 - CO confirmed no more information required, gave a date of 15/06/2011 for Residency to be approved.

Puts it around the 4 month mark at the moment for the London office, I would say my application was relatively straight forward as we were living in OZ as well, so had joint bank accounts and rental agreements stretching over a year

Not in a rush to move over, but always good to sort it out earlier, plan to head back to Sydney after the London Olympics!!

Thanks for the update rickpresti. The news that you have the same CO as us and were given a 4month timeframe makes me very hopful indeed. We submitted about a month before you and also have a fairly strait forward case so I am hoping we get some news a bit earlier than we thought now (we thought June/July but it might be May woohoo!). Of course I don't want to jinx myself by getting too excited. Thanks again for the great news and good luck with the visa being granted in June.:hug:

Guest WaitingPatiently
That's the kind of promising news I like to hear. We received acknowledgement of receipt of our front-loaded app on 22/11/10 (haven't heard a thing since) and today is the 4 month mark. Fingers crossed we hear something in the next few weeks. We're using an agent, but the caseworker is PS.

Wow you've done so well to sit tight and wait all those months without any updates. I guess no news is good news when it comes to visas. I would think that they wouldn't mind you asking (or getting your agent to ask) for an approximate date... however you've done this well so far to be patient so it will be a nice surprise the day it arrives in the mail. Fingers crossed that day is sooner rather than later :biggrin:

Guest dadoftwins
Wow you've done so well to sit tight and wait all those months without any updates. I guess no news is good news when it comes to visas. I would think that they wouldn't mind you asking (or getting your agent to ask) for an approximate date... however you've done this well so far to be patient so it will be a nice surprise the day it arrives in the mail. Fingers crossed that day is sooner rather than later :biggrin:

Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do, but sit and wait. I've pressed our agent each month for any updates, but each month it's the same response about standard processing times of 5-6 months and we just have to wait until the day we get the email. These 4 months have felt like 4 years. We've done everything we can to make the move quicker when we do get the approval such as car boot, loads of visits to the tip so all we need to do when we get the visa is pack in our jobs, give notice to the letting agents, book flights and pack up. We're thinking 6 weeks from receipt of visa should do it.

No probs, if you just want to make sure before you travel, give them a call to make an appointment. I would most probably advise this anyway as your on a non UK passport, they may ask you to bring other id in or something.

In other news, I have been trying to contact my CO for the last two days to get his blessing to travel to Australia on Friday. I've e-mailed and I have called about 10 times today, each time it went to voicemail. I only left one message because I didn't want to annoy but I really hope that he contacts me tomorrow. I understand that they are super busy and that we cant have everything at the click of a finger, but I would have thought that I would have had at least a one line response to my email saying either yay or nay. After this, I'm most probably not going to have to bother him again.

I cant really leave it any later than tomorrow to buy my ticket.:sad:

Hi Tillyloola ,

Thanks again, i think i will just pop up in front of the migration branch one day in May when i will have more free time. I do not think they will have different requirements because the procedure was the same for me. The only difference was that i had to present some translations regarding my documents and Bulgarian police check. I can take this ricks :-) but i am not willing to post mine and my daughter's passports to London. Even with special delivery i have no trust in Royal mail due to some bad and stressful experience in the past. However Eastbourne is not too far from London- just 1,30 h by train.

My case officer was DP and i had to ring him only once, he wasn't there and finally on the 5th time i left a message. By 3.30 pm i didn't get a call back so i rang once again and he answered.

I do not know what to advice you but thinking these COs are human beings image he is sick and he wont be there for a week. In this case i believe that if you call to the embassy and ask somebody else to answer your questions wont be a bad idea.

Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Cheers and have a good day!

Guest WaitingPatiently
Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do, but sit and wait. I've pressed our agent each month for any updates, but each month it's the same response about standard processing times of 5-6 months and we just have to wait until the day we get the email. These 4 months have felt like 4 years. We've done everything we can to make the move quicker when we do get the approval such as car boot, loads of visits to the tip so all we need to do when we get the visa is pack in our jobs, give notice to the letting agents, book flights and pack up. We're thinking 6 weeks from receipt of visa should do it.

Wow it sounds like you've done everything you can do. We're doing the same having everything sold and ready to go. I'm flying back to Aus in late April for work and my partner will stay in the UK and make sure everything is ready to go as soon as we get the word. 6 weeks from visa grant to living is Aus is a good target. Looking forward to you're updates and good news any day now. Good luck

I still haven't heard from him. I have called a couple of times today and its just going to voicemail. My husband and I are frantic now its less than 48 hours before I'm supposed to fly. I don't really want to e-mail or phone again because I don't want to annoy them but this is beyond ridiculous. Surely it would just be a matter of courtesy to do a quick reply not to speak of professionalism.

I honestly don't know what to do. Do I keep keep ringing, or should I phone the main switch board and ask them there advice?

Tillyloola,

In my opinion - ring him again!! It's the squeaky wheel that gets fixed. Ring him until you get a voice and leave a message every time. Email too! You have nothing to lose, and he probably won't think you are a nuisance if you are pleasant and friendly.

Good luck :)

Hello March Gang

Been asked to supply evidence for March 2011 - doh i should have submitted this the first time - but thought as we are sending it off in March we would only need stuff up to Feb 2011. Anyways that will be sent of asap.

Hi Lottee,

I am about to send off my application, What March 2011 docs have you been asked to provide?

Do you mean bank statements and phone bills etc? Did they specify anything else?

Thanks

Jo

Guest Tillyloola

Thanks guys. I managed to speak to someone today who promised me that they would get him to contact me. Still haven't heard a thing. I have had such a bad day anyway and this has just put the cherry on the top of a very big poop cake. I feel like I'm almost past caring, unless I hear from him first thing in the morning I cant go. My husband is absolutely livid. Its my birthday Saturday and we just wanted to spend it together. I've had a really bad couple of weeks (mums first anniversary and my uncle died) and I just want to be with him. I honestly want to cry.

I feel bad for his work load and stuff but don't they realise that this is peoples lives that they have in there hands. :sad:

Hi All,

Please forgive me if the answer to this post appears somewhere else in the thread - I don't have it in me to go over the last 300 + pages!

I am about to put my visa application in the post. Please can anyone let me know if they feel that I have enough relevant evidence in my application.

My form 47sp

Husbands form 40sp

My form 80

3 x form 888 - friend's confirming our relationship

Meds already sent to Oz House

Both birth certs - certified copies

Our daughter's Birth cert - certified copy

Marriage cert - certified copy

Draft plan for our Family trust

Utility bills for the UK showing both names

Bank statements for me showing International deposits from Husband's account

Husband's bank statements showing purchases for days out, trips, living expenses while in UK

Husband's bank statements showing my use of his ATM card while we are apart

Samples of husband paying bills for our daughter

Financial report for Husband's business for Year end June 2010

Wedding preparation paperwork and invoices

Some examples of our social life - christmas bookings, holiday resort bill, joint invitations

Copies of engagement and wedding cards

Copies of itinerary for honeymoon

Telephone bills for the times we are apart

Copies of emails for the times we are apart

Travel itineraries for trips to and from Oz

Photos of us outling all aspects of our relationship, including extended family involvement.

Copies of all passports

I am a bit worried that we dont have enough, as most of our relationship has been conducted from a long distance, even though we do have a 7 yr old child, we did spend some years apart.

What do people out there think? Have we done enough? Would anyone else suggest additional evidence?

Thanks all, any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Jo

Guest LoznWill

Hi All,

Tillyhooley Im so sorry to hear things are a bit down at the moment. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate and this whole process is so very stressful!! I too have cried at times, so big hugs your way and hope you're feeling better soon!!

We finally got assigned a CO - SV!! I'm sure it's my karma for my earlier remarks about how being polite should be a basic etc etc. Hopefully it goes smoothly!!

We received a request for medicals/xray and to resubmit 2 docs that weren't certified correctly. Other than that we weren't asked for anything!! Is this a good sign or a bad sign!!??? Am hoping its a good sign.

Went to get xray done yesterday, and were told that couldn't be done until the medical had been done and a referral given by the doctor in the medical. I've not heard or read anything about that so wondering if anyone else had a similar experience??

Ooooh, the waiting just kills me. Will is sooo laid back about it. I want everything done yesterday and I want to know what each request/no repsonse might mean.... aaaaarrrghhhhh!!!

App Sent: 9th March, Receipted: 11th March, Money debited: 17th March, CO Assigned: 22nd March, Medicals & 2 docs requested: 22 March,

Guest sinead
Hi All,

Please forgive me if the answer to this post appears somewhere else in the thread - I don't have it in me to go over the last 300 + pages!

I am about to put my visa application in the post. Please can anyone let me know if they feel that I have enough relevant evidence in my application.

My form 47sp

Husbands form 40sp

My form 80

Husband's bank statements showing purchases for days out, trips, living expenses while in UK

Some examples of our social life - christmas bookings, holiday resort bill, joint invitations

Photos of us outling all aspects of our relationship, including extended family involvement.

Copies of all passports

I am a bit worried that we dont have enough, as most of our relationship has been conducted from a long distance, even though we do have a 7 yr old child, we did spend some years apart.

What do people out there think? Have we done enough? Would anyone else suggest additional evidence?

Jo

Sounds more than enough to me!!! Your on the rite thread in anyways!! I cant think of anything else to add to that but im not sure about the couple of years apart? Send it off.. If its not enough, dont be worrying, they'll let you know soon enough and ask for more!!:biggrin:

Hello March Gang

Tillyloola i hope you hear something today - fingers crossed!

Hi,

We got him too! So far so good he's been nice and helpful! answers emails pretty quickly too which is a plus...

fiancée visa posted 17/2/11

money taken 18/2/11

c/o emailed requesting more info 24/2/11

extra info recieved by c/o 3/3/11

c/o requested police checks and meds 3/3/11

meds done 18/3/11

Guest WaitingPatiently
Hi All,

My form 47sp

Husbands form 40sp

My form 80

Copies of all passports

Jo

Looks like enough evidence of the relationship there to me. As Sinead said the COs are good at telling you if there is any additional info they need for specific dates or gaps in the info to make your case. I didn't see your Police Checks on the list but the CO does request those if they are not included. Remember you need one for every country you have lived in for 12months or more over the past 10 years (thats 12months doesn't have to be in one lot either, just a total over the 10 years.. we made that mistake and now waiting waiting waiting on the Aussie police check). Good luck with the application and keep us posted.

Guest WaitingPatiently
Hi All,

Tillyhooley Im so sorry to hear things are a bit down at the moment. Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate and this whole process is so very stressful!! I too have cried at times, so big hugs your way and hope you're feeling better soon!!

We finally got assigned a CO - SV!! I'm sure it's my karma for my earlier remarks about how being polite should be a basic etc etc. Hopefully it goes smoothly!!

We received a request for medicals/xray and to resubmit 2 docs that weren't certified correctly. Other than that we weren't asked for anything!! Is this a good sign or a bad sign!!??? Am hoping its a good sign.

Went to get xray done yesterday, and were told that couldn't be done until the medical had been done and a referral given by the doctor in the medical. I've not heard or read anything about that so wondering if anyone else had a similar experience??

Ooooh, the waiting just kills me. Will is sooo laid back about it. I want everything done yesterday and I want to know what each request/no repsonse might mean.... aaaaarrrghhhhh!!!

App Sent: 9th March, Receipted: 11th March, Money debited: 17th March, CO Assigned: 22nd March, Medicals & 2 docs requested: 22 March,

Hi Loz, I would take it as a good sign that you were asked for medicals/xrays and just the 2 docs that needed certifying correctly. Sounds like everything else you needed was in your original application. From my experience SV is very formal by email even if you try to be friendly but the emails are always very detailed with everything you need which is the most important thing. I haven't been game enough to ring her as I've heard others bad experiences so we are going to try to avoid that if we can and only email when we have info or need info from her. Atleast we've both been warned so we can do our best to keep on the good side hey.

With regard to the xrays... we did ours in Manchester with Dr Smith and the clinic there does your medical, xray and bloods all in one appointment (only one hour for all to get done for my partner! It was 300pounds but quick and they said he was very healthy so he was happy!)

Hope this helps and crongrats on reaching the next stage of the game :biggrin:

Hello!

We submitted everything in November 2010, payment was also taken then, we got our reference number from AHC on 2nd Dec 2010......we've been using an agent and basically have just been told to sit tight and wait it out. :arghh:

We sent all the medical and police checks off together so its starting to feel like its really dragging out....

We really feel like we are in limbo as we can't book flights or anything until we know we can get the Visa. I don't even want to think about what happens if they say No? :cry:

We ideally want to go in July.... :goofy:

Good luck everyone!!

Amy

x

Guest sarafin
Hello!

We submitted everything in November 2010, payment was also taken then, we got our reference number from AHC on 2nd Dec 2010......we've been using an agent and basically have just been told to sit tight and wait it out. :arghh:

We sent all the medical and police checks off together so its starting to feel like its really dragging out....

We really feel like we are in limbo as we can't book flights or anything until we know we can get the Visa. I don't even want to think about what happens if they say No? :cry:

We ideally want to go in July.... :goofy:

Good luck everyone!!

Amy

x

I also applied in November, application received 10th Nov. I rang them last month to ask what the status is and they told me I woulg get my visa between 10th April and 10th May. Got flights booked for 15th of May so I really hope it comes through! I think i will call again around the 10th of April, haha

Guest Lottee
Hi Lottee,

I am about to send off my application, What March 2011 docs have you been asked to provide?

Do you mean bank statements and phone bills etc? Did they specify anything else?

Thanks

Jo

Hi Jo

Yes i had to provide relationship evidence for March 2011 only - so today i have sent them March bank statements, copy of utility bills and our council tax bill for the coming year (all dated march). For our application we basically provided two fininacial or legal documents each, for every month of our relationship....but i forgot march!

Stated in the email it said:

Documents that are often provided to substantiate a person’s claim that they are in a genuine relationship include, but are not limited to: · Joint financial or legal documents (mortgage, bank account, utility bills, wills etc);

· Individual financial or legal documents showing the same address;

Good luck with your application!

Guest dadoftwins
I also applied in November, application received 10th Nov. I rang them last month to ask what the status is and they told me I woulg get my visa between 10th April and 10th May. Got flights booked for 15th of May so I really hope it comes through! I think i will call again around the 10th of April, haha

We're also in the same boat. App received 22nd November with meds and police checks, used an agent and being told to wait 5 to 6 months. Never thought all this waiting could be so frustrating.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi All,

Hey, my app was received at AH on March 1. We are using an agent so I don't know which case officer I have but our agent referred to our case officer as she so maybe I have SV too but not sure! Anyhow, she requested a further police check from me because the one I provided will be out of date at the end of April. I have sent the police cert back and my agent said that that's all she has requested at this stage.

I actually asked the same question on here as you "is that a good sign?!!" The response I got was that they don't usually request police certs or meds until they are satisfied that you meet the relationship requirements.

So far, that advice has been true for me, however I don't want to jinx myself yet because although we have been together two yrs and moved in together in 2009, our case is quite complicated so I was surprised that there was nothing further requested!!! Then again, it may be just complicated in my eyes because I am so worried and so stressed :unsure: