SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hey Crazycat! DP told me 6 months in my original lette, but in a follow up email told me he hoped to issue the visa in five months. How nice would it be to get the same phone call as Nando (however slim the chance of that is)?!? :biggrin:

I also had DP he told us in first letter march 2011 which would have been 6 months but then after talking to him on the phone he said feb 2011 which means 5 months

:biggrin:

Guest Crazycat
Hey Crazycat! DP told me 6 months in my original lette, but in a follow up email told me he hoped to issue the visa in five months. How nice would it be to get the same phone call as Nando (however slim the chance of that is)?!? :biggrin:

I can't even imagine!!!! That would be crazy, I wouldn't know what to do! We are planning to move to Melbs in March assuming we will get the visa in Feb so we gave notice at work and for our flat. But you never know with them! :notworthy:

Guest Mikeslady
I can't even imagine!!!! That would be crazy, I wouldn't know what to do! We are planning to move to Melbs in March assuming we will get the visa in Feb so we gave notice at work and for our flat. But you never know with them! :notworthy:

I'm in exactly the same boat. I'll be moving to Melbourne (hopefully in early March). I've also handed my notice in at work so fingers crossed it all goes to plan!

Guest Nando65
I am over the moon for you both.

Have fun in Aussie wherever you end up and keep in touch.

Congratulations.

Hi rache&matt, thank you so much, I got the Aussie visa in the passport today!!! Booked the flights, off on the 15th December!!! We make it in time for Xmas by 3 days, spending 5 days in Thailand to relax as I have never seen in and OH loved it there so it will be great to chill before the adventure begins!!!

Be sure to let us know when you get the news and we will definitely be in touch and let you know how it is going!!! It would be great to meet up when we are all their and laugh about this, the ups the downs the lows and the highs, the highs are certainly worth it!!!

So happy we can't stop laughing and well, like we are kids again!!!!:jiggy::hug::hug:

Guest Nando65
It seems like the best Christmas present ever!!! And hey, you will be there sooooo soon! Guys, this is great, it made my day too. Our CO emailed our agent a couple weeks ago that our visa application will be decided in Feb, so I'm hoping it won't be any longer then that and it acctualy will be 5 months! Did you guys get any indications at all from your CO (the same sa ours - DP) on the processing time other than the original letter stating 5 - 6 months?

Please let us know how it goes with the stamp and when you're flying out! Sooooooooo happy for you!!!!

:cute: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hey Crazycat, you are so right, best Xmas present ever!! Our agent said you just have to wait, as DP would contact him directly as he was acting on our behalf. We thought so we wait . When our agent called my OH yesterday to say, Nando needs to learn Skippy the Bush Kangaroo!!! Because we thought 5 or 6 months, she had no idea who it was and thought she had a dodgy phone caller, but him saying my name, she still said, we know January or February 2011! He said no, you got it and you can go!!! She nearly had a heart attack!!!

I got the stamp in my passport today, met DP, lovely man, we couldn't thank him enough and we said the same as you, best Xmas present ever!!! It was easy, they printed it out, stuck it in my passport and all done!

Then I went straight to the travel agents, and yes, we make it in time for Xmas, we leave 15th December, with 5 days in Thailand, I have never been and OH loves it so we are going for a break to relax and then arrive Brissie on the 22nd December!!!

Shipping boxes arrive Monday, collected Wednesday so just the case to do and we are done, 12 days and we are on that plane!!!!:hug::hug:

:jiggy::jiggy:

Guest Nando65
Mega huge congrats Nando so pleased for you hope you are having a drink tonight to celebrate

Matt & Laura x

:biggrin:

Thanks Matt & Laura, yes we enjoy, it is such a relief and he waiting is over, its great. I got the stamp in my passport today, booked the shippers for Monday, flight in 12 days!!! Off on the 15th December and spending 5 days in Thailand, I have never been and OH loves it so we will relax there and then arrive Brissie on the 22nd December, yeh, Xmas on the beach!!!:biggrin::jiggy::hug:

Guest Nando65

Mikeslady, we never expected so you never know!!! hope you guys all receive your approvals in 4 months!!!! If it happened to us then it can happen to you, be prepared for that email/call, it is a shocker at first, you think your dreaming!!

Be sure to let us know when you do hear, wish you all the best guys!!!

:jiggy:

:biggrin: Hi all done and dusted in FOUR MONTHS. Lodged sub 100 defacto visa app in June finally got visa beginning of October. Missus and kids arrived in OZ early Nov and I finally arrived 25th Nov. Only a week in but loving it already.

4-6 months should be the normal waiting time so long as all requirements are sent with app.

Guest markeainsworth

Hi everyone

Just to give you all another example of processing times for a Partner (sub class 309) visa.

Submitted it on 23rd July (with medical and police checks already completed) and shortly afterwards to Case Officer indicated a completed date of 23rd November.

Well, they stuck to that date and I got the Visa on the 23rd.

It seems that when they state a date, they are reliable and they do stick to it.

Also, FYI, when it comes to getting an Oz medicare card. I got slightly mixed messages but showing them the email that Australia High Comission sends you to confirm the Visa is granted holds more weight than a print off from the VEVO website (which is available to everyone even if you didn't apply online).

Good luck everyone

Mark

Guest TaniaandRob

Hiya, Fairly new to the forum and have been finding all the info so very helpful. It's nice to find we are all in a similar situation. I am the Aussie and my Husband Rob is awaiting his 309 visa. We are cutting everything fine and hanging on the edge for so many dates. As well as waiting for the visa I am hoping to be accepted into Uni. I am waiting to hear about a $10k scholarship to study and waiting for news of a job I can do while I study. All in all if I get into uni I need to be home before March so we are awaiting Rob's visa hoping that we can travel together especially because Rob has never travelled alone and never that far and since we have been together the only night we have spent apart was the eve of our wedding!...

A few dates...

Application for 309 sent: 12/09/10

Application recieved, CO confirmed and money taken: 14/09/10 - told 5-6 months wait CO=RF

Extra info requested: evidence of relationship and police check sent 3/10/10

Emailed requesting ETA of visa 29/11/10: Out of office reply on holiday from 19/10/2010 and will not return until 29/11/2010.

Recieved email 29/11/10: "Please be advised that due to current processing times for partner visa applications at the London office you can expect a finalisation date for your application of around the beginning of February 2011."

So we are waiting and hoping for early Feb. I am about to give notice as I am supposed to give 3 months and I can't stick around if all goes to plan so will be giving a little less than 3 months notice. We are thinking we need to book flights now for Feb 15thish and hope the visa comes - otherwise we are thinking tourist visa then a quick trip to NZ or singapore.... The plan is we both give notice and plan to move in with the outlaws, get our stuff (there isn't much) sent soon so it gets there shortly before or after us. We have a home to move to in gippsland VIC and already several people interested in employing Rob so we are now just waiting with everything crossed...

Hi guys - after hearing Nandos great news (congrats!) I fired off an email to my CO and got this in return

Thank you for email.

I do not require any further evidence from you.

The average processing time for an application lodged in August is currently 5 months. You lodged your application on 2 August 2010. I aim to finalise your application in early January 2011.

So this is exciting I had thought I would be well into February -so fingers crossed it gets granted in January

Cat

xx

Guest Nando65
Hiya, Fairly new to the forum and have been finding all the info so very helpful. It's nice to find we are all in a similar situation. I am the Aussie and my Husband Rob is awaiting his 309 visa. We are cutting everything fine and hanging on the edge for so many dates. As well as waiting for the visa I am hoping to be accepted into Uni. I am waiting to hear about a $10k scholarship to study and waiting for news of a job I can do while I study. All in all if I get into uni I need to be home before March so we are awaiting Rob's visa hoping that we can travel together especially because Rob has never travelled alone and never that far and since we have been together the only night we have spent apart was the eve of our wedding!...

A few dates...

Application for 309 sent: 12/09/10

Application recieved, CO confirmed and money taken: 14/09/10 - told 5-6 months wait CO=RF

Extra info requested: evidence of relationship and police check sent 3/10/10

Emailed requesting ETA of visa 29/11/10: Out of office reply on holiday from 19/10/2010 and will not return until 29/11/2010.

Recieved email 29/11/10: "Please be advised that due to current processing times for partner visa applications at the London office you can expect a finalisation date for your application of around the beginning of February 2011."

So we are waiting and hoping for early Feb. I am about to give notice as I am supposed to give 3 months and I can't stick around if all goes to plan so will be giving a little less than 3 months notice. We are thinking we need to book flights now for Feb 15thish and hope the visa comes - otherwise we are thinking tourist visa then a quick trip to NZ or singapore.... The plan is we both give notice and plan to move in with the outlaws, get our stuff (there isn't much) sent soon so it gets there shortly before or after us. We have a home to move to in gippsland VIC and already several people interested in employing Rob so we are now just waiting with everything crossed...

TaniaandRob

We wish you all the very best, fingers crossed you get the 4 month note, saying off you go. We were advised 5 to 6 months and we got ours in 4, but if you read through the site, you will see the varying times.

We wish you all the very best and be sure to let us all know how you get on with the visa, uni, jobs the lot!!!

Best wishes

Nando 65 (Nando and Jane)

Guest Nando65
Hi guys - after hearing Nandos great news (congrats!) I fired off an email to my CO and got this in return

Thank you for email.

I do not require any further evidence from you.

The average processing time for an application lodged in August is currently 5 months. You lodged your application on 2 August 2010. I aim to finalise your application in early January 2011.

So this is exciting I had thought I would be well into February -so fingers crossed it gets granted in January

Cat

xx

Cat hi!!

That's great news!! Ah earlier than you thought so that is fab!!!! Be sure to let us know when you get it and keep us in the know of your new adventure!!

Congratulations!!!!!

:jiggy:

Guest TaniaandRob
TaniaandRob

We wish you all the very best, fingers crossed you get the 4 month note, saying off you go. We were advised 5 to 6 months and we got ours in 4, but if you read through the site, you will see the varying times.

We wish you all the very best and be sure to let us all know how you get on with the visa, uni, jobs the lot!!!

Best wishes

Nando 65 (Nando and Jane)

Thanks Nando and Jane and keep in touch - My Dad lives near Brisbane so maybe we can catch up at some point on the other side..... Good luck with your move! xx :wink:

Guest Nando65
Thanks Nando and Jane and keep in touch - My Dad lives near Brisbane so maybe we can catch up at some point on the other side..... Good luck with your move! xx :wink:

Hi there!!

So sorry for the delay, been packing, giving away furniture, shippers today, it's been manic but fun.......at the end of the day, when we know we made it, one step closer, and only 7 more sleeps to go!

Would love to meet up with you for sure, that would be brilliant!! Will definitely stay in touch, let us know where you are and see you in sunny Brisbane!!!

Take care

Nando and Jane X:hug:

Good luck with all the moving guys and the trip over. I hope by the time you get here the weather will be behaving better. But, even if it isn't it is such a thrill knowing you have finally made it!

I hope we get to meet you at some stage soon. We are on the Sunshine Coast, I think I may have mentioned that before, but are in Brisbane at least once a month.

Love and hugs to you both,

Sharon and Graham

Hi there!!

So sorry for the delay, been packing, giving away furniture, shippers today, it's been manic but fun.......at the end of the day, when we know we made it, one step closer, and only 7 more sleeps to go!

Would love to meet up with you for sure, that would be brilliant!! Will definitely stay in touch, let us know where you are and see you in sunny Brisbane!!!

Take care

Nando and Jane X:hug:

Guest emacmac

Hi all

This is such a great forum, and I have been reading all the posts whilst working on my fiance's PMV application - great advice and really positive so a big thanks to all!

We submitted his application this week, so thought I'd post the timeline so far:

Application sent: 7 Dec 10

Application received: 8 Dec 10

Payment taken: 10 Dec 10

Fingers crossed for a relatively easy process!

Or at the very least, we can start enjoying the fun things of being engaged and forget about adminy (yet essential!) visa applications

cheers

Guest Nando65
Good luck with all the moving guys and the trip over. I hope by the time you get here the weather will be behaving better. But, even if it isn't it is such a thrill knowing you have finally made it!

I hope we get to meet you at some stage soon. We are on the Sunshine Coast, I think I may have mentioned that before, but are in Brisbane at least once a month.

Love and hugs to you both,

Sharon and Graham

Hi Sharon and Graham, most definitely catch up with you and soon!!! 5 more sleeps and we are on our way!!! Will be sure to PM you guys so we can arrange and when you head to Brissie, well hubbie, Italian used to be a chef, we can put our feet up!!!

Hugs and thanks for the good wishes!!!

Nando and Jane (Nando65) XXX

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi all

This is such a great forum, and I have been reading all the posts whilst working on my fiance's PMV application - great advice and really positive so a big thanks to all!

We submitted his application this week, so thought I'd post the timeline so far:

Application sent: 7 Dec 10

Application received: 8 Dec 10

Payment taken: 10 Dec 10

Fingers crossed for a relatively easy process!

Or at the very least, we can start enjoying the fun things of being engaged and forget about adminy (yet essential!) visa applications

cheers

Welcome to PIO, hope 2011 brings you a nice shiny visa for your OH.

Guest TaniaandRob

Ok just an update...

We emailed the CO last night and he has replied first thing this morning. We asked if it would be ok to book flights to Oz Feb 15th due to his last statement "a decision on your visa is expected at the beginning of February 2011" and that if the visa wasn't through if Rob could go on a tourist visa and then skip across to NZ to have the partner visa activated and this was our responce...

"Your partner visa should be approved on or around the 9th of February 2011.

If this is not the case then you are able to travel to Australia on a visitor visa and depart the country when your partner visa is ready for approval. I would certainly advise you to take evidence of adequate funds and also that you have lodged your partner visa application at the London Office with you when you travel if you are using a one-way ticket."

So we have a move date - visa 309 or not - and also advise on how to go before the visa is ready direct from the CO.

Hope this info is helpful for others waiting for their visas and wondering if they can go before. I have also had a quick look and return flights from Melbourne to NZ can be had for around $300au.

Oz here we come!!!!:jiggy:

Guest kateandollie

We were advised by our c/o our visa will be granted on or around the 20th Jan, so we have booked our flights out for the 9th Feb... cant wait counting down the days.

Guest Crazycat
Ok just an update...

We emailed the CO last night and he has replied first thing this morning. We asked if it would be ok to book flights to Oz Feb 15th due to his last statement "a decision on your visa is expected at the beginning of February 2011" and that if the visa wasn't through if Rob could go on a tourist visa and then skip across to NZ to have the partner visa activated and this was our responce...

"Your partner visa should be approved on or around the 9th of February 2011.

If this is not the case then you are able to travel to Australia on a visitor visa and depart the country when your partner visa is ready for approval. I would certainly advise you to take evidence of adequate funds and also that you have lodged your partner visa application at the London Office with you when you travel if you are using a one-way ticket."

So we have a move date - visa 309 or not - and also advise on how to go before the visa is ready direct from the CO.

Hope this info is helpful for others waiting for their visas and wondering if they can go before. I have also had a quick look and return flights from Melbourne to NZ can be had for around $300au.

Oz here we come!!!!:jiggy:

Hi TaniaandRob!

This is a very good news!!!! Now you know you can book your flights and plan things. We applied for our visa, 309, on 10th Sep and have been told by our CO (DP) it will be decided begining of Feb 2011. I'm counting days to 1st of Feb so we can send email asking for an update :biggrin:

So happy for you guys!!! Big hug! :hug: