SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest RobynAtPresentInLondon
just been granted my 309 spouse visa!!!!!

sharon[39]mick[44]

visa lodged 7/7/2010

contacted AH because we had heard nothing

was told CO had left but new one would grant visa by 7/11/2010

visa granted 5/11/2010

off to glenelg sa 29/11/2110 for a new life

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! :jiggy:

Congratulations!

There can't be too many July people left now - did the 5-6 month timescale start in August or September?

Guest rache&matt

Hi robyn,

Looks like we put our applications in on the same day. From the sounds of it we have a six month wait!!!

Good luck with yours.

I have my medical tomorrow and am very nervous.

Rache

Congratulations!

There can't be too many July people left now - did the 5-6 month timescale start in August or September?

Hi Rache,

My husband is the applicant and the medical was v straightforward apart from he had to return for a second xray as they only xrayed to the bottom of his neck not the top! I think it is mostly just blood tests, wee in a pot, they also felt stomach, back, groin etc (I just checked with him!). So nothing to worry about.

I seem to recall you are off to Perth - we're heading (home for me) to Sydney. Hopefully it will either come through more quickly (haha) or he will be ok on an ETA or whatever it is called now for a couple of months so we can get the kids into school for the start of the year

Robyn

Guest rache&matt

Hi Robyn,

To be honest we are considering that. We are off to Perth, where my hubbys family are.

Im sure we wont have my visa by the time of the school year so ETA is a consieration for me but then I wont be able to work (not that I would mind that!).

Dont you need to be in the UK when the visa is completed? I emailed my CO about this but he hasnt replied, are they ok about you travelling to Aus whilst waiting?

Rache

Hi Robyn,

To be honest we are considering that. We are off to Perth, where my hubbys family are.

Im sure we wont have my visa by the time of the school year so ETA is a consieration for me but then I wont be able to work (not that I would mind that!).

Dont you need to be in the UK when the visa is completed? I emailed my CO about this but he hasnt replied, are they ok about you travelling to Aus whilst waiting?

Rache

From what I gather on the forum, it is fine to go to Australia in the mean time but you must be offshore when the visa comes through. There is a post on this thread by Thamby on 01-11-10 with more info - have been scouring the forum for it because I could remember seeing it somewhere! You will need to do a quick trip to Singapore to get the visa processed - or just wait in the UK to get it.

Robyn

Guest rache&matt

Thanks Robyn,

I didnt think of that. I was thinking I would need to be int he UK when visa given but I suppose I only have to be offshore somewhere!!!

Guest Nando65
Congratulations!

Hi there

We dropped our application, for the spousal 100 visa, into Aussie house, London on the 6th August, we front loaded the meds and had to supply just the police clearance.

Our letter said 5 to 6 months, so we are hoping 5 months then we are over half way there, we did ask the same question on this site, and others applied first week of September and they said they were advised 6 months.

Hope this helps, roll on 2 or 3 months!! Best of luck to you all and be sure to keep us all excited when you get the fab news.

Hugs

Nando65 (Nando and Jane):jiggy:

Got an email from my case officer today confirming everything had been received and assessed and that my visa will be granted in march! If they stick to that timeframe it'll be 5 months (I applied early October). Such a relief to know it's all ok, now there's just the wait!!:jiggy:

Guest Nando65
Got an email from my case officer today confirming everything had been received and assessed and that my visa will be granted in march! If they stick to that timeframe it'll be 5 months (I applied early October). Such a relief to know it's all ok, now there's just the wait!!:jiggy:

Biffo CONGRATULATIONS, LEAST YOU KNOW WHEN THE DATE IS!!! Did you apply for the 309 or the 100 visa, we applied for the 100 in August, told 5 to 6 months.

It is like a major countdown isn't it, like when we were little, counting days for your birthday, with how many more sleeps to you.

Best of luck with it all!!

Hugs

Jane (Nando65 - Nando and Jane)

Thanks!! I know, I still can't believe it, I was expecting to hear nothing till next year! The email didn't say which subclass I'd get. We're a bit borderline I think, have been together for 4 years, but only living together/defacto for 2 and a half, so I'm not sure if we meet the criteria??

It certainly is a bit like waiting for birthdays, but hopefully with Christmas coming the time will fly by! Then we can all start planning our first Christmas down under!!

x

Guest Nando65
Thanks!! I know, I still can't believe it, I was expecting to hear nothing till next year! The email didn't say which subclass I'd get. We're a bit borderline I think, have been together for 4 years, but only living together/defacto for 2 and a half, so I'm not sure if we meet the criteria??

It certainly is a bit like waiting for birthdays, but hopefully with Christmas coming the time will fly by! Then we can all start planning our first Christmas down under!!

x

Great news, enjoy every minute of it!! Yes I guess it may be a 309 as the 100 is 3 years together, you never know, time will tell, and they are ALL good if it gets you to the land of plenty!!!

You are so right about Xmas being around the corner, helps to keep things busy and the time go a little quicker, anyway all the very best, be sure to keep us in the know, and give us the exciting news!!!

Hugs

Us X (Nando65):biggrin:

Guest Nando65
who are everyones case officers, we have douglas perberdy and her hasn't replied to my last 2 emails

Hi Swifty

We have the same case officer, although our agent writes to him for updates, I am wondering then, as he was extremely prompt when we first required to give him details.............maybe he is on hols?? Let's hope, with the cutting of staff, he hasn't been one of them!!! Our agent is contacting him for a follow up as we have reached 3 months, I keep telling them, nagging is caring!!!!

Will let you know if we hear back from our agent this week. If you didn't get a email failure, it should be fine.

Best of luck and be sure to let us know if you hear anything too!!

Regards

Nando65 (Nando and Jane)

hey nando, i am just a bit concerned with him as we emailed him to check he had received our meds, only for him to reply that he had 'overlooked' a police check needed from me as our daughter is on the application which worried me that it was only us prompting him that he asked for it, but now he has not replied to our emails so getting a little concerned.

That's great news, congratulations. Did the CO actually say that the visa would be granted? I thought that they were non-committal until they actually grant the visa at the end of the quoted (ie 5-6 month) process.

K

Hi KandC,

Yeah, they actually said it would be granted in March 2011. I was very surprised, I was going to email this week just to check they'd received the police check and medical, but wasn't expecting to hear anything till next year, and probably not till I started to hassle them around February time!!

Ah well, at least I can get on with packing the house up safe in the knowledge I'll be reunited with my stuff in a few months!! Packers are coming on Wednesday and it's getting a bit stressful!

Oh and my case officers initials are SV if thats helpful to anyone!!

x

Great news, enjoy every minute of it!! Yes I guess it may be a 309 as the 100 is 3 years together, you never know, time will tell, and they are ALL good if it gets you to the land of plenty!!!

You are so right about Xmas being around the corner, helps to keep things busy and the time go a little quicker, anyway all the very best, be sure to keep us in the know, and give us the exciting news!!!

Hugs

Us X (Nando65):biggrin:

Well I supplied tons of evidence (package weighed nearly a kilo) to try and prove how committed we are, just in case it bumped us into a 100 (by the time they issue it it'll be 3 years living together), but I'm not holding my breath, and as you say any visa will do if it means I can out there and be with the other half! But I'll certainly keep let you know how we get on, and good luck for your application, hopefully it won't be too long till you hear something!!

x

Guest johnson
who are everyones case officers, we have douglas perberdy and her hasn't replied to my last 2 emails

Lodged application 6 weeks ago and not heard from a case officer at all. Front loaded everything and have been co-habitating for a long time with tonnes of evidence so I'm thinking if they don't need anything from you then you won't hear......... though I may be wrong and I'm still at the bottom of a pile awaiting a CO. :chatterbox:

Lodged application 6 weeks ago and not heard from a case officer at all. Front loaded everything and have been co-habitating for a long time with tonnes of evidence so I'm thinking if they don't need anything from you then you won't hear......... though I may be wrong and I'm still at the bottom of a pile awaiting a CO. :chatterbox:

You should ring and check, usually after 5 days you get an email confirming payment has been recieved and the name of your case officer and a reference number for all enquiries, they are human and in my expereince helpful, once you pluck up the courage to speak to them!.

For all those thinking of getting an ETA, that is exactly what I did, my CO confirmed my grant date as 16.10.10, as opposed to the original 16.09.10 quoted, as my flights were booked she advised me to go on an ETA, she emailed me on the 14.10.10 to advise she now had a visa grant number for me, and for me to let her know when I was leaving OZ so she could put it on the system, I flew to NZ on the 19.10.10 returned 4 days later with visa activated. As long as your CO knows where you are it is fine, I also printed out a email of her confirming that I was fine to travel to OZ while waiting for my visa to be granted ( been watching to many border control, and was stressed about the paperwork, CVs birth certificates etc). During the month on an ETA visa I sorted out banks, school for my daughter new house,etc the only downside is if you have children they have to leave the country with you, if they are dependants on your application.

Happily living with OH in Roxby Downs,SA the middle of the desert and lovin it.

Guest johnson
You should ring and check, usually after 5 days you get an email confirming payment has been recieved and the name of your case officer and a reference number for all enquiries, they are human and in my expereince helpful, once you pluck up the courage to speak to them!.

We got a generic email from Oz house via the lawyer confirming receipt of the application. It was signed and named but it doesn't state if this person is our CO. I wonder if it is? It would be useful to lock in a date for planning purposes.

Hi

My husband applied to for a spouse visa recieved at AH 13th Aug front loaded with meds and police check. Contacted CO to find out rough ETA, she said it will be finalised in Feb. This makes it six months rather than five.

We were hoping for a sunny New Year, but another couple of cold winter months then I suppose we'll have plenty more sunny days!

Guest Mikeslady

That's great news Biffo!

Can I ask, did your CO email you out of the blue or did you email him/her to ask when it would be ready? Based on the 6 month wait, I should get my visa towards the end of March (fingers crossed) but am planning on travelling to Oz in early Feb on an ETA.

I was thinking about emailing my CO to ask if they had everything to see if I could get a similar response. i.e "your visa will be granted in March". Even though my relationship with my OH is 100% genuine, there's always that small fear that they may refuse the visa for some crazy reason. I'd just like to get some sort of assurance that it won't be refused without feeling like I'm hassling them.

Guest hbuckley

Hi Guys,

New to the forum but have found it invaluable support as I'm sure everyone else does. It's true I have been lurking and getting loads of ideas for our move.

Just a bit of background, my fiance is from Melbourne and we decided a while ago to emigrate. We used an agency to check our submission and they did have some good advice but I'm not sure I would recommend them.

When we submitted our application at the end of July we were told 2-3 months and the money was taken out of my account at the beginning of August. We naturally began to plan for moving in the New Year and my parents booked a trip to Melbourne for the beginning of February.

Then a couple of weeks ago we were told that the wait was now 4-6 months, judging by everyone elses responses it looks like we might either get the visa at the beginning of December or February...it would be nice to know either way...we still haven't heard anything more concrete.

Worse case scenario, I think we will probably book a flight to land in Melbourne for when my parents are there on a tourist visa and then head to New Zealand to activate the visa when it gets through.

Anyway, thought I would throw my story into the mix and hopefully it will help someone...

That's great news Biffo!

Can I ask, did your CO email you out of the blue or did you email him/her to ask when it would be ready? Based on the 6 month wait, I should get my visa towards the end of March (fingers crossed) but am planning on travelling to Oz in early Feb on an ETA.

I was thinking about emailing my CO to ask if they had everything to see if I could get a similar response. i.e "your visa will be granted in March". Even though my relationship with my OH is 100% genuine, there's always that small fear that they may refuse the visa for some crazy reason. I'd just like to get some sort of assurance that it won't be refused without feeling like I'm hassling them.

Hi Mikeslady. It was completely out of the blue. I'd sent off my police check last week, so I was actually going to email myself at the end of this week, just to check they'd received everything. I don't think there'd be any harm in emailing to ask for a rough idea when it would be ready. From what my case officer said they've looked at all the evidence and everything's ok so now it waits till March to be issued.

I know what you mean about worrying they might refuse it. I was put sooooo much evidence in, just in case they said no. Think I drove my partner a bit mad with all the stressing!! :biggrin: