SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Is it possible (and sorry if this has been asked before) to have the medicals done in Australia as I will be there visiting family after applying offshore in London?

Guest stirlo87

My boyfriends visa was granted today!! My heart is pounding... didn't expect it at all seeing as our 4 month mark wasn't for another 2 weeks!!

Now to search flights.... just in time as well as my sister has just given birth to my first niece!!

Biggest congratulations HettyBetty!!! You must be over the moon & i expect you still are waking up not believing its actually granted. Lucky to have got a flight so soon, wishing you all the best. I have the same CO as you soo now i'm all nervous excited for my last 2weeks hopefully of waiting :biggrin:

Congrats to Maybeamy too!! 9 months wait...eeek! I don't know how you did it. Wishing you all the best too!

Sweet tooth, I'd phone and schmoooz a little as some visas have gone through two weeks earlier than the four months date. Are you apart as I think that is pulling heart strings at the moment, we'd been apart since April and Maybeamy has also? It is worth a call if you haven't spoken to them for a time... I'm crossing my fingers for some good news. :confused:

Congrats everyone on getting their visas - esp Maybeamy and Hettybetty who we all 'know' on this thread very well now.

We've almost all got our visas now - what are we going to do once everyone on this thread gets the visa granted? :-)

Guest GeorgeD
how long after the email do you usually get the visa grant letter?

thanks

emma

I haven't had a letter at all. I just got an email from my CO saying she was pleaed to advise the visa had been granted and here is the number, etc. I then went to the Immigration VEVO tool website (Visa Entitlement Verification Online) to check what it said, and it said my partner visa was active, etc.

I emailed my CO at the start of this week to say that I had flights booked for the 17th (Sunday!) to make my initial entry, she said they didn't need to know this as the visa was active and I can come and go as I please as long as I make my first trip before the final initial entry date (12 months from my PCC date)

Guest RobynAtPresentInLondon
Congrats everyone on getting their visas - esp Maybeamy and Hettybetty who we all 'know' on this thread very well now.

We've almost all got our visas now - what are we going to do once everyone on this thread gets the visa granted? :-)

We new ones will take over for a while and I would imagine there will be a whole heap to follow!

Not yet applied for Hubby's visa, all complete and ready to go on Monday I think. Married 11 years, 3 kids, should be looking at a 100 I guess.

Robyn

Guest SteEyns
Just being nosy but what visas are people getting? 309 or 100?

100 for me.

I also only received the letter of confirmation via email. I guess they don't send anything out? Have many people sent off their Passports to get a stamp?

100 for me.

I also only received the letter of confirmation via email. I guess they don't send anything out? Have many people sent off their Passports to get a stamp?

Yeah, we got the letter via email too! Subclass 100! Still contemplating sending O/H's passport away to get it stamped!

:cute:

I am thinking of sending mine off once I am in Oz, I can't risk it now as my flight is booked and wouldn't have time to get another. It doesn't matter as much if it goes missing once I am there. I really want to see it in there, as a comfort blanket more than anything.

My flight is booked Wed 27th:spinny:

Guest davison1978

visa applied 9th june2010, sent with police check,medical about 4 weeks later, visa granted 8th october2010.4months, brother inlaw got same visa in 3months ,think his may have been a bit quicker as he has a clean police check and mine had a couple of minor offences from years ago, flying to brisbane april 2011

visa applied 9th june2010, sent with police check,medical about 4 weeks later, visa granted 8th october2010.4months, brother inlaw got same visa in 3months ,think his may have been a bit quicker as he has a clean police check and mine had a couple of minor offences from years ago, flying to brisbane april 2011

Congratulations!

Hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your new life in Oz!

Emma

Hi everyone. We submitted our application (partner migration) at the end of September. We received an email acknowledgement requesting medicals and a few bits of further info a few days later. The email stated that current processing time is 5-6 months. Is this what everyone is being told? Is there anything we can do to speed things up?

Congrats on all those who received their visa - heopfully we'll join you soon!

Guest Nando65

Congratulations!!!

Can I ask if you or your brother in law used a migration agent?? Hope you are right about the quicker visa issued 1 month earlier for the clear police check!!!

It is so good to hear, makes us all feel so much better with the waiting game!!!

All the best for the future, enjoy the sunshine!!

Best regards

Nando and Jane

We posted ours off at the start of October and were told the same. I think most of the applications that were processed in 4 months were submitted in July or earlier, just before they extended it to 5-6 months, so it'll be interesting to see when the August submissions are processed?? We could be in for a quiet few months if they really are taking that long!

As for speeding it up, I'm not sure, some people have told them they've booked flights and have got in quicker, but they do say in the acknowledgment not to book flights etc. We're off travelling for 3 months in November, and I've told our case officer that, so I doubt we'll be done any sooner!!

Good luck!

We posted ours off at the start of October and were told the same. I think most of the applications that were processed in 4 months were submitted in July or earlier, just before they extended it to 5-6 months, so it'll be interesting to see when the August submissions are processed?? We could be in for a quiet few months if they really are taking that long!

As for speeding it up, I'm not sure, some people have told them they've booked flights and have got in quicker, but they do say in the acknowledgment not to book flights etc. We're off travelling for 3 months in November, and I've told our case officer that, so I doubt we'll be done any sooner!!

Good luck!

Hiya Biffo,

People who sent off their application before 31st July started off on a 2-3 month wait, this was bumped up to a 4 month wait. They then tried to put us in with the new 5-6 month waiting time but soon put us back as there was many a unhappy bunny. The granting date seems to be a moveable feast though, depending on politics at the time, as a month before I applied, people were getting their visas after two months.

I think once the application is in that they don't move too easily regarding the waiting time, it is unfair with them just sitting on the application but I think due to them wanting to slow down the number of visas being granted they reduced the number being granted each month. I don't think booking flights makes a difference and from my experience, it's not worth doing because they won't give you any clues even a week before your granting date.

Hope you have fun on your travels :jiggy:.

Guest triksta

We applied on 8th June and was told straight off that it would be 3-4 month wait....

So that time scale has passed, but we did get an email mid september saying it may take longer. I got frustrated last friday and rang our CO, only to find that they are not working there anymore!!! Arrrggghhhh!!!! But we now have a new CO who is saying that we *should* have an answer by this Friday, but ring again if we do not hear anything before..... my nerves and patience are beyond tested!!!!! :eek:

FYI our old CO was NJ.. so if you have this person, you may want to call her number and get the details of the new CO.

Guest sweet tooth
Congratulations!!!

Can I ask if you or your brother in law used a migration agent?? Hope you are right about the quicker visa issued 1 month earlier for the clear police check!!!

It is so good to hear, makes us all feel so much better with the waiting game!!!

All the best for the future, enjoy the sunshine!!

Best regards

Nando and Jane

Hey Nando,

Unfortunately I'm not sure a clear police check makes much difference, I handed in 2, one from each country which were completely clear & its still taken 4 months for me.

I'll also add that myself & my partner did not use a migration agent but we did go see one for a 1 off meeting to get a rough idea from him as to whether we were applying for the right visa and whether we had the right evidence for our case & for instance how many photos to include etc. He was quite helpful in that we could have applied in slightly different way depending on when we wanted to be in & out of the country but essentially from information gathered on here & suggestions from other people we were on the right track anyway & as long as you have the time to put into pulling the application together yourself its worth saving the money in my opinion!

Guest sweet tooth
Just being nosy but what visas are people getting? 309 or 100?

Hopefully getting the 309 Partner Visa next week! Fingers crossed!! :v_SPIN:

Guest sweet tooth

CONGRATULATIONS!

Best of luck to you next year when you fly out to Brisbane!

Guest triksta

Brisbane... sweet, sweet Brisbane!!! :cool: