SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest kateandollie

Hi guys,

Seems like we are in the same position, The High Commision London received our application on the 18th Aug. We have had no contact from a CO as yet. What about you?

Hi all,

My partner and I have been reading the forums for a few weeks. There is simply stacks (or heaps for the Aussies :wink:) of useful information here. Having to collect, prepare and complete all the information has been stressful, but it is comforting to see that this is not a unique experience. Reading other peoples’ posts has helped a lot.

Anyway to the main point, and to give back something to the community, I thought I would share the timeline for the Partner Visa application.

Preparation time – Many months.

Forms and evidence completed 13-08-2010.

Front loaded with Police Check Certificate

Application sent to immigration in London – 14-08-2010.

Due to be delivered – 16-08-2010

Now we have to wait for a CO and get some idea of processing time.

I will updated as and when.

WOOP WOOP!!! MADCHICKEN HAS DONE IT!!

Received an email today saying..

Dear MadChicken we are pleased to inform you that your pmv 300 visa has been granted!!!!!!!!!

Best feeling eva!! I have not seen my soon to be wife in over 6 months, Shes been patiently waiting in oz.Ticket booked,im flying back next week.

Best of luck to all you guys and big thanks for the support

Sharonp53 i really hope your the next person on here to post with good news

And special thanks to Maybeamey

Well done and congratulations. Have a nice life and plenty of sunchine down under.

Now it's starting to really get me down. We are nearly at the 5 month mark and someone on another forum said that all applications worldwide are now being processed in Australia and will typically take 6-9 months - surely this is not right? Please God it is not right.....my husband will tell them where to go and I will never get home!

This is really starting to get me down now and for the first time I am wondering if I am doing the right thing. The stress is dreadful and we have now been in this situation, in one form or another, for over two years!

Sorry to be so miserable guys, but if I did not moan I may feel like wringing someone's neck, probably someone in the immigration department, if I could identify who was responsible! :mad:

Hi guys,

Seems like we are in the same position, The High Commision London received our application on the 18th Aug. We have had no contact from a CO as yet. What about you?

I sent mine in payment taken 19 august they have been in contact with my agent yesterday.

No further evidence required.

Maybe e-mail them to confirm they have received your application. The CO should reply.

Just a suggestion im no pro! :wink:

Guest GeorgeD
Now it's starting to really get me down. We are nearly at the 5 month mark and someone on another forum said that all applications worldwide are now being processed in Australia and will typically take 6-9 months - surely this is not right? Please God it is not right.....my husband will tell them where to go and I will never get home!

I haven't heard that one...but there has been some activity from London in the last few days, albeit only one approval (Mad Chicken), so i doubt that would be the case. You would think that something like all applications being processed in Australia would be announced somewhere, this would need more staff employed, training, major impacts at every Embassy around the world, etc. Also, if it was being processed in Australia you would be notified you have a new Case Officer, so I really think (hope!) that is unlikely.

If you are past the 5 month mark then you applied long before the 5-6 month announcement and the then lead time was 3-4 months...you are well within your rights to phone your Case Officer to find out what the hold up is. There have been several people who applied after you been given their grant.

I know you mentioned elsewhere that your agent told you under no circumstances to contact your CO as you would be hassling them, but I think for your own sanity you need to at least get an update. If you are civil and polite then I have little doubt your Case Officer will be exactly the same back to you. I would keep any ideas about wringing necks to yourself (for the time being, but it might come to that!!) It may well be that your own situation is more complicated than some, hence the delay, but at least if they tell you that then you know what is going on...it is also your opportunity to give them more info to help them do their job. Pestering your CO every other day from when you sent in your application is likely to do you no good in the long term. Asking after 5 months about the status of a visa you were told would take 3-4 months isn't hassling someone. Even if they say the lead time is the dreaded 5-6 months...well, you're there right now, so you have every right to ask.

Take a big deep breath, relax, get all violent thoughts out of your mind (as hard as that may be!) and contact your CO for an update. Then let us all know what they said!!

EDIT: I've read a post on another forum today mentioning a Case Officer saying worldwide Spouse Applications were being processed in Australia and the poster's application would take 6-9 months. Important thing to note is that the poster on that forum applied onshore in Perth, WA. It's a different visa with a different processing route. Speak to your CO in London to put your mind at rest.

Hi GeorgeD

Thank you for the message and the encouragement. You are right our agent did tell us to wait until our 5 months is up before we contact the CO.

We have decided to wait until then and have another 9 days to that deadline. This is because that was the earliest revised date we were given.

I am not aware of any official announcement that states that all pre-announcement applications would still be processed in the 3-4 month time-frame.

We were actually originally told at the beginning of July that we would obtain the visa within 2-4 weeks. Within two weeks from that telephone conversation we were informed by email that "effective immediately" all applications would be processed on the new 5-6 month time-frame.

I am sure you are right that any new announcement regarding further change of policy would be announced more widely than on one post, but we are all subject to debate and innuendo in the absence of facts. And there is a definite lack of facts in the immigration process. It seems subjective and very "mysterious" we have no idea why some are processed faster than others.

My own case is, I am assured by the agent and the CO, very straightforward. My husband is English, we have lived together for 11 years and been married for four. There iis nothing that we are aware of that causes complications in our case and in fact we have been told that as soon as the current "hold" has been removed we will obtain our visa.

Luckily I am not a violent person...lol. Any wringing of necks is purely metaphoric and in any event, I cannot hold someone who does not have the power to change things responsible, it is the great faceless whole. And I don't see anyone standing up and saying "it's me folks, I am holding all this up" anytime soon, do you?

Meanwhile, we can do no more than hold each others hands, mop up each others tears and whoop with joy with those lucky enough to get their visa processed. Eventually we will all get there.

Hugs to everyone who is waiting - particularly those who applied in April/May :hug:

I haven't heard that one...but there has been some activity from London in the last few days, albeit only one approval (Mad Chicken), so i doubt that would be the case. You would think that something like all applications being processed in Australia would be announced somewhere, this would need more staff employed, training, major impacts at every Embassy around the world, etc. Also, if it was being processed in Australia you would be notified you have a new Case Officer, so I really think (hope!) that is unlikely.

If you are past the 5 month mark then you applied long before the 5-6 month announcement and the then lead time was 3-4 months...you are well within your rights to phone your Case Officer to find out what the hold up is. There have been several people who applied after you been given their grant.

I know you mentioned elsewhere that your agent told you under no circumstances to contact your CO as you would be hassling them, but I think for your own sanity you need to at least get an update. If you are civil and polite then I have little doubt your Case Officer will be exactly the same back to you. I would keep any ideas about wringing necks to yourself (for the time being, but it might come to that!!) It may well be that your own situation is more complicated than some, hence the delay, but at least if they tell you that then you know what is going on...it is also your opportunity to give them more info to help them do their job. Pestering your CO every other day from when you sent in your application is likely to do you no good in the long term. Asking after 5 months about the status of a visa you were told would take 3-4 months isn't hassling someone. Even if they say the lead time is the dreaded 5-6 months...well, you're there right now, so you have every right to ask.

Take a big deep breath, relax, get all violent thoughts out of your mind (as hard as that may be!) and contact your CO for an update. Then let us all know what they said!!

EDIT: I've read a post on another forum today mentioning a Case Officer saying worldwide Spouse Applications were being processed in Australia and the poster's application would take 6-9 months. Important thing to note is that the poster on that forum applied onshore in Perth, WA. It's a different visa with a different processing route. Speak to your CO in London to put your mind at rest.

Hi GeorgeD

Thank you for the message and the encouragement. You are right our agent did tell us to wait until our 5 months is up before we contact the CO.

We have decided to wait until then and have another 9 days to that deadline. This is because that was the earliest revised date we were given.

I am not aware of any official announcement that states that all pre-announcement applications would still be processed in the 3-4 month time-frame.

We were actually originally told at the beginning of July that we would obtain the visa within 2-4 weeks. Within two weeks from that telephone conversation we were informed by email that "effective immediately" all applications would be processed on the new 5-6 month time-frame.

I am sure you are right that any new announcement regarding further change of policy would be announced more widely than on one post, but we are all subject to debate and innuendo in the absence of facts. And there is a definite lack of facts in the immigration process. It seems subjective and very "mysterious" we have no idea why some are processed faster than others.

My own case is, I am assured by the agent and the CO, very straightforward. My husband is English, we have lived together for 11 years and been married for four. There iis nothing that we are aware of that causes complications in our case and in fact we have been told that as soon as the current "hold" has been removed we will obtain our visa.

Luckily I am not a violent person...lol. Any wringing of necks is purely metaphoric and in any event, I cannot hold someone who does not have the power to change things responsible, it is the great faceless whole. And I don't see anyone standing up and saying "it's me folks, I am holding all this up" anytime soon, do you?

Meanwhile, we can do no more than hold each others hands, mop up each others tears and whoop with joy with those lucky enough to get their visa processed. Eventually we will all get there.

Hugs to everyone who is waiting - particularly those who applied in April/May :hug:

I spoke to my CO about the new timeline. I was told that all applicants who applied in the same time as myself (I applied in May 2010) are still considered for the 3-4 month timeline.

So if I was you I will pick up the phone and call my CO and politely ask why are you waiting more than 4 months. Who knows you may get your visa in the same day. Good luck.

Guest sophie1108

OK I havent been on here for over a month & have just read the last few replys & I am now officially in panic mode!

I applied for my Visa on 11th May 2010 & got told the 3-4 months processing time. I emailed my CO beginning of August for an update & got this:

'Thank you very much for your email. Based on the current update on management of the partner migration program, the processing time for your visa is 4 months from the date you lodged the application (11/05/2010). I am unable to confirm an exact date when I will be able to finalise the visa but will keep you up to date accordingly.'

I have worked out that 4 months to the date would have been 31st of August. I know its now only the 2nd of September but do any of you think it is worth emailing my CO for another update. Im worried I could now be waiting another 2 months? (My partner is Oz & we'v been apart for nearly 7 months dont know how much longer I can cope!)

Thanks in advance

Sophie

OK I havent been on here for over a month & have just read the last few replys & I am now officially in panic mode!

I applied for my Visa on 11th May 2010 & got told the 3-4 months processing time. I emailed my CO beginning of August for an update & got this:

'Thank you very much for your email. Based on the current update on management of the partner migration program, the processing time for your visa is 4 months from the date you lodged the application (11/05/2010). I am unable to confirm an exact date when I will be able to finalise the visa but will keep you up to date accordingly.'

I have worked out that 4 months to the date would have been 31st of August. I know its now only the 2nd of September but do any of you think it is worth emailing my CO for another update. Im worried I could now be waiting another 2 months? (My partner is Oz & we'v been apart for nearly 7 months dont know how much longer I can cope!)

Thanks in advance

Sophie

4 months from 11 May is 11 September?

Guest GeorgeD
16 weeks from the 11th of May is 31st August. I have just added the weeks up again.

So that would be 16 weeks...not 4 months! A month is longer than 4 weeks unfortunately.

Feel free to ask your CO again though. A phonecall might be better as they could be reluctant to put anything concrete in writing but might tell you a general timescale over the phone.

It appears some May applications have been approved in the 4 month timescale. I'm in exactly the same situation as you having applied the week after you and have had no news about a visa grant...some others who applied around the same time have been given theirs recently, so hopefully there will be some news soon. Other people ar still waiting from April though.

16 weeks from the 11th of May is 31st August. I have just added the weeks up again.

If they say 4 months and you phone up before the end of the 4 months, they will likely just say 'Your 4 months is not up yet'. But if you phone up on or after 4 months you feel some moral justification in pushing for a date when it will be granted. They may then give you an answer. (Though in my experience they still played hardball.)

The wait is a drag. Good luck!:wubclub:

So that would be 16 weeks...not 4 months! A month is longer than 4 weeks unfortunately.

Feel free to ask your CO again though. A phonecall might be better as they could be reluctant to put anything concrete in writing but might tell you a general timescale over the phone.

It appears some May applications have been approved in the 4 month timescale. I'm in exactly the same situation as you having applied the week after you and have had no news about a visa grant...some others who applied around the same time have been given theirs recently, so hopefully there will be some news soon. Other people ar still waiting from April though.

Hi,

I'm in the same boat here - application received on the 4th May and have been told by CO that she will be in contact this week. Thing is she only says she will be in contact and nothing more! hoping for good news.

"I have noted the information on your file and as previously advised the processing times for the partner visa are 3-4 months from the date of application. I am unable at this time to advise of a date as to when I will be in a position to be able to finalise your visa, but I will be in contact in the first week in September (which will be 4 months from the date you applied) to confirm whether or not I can do so at that point."

I'm so stressed - if my visa does not come through in the next 3 weeks then it mucks up all my plans!!

Guest sophie1108

Peer,

Yes I know what you mean, feels like its all word play. Mine just keeps saying 4 months from the date of application. Which is this week if your counting it properly i.e 16 weeks = 4 months. I handed in my notice at work, and have been applying for jobs in Oz saying il be over mid-september. I would give my right arm to know what the hold up is. My CO obviously knows the outcome of the application but is just sitting on this whole 4 months crap. Sorry but I just dont understand why they have to do that. Means we cant make plans!! GR!! Moan over.

I have accepted a job and I'm supposed to start on the 1st Oct. All my furniture in on a ship somwehere heading down there. Sold my car etc.. fully committed but no visa yet!

One thing to note is when my CO has said 4 months she means 4 months not 16 weeks and talked about 5th May to 5th Sept being the 4 month window.

Guest sophie1108

Peer,

glad to hear you have a job. I am sure you will be OK, have you told your CO your arrangements? Dont know whether that would help or not.

I am just tired of living in limbo, maybe another week for me then. I will be booking my flight the day my visa comes through I think! Do you know whether these will be electronic or will we have to send off our passports?

Thanks in advance

It is a pain,

We are all being told different things. I was told 5 months by my CO so will not be contacting her until middle of next week, when our 5 months is up!)

Peer,

Yes I know what you mean, feels like its all word play. Mine just keeps saying 4 months from the date of application. Which is this week if your counting it properly i.e 16 weeks = 4 months. I handed in my notice at work, and have been applying for jobs in Oz saying il be over mid-september. I would give my right arm to know what the hold up is. My CO obviously knows the outcome of the application but is just sitting on this whole 4 months crap. Sorry but I just dont understand why they have to do that. Means we cant make plans!! GR!! Moan over.

One thing to note is when my CO has said 4 months she means 4 months not 16 weeks and talked about 5th May to 5th Sept being the 4 month window.

I just wanted to add that Peer is right - from my experience and from what else I've read, when they say 4 months they mean 4 calendar months (no matter how many days are in each month). It has nothing to do with weeks.

I know this because my application date was 14th April and I was told to contact my CO on 13th Aug (maybe because 14th was a Sat?). I did that - I emailed my CO on 13th Aug and 1hr later my visa came through.

Therefore, Sophie1108 - wait until 10th Sept (next Fri) and contact your CO on that day. You should hear the good news back, but not before.

Guest SteEyns

Thanks in advance

Sophie

Is that the date that you got your confirmation email - exactly the same as me if so..!

I keep reading the email I had from my CO in August "You can expect the application to be finalised by early September." and think should I get in touch, after all it is early September..

I guess I can wait until next friday, we're not in too much of a rush, although are looking to go at the end of Nov, and until it's all confirmed we can't do too much..

Guest GeorgeD

Hi SteEyns,

I'm just interested to pick up on a little detail about your application...you said the email from your CO says it will be 4 months from date of lodging (11/05/10) and your signature says you had a Case Officer email to acknowledge the application (assigned to them) on 11/05/10. Are those dates correct? If so, I wonder if that means your application is "lodged" when you are assigned a Case Officer?

I have always been going from the date they took my payment. The way I see it, they've got my cash so the meter is ticking!! My application was delivered and payment taken on the 18th May, but it was the 24th before my CO was assigned. Clearly I want to be chasing them up as soon as possible, so am looking for any and all encouragement!

Guest SteEyns

Hi George

I think originally I sent in the app recorded delivery on the 5-6th May. On the 11th I had an email confirming receipt of the application, and notice of who my case officer was, along with a case officer. I'd sent my app with a bankers draft so didn't have to wait for the payment to be taken, so have always assumed the 11th to be the starting point for my application, and waiting period.

Guest christinenpete

We got an email from the CO stating that the application was lodged on the 7th June, that was the day it was received by AH. So I'm waiting for the 7th Oct before I start asking if it wil be 4 months rather than 5-6. Hope that helps. :smile:

Guest sophie1108
Is that the date that you got your confirmation email - exactly the same as me if so..!

I keep reading the email I had from my CO in August "You can expect the application to be finalised by early September." and think should I get in touch, after all it is early September..

I guess I can wait until next friday, we're not in too much of a rush, although are looking to go at the end of Nov, and until it's all confirmed we can't do too much..

I didnt get an email to confirm, they received the application on the 11th May, took payment on the 12th. Then just over a week later she asked for more proof of address. (Partner & I were living with his parents for the year leading up to applying). After that she said 3-4 months, didnt hear anything at all so beginning of August I emailed for an update & then got the email I mentioned above.

I have been back in the UK since end of February, partner unable to return to UK due to his visa & work commitments. I've left me job, sold the car etc now just waiting.....

Fingers & toes crossed for next Friday!

Wish you all the best.