SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest yugoj

Just thought I'd add my timeline. Applying for permanent de facto visa. Currently living in the UK so applied through London. Hopefully moving out to Oz in November.

13th April - tried to hand in application by hand at Australia Commission but, as it was in a box, they wouldn't accept it from a non courrier / postman so had to walk across the road to the post office and post it!

14th April - Application received at Australia Commission and money taken from CC

20th April - Case Officer assigned, requested further evidence

26th April - further evidence sent (delay on our part due to being stranded with the volcanic ash)

29th April - request for telephone interview date. The only option the CO gave us was in mid May.

17th May - Telephone Interviews Conducted

18th May - requested to take Medicals & send in Australia Police Certificate

27th May - Medicals Undertaken & Police Certificate sent

24th June - CO confirmed receipt of medicals and said all I can do now is wait

12th July - Still Waiting (3 months)

Looking at other peoples' posts it looks like they're processing straight forward visa applications which were sent in March so I guess I've still a few more weeks to wait.

There's not such a rush for us because we can't leave until November but I want to book our flights before the prices go up!

Just thought I'd add my timeline. Applying for permanent de facto visa. Currently living in the UK so applied through London. Hopefully moving out to Oz in November.

13th April - tried to hand in application by hand at Australia Commission but, as it was in a box, they wouldn't accept it from a non courrier / postman so had to walk across the road to the post office and post it!

14th April - Application received at Australia Commission and money taken from CC

20th April - Case Officer assigned, requested further evidence

26th April - further evidence sent (delay on our part due to being stranded with the volcanic ash)

29th April - request for telephone interview date. The only option the CO gave us was in mid May.

17th May - Telephone Interviews Conducted

18th May - requested to take Medicals & send in Australia Police Certificate

27th May - Medicals Undertaken & Police Certificate sent

24th June - CO confirmed receipt of medicals and said all I can do now is wait

12th July - Still Waiting (3 months)

Looking at other peoples' posts it looks like they're processing straight forward visa applications which were sent in March so I guess I've still a few more weeks to wait.

There's not such a rush for us because we can't leave until November but I want to book our flights before the prices go up!

I see you had a telephone interview, we have got an interview and was wondering what kind of questions they ask, can you enlighten?

Thanks

Emma

Guest yugoj
I see you had a telephone interview, we have got an interview and was wondering what kind of questions they ask, can you enlighten?

Thanks

Emma

Sure - no probs Emma.

It was more of a chat really - just like the chats you end up getting to at parties: 'where did you meet', 'what are your plans' etc etc.

I actually wrote down the questons in a mail whilst I was having the interview so I have the exact questions as they were asked!

1. Tell me a bit more about how you got together and ended up starting living together.

2. I notice at the moment you're not living together all the time. How does that work out financially and how often do you see each other.

(my OH lodges in London during the working week as it's better than commuting. He leaves on a Mon and is back on Fri and I often go up and see him mid week too so the CO was happy with that).

3. How will you finance yourself - and your sponsor once you're out in Australia?

4. Why do you want to move to Australia and not stay in the UK?

5. Should you get the visa what are your next plans

7. Where will you live in Perth? What are your plans for accommodation?

He then asked exactly the same questions to my OH in his telephone interview later that afternoon.

Sure - no probs Emma.

It was more of a chat really - just like the chats you end up getting to at parties: 'where did you meet', 'what are your plans' etc etc.

I actually wrote down the questons in a mail whilst I was having the interview so I have the exact questions as they were asked!

1. Tell me a bit more about how you got together and ended up starting living together.

2. I notice at the moment you're not living together all the time. How does that work out financially and how often do you see each other.

(my OH lodges in London during the working week as it's better than commuting. He leaves on a Mon and is back on Fri and I often go up and see him mid week too so the CO was happy with that).

3. How will you finance yourself - and your sponsor once you're out in Australia?

4. Why do you want to move to Australia and not stay in the UK?

5. Should you get the visa what are your next plans

7. Where will you live in Perth? What are your plans for accommodation?

He then asked exactly the same questions to my OH in his telephone interview later that afternoon.

Thanks so much for that really apprecite it. I now have an idea of what to expect.

Good luck to you

Emma

:cute:

Guest MadChicken

Congratultions Yeahbut, good to see an april app go through.

My time line-frontloaded app offshore oz house london

PM 300

28th april- app recieved

30th april- case officer

13th july still waiting

Told the usual 3 - 4 months wait. My case officer has been good and has replied to emails straight away.

Dont ya hate how some people manage to get there apps processed quickly by giving a sob story to there case officer, only to still stay in the uk for months sitting on there visa.Maybe its just me been jealous but The day i get my visa im booking my flights then flying straight home!

Good luck to everyone!

Guest Paul in UK
Congratultions Yeahbut, good to see an april app go through.

My time line-frontloaded app offshore oz house london

PM 300

28th april- app recieved

30th april- case officer

13th july still waiting

Told the usual 3 - 4 months wait. My case officer has been good and has replied to emails straight away.

Dont ya hate how some people manage to get there apps processed quickly by giving a sob story to there case officer, only to still stay in the uk for months sitting on there visa.Maybe its just me been jealous but The day i get my visa im booking my flights then flying straight home!

Good luck to everyone!

I know what you mean with sob stories etc.

I've been waiting a similar time, 19th April. Have been told that they will be in a position to make a decision on the 19th July, funny, 3 months to the day, somehow i think its their 'minimum' non-bleating waiting time. My wife, kids and I will be homeless on the 20th August so i've booked our tickets regardless for the 28th! Have to sleep somewhere, may as well be on an aircraft!

Guest Paul in UK
why do they take so long if the CO will have all the documents and can make a final decision?

I personally think its a way to spread all the applicants out, minimum wait 3 months. Perhaps weeds a few potential applicants off in the process!

Guest stirlo87

Hey Everyone,

Just a few quick ones to be honest.

My boyfriend lodged is his application (well I on his behalf otherwise it would've sat on the table for another few months!!) on 23/06/10. We received that standard confirmation email requested the Med's and police clearence on the 28th. Now the email was dated the 6th of July (a week in the future). Is this standard practise or should I be worried??

Secondly, he had his med's done on the 7th of this month. Should we be expecting an email from our CO to confirm they have been received??

Big Congrats to those who have already had their visa's granted!!

Thanks Guys! :jiggy:

Guest yugoj

My CO never mailed me to say he received the medicals but when I mailed him (a month after I'd had the medicals taken) just to check they hadn't got lost in the post or something, he replied straight away to say 'yes, I have received your medicals, we now have everything we need to process the visa, there is no more information required from you'.

Basically - 'please wait, there's nothing more you can do'.

Guest christinenpete

Same.... we emailed the CO after about a month, to confirm he had recieved the medical. He got back to us after a few days, saying he had everything he needed. Unless he changes his mind and asks for other info, I guess we should hear something at the start of September :wideeyed:

Guest darmanin
I personally think its a way to spread all the applicants out, minimum wait 3 months. Perhaps weeds a few potential applicants off in the process!

that's a point but then again who would pay all that money!!

i still find it hard to understand where co says has everything looks ok and then takes months for visa to be issued...

is there a process for eg going though australia??

Guest darmanin
I left my passport when I went to the embassy in Berlin as well, and when I called up the CO to check (she told be to call if I hadn't heard anything by the beginning of July) she told me that she wouldn't have taken it if there were any problems :)

So I guess we're in the same situation - we've "got" the visa, but just have to wait for it to be processed. I'm not celebrating until I see it in my passport though... But congratulations!

P.S: is your CO Frau Gerick?

Hi

any news about your visa....I am still without a passport and no idea what is going on?:jiggy:

Hi new to this forum, applied for Prospective marriage visa at London office 08.07.10, 18.07.10 co appointed med and extra info requested 21.07.10 medical 22.07.10, 06.07.10 email from co confirming that medicals and other information requested had been recieved, now just quietly rocking in the corner trying to remain sane. Best diet I have ever been on, didn't for one second expect to feel this stressed. Oh and wedding booked 20.10.2010 stressssss. I need my visa, I am a teaching assistant who breaks up 23.10 and wanted to be back with oh by 07.08.10 fingers crossed

Hi new to this forum, applied for Prospective marriage visa at London office 08.07.10, 18.07.10 co appointed med and extra info requested 21.07.10 medical 22.07.10, 06.07.10 email from co confirming that medicals and other information requested had been recieved, now just quietly rocking in the corner trying to remain sane. Best diet I have ever been on, didn't for one second expect to feel this stressed. Oh and wedding booked 20.10.2010 stressssss. I need my visa, I am a teaching assistant who breaks up 23.10 and wanted to be back with oh by 07.08.10 fingers crossed

Just wanted to wish you good luck with your application hope it goes through quickly for you. All the best for the wedding :wubclub:

Guest sunnibee

Hi Maybeamy,

I know what you mean...I'm going to my medical tom, the last piece of paper needed, I hope!!! Good luck with everything.My application for same visa went in 30th April, CO, 6th May, more info needed 26th May, sent Police Cert in and meds will be in tomorrow, then waiting nervously until the visa comes through! Have been told approx mid Sept. We've booked our wedding on the 19th December2010! :smile:

Guest yugoj

I mailed my CO yesterday as it was 3 months to the day since I handed in my application for defacto permanent visa.

The response was 'applications are currently taking 4 months from the date of application to be finalised'.

He asked me to contact him again on 13th Aug when he should be able to tell me the outcome of my visa.

So those who are getting approved in under 4 months are very lucky (my visa was straightforward with no complications).

I mailed my CO yesterday as it was 3 months to the day since I handed in my application for defacto permanent visa.

The response was 'applications are currently taking 4 months from the date of application to be finalised'.

He asked me to contact him again on 13th Aug when he should be able to tell me the outcome of my visa.

So those who are getting approved in under 4 months are very lucky (my visa was straightforward with no complications).

So having an telephone interview does not hinder application any way?

Emma

:hug:

Guest yugoj
So having an telephone interview does not hinder application any way?

Emma

:hug:

Not at all. It seems it doesn't matter whether you have an interview, take a while to submit police checks, it takes time to get your medicals booked.... it's all about the date you submitted the application and, once everything is collected they just sit and wait until the 4mth 'day' and then they finalise it. That's how I see it anyway.

Not at all. It seems it doesn't matter whether you have an interview, take a while to submit police checks, it takes time to get your medicals booked.... it's all about the date you submitted the application and, once everything is collected they just sit and wait until the 4mth 'day' and then they finalise it. That's how I see it anyway.

We have submitted everything about a month ago we are now just waiting on our interview which is at the start of August!

Hopefully wont be too much longer after that!

Guest MadChicken

Hey Maybeamy Good luck with your app mate!! but wow your weddings not far off! why wait so long to put the app in or book the wedding so early? have you been advised a processing time for your app? Most people ive seen on here have been waiting at least 3 months some 5!! even when they are married for 10yrs, have kids and a house.

Did you book the wedding so close to the date of app in hope youd get processed faster ? If it does take the full processing time hopefull it will be 3months to the day so you get a bit of a chance to prepare for the big day.

My mate flew into oz and had to get married 2 days after arrival for having to wait for his pm 300 visa. poor lad went from uk winter to ozzy summer, never seen a bloke sweat in a suit so much!

Wish you the best mate, will be interesting to see how fast they process your app with it been so close to the wedding date.