SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest garysgirl63
Hi

What is the average time you have to wait for a CO?

Million dollar question I know but hey ho!

Thanks

Emma

Mine was 6 days if thats any help....

Guest epollard74
Hi

What is the average time you have to wait for a CO?

Million dollar question I know but hey ho!

Thanks

Emma

When I called the Immig dept after not getting a CO after 3 days, I was told that it can take up to 10 days to be assigned a CO. What way did you pay? That can depend a lot as well, especially if you sent a draft, they have to wait for them to clear. :wink:

Guest garysgirl63

Hi guys, when you booked your appointment for your meds, which did you go for? The med with x-ray or the med with x-ray + the hep test?

Guest somsy77

I never did get an email that he had everything. I emailed him at the 8 week mark asking what the situation was, and he said he was going to 'start' assessing and then let me know if he needed anything else, and that he was not yet ready to finalize my visa. At the 12 week mark I emailed him again asking the same question. And 2 days later I had the email confirming visa.

Congrats! You must have a fast working CO.

It's been 4 weeks since my CO was assigned, and I believe he has everything about 2 weeks ago but I still haven't got any indication from him that whether he has all the necessary info or not.

How long it took the rest of you to receive such email informing you that they got all the necessary info?

Emmaroo, I only got 1st email from CO about 11 days after the money was taken off my card...

When I called the Immig dept after not getting a CO after 3 days, I was told that it can take up to 10 days to be assigned a CO. What way did you pay? That can depend a lot as well, especially if you sent a draft, they have to wait for them to clear. :wink:

Paid by credit card!

:cute:

Guest somsy77

The doctor's receptionist will ask you questions abt your proposed work situation etc ie if your a doctor, nurse etc. and then will tell you whether you need the hep B tests

At least thats the way it happened with me. Lets see what others say.

x

Hi guys, when you booked your appointment for your meds, which did you go for? The med with x-ray or the med with x-ray + the hep test?

Guest somsy77

You'll get that email soon....! Call AH on monday morning if you havent recd it by the end of today maybe.

thanks guys for replies....just have to sit tight!

Guest garysgirl63
The doctor's receptionist will ask you questions abt your proposed work situation etc ie if your a doctor, nurse etc. and then will tell you whether you need the hep B tests

At least thats the way it happened with me. Lets see what others say.

x

I just phoned and got some jobs worth woman telling me that I had to find out from my CO what I needed first, does she not get that she is holding my life up :frown:

Guest somsy77

Knew I had this somewhere... Look at

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1163i.pdf

and self-assess what tests you need. You definitely need Medical exam + chest xray + HIV test as you are permanently migrating to Australia plus ....

1. If you are pregnant and intend to have baby in Australia -- you need to get Hep B tests done in addition to above.

2. If you intend to work as /study as a doctor, dentist, paramedic or nurse in Australia.... then you need Hep B and Hep C in addition to the above.

xx

I just phoned and got some jobs worth woman telling me

that I had to find out from my CO what I needed first, does she not get that she is holding my life up :frown:

I just phoned and got some jobs worth woman telling me that I had to find out from my CO what I needed first, does she not get that she is holding my life up :frown:

I think you need the Hep B test if you've had body piercings or tattoos within so many years - thats what I was told. They have to take blood samples to test for HIV so they take extra blood for the Hep B testing at the same time. No extra charge for me.

Rebecca

Guest somsy77

You lucky lucky thing! I had to pay 40£ extra!

This was what my doctors in London charged.

Knightsbridge Doctors Visa Medicals

I think you need the Hep B test if you've had body piercings or tattoos within so many years - thats what I was told. They have to take blood samples to test for HIV so they take extra blood for the Hep B testing at the same time. No extra charge for me.

Rebecca

Guest christinenpete

Pete had his medical done at the bridge clinic in Maidenhead, it cost £196 for the medical, chest xray and bloods taken for HIV test etc. and postage to AH:cool:

The lady on the reception said I could not book the medicals for him due to patient confidentiality. Which working in Health I thought was really odd, as I had all the information and they knew nothing about him!! :rolleyes:

Pete said they were nice enough though :smile:

Guest EmilandMarleen
Sorry to read about all the delays for the offshore spouse visas. Seems the same is happening here and i've been here 3 years now.

Not had much news from the DIAC...until yesterday. Basically I've finally been assigned a case officer and my visa will be granted within the next month. Here's a quick snapshot of the situation.

UK citizen living and working in OZ for 3 years and have been with Australian partner for 2 years, living together, all criteria met etc. Lodged a HUGE detailed document file at the DIAC in Sydney in Feb 2010, aussie partner was then 5 months pregnant with our child. All this and more was put into our case file, police checks all clear, medicals all clear, we did not miss anything! Baby has now been born and we are to send a birth certificate to the case officer to finalise the visa i guess.

It's been the longest, most stressful period as we've been waiting for something to happen. I've been here for all this time in a more than committed relationship and we were told that there has been a freeze on all in country and external spouse visa applications. maybe not for all offices but certainly for sydney.

We had a very helpful case officers assisstant who basically collected all our final documents and put is in the queue for assessment. It's still not been granted...but we've been assured that as it was lodged in feb it will be granted in the next 60 days and wont go over the 6 month mark.

Partner being australian and our new child was born in australia yet it's not speeded anything up. Obviously we wanted it to be sorted before the baby was born really...no real rush i guess but the with the amount of evidence we have provided it would of been hard to do once the child was born and we'd of kept putting it off. I wanted to ensure that it was all sorted so that my partner didnt have to worry about what my future was going to be in australia.

Good news is that once granted it will go straight to permanent and not temporary so the 2 year period is not going to be assessed now and once it's done...it's done for good.

Hope everyone else is keeping positive and patient.

Thanks

Yes, I know how you feel. We are the same, except we are waiting in London for our Visa and have been waiting since February. We have a little boy (9 months old now) and we just want to finalise our plans and get over to OZ.

I haven't heard anything about a Visa Freeze. Did your CO say why they have put a freeze on Spouse Visa's? Over here everyone seems to be advised that we will get Visa's in July - in the new year for Visa processing due to quotas or something.

Anyway hope you get your Visa soon!

Guest somsy77

It was 272£ for me :( I think.

@ Knightsbridge doctors at the beginning of March :( Needed the whole package plus 12£ postage.

Emma,

Just say you are Emma, the sponsor, and need to know if they got the application. Should be able to tell you. The concern I had with email issue was that the CO would have emailed an address thinking it was the applicant's email address, but you would have been answering it... formula for some questions to be raised, but if you replied to the email saying it was a common address and that you were responding on both your behalf....would be ok.

Calling them and asking if your partner's application has reached is fine, me thinks.

Guest somsy77

Your not in healthcare are you ~? Did you look at that link in my previous post ?

You just need the meds and xray then..!

The doctors in Cardiff want to charge 300 pounds for the medical and x-rays and 42.50 pounds each for the hep C and D tests.....

Guest garysgirl63
Your not in healthcare are you ~? Did you look at that link in my previous post ?

You just need the meds and xray then..!

Hi only just read the post sorry, spent all afternoon checking the other places for prices and it's Maidenhead for me!.....should have just waited and looked on here.

Guest somsy77

lol. Happens to all of us. I spent hours checking on things that were right under my nose...

Glad you sorted it out :)

Hi only just read the post sorry, spent all afternoon checking the other places for prices and it's Maidenhead for me!.....should have just waited and looked on here.

Guest somsy77

Patient confidentiality is when someone else wants info abt a patient with them or wants to know what treatment/ how much someone else is paying... LOL they are talking thru their hat! Does not apply to booking the medicals. Idiots.

Its not like you were going to go thru the process for him... :confused:

196 was somewhat cheaper than what they were charging me here in London, but yea they were nice, and professional. Wasnt like going to the GP, oh no. much nicer :) and very quick!

Pete had his medical done at the bridge clinic in Maidenhead, it cost £196 for the medical, chest xray and bloods taken for HIV test etc. and postage to AH:cool:

The lady on the reception said I could not book the medicals for him due to patient confidentiality. Which working in Health I thought was really odd, as I had all the information and they knew nothing about him!! :rolleyes:

Pete said they were nice enough though :smile: