SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest somsy77

When you respond to the CO's email, it would appear in his inbox as an email from you ("Emmaroo Xxxxxx"), not from your OH. Hope that doesn't cause problem... (Data protection etc). As the email is addressed to the applicant (which is not you). I would check on that if I were you...

I put my email address on the application form even though I am not the main applicant- do you think they will be ok with that?

Emma

:0)

Emmaroo I promise I'm only teasing, but seeing as you filled the form out on your partner's behalf. How did you answer :

87 Did you receive assistance in completing this form? :wub:

When you respond to the CO's email, it would appear in his inbox as an email from you ("Emmaroo Xxxxxx"), not from your OH. Hope that doesn't cause problem... (Data protection etc). As the email is addressed to the applicant (which is not you). I would check on that if I were you...

Would be any different from having an agent in regards to the data protection act?? As my agent gets emailed and then forwards it on to me or the other way round when I chased up my daughters medicals I updated my agent lol. As long as you quote the case number you are emailing about I can't see it causing to many problems. But it is always worth asking the CO as they may just email you and your partner :biggrin: Good luck Emmaroo

Emmaroo I promise I'm only teasing, but seeing as you filled the form out on your partner's behalf. How did you answer :

87 Did you receive assistance in completing this form? :wub:

hehehehehe :biglaugh: I can think of many many responses to that...

For an agent to act on your behalf you need to send in a form 856 giving them permission. I think that lifts and data protection restriction.

For an agent to act on your behalf you need to send in a form 856 giving them permission. I think that lifts and data protection restriction.

Ah yes you are right Peach. I remember now filling in that form. There must be a way for the sponser to be able to receive emails regarding the application from the CO though as the outcome effects them just as much as the applicant.

Guest somsy77

Yes, but there its clear that they are emailing the agent.

If you've put your own email down as your OH's (false representation)... that may cause a bit of a problem maybe... I dont know. Dont quote me, I am just a bit worried thats all.

I would just say as the (person applying) if asked "I don't have access to my email when I'm at work, so used my partner's email address - so that we could ensure the fastest response as possible". Chances are it won't get questioned anyway...

The only reason i put my email address was because if they are needing more info or anything i will be able to deal with it quicker than Mark would as he works nights and sleeps during the day!

I am the sponsor so I am involved in the application its not like I am just a random person!

If they have a problem with it I will change it!

Guest somsy77

Fair enough. Just say you two share the email address then when you respond to the CO's email the first time... or something. Good luck!

xx

The only reason i put my email address was because if they are needing more info or anything i will be able to deal with it quicker than Mark would as he works nights and sleeps during the day!

I am the sponsor so I am involved in the application its not like I am just a random person!

If they have a problem with it I will change it!

Guest rachandjon

Just to add my two bobs worth!

1st Gary'sgirl - I supplied emails, cards, invites, photos, etc. I thought I had supplied enough evidence of living together (two year's worth of leases, and bills in both our names) but because most of these were at the beginning and end of the year we lived in our flat, they wrote back and requested a bill or bank letter for both of us (could be indiviual) for each month of the 12 months prior to our application. Just to warn you, you might want to check oyu have that in order.

2nd Emmaroo - sure the email to you will be fine. I agree with just saying it's a joint one. My OH forwarded the first email correspondence to me, and I used it as the reference to email from my account when we had a few queries (I am definitely the organiser!). My CO always just wrote back to me at my address responding to any queries, so I can't see it being a problem.

Guest somsy77

Shucks sorry Salma, OH mentioned it was bank holiday back home, didnt think it was a holiday for embassy here too... funny we dont have a holiday too :(

Ah well, tomorrow it is then... ? Good luck!