SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

I am no hurry and was not planning on risking anything or being " dishonest"

Hey don't get me wrong wasn't accusing anyone of doing anything dishonest.. The question was "do you have supply proof of your flights our will they take your word?" so the answer I gave you was: I continuously think to myself about phoning up and saying "so I've booked a flight in two weeks - now give me my fricken visa. You've had my money for four months. Make me feel like I've had value for money".

But I don't and gave you the reason why. :wub: If I haven't heard anything by the end of the first week in July - as promised. I will be trying the Brian Haw method outside Australia House..

I was asking this as it might be that you plan to book flights for a certain date and then something happens that means you can't travel on that date so if you could say that you were planning to travel on a certain date would that suffice?

I am too much of a s**t bag to do anything that might be deemed "risky" and at the end of the day day all you would be doing is cocking up your chances of a visa!!

Emma

I was asking this as it might be that you plan to book flights for a certain date and then something happens that means you can't travel on that date so if you could say that you were planning to travel on a certain date would that suffice?

Tried that too!

Not sure if you have already, but it may be worth phoning your CO and ask if he/she can offer you an indicative date of when you can expect to get the visa? (both me and Fleabo did).

We have not yet submitted application, but will do this if we are waiting a while!

Thanks

:cute:

Well I wish at the moment that they kept to the time lines that they give just for a reply!!! STILL waiting to hear back about both my daughters medicals (they have a hearing impairement) our CO said should take around 3 weeks till he got a response that was 5 weeks ago :wacko: and our application won't be processed any further until that question is answered. My agent has chased but has had no response. We have the option of the health waiver but until they answer we don't know where we stand or how to proceed. Very frustrating as like everyone else we would like to make plans instead of being in limbo land....

309/100 defacto visa meds/police check front loaded and sent 9/4/2010. Payment taken CO assigned 13/4/2010. Girls medicals referred 13/4/10 and OH UK police check requested. UK Police check sent 10/5/2010 and waiting.....

Well I wish at the moment that they kept to the time lines that they give just for a reply!!! STILL waiting to hear back about both my daughters medicals (they have a hearing impairement) our CO said should take around 3 weeks till he got a response that was 5 weeks ago :wacko: and our application won't be processed any further until that question is answered. My agent has chased but has had no response. We have the option of the health waiver but until they answer we don't know where we stand or how to proceed. Very frustrating as like everyone else we would like to make plans instead of being in limbo land....

309/100 defacto visa meds/police check front loaded and sent 9/4/2010. Payment taken CO assigned 13/4/2010. Girls medicals referred 13/4/10 and OH UK police check requested. UK Police check sent 10/5/2010 and waiting.....

Good Luck, I hope you hear soon

Guest christinenpete

I think we are in a simular position to you emmaroo. We've been planning this for years, got pretty much everything up together to send to London... but just saving the money up now. :eek:

I think we are in a simular position to you emmaroo. We've been planning this for years, got pretty much everything up together to send to London... but just saving the money up now. :eek:

Yip, pounds & pennies that's what's stopping us applying!

Damn frustrating!:confused:

Good Luck

Emma

just incase anybody elses CO initials are M.R, Ive just rung and he apparently doesnt work there anymore. The person taking over his work is out of the office til june 1st! brilliant.. more delays just what i need. Left a message so we'll see if anyone gets back in touch

Hi Berkandmath,

seems we have the same case officer! So annoyed.... just rang and got the same message. M.R had asked us to send in my partners passport as well so now we're stuck in limbo. Glad you let us know though - we'd have still been patiently waiting if we hadn't seen your post. Grrrr.

Frontloaded Appication handed in in person at australia house 1/3/2010

C/O assigned 3/3/2010

request for aus police check 3/3/2010 (even though partner hasn't lived in aus for a year)

police check sent aprox 1 month later.

Passport requested (by phone not email) beginning of May 2010

NOW no case officer until 1st of June!

Waiting.......:skeptical:

Guest tino
Hi Berkandmath,

seems we have the same case officer! So annoyed.... just rang and got the same message. M.R had asked us to send in my partners passport as well so now we're stuck in limbo. Glad you let us know though - we'd have still been patiently waiting if we hadn't seen your post. Grrrr.

Frontloaded Appication handed in in person at australia house 1/3/2010

C/O assigned 3/3/2010

request for aus police check 3/3/2010 (even though partner hasn't lived in aus for a year)

police check sent aprox 1 month later.

Passport requested (by phone not email) beginning of May 2010

NOW no case officer until 1st of June!

Waiting.......:skeptical:

Can I ask if it is you or your partner who is the applicant?

Guest tino
I'm the aussie and my partner is the applicant (English).

Ah OK thanks - I guess he lived in Oz for a while previously then?

Ah OK thanks - I guess he lived in Oz for a while previously then?

he spent just under a year on a working holiday out there - we didn't include a police check for him from australia as it only asks you too if you have lived in a country for more than 1 year.

Silly mistake really, took ages to get the police check from Aus!

Guest tino
he spent just under a year on a working holiday out there - we didn't include a police check for him from australia as it only asks you too if you have lived in a country for more than 1 year.

Silly mistake really, took ages to get the police check from Aus!

Yes that's what I thought! I hope I don't have to get one then, I lived out there for over 6 months. :wideeyed:

Guest moroney

hi this is my timeline for my defacto visa

6/2/2010-handed in paperwork to aus house london

9/2/2010got case officer asked for aus police check

22/3/2010 handed in polce check for aus

12/05/2010 called co to find out whats happening she said MEEET ALL REQUIREMENTS!!

TOLD HER I AHD TO BE BACK AT WORK SHE ASKED FOR LETTER FROM BOSS STATING DATE TO BE BACK AT WORK MY BOSS SENT IT 18/05/2010 but i dont understand why i am still waiting if i have meet all requirments for my visa can she not just give me my visa label now

SORRY COULD SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY AM I STILL WAITING WHAT AM I WAITNING FOR do they only have a set number of visa they can give on a daily basis please help me PLEASE THANK YOU XXX

They just seem to be really slow at the minute based on what people have posted on here. I think it may also depend on the case work you get.

Once you;ve met the requirements is should be a quick turnaround as far as I am concerned but it isn;t the way it seems to work.

Guest EmilandMarleen
hi this is my timeline for my defacto visa

6/2/2010-handed in paperwork to aus house london

9/2/2010got case officer asked for aus police check

22/3/2010 handed in polce check for aus

12/05/2010 called co to find out whats happening she said MEEET ALL REQUIREMENTS!!

TOLD HER I AHD TO BE BACK AT WORK SHE ASKED FOR LETTER FROM BOSS STATING DATE TO BE BACK AT WORK MY BOSS SENT IT 18/05/2010 but i dont understand why i am still waiting if i have meet all requirments for my visa can she not just give me my visa label now

SORRY COULD SOME ONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY AM I STILL WAITING WHAT AM I WAITNING FOR do they only have a set number of visa they can give on a daily basis please help me PLEASE THANK YOU XXX

Yes I feel the same and I think a lot of other people on this forum do to. We have been waiting since the 17th of February. Our CO doesn't need anything else from us, but all we keep getting told is that is will take between 2-4 months. We have been waiting 3 months now...so I am hoping to hear something soon....but it just seems so inconsistent between cases. We are a married couple with a 9 month old child and we just want to get everything sorted so we can move asap.

Guest berkandmath

hey londonluci.. yeah its super tight, I was so annoyed yesterday. Managed to actually speak to someone that is taking over our case who emailed today saying everything is dandy. So thats a relief.. the email curiously asked when we were hoping to travel, so I honestly put we dont have plans yet but next month would be nice kinda thing. I think 6 months for a visa is long enough, which i stressed on the phone yesterday.

Relief- knowing its going through fine, but why they cant just say yes, give us your passport i dont know why. Non relieving because your still stuck in limbo... these are peoples lives!! If its got the nod, put it through! We gotta start doing stuff, living with parents is not fun!

A snippet of info from my agent. Apparently the Australian migration calendar runs from June - June. So any visa application placed in the first half of the year that can be pushed into July - before being granted - comes out of next years figures. How or why this benefits DIAC I do not know.. I suspect that anyone who doesn't have immediate travel plans will be waiting until July.