SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Yes that's right Eifister! I'm so clueless to the whole process! Yeah I know I should be in Aus!! the baby decided to be high risk and kept dropping his he's heart rate which meant we couldn't fly! And it felt too much to move one After having a baby, he's now 7 months so I'm starting to prepare and now feeling ready. My health is fine now, he was just a little monkey when pregnant! Still is!!!

So so does this mean even though I've applied in the UK I can still move? Or do I have to wait to get it? Yeah that's why Im shocked at waiting times!! They said 9 months a few years ago but took 4 months so I thought it was just a precaution!

Good luck to everyone else applying!! If anyone has any info re the perm it would be so helpful.

Thank you!! :)

OK, please read this. Click on the sub headings and read the info contained in those also as its all relavent.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) allows you to live in Australia if you are the spouse or de facto partner of:

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You lodge only one application for your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart.

You must be outside Australia when you apply and also when the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted. You can be in or outside Australia when Partner visa (subclass 100) is granted.

You have the 309/100 visa. You had it granted and validated it.

Its not a new visa application you are making. Its simply moving into the PR portion of your current visa and the same one will continue provided you meet the requirements for the last couple of years and can prove it. Your CO will ask for information, supporting statements, stat decs and so on to see evidence the relationship is onging.

Does your baby have Aus citizenship by descent and an Aus passport in place already? They may want to see that. Also it means no visa hassles for child to enter Aus and its really simple and straightforward to do while in the UK.

Also this from the partner visa migration booklet. Its worth reading the whole thing over again to refresh in your mind how it all works

Permanent Partner visa processing - If you currently hold a subclass 309 or a subclass 820 visa and it has been 2 years since you lodged your original partner visa application, you may be eligible for processing of your permanent Partner (subclass100 or 801) visa. About 2 months before you are assessed, we will send you a letter or email asking you to provid eadditional documentation to be granted the permanent visa. Whether you applied for your temporary Partner visa using a paper form or online, you can provide this further information online. Use the permanent Partner visa calculator www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/ to help you determine when you are eligible for permanent Partner visa processing.

Edited by Guest
added a bit

OK, please read this. Click on the sub headings and read the info contained in those also as its all relavent.

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/309-

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) allows you to live in Australia if you are the spouse or de facto partner of:

The Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is the first stage towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100). You lodge only one application for your temporary and permanent visas and pay one application charge. Your application is processed in two stages, about two years apart.

You must be outside Australia when you apply and also when the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted. You can be in or outside Australia when Partner visa (subclass 100) is granted.

You have the 309/100 visa. You had it granted and validated it.

Its not a new visa application you are making. Its simply moving into the PR portion of your current visa and the same one will continue provided you meet the requirements for the last couple of years and can prove it. Your CO will ask for information, supporting statements, stat decs and so on to see evidence the relationship is onging.

Does your baby have Aus citizenship by descent and an Aus passport in place already? They may want to see that. Also it means no visa hassles for child to enter Aus and its really simple and straightforward to do while in the UK.

Also this from the partner visa migration booklet. Its worth reading the whole thing over again to refresh in your mind how it all works

Permanent Partner visa processing - If you currently hold a subclass 309 or a subclass 820 visa and it has been 2 years since you lodged your original partner visa application, you may be eligible for processing of your permanent Partner (subclass100 or 801) visa. About 2 months before you are assessed, we will send you a letter or email asking you to provid eadditional documentation to be granted the permanent visa. Whether you applied for your temporary Partner visa using a paper form or online, you can provide this further information online. Use the permanent Partner visa calculator www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/partner/ to help you determine when you are eligible for permanent Partner visa processing.

Thanks so much for all the helpful info guys!

Yes he he does he has his passport ready and waiting (lucky thing). I submitted his passport and birth cert ect so I think they have everything. I did my 888 forms of declaration and my hubby did his 47sp so I think it's just a matter of approval now not sure how long they take to approve the second stage I can't find any info on it either from others.

thanks for all your help!

I have a friend here who applied for the second stage and they quoted her 7-8 months! :S

Thats fine I have enough time as Our flights are booked for July, I called immigration too and I can move whilst my perm visa is being processed so that's all good! Thanks everyone

Yes thats a very fair question! Im glad it worked out! and you have piece of mind now! phew! When is your last date of entry to activate the visa? im trying to work out how long you get, I hear its based on the date of medicals and/or police checks?

They visa clock generally goes from the date of your medical or police check, whichever was done first. Usually, if you do those around the 6 month mark after lodging and then this gives you around 6 months from visa grant in which to validate (assuming it takes another 6 months to finalise and grant).

I undertook my medical and police check at the 3 month mark as requested by my CO. Processing time from lodging to grant was around the 9 month mark at the time. My visa was granted around the 7 month mark so I had 8/9 months or so left on it in which to validate. Had it been granted at 9 months after lodging I'd have had 6 months or so in which to validate.

Made a management decision and took a leaf out of some of your books and got hubby and sdaughter tourist visa's. Then at the weekend booked flights for 6th November!!!!!

I know that's only 8.5 months for us but it means I can get my youngest daughter and sdaughter into school for a few weeks before breaking up for the Xmas holiday. Hopefully they will quickly settle in and make friends and new year, new school, new people in January won't be so daunting for them........

Our 9-10 month mark is literally Xmas day (now wouldn't that be a fab pressie from Santa!) to the end of January which is within the 1st 3 month visa allowance. If it means having to leave and go in again to renew then so be it......could work out very well if visa's do come in that time as the girls will be off school still (they return 26th January) so we could do our leaving for 3 days Singapore stint whilst they are still on holidays!!!

Also 6th November is hubby's birthday....personally I can't think of a better present than a one-way ticket to Brisbane!!!!!! I may get him a little something else to open :-)

If your sdaughter is on a tourist visa she won't be able to attend school iirc. Double check that but am pretty sure thats the case. It may be different for private schools but state ones I am pretty certain they need a residence visa of some sort to enrol.

Don't worry overly if she can't start school. I'd look to having some time exploring, perhaps attending a few clubs or activities and stuff.

Also it may well be the visas are granted before you leave :)

Wow ow supper exciting news JTSpurs another one bites the dust.. So what's the plan of action now then x

All system go now.

Flights to Bali on the 4th November then on to other halfs family in Brisbane on the 11th November. Plan is to be in Melbourne by February!

Can't wait

Hi Snifter

Just pulled up the conditions of the Tourist Visa ETA which is on the Australian Visa Bureau site :

[h=3]What are the conditions of the ETA?[/h]Visitors to Australia must be willing and able to abide by the visa validity and conditions while in Australia. If you do not abide by these conditions, your visa may be cancelled or you may be subject to other penalties.

• You must not work whilst in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable;
  • You must not engage in any studies or training for more than three months;
  • If you are at least 11 years of age and you intend to study in a class-room environment for a period greater than 4 weeks, you may be required to pass a chest x-ray examination before commencing your studies;
  • You must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia;
  • The holder must depart within the validity of the Visitor Visa (ETA); AND
  • If arriving on an ETA with criminal convictions, you could be refused entry into Australia.

My understanding reading that is that 'study' up to three months would surely include school?? And also the class-room environment bit (not a problem if she needs a chest x-ray)? I did read one of your posts about informing CO's and panicked yesterday and uploaded a pdf with info regarding dates and a copy of e-tickets on it asking if that was acceptable. I re-iterated I have got the tourist visas because I want to get the girls in school asap, which CO knew I was stressing about. CO emailed earlier saying yes acceptable.......wouldn't she have said that sdaughter couldn't school? Or is that for me to do the ground work out when talking to the school? I know the head teacher won't even do an interview unless you can prove you have a rental in the catchment - another reason for going then, it could take a couple of weeks to find and secure. I have been told that as we don't have any landlord references as always owned in the Uk that to secure a rental we can pay bond and 6 months upfront which would be prepared to do so school has to interview.......what we do for our kids eh???? (Don't even start me on the dog!)

If I'm wrong and she can't attend school until proper visa issued I can always do a bit of home schooling ;-) I would suggest that just to see the look on her face lol. She would be upset if she can't go to school (yes, really) but my daughter would introduce her to the friends she makes and being girls they just kinda make friends as they go..........

It would be awesome if visa's were granted before then but that would be very early...........

Well done JTSpurs!!!!!

:-)

[TABLE=class: cms_table_cms_table_cms_table_cms_table, width: 650, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]NAME[/TD]

[TD]VISA TYPE[/TD]

[TD]CO[/TD]

[TD]APPLIED[/TD]

[TD]GRANTED[/TD]

[TD]TIME[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ADGT[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]16/09/14[/TD]

[TD]09/06/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]8m 3w 3d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ange[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]18/09/14[/TD]

[TD]01/07/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]9m 1w 6d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]PJd2628[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]DP[/TD]

[TD]19/09/14[/TD]

[TD]16/07/15[/TD]

[TD]9m 3w 6d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]JarvisG[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]23/09/14[/TD]

[TD]09/06/15 (309)[/TD]

[TD]8m 2w 3d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jaclyn Hayes[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]DP[/TD]

[TD]06/10/14[/TD]

[TD]29/07/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]9m 3w 2d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]The Seeker[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]WP[/TD]

[TD]06/10/14[/TD]

[TD]06/08/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]10m 0w 0d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Croker[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]09/10/14[/TD]

[TD]06/08/15[/TD]

[TD]9m 4w 0d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Helen Jonah[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]IP[/TD]

[TD]09/10/14[/TD]

[TD]04/08/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]9m 3w 5d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Lea211[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]09/10/14[/TD]

[TD](TBC 25/08/15)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GW150688[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]13/10/14[/TD]

[TD]04/08/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]9m 3w 1d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AW12[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]19/10/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Damien Edwards[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]CF[/TD]

[TD]22/10/14[/TD]

[TD]28/08/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]10m 1w 6d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tom200sx[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]CF[/TD]

[TD]25/10/14[/TD]

[TD]07/08/15[/TD]

[TD]9m 1w 6d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lollipop1804[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KC[/TD]

[TD]29/10/14[/TD]

[TD]25/08/15[/TD]

[TD]9m 3w 4d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]alansuspect[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]OH[/TD]

[TD]04/11/14[/TD]

[TD]25/08/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]9m 3w 0d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]JTSpurs[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]DP[/TD]

[TD]04/11/14[/TD]

[TD]03/09/2015[/TD]

[TD]10m 0w 1d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lozzzz74[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]DP[/TD]

[TD]04/11/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mirella[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]IP[/TD]

[TD]05/11/14[/TD]

[TD]25/08/15[/TD]

[TD]9m 3w 1d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]JenNT[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]DP[/TD]

[TD]11/11/14[/TD]

[TD]12/08/15 (100)[/TD]

[TD]9m 0w 1d[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Pookie72[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]WP[/TD]

[TD]15/11/14[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gbamber[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]LC[/TD]

[TD]18/11/14[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mrsguvs[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]CF[/TD]

[TD]28/11/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Laura Smith[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]LC[/TD]

[TD]18/12/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Eifster[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]22/12/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wan2go[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]22/12/14[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lp77[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]DP[/TD]

[TD]24/12/14[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]bobby122[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]OH[/TD]

[TD]27/12/14[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bronyuar[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]CF[/TD]

[TD]31/12/14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]nadini777[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]31/12/14[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Snowy5100[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]31/12/14[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ballbox[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]15/01/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]SiobhanandLee[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]22/01/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]ozmichelle[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KP[/TD]

[TD]29/01/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]lewnee[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]09/02/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Luc81[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]RN[/TD]

[TD]17/02/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Yorkshire123[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]18/02/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]michaelwowser[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]28/02/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]DafK[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]02/03/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gazdad[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD]16/03/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melibios[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LC[/TD]

[TD]17/03/15[/TD]

[TD]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]CameronsDad[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]23/03/15

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Annaleis[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]LG[/TD]

[TD]25/03/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]unclejames[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KP[/TD]

[TD]15/04/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Melbourne maz[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]L[/TD]

[TD]06/05/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]sashabelle74[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]07/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]GooseRenders[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]OH[/TD]

[TD]11/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Fairview70[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]WP[/TD]

[TD]12/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Jen44[/TD]

[TD]PMV 300[/TD]

[TD]JM[/TD]

[TD]19/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Keep me in oz[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]KP[/TD]

[TD]19/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Marlou[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]21/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Maverick[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]21/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Bound4Tassie[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]23/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Aussiegirl[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Geoff1710[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]LJD90[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Panda[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Rockinrobin[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD]VF[/TD]

[TD]24/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Wkdstyle[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]30/06/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]rayrachel[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]07/07/15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]tracy8099[/TD]

[TD]309/100[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]12/08/15[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I went to the bridge wan2go, they were really lovely and very quick! (Beware, if you are a girl, you'll get groped good and proper on the breast area!!) 

All the good vibes worked, thanks heaps - I had my medical today and the doc has given me an 'A'!! Woop! Small chance it may still get referred for the A Fib, but she said not to worry. I should have asked for a refund though.....didn't get my chesticles felt......never even had to take my t-shirt off!!

@Eifster - looks like I'm back in the race!

PS Congrats @JTSpurs!

Edited by Wan2go

All the good vibes worked, thanks heaps - I had my medical today and the doc has given me an 'A'!! Woop! Small chance it may still get referred for the A Fib, but she said not to worry. I should have asked for a refund though.....didn't get my chesticles felt......never even had to take my t-shirt off!!

@Eifster - looks like I'm back in the race!

PS Congrats @JTSpurs!

i would have definitely ask for a refund :tongue::wink: