SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Hi everyone.

I have decided to take a chance and book my flights to Australia on the 16th December.I am hoping that due to the recent grant coming in around the nine month mark that my visa will be approved around November. The reason for this is my work contract finishes in December and my partner would like to be home for Christmas with her family. Also there was a bargain flight to Bali with a week hotel stay then on to Sydney for the same price of a direct flight.

My stats are:

Visa applied for 309\100 hoping for straight to 100

Applied 18-02-2015

Co assigned 10-03-2015 (vf)

Medical & police check 04-03-2015, early but didn't know I had to wait

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks

Might be a bit optimistic!! My CO told me to expect mine granted in December and I applied 2 months before you.

Hi cameronsdad

unfortunatly no heads up just thinking along the lines of possibly getting it granted before I arrive or staying on an e-visitor, I have savings and my job finishes here in December. I would be staying with family when I arrive which should keep costs down.

hi Bobby,

i completly agree, it's wishful thinking by me although the last few grants on here have arrived within the 8-9 month timeframe which with any luck it's not the 10-14.

also if anyone knows how to get a phone number for your case officer it would be appreciated

thanks

Fingers crossed anyway, you never know! At least all is not lost and even if it isn't granted by then you can go on a visitor visa.

You never know, I did start looking at working holiday visas also but I think I will just wait and see.

im also considering staying in Bali for a bit longer as it seems really cheap. The main reason I'm going so soon though is my partner has not had Christmas with her family for the past four years and it's probably worth risking it for the sake of a month or two.

Just out of interest Yorkshire123 where did you find the deal via Bali?

We're looking to do something similar when we fly out at the end Oct/Start Nov.

hi jtspurs,

STA travel for the flights Manchester-Dubai with Cathay Pacific. Bali to Sydney Virgin Australia and the hotel is through booking.com on kuta beach. I think it only worked out £50 more to do it that way instead of a direct flight.

Woohoo it's such an amazing feeling to finally get application in, over excited is an understatement :laugh: a busy 10/14 mths ahead but I'm on top of the world. I'm sure u all know what I'm feeling.... Come on Aussiegirl yr next Hunni :))

Join the Queue!

How we Brits love a queue!! Thought I'd pass a bit of time whilst I'm waiting and make a list of applicants from when the application was submitted.

Please add yourself if I've missed you off, or have had your visa granted. Turns out there's a fair few of us and I'm sure a few silent members/guests out there.

August14 14/08/14

JarvisG 17/09/14

ange 18/09/14

PJd 2628 19/09/14

Jaclyn Hayes 06/10/14

Lea211 09/10/14

alansuspect 04/11/14

JTSpurs 04/11/14

Mirella 05/11/14

JenNT 11/11/14

Pookie72 15/11/14

Gbamber 18/11/14

Mrsguvs 28/11/14

Wan2go 22/12/14

Eifster 22/12/14

lp77 24/12/14

bobby122 27/12/14

nadini777 31/12/14

Snowy5100 31/12/14

Bronyaur 31/12/14

SiobhanandLee 22/01/15

ozmichelle 29/01/15

lewnee 09/02/15

Luc81 17/02/15

Yorkshire123 18/02/15

michaelwowser 28/02/15

DafK 02/03/15

Gazdad 16/03/15

Melibios 17/03/15

CameronsDad 23/03/15

Melbourne maz 03/05/15

Bound4Tassie ???

Jen44 ???

LJD90 ???

@Pookie72 I'm going to mess up the list - sorry. I've just had email confirmation from my CO that I can postpone my medical until the end of September. Got a bit of a technical hitch and didn't seem any point having a medical without enough info from my (newly acquired!) consultant. @Eifster you are going to have to romp on ahead without me......:sad:

What happened wan2go?

Just an unwanted case of Paroxysmal Atrial Fibrillation....(doc said I was too young to have it, not often someone says that when you are over 50 {ish/just/sort of}lol) And with H2B on the other side of the world it has been hell since Feb! Had I known about it in Oz in January it would probably all be sorted out now - the NHS can work very slowly (but I am taking that as a good sign of being 'non-urgent'), there just must be a lot of us poorly people about. CO agreed that it was better to postpone the medical for now. Hopefully it will just be a matter of getting the drugs right (on my 4th variety already!).

My new ringtone is 'Goodness Gracious Me' by Peter Sellers - for those too young, Google it!:laugh: Gotta keep a sense of humour.....

HI everyone, first time poster but long time reader...

I submitted application on 4/11/14 and had CO assigned 27/11/14 (DP). I see people who applied around the same time as me have submitted their police checks and medicals - did you get told to do this or did you do it off your own backs? I ask as I have had no correspondence since December and it seems like a long time!

HI everyone, first time poster but long time reader...

I submitted application on 4/11/14 and had CO assigned 27/11/14 (DP). I see people who applied around the same time as me have submitted their police checks and medicals - did you get told to do this or did you do it off your own backs? I ask as I have had no correspondence since December and it seems like a long time!

Hi, Read the email your CO sent you, everyone whos been allocated a CO is given dates in the email to organise health and police checks. There will also be a HAP id number which you give to the clinic carrying out the health checks. Normally your told to proceed we these 5/6 months after CO emails you.

By the way, what visa is it your applying for?

Hi, Read the email your CO sent you, everyone whos been allocated a CO is given dates in the email to organise health and police checks. There will also be a HAP id number which you give to the clinic carrying out the health checks. Normally your told to proceed we these 5/6 months after CO emails you.

By the way, what visa is it your applying for?

Its the 309 visa. My original letter just said wait 6 months before getting the checks done, no specific dates. Do you get notified again that you should get the medical or just wait 6 months like it says in the original letter? I was led to believe in other correspondence I have had with them that you get the go ahead. I am going to get this all done anyway, just concerned at the lack of activity...

Hi everyone, I will update the waiting list after the weekend (work commitments... Bleurghhhh) and add on all the newbies (congrats for getting your applications in! :-) yayyyy! Happy dance!!)

Sorry to to hear your news Wan2go, hope they get your meds sorted out soon.

Have a good weekend everyone

Pookie xx

Its the 309 visa. My original letter just said wait 6 months before getting the checks done, no specific dates. Do you get notified again that you should get the medical or just wait 6 months like it says in the original letter? I was led to believe in other correspondence I have had with them that you get the go ahead. I am going to get this all done anyway, just concerned at the lack of activity...

Hi, The lack of activity is a good sign really, Your CO is satisfied with the info you have provided and yes its probably a good idea to get the meds and police check done now. Dont expect anyone to inform you that all is well after the meds because they dont. So if you dont hear anything after a week its a good sign.

We have DP and our email said exactly the same. Wait 6 months for the medical and police checks but no specific date.

Edited by PJd2628

Hi all,

very early I know but I booked my flights this morning

manchester-Bali via Hong Kong with Cathay Pacific

6 nights in Bali

bali- Sydney with Virgin Australia

leaving the UK on the 08-12-15

arriving in Australia 16-12-15

if anyone else is planning a direct flight it is roughly the same price to go to Bali as well

as every month goes by the more excited I get

as always thoughts and comments appreciated

thanks