SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

Guest Bazinga
Finally I've been assigned my CO and have my medical booked for tomorrow. I haven't been asked to provide any further information other than UK & AUS Police Clearances. Can anyone tell me, does that mean that my application should be successful? The only reason they would have to refuse would be if I failed something on the medical exam?? The reason I ask is that I'm planning on applying for a tourist visa as soon as the medical is out of the way! :)

That's what happened for us but I think visitor visas are only 3 months and you have a minimum 4 month wait

Guest Loz from Oz

Hi all, I am very excited to say my partners visa 309 has been approved!!!! We are very happy as he can now put his notice in at work and book flights :-) I have been so pleased with how easy the process has been, once the application was submitted. A lot easier than I thought!! We can't exactly remember when we sent the application in but we think it was end of oct/early nov.

CO (DP) assigned Nov 10th 2011

Meds recieved nov 21st 2011

Visa approved March 8th 2012

He will be moving to Brisbane late April!!!

I hope everyone else who is waiting recieve good news soon :-)))

Good Luck

Guest laroo76
Hi all, I am very excited to say my partners visa 309 has been approved!!!! We are very happy as he can now put his notice in at work and book flights :-) I have been so pleased with how easy the process has been, once the application was submitted. A lot easier than I thought!! We can't exactly remember when we sent the application in but we think it was end of oct/early nov.

CO (DP) assigned Nov 10th 2011

Meds recieved nov 21st 2011

Visa approved March 8th 2012

He will be moving to Brisbane late April!!!

I hope everyone else who is waiting recieve good news soon :-)))

Good Luck

That's amazing!! Congrats! We will be joining you in Brisbane once our visa comes through!! Do u know what area you'll be living? We r thinking the Redland bay area but will have to see where my husband finds work. Good luck with it all!

Guest nick2704

I posted my 309/100 application to London yesterday 8/3/12, special delivery so it will be with them by 1pm today!!

OH moves back to Perth in 3 weeks when his youth mobility visa expires, so it will be a long lonely wait :(

Hoping that it comes through by August. A huge thank you to everyone on these forums, they have been the best resource in year we have been preparing our application!!

Guest Loz from Oz
That's amazing!! Congrats! We will be joining you in Brisbane once our visa comes through!! Do u know what area you'll be living? We r thinking the Redland bay area but will have to see where my husband finds work. Good luck with it all!

We will be looking around Paddington, Ashgrove area I think. As close to town as possible :-) I've been living with my Mum since I moved back so will be so happy to start looking for places with my partner :-))

Hope your visa doesn't take too much longer :-)

Guest muffinbuns

LozFromOz are we the same person?! I'm in Brisbane waiting for my partner's visa to come through as well. Hopefully should only be another month...fingers crossed! Congrats to everyone who has been granted recently.

Guest waffquinze
That's what happened for us but I think visitor visas are only 3 months and you have a minimum 4 month wait

Thanks Bazinga, I was planning on applying for the 676 tourist visa for 6 months to allow the processing time of the 309. It seems as though the general waiting time seems to be around 4.5 months. I'll then pop over to Bali when the visa is ready to be granted!

Guest Loz from Oz
LozFromOz are we the same person?! I'm in Brisbane waiting for my partner's visa to come through as well. Hopefully should only be another month...fingers crossed! Congrats to everyone who has been granted recently.

HAHA......maybe we are?? Well I hope the next month goes quick for the both of us :-))

Guest laroo76
Congrats loz from oz - good to see the November ones coming through. Hopefully a few more early Novembers - including ours - will start happening!

Ours is November too!! I cant wait to be able to post that ours has come through, please let it be soon, I want to get started selling the house, organising removalists etc...

Guest laroo76

At what time in the day do you think is the latest that they will grant visa before they go home? Its so sad but I always look at my watch and when its 4.55pm think, well it may come through in the next 5 mins. Sad I know!

Guest laroo76
It's too late for today laroo76! Thing to do is not to stress for the weekend and start all over again on Monday.:arghh:

LOL! I know another week down!! I always start Mondays thinking, it will be this week, then by 4.55pm Friday, Im thinking Cmon,, give me something to celebrate for the weekend!! lol :eek:

Guest laroo76

I emailed our CO and they said the standard 5-6 months, so early April to May, but then they said "possibly March", and they will try to process quicker. Its been 4 months, 5 days, 6 hours, and 27 no 28 minutes.. not that Im counting....:wideeyed:

I emailed our CO and they said the standard 5-6 months, so early April to May, but then they said "possibly March", and they will try to process quicker. Its been 4 months, 5 days, 6 hours, and 27 no 28 minutes.. not that Im counting....:wideeyed:

Who is your CO Lasroo 76

Guest nimhug
WP, she seems lovely, just wish something would come through.

Laroo76, I have WP too, she has been out of the office all week but due to return Monday 12TH! Hopefully your visa will be the first thing she does Monday morning!! Fingers crossed!

Guest laroo76
Laroo76, I have WP too, she has been out of the office all week but due to return Monday 12TH! Hopefully your visa will be the first thing she does Monday morning!! Fingers crossed!

I really thought ours would come through this week, so that makes me feel hopeful for next week if she was away!

Hi Everyone I applied for a 309 visa and my money was taken on 22 Feb 12 but I have not heard anything. It is driving me crazy. OH went home to Oz last week to work and I am waiting on my visa in order to follow asap. I have a few questions that I am seeking advice on. Should I chase up my application as others on this forum seem to be allocated a case officer within days? If yes then does anyone know how I chase it up? Also, can anyone tell me does your always CO tell you if your visa is being approved even though you have to wait months for it? It is the not knowing that is killing me, the uncertainty. I will be better once I know even though I have to wait if you see what I mean.

Many thank for any advice

Guest nick2704

Hi ScOz,

I posted my 309 application on Thursday and money was taken on Friday, but If I hear nothing this week about a C/O then I will call them next monday morning, I think a week or so is a reasonable time and you have been waiting longer than that so you could perhaps call them or send an enquiry on the DIAC contact form, I always received a reply within a couple of days using the contact form. You could always just say that you are wondering if they need any more info?

This is the contact page of the High Commission website, you should be able to find contact details here: http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/contact.html

The waiting is awful, I hear that. My OH leaves Glasgow for Perth in 3 weeks now and I am not looking forward to the waiting.

Hope you hear back soon, let us know!!

Nick