move back?

Guest donnarose

Guest nikkichap
hi thanks for your reply. we have be told that my husband as to look for another job because he is not bringing in the sales and they are not getting the business. he as only been working for them for 10 months. we are on a visa 457 and i thought they would of gave him longer before letting him go. the company have brought over another person to work in the company but in another part of australia and we dont know why they brought him over if they cant afford to keep my husband on. it doesnt seem right and gave up everthing to come here with our three children. does the company have to wait until he gets another job before they let him go. they told him to star tlooking right away. what if he doesnt find anywhere else, we need his money as we have nothing else to live on. where do we go for help and can we apply for another visa? hope you can help or anyone else out there.

Hi Hun, sorry you are having such a **** time. I can't offer much advise but just wanted you to know i'm thinking about you:hug:. It's always the risk on a 475 visa. We are also on a 475. It's a shame so many people are finding themselves in this situation. The only advice I would give and it's not aimed at you but for others that are on a 475. Try and save money each month as you never know what is round the corner. I know it's easier said than done but it helps to have a bit of money to fall back on.

I really hope your situation is sorted out and your hubby can find another job. It seems very unfair that they are letting him go and keeping the other bloke on. :arghh:

I'm sure you will get lots of useful advise from people on this site. Try and stay positive.

Nikki

hi thanks for your reply. we have be told that my husband as to look for another job because he is not bringing in the sales and they are not getting the business. he as only been working for them for 10 months. we are on a visa 457 and i thought they would of gave him longer before letting him go. the company have brought over another person to work in the company but in another part of australia and we dont know why they brought him over if they cant afford to keep my husband on. it doesnt seem right and gave up everthing to come here with our three children. does the company have to wait until he gets another job before they let him go. they told him to star tlooking right away. what if he doesnt find anywhere else, we need his money as we have nothing else to live on. where do we go for help and can we apply for another visa? hope you can help or anyone else out there.

Good luck with the job hunting!

If the employer brought you over and paid for you to move here then I think they may have to pay relocation costs. Otherwise you will have the 28 days and have to fund your return yourselves. It really is one of the big risks with the 457 visa.

Unfortunately companies have no soul and they do what is best for their shareholders so they arent obligated very much at all.

Hi just like to say that I'm in a very similar situation to you. I've been here for 7 months and probably cried for nearly 6 of them! my husband and i have had our problems over the years, as do a lot of couples but i think we just chose to ignore them, for the sake of our kids.

Moving to Oz and not having any of our 'normal' life distractions has highlighted all of our problems and we've decided to call it a day.

I'm moving back to my mum's with our 3 children, its not ideal and it's going to be cramped, especially after living here in a big open plan house, but I know it's for the best.

I love my husband, but I'm not in love with him, He loves Australia, I don't believe its the place its made out to be.

I go back on the 8th April and he will follow after he has sold our land, but not to be with me, for the sake of our children.

I would of love for this to of worked, but the loneliness is too much to bare and I miss everything!

I can't wait for the kids to be back in a proper education, and wear proper shoes!!!

Originally I was dreading telling the children, as they hated it so much when we first came and they are finally finding their feet, but they are soooo exvcited about going back and are even crossing the days off the calender.

I've met lots of people who absolutely love it here, and I think that's great. However its not for me. Maybe I'm just too English! I'm not sure, but roll on the 8th!!

i've noticed that a lot of english who love it here (families i mean) are the type who don't want too much of a social life and came here for the space, privacy,etc

my parents moved here in 87 and they virtually have no friends and see them once in a blue moon and guess what? they don't care

Hi this happened to a family i know and to be honest your hubbys boss sems half decent as the poor guy i know was just finshed on the spot!

They contacted Cheryl Bird info@ozmigrationagency.com.au she was great and helped and advised them on what to do. With alot of determintaion and clocking up a few km's travelling QLD this family managed to find a company to take over the sponsership just before their deadline was up to leave the country.

Good Luck with everything and i hope you too can find another employer to take over the sponsership.

Cal x

I am currently living in England..WoW...

I've just got made redundant from British Steel, who, yes thats right this once true brirtish company that this tosspot goverment allowed to be given to foreign investors to pillage and close... I dont see this goverment stopping people entering the UK to take British jobs do you!!....Fact that austrailia is protecting its own peoples jobs is a credit and fact that the USA is increasing import tax to protect its own industry again is a credit, what is UK doing,Nothing but allowing foreign investers to pillage this country until one day Great Britain relies solely on imports..

Im sorry but after being made redundant after paying 20 years into the system only to be told sorry your not entitled to zip but joe bloggs whos just come off a plane from X can have free housing, benefits and hospital treatment.....Can you blame me from wanting to leave this not so great britain!!!!

One sure way to find friends is through your local church. You don't have to be a big church goer, but it would give you something to do and would defo get you meeting people....

Best of luck with whatever happens.....

I suffered enormous depression whilst isolated here, I never settled. I go home next week and feel like a weights been lifted from my shoulders.

Guest snow white

good luck to all who decide that they will be staying in oz or going home the main thing is your happy with the decision you have made wishing you all the bery best for the future

lesley x

I can totally relate to the feelings of isolation and loneliness. It's such a horrible way to feel.:sad: I've tried hard to make friends, gave out my number to other mums that i've met when taking the kids to parties, tried to get a job, offered to help out in the school, even when I take my boys to after school clubs the other mums don't want to know. :arghh:I feel like I'm not living just existing. After 6 months I just can't do it anymore. I've got 7 weeks to go before I go home and it can't come quick enough. Today is my birthday and I am feel really lonely. Yes I have my OH and boys but getting email "Happy Birthday" isn't the same.

Nikki

I know what you mean - one year I even forgot it was my birthday... until mid morning when happened to glance at calendar on desk - also I have had, I think 3 Christmases on my own - can remember buying several bottles of wine and watching Wizard of Oz on Telly and crying all day - and spending Boxing Day in bed. Not that bad now - that was after I split from husband and although we were still friends his parents blamed it on me and didn't want to know - so didn't get invited to Christmas family things - even though they knew I was on my own, which I thought was cruel! Also haven't made any 'real' friends in whole time I've been here - have boyfriend now of 8 + years and have met a few of his mates who are nice but don't see them or anyone else very often. I was introduced to friend of boyfriend's sister and had a lovely time - Yum Cha lunch and then back to their place and sat around pool drinking wine - been a long time since I'd done anything like that - but distance is a problem - miles and miles away.

I know what you mean - one year I even forgot it was my birthday... until mid morning when happened to glance at calendar on desk - also I have had, I think 3 Christmases on my own - can remember buying several bottles of wine and watching Wizard of Oz on Telly and crying all day - and spending Boxing Day in bed. Not that bad now - that was after I split from husband and although we were still friends his parents blamed it on me and didn't want to know - so didn't get invited to Christmas family things - even though they knew I was on my own, which I thought was cruel! Also haven't made any 'real' friends in whole time I've been here - have boyfriend now of 8 + years and have met a few of his mates who are nice but don't see them or anyone else very often. I was introduced to friend of boyfriend's sister and had a lovely time - Yum Cha lunch and then back to their place and sat around pool drinking wine - been a long time since I'd done anything like that - but distance is a problem - miles and miles away.

i can relate to that

i've met some fun people in sydney suburbs who i can click with, the only problem being is i hardly ever see them

the bottom line line it's a very cliquey place and people like a lot of space and privacy here

it suits some people but not others such as me or you

• 4 weeks later...
Guest donnarose

hi i haven't been on for a while but heres the latest. me and hubby are no longer a item. so where does that leave me? he thinks we can return to uk and for me and kids to stay with my mother and father, no chance. i dont have nothing to do with her or him anymore as she and him have no time for me. he will stay with his brother so what help will i get? where can i go with three children and no home?

Please advise asp.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pegasus 90
I am currently living in England..WoW...

I've just got made redundant from British Steel, who, yes thats right this once true brirtish company that this tosspot goverment allowed to be given to foreign investors to pillage and close... I dont see this goverment stopping people entering the UK to take British jobs do you!!....Fact that austrailia is protecting its own peoples jobs is a credit and fact that the USA is increasing import tax to protect its own industry again is a credit, what is UK doing,Nothing but allowing foreign investers to pillage this country until one day Great Britain relies solely on imports..

Im sorry but after being made redundant after paying 20 years into the system only to be told sorry your not entitled to zip but joe bloggs whos just come off a plane from X can have free housing, benefits and hospital treatment.....Can you blame me from wanting to leave this not so great britain!!!!

Sorry Yorkshireclan, it ain't much different here. Australian companies are selling out to The Chinese & Japanese. Australia has virtually no manufacturing left; it sells all the raw product to everyone who wants it; then buys it back as a complete product!!. The West Australian govt is handing out mining & gas exploration licences to overseas companies for a pittance & meanwhile our taxes are going sky high.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy, I hope you find something else.

I have not read all the threads so im sorry if I repeat someone...Can I just be a gloomy voice worst case senario....If you and hubby split up you will find it very very difficult to take the kids back to uk with you without him....so if you want to go back do it now!!! GOOD LUCK

hi, Have you considered moving somewhere else in Australia, totally understand how you feel, its hard , very hard and for me especially ive been in and out of hospital since the day i arrived , my body decided to go on melt down with all the stress and strain , ive found it hard to cope with it all, I hope you get sorted, but honestly from my friends back in the uk they all say its awful people loosing there jobs, remember which i try to do ..........ALL THE PEOPLE BACK IN THE UK YOU KNOW YOUVE BUILT THOSE FRIENDSHIPS UP OVER YEARS, Its like starting again , it is a lonely hard road but hopefully we will all come out better and stronger people for our journeys through life and we will find ourselfs once more IT JUST TAKES TIME.

Guest jewels1356

how about a move or a diffrent state theirs loads of uk peps up hear that would welcome you cuppa tea aint that suppose to cure all ills but a shoulder and freindly face might help

julie'

Guest Summer

Can i just say... my hubby and i (plus 3 kids)moved from london to Tasmania im March last year..... (oh im Australian by the way and i have lived in the UK for 23yrs) after going over 3 times in 5 years for a holiday and to see my family we decided to up and go to Tassie hubby got a spouce visa in 6 weeks and the kids got Citizenship because of me.... well lets just say after 6 months i was back home in UK... i hated every minute of it... no friends.. the family i had there where a waste of space.....they didnt offer any help at all... all i kept getting when i asked about how something worked ie family assistance i was told " you should know your an Ozzie" but they forgot that i hadnt lived there for 23yrs!!! by the way im only 37!!!!!!! So i have to say the best thing i could have done was to come back HOME to UK .. i was lucky enough to have my mum who put all 5 of us up for 7 weeks!!! they kids seem so much happier that we are home and so am i and hubby.... dont reget one minute of the move i just put it down to a very expensive mistake!!!! Anyway i hope everything works out for you what ever u decide!!!

Archived