school paperwork needed for oz ?

Dawny

My daughter is due to start senior school this september, and as we are only just lodging our visa application now, she will more than likely be there for at least a year, The question is would i need all her school records from junior school or would the senior school ones be enough to take with us, Also what exactly do they need regarding school paperwork, is it attendance records etc, Many thanks

Guest Janeloz

Hi

I'd be interested in the answer to this aswell, as my two boys have been home schooled for almost 3 years, so we have no school paperwork to show (not any recent paperwork anyway). Both will be going to school when we get to Oz, although that probably won't be for another year yet, when I think the younger one will need to do the last year of primary and the older one will go into high school.

Jane

Guest oz hopefuls

Hi Dawny,

Am very interested to hear replies to this thread as we're in a similar situation. I know for sure that all oz schools require child's immunisation history, but not sure about school reports, entrance exam results, etc?

Mary

Hi All,

I am in need of same info as well. i have just emailed a friend that has just started her kids in school in Perth - 1 in state and 1 in private school. Once she lets me know I will post her reply on this thread....if someone doesn't do it first.

Sue x

Guest snow white

hi all

all i needed for the visa were school exam passes or reports nothing more as for when they started school here all i asked for was the last years school reports for each child

hope this helps

lesley x

hi all

all i needed for the visa were school exam passes or reports nothing more as for when they started school here all i asked for was the last years school reports for each child

hope this helps

lesley x

Thanks Lesley, thats a great help. x

Hi All,

I am in need of same info as well. i have just emailed a friend that has just started her kids in school in Perth - 1 in state and 1 in private school. Once she lets me know I will post her reply on this thread....if someone doesn't do it first.

Sue x

Thank you Sue, it would be good to hear what your friend says, look forward to hearing from you x

Guest snow white

when your children go for their school interview all the school require is proof of their visa and birth certificate permanent address in oz , but they like to see their school reports to determine which school year to place them in because of the difference between here and uk

Lesley x

when your children go for their school interview all the school require is proof of their visa and birth certificate, but they like to see their school reports to determine which school year to place them in because of the difference between here and uk

Lesley x

Hi Lesley, so do you think i will need the paperwork from her junior school, or just the year she will do in senior school, or to be on the safe side do both!! x

Guest snow white
I suppose so, not really sure what other info they would need. :wacko:

hi dawn

all they require is their last years school reports and as i previously said to enroll them you need birth certs visa grant and proof of permanent address in oz

lesley x

hi dawn

all they require is their last years school reports and as i previously said to enroll them you need birth certs visa grant and proof of permanent address in oz

lesley x

many thanks Lesley x

Guest snow white
many thanks Lesley x

your welcome hon anytime im off to bed soon wont get up in the morning catch u all later im sure

Lesley xx

None of the schools I know are the least bit interested in anything except passport with visa, permanent address and innoculation records. Placement in grade is dependent on age. Most kids in Australia who travel between schools dont take their records with them. Schools like to do their own assessments of where the kid sits with respect to other children.

However there is an exception and that is if you have a child with a disability in which case bring every scrap of paper, assessments, plans and reports that you have ever had.

None of the schools I know are the least bit interested in anything except passport with visa, permanent address and innoculation records. Placement in grade is dependent on age. Most kids in Australia who travel between schools dont take their records with them. Schools like to do their own assessments of where the kid sits with respect to other children.

However there is an exception and that is if you have a child with a disability in which case bring every scrap of paper, assessments, plans and reports that you have ever had.

many thanks quoll,

Hi Dawn,

Had an email today form friend that has receently arrived in Perth and she says the same as snow white and quoll "you will need their medical books to show they have had their jabs, last report and their birth certificates" She has also warned us of the costs in enroling kids not just the uniform (we have that here and its not cheap) but books and voluntary contributions..does not seem too bad though.

I think though as my eldest is in his GCSE years I will take his course work and reports from individual teachers (they have offered to do this). My 6 year old though should just slot in quite easily.

All the best Dawn.

Sue x

Guest snow white

it is expensive as your constantly paying for trips and uniforms and school books roughly $200 per year per student for school books and required items

lesley x

Thanks Lesley,

My friends kids have only been at school since the start of term so probably not had a true perspective of the cost yet so will keep in mind what you say.

in England it does seem like you are constantly paying out as well, never really sat and worked out the costs!!! I think the kids have more wear a colour day than they do school uniform!!

Sue x

Hi Dawn,

Had an email today form friend that has receently arrived in Perth and she says the same as snow white and quoll "you will need their medical books to show they have had their jabs, last report and their birth certificates" She has also warned us of the costs in enroling kids not just the uniform (we have that here and its not cheap) but books and voluntary contributions..does not seem too bad though.

I think though as my eldest is in his GCSE years I will take his course work and reports from individual teachers (they have offered to do this). My 6 year old though should just slot in quite easily.

All the best Dawn.

Sue x

Thanks Sue, didn't know you have to pay to enrol kids into school eeek.. But i did know about other costs, Our kids will be 11 , 8 and 6 years.. so looks like that will be costly, Many thanks again you have all been really helpfull, and thankyou for the good wishes xx

Archived