Tradies - Job Leads

Guest lovediving

hi all im a brickie in adelaide,just thought i would let you know the big house builders here have started cutting there prices down.only 5% for now but it may mean a cut in wages for people.there still seems to be work around so its not all doom and gloom.cheers mark.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WELDER LOOKING FOR WORK GC/SOUTH BRISBANE/NORTHERN NSW

My partner is a MIG Welder with 11 years experience, but no formal qualifications. We were being sponsored by an automotive company on the GC, but they are closing down by the end of the month!

Does anyone know of any companies that are looking for welders? We would be willing to pay for the government fees that apply to be a sponsor, which in total is $345.

Any contacts would be sooooo appreciated, we need to find a company within 28 days and are so desperate to stay here. :unsure:

Guest gizmoe

If there is any Flooring Installers out there that may want to relocate to a quiet Rural Western Qld town approx 450 km's west of Brisbane, I can give you work.

We are a Flooring & Furniture Business that does all types of Dommestic & Commercial Flooring.

We currently sell & Install Carpet, Carpet Tiles, Vinyl, Laminate, Engineered Timber, Vinyl Plank, Ceramics, Stone & Epoxy Flooring.

I can give 5 days/week & weekends if you want, but it will be a mixture of carpet & vinyl in both dommestic & smaller commercial situations.

If you have any experience in Ceramic tiling that will be an extra advantage to you as well.

You will need your own vehicle & tools, although we do have some equipment such as a Concrete grinder, Polivac, Staple Guns etc etc.

If required I'm sure we can come to an arrangement for a house to rent.

You can email me @ hallstile@westnet.com.au

Michael Dorrough

Ph: 07 46 224 186

Fax:07 46 223 376

hi all im a brickie in adelaide,just thought i would let you know the big house builders here have started cutting there prices down.only 5% for now but it may mean a cut in wages for people.there still seems to be work around so its not all doom and gloom.cheers mark.

Hi Mark what's the situation like for plumbers in Adelaide at the moment?

Guest sazzle76

OH is a fully qualified Panel Beater with 15yrs experience looking for any type of job temp/perm hopefully July time.

will have permanent residency. QLD or NSW prefered but will consider anywhere.

Guest rayme

hey moving to brisbane alone,never been before! worried about wok situation,ive good experience of brickwork and stonework, anyone help me out a bit ???:unsure:

Great thread...Well done to the OP :notworthy:

My husband is a roof slater & tiler with his AQFIII....Here in the Uk, he has over 10 years experience, 4 years of that he has been running his own business, with alot of his work coming from builders

We are heading to either WA or Queensland

(Im not sure that anything will come of this post.......But, you dont know, unless you try):yes:

Guest Chrissy
hi giggles seen your reply to a thread im a carpenter joiner aswell and were headed to perth in june this year. Where about are you? you say you cant find work is that due to the credit crunch?

Hi there, we have been here since November 2008 and live in nth lakes, brisbane, hubby had his own carpentry business in england and since weve been here he hasnt even had an interview! its terrible here in this area, anyone thinking of coming to brisbane to look for carpentry work, HOLD OFF!!! we may even be home by the summer!

Guest Chrissy
Hey there hope you have found work, i am pleased to say my hubby found a fantasic job paying great money and its permanant not subbiying the company has tons of work he was flown to sydney and they put him up in a fab apartment all paid for all food paid for so it was worth the wait keep your chin up something will turn up best of luck tricia

HI there, just read your note about hubby getting work in sydney (congrats) thats fab news. Do they require any more chippies (hubby is very experienced). we are getting desperate. :( hope to hear.

Guest Chrissy
hey moving to brisbane alone,never been before! worried about wok situation,ive good experience of brickwork and stonework, anyone help me out a bit ???:unsure:

HI, as Ive mentioned in my other posts, its terrible in Brisbane. We have friends who are also brickies and cant find work... if you have work in the UK stay there as long as you can, its not a good time here, believe me, be patient, it will work out in the end. Good luck.

Guest janeubu

qualified bricklayer with 12 years experince looking for work in sunshine coast area, willing to travel though.

just moved to australia with my wife and 4 children from england. i have a permament skilled visa, queensland driving licence and a blue card.

desperate for a job to support my family as we running out of money fast, willing to do labouring or any unskilled job.

thank you

craig evans

if anyone can help us please phone -

0434 816 314

hi ya hope you get work soon,my oh is a chippy and this is my worry about moving to sunshine coast that there is no work this would be a nightmere:arghh:

Hi Mark what's the situation like for plumbers in Adelaide at the moment?

hi dawny there still seems to be a fair bit of work for plumbers,not as many advertised in the paper but still a few every week.all the best mark.

Guest Admar72

Hi craig

I am a bricklayer still in process of 175 visa and have been looking around job sites and found these they might be of use to you bricklayer jobs in Queensland | careerjet.com.au

There seems to be work in Bowen Hills area good luck with these. I am looking to move to Naragba so maybe one day will meet up

All the best looking for work

Hi James

Unsure what type of tradesman you are after but my husband is a painter & decorator (29 year's served trade), after employer sponsorship. Please do not hesitate to contact if you are after an experienced painter.

Terese

Guest gizmoe
WELDER LOOKING FOR WORK GC/SOUTH BRISBANE/NORTHERN NSW

My partner is a MIG Welder with 11 years experience, but no formal qualifications. We were being sponsored by an automotive company on the GC, but they are closing down by the end of the month!

Does anyone know of any companies that are looking for welders? We would be willing to pay for the government fees that apply to be a sponsor, which in total is $345.

Any contacts would be sooooo appreciated, we need to find a company within 28 days and are so desperate to stay here. :unsure:

I know it's not in the area that you want, but maybe if you harrass a few of the companies around here you might find something. We have a big Gas industry in our area & there is alot of engineering companies here that service the gas companies Santos, Origin etc etc & mates that work for them generally work 14 days on & 10 days off & I know they also have a few employees that fly in fly out to work for them.

Roma, Miles, Chinchilla & Dalby area's.

Guest jamesmck

HI, was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am a 28 year old joiner with 7 years site experience. Have worked on all aspects of joinery, first fix, second fix and final fix. I am travelling alone on a 12 month working holiday visa to brisbane, with the hope of getting sponsored to stay permanently. I am entering all this blind, any help will be extremely gratefull. Is there much work for joiners? do i need a blue card? How much does my job pay roughly? Thank you for reading this, hope to hear from u soon.

Guest alan r

hi james i am a carpenter liveing in brisbane , work wise things ar not that good at the moment . i have been here since last june and am returning home due to lack off work. yes you do require a blue card to work ,which you can do online with bulldog training before you get to brisbane. if you r lucky and do get a chippys job you will earn anything between 25 and 35 dollars an hour.also most chippy jobs you will need a licence which could cost up to 1200 dollars. but as you r on a years working visa you could do anything workwise till things pick up. good luck i alan r

Guest joe & ian
Great thread...Well done to the OP :notworthy:

My husband is a roof slater & tiler with his AQFIII....Here in the Uk, he has over 10 years experience, 4 years of that he has been running his own business, with alot of his work coming from builders

We are heading to either WA or Queensland

(Im not sure that anything will come of this post.......But, you dont know, unless you try):yes:

hi my husband is to roof tiler/ slater.. in the uk and has 15 yrs experience we are hopefully heading for Geelong victoria.. STILL awaiting visa 175 applied 15/07/08

fingers crossed not much longer waiting !!!!

Guest Chrissy
HI, was wondering if anyone could help me out. I am a 28 year old joiner with 7 years site experience. Have worked on all aspects of joinery, first fix, second fix and final fix. I am travelling alone on a 12 month working holiday visa to brisbane, with the hope of getting sponsored to stay permanently. I am entering all this blind, any help will be extremely gratefull. Is there much work for joiners? do i need a blue card? How much does my job pay roughly? Thank you for reading this, hope to hear from u soon.

hi james, we too are in brisbane. i dont want too shatter anyones dreams, but as you say you are coming here blind. the work situation here is terrible, ive been here since november and there is nothing. ive applied for every job on seek and carrer one, gone to every building site in the city and on agencies....nothing. i know this is negative but i wish i had this info before i came here. im only telling you how it is here, dont know what the other states are like.

Guest Sara & Tim

OH contract is coming to an end on the Sushine Coast, has anyone got any contacts for electrical firms looking to take on Qualified Electricians.....

Please let us know, is it me or do things seem alot worse on the East Coast Brisbane and surrounding area's....not so much negative press from South Oz, NSW or WA...

Thanks...

Guest jamesmck
hi james i am a carpenter liveing in brisbane , work wise things ar not that good at the moment . i have been here since last june and am returning home due to lack off work. yes you do require a blue card to work ,which you can do online with bulldog training before you get to brisbane. if you r lucky and do get a chippys job you will earn anything between 25 and 35 dollars an hour.also most chippy jobs you will need a licence which could cost up to 1200 dollars. but as you r on a years working visa you could do anything workwise till things pick up. good luck i alan r

Cheers alan, appreciate the reply. Are you from england? Sorry things havnt worked out mate. As i havnt got my ticket yet, ime open to where ime going to stay. Is there any areas that you know that there might be a better chance of finding work, like perth?:notworthy:

I am a consultant in the WA Trade Contractor Industry. I have just rewritten an ebook, splitted into a 5-part series, on "5-steps on how to sell (smarter) through others in the Trade Contractors Industry" The point is that this may also be applicable to those who want to find a job in the hidden job market. You can download a summary at: PERTH BUSINESS CONSULTANTS - Home The content:

1.Introduction

2.Our intent and our intended readers

3.The sales process in 5-steps: Partner Relationships

3.1.Lead Generation – working through entities of influence

3.1.1.Lead generation – ad hoc hosting

3.1.2.Lead generation – strategic alliances

3.1.3.Lead generation – endorsement by host

3.1.4.Lead generation – referrals

3.2.How to reach those entities of influence

3.3.Why will entities of influence help you?

3.4.Lead generation – finding the invisible market

4.Your first contact

4.1.Your selling Purpose.

4.2.Action Plan

4.3.Outline reasons for your call

4.4.Agreement

5.Your appointment

5.1.Uncovering the real needs

6.Smart selling – Partner Relationship

7.Your selling behavioural style

8.Finally - what gets you the sale?

9.Conversion from leads to prospects to customers

10.Moving towards a Partner Relationship

11.Conclusion

APPENDIX A - Next Meeting Planner

APPENDIX B – The Octagon Behavioural questionnaire and self score

I believe that the concept of identifying "entities of influence" for your job market may be very applicable - although seen from the other side. Trust that it helps!

Archived