Tradies - Job Leads

Guest lovediving

I'm working as a recruitment consultant on the gold coast, we also have an office in Brisbane. We fill a lot of trades positions temp and permenant. If you need help getting a job or a bit of advice, send me a PM and i'll give you my contact details

hi do you have carpenter positions? thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest humpy
hi do you have carpenter positions? thanks

Carpenter positions do come up, mainly in formwork, send me a PM with your details and i can give you an email address to send cv to

Guest GillianM

Hi, any companies in Queensland would sponsor a Vehicle Painter or any info on that trade much appreciated.

Hi Giggles, saw your post, could you tell me just exactly what the job market is like at the mo for carpenters, just started lookin into migrating to the sunshine coast ( mooloolaba ) area sounds like its no different to the UK, building wise. I'm a bit confused on what licenses a chippy needs if any

hope you can help

cheers Peter

Guest Smithy3000

Hi, im a gyproc plasterer looking for work in sydney, will also do labouring work if anyone knows of anything or has any numbers id be very greatful. Name = Alan Smith, Age = 25, phone no = 0410288453

Guest kingman
This thread is only for leads for opportunities for Tradies.

If you hear of work, know who is going to be looking please post it here.

I agree with U!! :jiggy:

Guest kingman

qualified bricklayer with 12 years experince looking for work in sunshine coast area, willing to travel though.

just moved to australia with my wife and 4 children from england. i have a permament skilled visa, queensland driving licence and a blue card.

desperate for a job to support my family as we running out of money fast, willing to do labouring or any unskilled job.

thank you

craig evans

if anyone can help us please phone -

0434 816 314

I will call U!

Guest Mike&lou
OH contract is coming to an end on the Sushine Coast, has anyone got any contacts for electrical firms looking to take on Qualified Electricians.....

Please let us know, is it me or do things seem alot worse on the East Coast Brisbane and surrounding area's....not so much negative press from South Oz, NSW or WA...

Thanks...

Hello

You are in austrlia at the moment.. how bad is the work for electricians out there at the moment?????see a few jobs advertised, are they just blowing smoke up our ass#s and there is not really any work.

Over in the uk they starting to say how the recession is coming to an end, and i have had people looking at my property going up from 3 a week to about 10.

So maybe it sort itself out over there also soon?

Guest humpy

I'm tending to find that a lot of companies are busy quoting and tendering for work and waiting for it to drop in, so will be busy soon, You have to be pro-active looking for work, register with agencies, phone companies up from yellow pages, white pages, google etc and check the job websites. Increases your chances

Guest tienna
This thread is only for leads for opportunities for Tradies.

If you hear of work, know who is going to be looking please post it here.

Fully qualified bricklayer with over 25 yrs experience in the trade needs work in Perth. Friendly, reliable, perfectionist and very hard working. Experienced with plant. C.V and glowing references available. Have PR visa now just need work and will be on a plane straight away. Please contact Mike on 00447951811668. E-mail: crazychix.ere@virgin.net.

Great thread.

Guest stevecarter62

Hey Sazzie

im in the same boat we go in sept heading for brisbane have you tried applying for jobs or you like me waiting? i run my own shop at mo but sell it on the end of Aug. I keep getting told that good panel beaters should be able to find something, but trying to stay positive and keep looking we have some contacts out there so should find something. Good luck in following your dreams for you and your family

Steve Carter

Guest humpy
Hey Sazzie

im in the same boat we go in sept heading for brisbane have you tried applying for jobs or you like me waiting? i run my own shop at mo but sell it on the end of Aug. I keep getting told that good panel beaters should be able to find something, but trying to stay positive and keep looking we have some contacts out there so should find something. Good luck in following your dreams for you and your family

Steve Carter

A couple of weeks ago there were 5 jobs for panel beaters in the Gold Coast bulletin, you should never be out of work in Queensland, there are cars getting bumped all the time as the drivers are terrible......

Guest humpy
Fully qualified bricklayer with over 25 yrs experience in the trade needs work in Perth. Friendly, reliable, perfectionist and very hard working. Experienced with plant. C.V and glowing references available. Have PR visa now just need work and will be on a plane straight away. Please contact Mike on 00447951811668. E-mail: crazychix.ere@virgin.net.

Great thread.

From experience, an aussie trade employer wants to meet you first before they give you a job, It would be rare to get employment over the phone/email especially as a tradie

Guest angelaandmick

If anyone knows of any work around the North Brisbane area, Northlakes, Redcliffe, Narangba, Straphpine etc would be appreciate a pm. I'm a qualified Carpenter out of work last few weeks living in Kallangur.

I'd like to take the Apron off and the tool belt back on ASAP.

Willing to travel into CBD and beyond if needed.

Own transport and tools, Blue Card, ABN, Permanent Resident Visa.

Excellent Carpenter and prepared to work as labourer etc.

Any leads would be appreciated:confused:

Mick

Hi there, Lez from Wolves here. Coming to Perth in Dec 09’ looking for work.

I install air conditioning/service/maintenance.

Does anyone know if there are jobs available or which companies to approach.

Many thanx.

Hi mate I am in the same trade as you. I am aslo in Uk not yet in Oz.

Have you had any luck with the licensing process? I have heard its a pain. And they don't make it easy for you?

Do you know much about it?

Garry

Guest OzExpert

Hi UK Tradies

Here are a few tips to assist you in getting a job in Australia in today’s market

• Get a professional CV done, don’t do one yourself. Aussies value certain things about each trade and if you don’t put those things on your CV you may miss out on jobs or salaries you should have gotten.

Example – I recently did a repair job on a CV for a Maintenance Technician from England. He was a very experienced Tradesperson but he did not put much if any details of his supervisory experience and his welding skills on his CV – These are two skills which are usually highly sought after by Australian Employers.

• If you need a License get the process started before you go to Australia, or if you’re already there, get it done ASAP. Some licences take months to process so the sooner you start the better.
  • Types of trades that need a license – Electricians, Electrical & Instrumentation Technicians, Plumbers, and also Refrigeration Mechanics who usually need at least a restricted Electrical License.
  • Make sure you have your own transport and the tools of your trade. If you don’t then the Australian Employer probably won’t consider you in today’s market. They will go for the Australian Tradesperson who already has tools and transport. (Unless your name is Paddy and your employer is the sponsor of the local Gaelic Football Team)

This article has been supplied by www.skillshortagesolutions.net – Australian Employment, Relocation and Migration Experts.

Guest scor81

Hey people,

I'm a Plasterer from the UK, I've been working in Perth for the last year. If anyone has any trade related questions regarding plastering and different systems used here in Perth then please ask. The team I work for are quite busy at the moment and we may be looking to take on another guy or 2 as soon as the weather clears up.

Guest guest12791
i,m a qualified bricklayer looking for any type of work. - mobiles are - 0414 940 218 or 0414 940 185 or e.mail - craigkateevans@hotmail.co.uk. moved to oz in feb and haven,t been able to find a job yet.

Hope you find a job soon mate, my heart goes out to you because my other half was in the exact same position, i watched him apply for loads of jobs by email, with recruitment agencies and by phone and not even an interview . After a few months he came back to england and now two years later he would love to try again in brisbane, im afraid cos the work seems to be drying up, take care annemarie

Guest craigkateevans

no nothing still, my wife has a part time job as a nurse assistant so at least its something. but we expecting our 5th child so she probably wount get kept on. keep phoning round places but all i get is try in 4 weeks.

Guest Popp

Hi

I saw your ad for a bricklayer & was wondering if you could do us a small favour.

We are in the process of applying to emmigrate to Perth (my husband's a brickie & has passed the skills practical) & we need State Sponsorship in order to do so. The form requires us to give names of Professional Contacts & details as below. Contact Name

Organisation

Phone

Email

We don't intend moving until 2011 which makes this a little nonsensical but would you be able to give us a couple of names we could use?

We're also asked to give details of job offers - again it's far to early realisticly. Any ideas you might have would be really appreciated

Thanks for reading,

Jo

Archived