NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Lol yes yes yes thats right..no ielts needed for ahpra and she doesnt need anmac if she is not main applicant and u are not claiming partner points on the visa :) she just needs to register with ahpra and provide proof of at least 5years being taught in english

Sorry Lorna I didn't doubt your advice just needing as much double checking before Sarah didn't turn up to her IELTS!

had my nursey bits certified at magistrates today , waited 2 hours whilst they had a break to do it inbetween hearings , but was worth the wait - as it was done for free!! no one asked for payment , i think each court can charge what they like because when i phoned last week to enquire about costs ... after a 10 min wait on phone , they told me they think it is about £25 , so i dont think they have set charges! well they were signed and stamped by JOP. another box ticked!! it was scarey being in the court though ... felt like i was guilty of something and they were going to surprise me with a reason to lock me up in the cells below ! lol

yes i hadnt arranged an appt . if you phone your local magistrates they will tell you to turn up at 9 am , and they will try to get you seen before courts start at 10 am . i dont know what the difference is between the diff peoples titles , however you have to be careful if you dont want it to get costly and dont want to end up having to pay for them twice . anmac i think accept certification from solicitors but aphra dont. some magistrates do it for free in the uk , some have charged £16 , £25 , £100 ... it seems notarys of the public charge the most eg. 1 hour £225 . try get it as cheap as possible . there are enough other things to pay for!

Hi, has anyone else experienced similar email from APHRA. As you can see from my timeline, my APHRA acknowledgement of receipt of my application was August, I was requested to send an updated cv and transcript of registration, these were both received by APHRA on the 10th September and 25th September. I had an email from APHRA on the27th September saying I would receive an outcome within 7-10 working days. On the 21st October I enquires and got an out of office reply so I emailed enquiries. The reply was I would hear in 2 working days. On Monday of this week I received the email which is copied below. Has anyone else experienced this message or will have had to wait this long in the process.

- - - - - - - - -

Dear Paul

Since you last received correspondence from your registration officer AHPRA and the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia have strengthened the processes in how we assess applications. At this stage your application is still currently under review. Once your application has been fully assessed we will be in contact. Please contact us in six weeks for an update on your application if you have not heard from us in the interim.

Regards

- - - - - - - -

Thanks

Paul :arghh:

At leats u got a reply. I sent in my forms to Aphra Adelaide office in August

Got an email saying its being processed in September. And on September

26th they requested my uni transcript again which was sent by uni on the 27th

And I have not heard anything. I have emailed but no reply. Am planning to fone

Then but dont have my case officer phone number just an email so will be

Calling the general enquiry line dont know if they will help much. Its a long

And boring process.

I was similar situation to you but I foned general line. .they wouldnt tell me much on fone but after every fone call i made within 24hrs I would then get an email update..and then my eligibility letter :) I think even if you think the fone call didnt get u very far it actually nudges them along a bit..they were always pleasant on fone..

I was similar situation to you but I foned general line. .they wouldnt tell me much on fone but after every fone call i made within 24hrs I would then get an email update..and then my eligibility letter :) I think even if you think the fone call didnt get u very far it actually nudges them along a bit..they were always pleasant on fone..

Thanx for this infor I will be doing just that. Phone phone phone lol

Hi guys.

I am currently completing AHPRA registration form which is proving more difficult then thought. I was wondering how long it takes for the application to be processed?

I have been looking through some of the threads and there is lots of talk about skill's assessment. Is this the same thing as the statement of service the application asks us to provide? If I have lived in England all my life and received all my education there then do I still need to do a English test? And finally in section G the agent authorisation, do I need to consent for the Migration agent to discuss my application as not going through an agency at present.

Cheers

Siobhan

Frustrating. I applied to AHPRA last month and a few weeks later they requested I resend all docs but signed by a notary public, which I've done, not heard anything yet.

Thing is, if they are reviewing their standards for internationally qualified nurses and midwives (as it says on their website) how does this affect us people who've already sent off our applications based on their previous standards?

TBH the amount of info they already wanted, I don't see what further checks they could possibly require!

Edited by Joeybee

APRAH is very particular in who can sign - it's worth getting it right first time or it causes a delay with having to resend. This information is available on their website:

Outside Australia, the following people are authorised to certify documents:

• Justice of the Peace
  • Notary public
  • Australian Consular Officer or Australian Diplomatic Officer (within the meaning of the Consular Fees Act 1955)
  • Employee of the Commonwealth or the Australian Trade Commission who works outside Australia.

What do the above authorised officers need to do to certify your documents?

An Authorised Officer should do the following in the presence of the applicant:

• Certify that each document is a true copy of the original.
  • Certify that the photograph on photographic documentation (e.g. licence or passport) is a true likeness of the applicant.
  • Witness the signature of the applicant.

Certified documents must:

• Be initialled on every page by the Authorised Officer.
  • Annotated on the last page as appropriate e.g. “I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original” and signed by the Authorised Officer.
  • List the name, date of certification, and contact phone number and position number (if relevant) and have the stamp or seal of the Authorised Officer (if relevant) appliedA downloadable copy of these guidelines is also available.

Frustrating. I applied to AHPRA last month and a few weeks later they requested I resend all docs but signed by a notary public, which I've done, not heard anything yet.

Thing is, if they are reviewing their standards for internationally qualified nurses and midwives (as it says on their website) how does this affect us people who've already sent off our applications based on their previous standards?

TBH the amount of info they already wanted, I don't see what further checks they could possibly require!

ditto, how can ANMAC ok the docs but then APHRA query and ask for more.... I'm sure the Nmc aren't so stringent here.

Hi, I don't really know where to post this: as a new thread or just here... so anyhow.

I looking for advice regarding nursing in Aus. I am a British citizen who moved to the US as a teen, now I'm an RN in florida, but as crazy as the immigration system is here in the US, they are making it impossible for me to stay here. I have two cousins who immigrated to Aus a few years back and are loving it, so I'm looking into it myself.

I see there are lots of things and paperwork necessary to get stuff rolling, but i'm confused in what order you start the process in immigrating to Aus. I've read quite a few pages of the threads on here, which have helped, but I'm still slightly confused.

I'm just gathering info right now, as this is such a big decision to make, any info or support would be invaluable...

Thanks and good luck everyone.