NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hello all... I have a question about sending forms off to adelaide office for registration. I used Airsure so as I could track my envelope and it says on the post office website that my package has arrived in MELBOURNE and is awaiting delivery I am certain that it has the correct address on it but wondered if anyone has experienced a similar thing?

​Shaun

Hello all... I have a question about sending forms off to adelaide office for registration. I used Airsure so as I could track my envelope and it says on the post office website that my package has arrived in MELBOURNE and is awaiting delivery I am certain that it has the correct address on it but wondered if anyone has experienced a similar thing?

​Shaun

it'll be at depot in Melbourne waiting to be picked up n delivered to Adelaide, I used air sure n found them very good, got there in few days, no problems, it's done in stages...good luck

​Shaun

Yeah.. It will say on he tracking invoice when it has Been delivered to location and signed for.

Hi,

Just thought I would see if you have heard anything from your application yet? I am almost there, just need to talk my boss about the letter or she needs to write and then sort out meeting with a public notary...I need to find one first! Will give it a google :) I really hope all works out for you! Where are you planning to move to?

Whoo hoo!! I got the letter from AHPRA this morning !! My application has been fully processed and I now have 12m to present myself at the office.. Hopefully I will be there well before then! :-) I feel so pleased that I'm over this little hurdle!! :-)).

Amazing! How long did it take in total? Im posting mine today

Has anyone on here had any problems with their case worker not replying to emails as I have emailed mine 3 times and no reply over the space of a month.

Thank you

​Erica

Is this for AHPRA? I did find the first person dealing with my application very slow in replying, she would only reply on a Monday, so I would have to wait another week for another answer! However, she went on holiday and I was passed to someone else, luckily for me she was very quick and replied fast. Which office did u send it to?

Has anyone on here had any problems with their case worker not replying to emails as I have emailed mine 3 times and no reply over the space of a month.

Thank you

​Erica

Yes I sent my application to Adelaide 6 months ago as I've read on here they have faster processing time. However my case worker has demanded one thing after the other and when I send emails to get an update on my application I don't get a reply back unless I ring AHPRA to make a request for him to contact me. The service is awful! I am so envious of those who have had theirs processed in 9-12 weeks!

Does any one know what I need to take with me to to AHPRA office, I know ID, but it also mentions criminal history requirements, is this a CRB record ? I've looked on the website but can't see any info..

I haven't been asked to bring that??? Just passport with date of entry stamped, offer of employment letter and proof of address...

Yes I sent my application to Adelaide 6 months ago as I've read on here they have faster processing time. However my case worker has demanded one thing after the other and when I send emails to get an update on my application I don't get a reply back unless I ring AHPRA to make a request for him to contact me. The service is awful! I am so envious of those who have had theirs processed in 9-12 weeks!

Oh that's bad!!!! I would be loosing my marbles by now!! I would just kept bombarding them with emails! Ask your case worker for his superiors email! I bet that puts a firework up his backside!

Guest KazG

Hi there,

my god as if the process was not lengthly enough getting the visa through. I spent the best part of today doing my AHPRA application and will send tomorrow by registered post or whatever it takes for me to know it gets to its destination in Perth. Also having to e mail ANMAC that holds all my verified documents/transcripts/and any other information on me so I hope that the two some how come together. I am lucky enough to have my Agent still involved who is brill and happy to advise at any point...Got 189 visa and so excited too at some point to look at mental health nursing post all being well with the application. We need to gain entry by December this year...

this is such a great site my hubbie loves the comments and the characters and good to keep up with everyone and know that there:biggrin: is light at the end of the tunnel... good luck all. x

Hi pacticenurse,

I sent my application to Adelaide as we are moving there in August seems to take ages for AHPRA. What about you?

Hi, mine took approx 9wks. I sent mine to Perth, although I'm not moving there, (you can it to any office). I sent it to Perth because I had heard good reports about the office, but it think it just depends on your case officer at the end of the day..

Hi all,

help! Im pulling my hair out!

12 weeks ago, i asked my manager for a professional reference, and even though ive asked about its progress i still havent had it! Ive provided her with ANMACs prof ref template, and still nothing! I asked the other day again, and her reason now is that shes frightened that shell do something wrong and mess things up for me!!

i was wondering if somone would be so kind as to share their prof ref with me (personal details deleted of course), so that my manager has another point of reference! (Im sorry to ask, but ive paid for an assessment thats going nowhere without this).

thanks in adavance for any help or advice to point me in any direction,

mir x

Hi Mirmai, inbox me your e-mail & I'll send you a copy of my prof ref if you still require it.

Mandi

Hi pacticenurse,

I sent my application to Adelaide as we are moving there in August seems to take ages for AHPRA. What about you?

Hi Erica, I'm moving to Adelaide too! hope to go in Sept/Oct. How long ago did you send your application & have you heard anything? I sent mine on 18/03/13 & only so far have only received an e-mail communicating they'd received it & will be in touch should it be incomplete, hoping no news is good news!!

Mandi

Hi

I'm a newly qualified UK nurse with UK registration, and I'm about to start my AHPRA registration, as I know it takes ages, I'm from the UK and can't understand the English language part of the registration process, do I as a UK qualified nurse with a degree and a UK secondary education which was obviously in English need to sit a language test? Oh and I also have an Australian Cert IV in massage Therapy gained in 2008.

Any help appreciated