NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Hi

I am a registered nurse initially trained&registered in Romania.3 years diploma in nursing

I hold also 2 different registrations :

– Danish registration, where i work as a full time nurse since october 2009

– UK registration, though never worked in the UK

Professional backgournd : almost 7 years as a registered nurse(3 years in Romania and the rest in Denmark)

Do you think i could be eligible for registration without any further training(i.e. bridging course)?

Anyone who had been in my situation?

Thank you.

Hello everyone!

I am trying to fill out the APHRA application form as we speak and unsurprisingly, I have a few questions of anyone can help please?!

Question 11 - regarding qualifications...do I need to fill out all A-levels and GCSE's etc as well as my nursing degree?

Question 12 - what will my category of registration be? I am on the NMC register but I do not know what to fill in here.

Question 26 - Do I fill in here my degree and my a-levels/GCSE's too? The wording seems really confusing and I don not want to do it wrong! It states in the grey box that I need the transcripts for these...I know that I definitely need the transcript of my nursing course but do I really need the same for GSCE's and A-levels?

Question 28...I just don't understand! Does this relate to me getting a letter from my secondary school to say I have been taught in english or is the CPD section where I send them all the bits I have done through the past year to keep current?

Payment...do I pay both the assessment fee and the application fee or just the assessment fee initially?

I apologise for all of the questions...it all seems very confusing! I would appreciate any help that people can offer.

Katie :ssign16:

Hello everyone!

I am trying to fill out the APHRA application form as we speak and unsurprisingly, I have a few questions of anyone can help please?!

Question 11 - regarding qualifications...do I need to fill out all A-levels and GCSE's etc as well as my nursing degree?

Question 12 - what will my category of registration be? I am on the NMC register but I do not know what to fill in here.

Question 26 - Do I fill in here my degree and my a-levels/GCSE's too? The wording seems really confusing and I don not want to do it wrong! It states in the grey box that I need the transcripts for these...I know that I definitely need the transcript of my nursing course but do I really need the same for GSCE's and A-levels?

Question 28...I just don't understand! Does this relate to me getting a letter from my secondary school to say I have been taught in english or is the CPD section where I send them all the bits I have done through the past year to keep current?

Payment...do I pay both the assessment fee and the application fee or just the assessment fee initially?

I apologise for all of the questions...it all seems very confusing! I would appreciate any help that people can offer.

I will get back to you today when I have taken a look at my form and what I ave put for the questions you are having trouble with...

Hi everyone...

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to ask this, or if these questions have already been asked in a previous post.

What myself and my partner would like to know is:

My partner is due to finish her degree and qualify as a Nurse here in the UK in August this year. She plans to get registered here and get a bit of experience, but we also plan on coming to Oz for a year or two and decide if we would like to settle there. Our question is, can my parner apply for Registration to NMBA prior to getting a job AND a visa from here in the UK, or would she have to have a job offer first or a visa approved first?

Just some basic questions in the early stages of our plans...

Thanks to all in advance!!

Hello

Just found out i need a medical as part of my WHV - ARRGGHHH

However, i am a non responder to the HEP B vaccination - this has been proven with blood tests in the UK, obviously as i am a mental health nurse. This wont effect me being a nurse in Oz will it??

Bit worried about this now

Hello everyone!

I will get back to you today when I have taken a look at my form and what I ave put for the questions you are having trouble with...

Question 11... I only filled in my degree and diploma studies.

question 12 ... What nurse are you ? Children's , mental health, adult?

Question 26... I put my degree, and attached my Uni transcript, I also added my secondary school info with a letter from school confirming that I attended full time for 5 years.

Question 28 ... I added the letter from school as above, send original , not photocopy... I attached certified copies of my CPD certs and degree cert with my CV... Check you follow the template for the cv, you can find it on the AHPRA website..

Payment... Pay assessment and application fee.. The total is $540.00 aus dollars.

I sent mine off today by DHL courier to Perth office... So please don't take everything I've said to be completely true as I obviously don't know if I've done everything right until I get confirmation from the AHPRA office...

But I do hope this helps you... Good luck!!

Hi,

Thank you so much for all the information, that is all really helpful! I realise that you have only just sent your bits off so thank you for sharing the info that you have. I bet it was a real relief to get it all sent away :) I have just one more question...sorry! How far back did your CPD stuff go back? Did you send one year worth or did you go back further?

Katie

Hi,

Thank you so much for all the information, that is all really helpful! I realise that you have only just sent your bits off so thank you for sharing the info that you have. I bet it was a real relief to get it all sent away :) I have just one more question...sorry! How far back did your CPD stuff go back? Did you send one year worth or did you go back further?

Katie

We were told by our registration officer we only needed to send the last 12 months CPD :smile:

Hi,

Katie

Your welcome, it is a relief that its been sent... ive been on with it for alomost 8wks, trying to arrange an appintment with notary when im off work was the difficult bit.. I sent certs off from 2011 to now for CPD ,

good luck, what nursing do you do?

Hi , we used Ian harrop but it was a long time since. He is good. Been here in Oz 2 years now. To be honest we could really have done the visa ourselves, but it was good having someone fill all the paperwork in. They are good but we paid through a package we had through our finance agent. If you have a complicated application worth having an agent.

All the info is provided through immigration and if you keep up to date with it all, you'll be ok. There are alot of people who can help on here. Save your pennies for when you get here. You'll certainly need your dosh when you 1st move over. All the best, keep calm, its worth all the stress. Fab place to live is Australia, fantastic life for your kids. Good luck. xx

Hi , we used Ian harrop but it was a long time since. He is good. Been here in Oz 2 years now. To be honest we could really have done the visa ourselves, but it was good having someone fill all the paperwork in. They are good but we paid through a package we had through our finance agent. If you have a complicated application worth having an agent.

All the info is provided through immigration and if you keep up to date with it all, you'll be ok. There are alot of people who can help on here. Save your pennies for when you get here. You'll certainly need your dosh when you 1st move over. All the best, keep calm, its worth all the stress. Fab place to live is Australia, fantastic life for your kids. Good luck. xx

Thankyou , really dont want to give much needed money away , think will give it a go myself x

Going to book myself on IELTS , just realised i turn 33 next month , now need all 8 s for extra 10 pts for 190 visa , my only way to get those extra pts, aaaarggh!

The thought of the test makes me feel so nervous and sick in the stomach . just ordered a book to get revising .

Going to book myself on IELTS , just realised i turn 33 next month , now need all 8 s for extra 10 pts for 190 visa , my only way to get those extra pts, aaaarggh!

The thought of the test makes me feel so nervous and sick in the stomach . just ordered a book to get revising .

Do you have to do IELTS for APHRA? If not you can do general one for your 8s, I took academic and just missed it got 7.5 on writing so used that one for ANMAC /APHRA and retook IELTS on general for DIAC so much easier got 9s. Everyone stresses about the test but the key is to learn the strategy and practise your timekeeping as the time for each section really flies when you are in tthere good luck

mem

I applied to AHPRA 8 wks ago and they are waiting for my NMC registration status but this was sent on 29/1/13. Does anyone have any idea if they are sticklers with this??

NMC are saying they definitely sent it so AHPRA will have it somewhere in their files, it's so frustrating as I am unable to check this out !!!

Not sure now . I was going to do a statutory declaration for aphra as i have been educated in english my whole life . But thought for ANMAC as a nurse you have to do academic IELTS , or am i wrong? thanks