NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

I've done my IELTS now, so the next step is nursing skills assessment/registration.

I believe I need a statement of service for each job I've had, so I've contacted previous employers, and most of them have got back to me to say they are sending it out.

I also need to get professional references from each employer in the past three years for NMAC/DIAC. So far I've contacted two managers to request this. I'm not telling my current employer about my intended move till the latest possible time, so I've not asked there yet. I have a feeling that waiting for all the references to arrive in the post may take some time. Have others found this?

Also, I was wondering if anyone here has done full time bank work before? I worked for 6 months on the nursing bank, and as such, I didn't have a manger who was a registered nurse to provide a reference for that time. I was hoping the nursing bank officer would be acceptable or if not I could try and contact ward managers from the wards I did work on and request a reference from there. Is this what others have done?

I wish I'd tried to get all these references earlier because I know once I do get the references and my documents certified, it'll still take three-ish months to wait for AHPRA/ANMAC to process the documents! Oh and the NMC are sending me an application pack for verfication. I didn't realise how many little bits there were to the skills assessment!

Hello, we are looking at starting the ANMAC paperwork but are confused- does Russ have to submit the application form online first before sending paper work? It is asking for-

[TABLE=width: 590]

[TR]

[TD]Date the verification of your current registration was requested to be forwarded to ANMACrequired.png

so not sure about this part as we have not requested anything yet.

Hope that makes sense.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Claire

You need to put the date you contacted NMC for verification should be done around same time as sending application form

Guest guest79615

After you apply to Ahpra for registration it will take a few weeks to be processed and then you will get letter of eligibility, once you have that you have exactly one year to show up at Ahpra in person to complete registration, if you don't turn up the application is canceled. So you would be better waiting till you know you are going in the next year...or you could take a trip over to Australia just to complete registration and come back. If i were you i would familiarize yourself with the whole application process so its easier when you do come to apply as it can seem like a lot and if you don't get it right it can hold everything up.

hi all

as a family we want to emigrate prob in the next 3 years as hubby still in army until then.

is there anything I can do now to start the process etc.....

is it worth starting nurse registration and if so how do I start and where?

hi all

as a family we want to emigrate prob in the next 3 years as hubby still in army until then.

is there anything I can do now to start the process etc.....

is it worth starting nurse registration and if so how do I start and where?

To be honest not worth starting registration process yet as once approved you are given 12 months to present in person to complete the process you need to have valid visa that allows work. There are people who request extension of 1 year period by a few weeks or months but if you are planning not to be there for almost 3 years that might be a bit tricky to pull off registration takes anything up to 6 months but some have had it in just a few weeks

mem

hi guys,

I am a soon to be qualified nurse (15/3/13) and have secured a job on a haematology ward in central manchester.

Me and my boyfriend want to immigrate to perth asap.

So i emailed the anmac who were not very clear on requirements they just stated i have to have 3 months paid employment as a qualified.

as it wasnt very clear i emailed the state board who said they are looking for 2 years experience post grad but after 12 months i can go over and apply as to the nurse bank (and gave me a PDF leaflet )

as i got two conflicting views i decided to fill out my details on an online visa application site stating i had 12 months experience and i got granted the perminent residency.

Im so confused obvoiusly i want at least a years experience before i even start applying to the ANMAC .... is 12 months enough?

HELLLPPPPP:wacko:

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice

I've got all my documents together and am getting them certified by a notary public next week, my issues are:

-university have sent me my academic transcript with a course booklet stating a breakdown on theory/clinical hours which for some reason they've sent me two copies of, both copies have a signature on from uni and a coloured official stamp on each page (of both copies) am I right in thinking I can just send one copy not certified as it is the original, and then I have another proper copy at home, or do I get it notarised? Just seems pointless as both are originals and am happy to send a proper one without getting it back

-what exactly do I need to get notarised? I know my ID stuff, degree certificate, gcses's and a levels, but what about my study day certificates? I have over 20 and its costing me a fortune to get certified (175quid) so can't afford to pay for unnecessary copies. Plus many of them are from when first qualified in 2011 so more than the 12 months they ask for

- my statement of service from previous job, letter from high school and reference from current job are all originals that I'm happy to send, so they don't need notarising do they?

Sorry for so many questions but has taken me so long to save/collect info, I want to get itas right as poss

Thank you for any help,

love a disheartened paediatric nurse xxx

Guest guest79615

go to your local court, they will do them all for free.

If you are sending originals they do not need to be certified..i did not get refs, transcript or statement of service certified as original

i only sent print offs of study day certs as all on-line at my trust now, didn't get them certified..

ive heard people talk about getting cv certified, i don't know why but i never done this as it didn't make sense to me and it was fine

good luck :)

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice

I've got all my documents together and am getting them certified by a notary public next week, my issues are:

-university have sent me my academic transcript with a course booklet stating a breakdown on theory/clinical hours which for some reason they've sent me two copies of, both copies have a signature on from uni and a coloured official stamp on each page (of both copies) am I right in thinking I can just send one copy not certified as it is the original, and then I have another proper copy at home, or do I get it notarised? Just seems pointless as both are originals and am happy to send a proper one without getting it back

-what exactly do I need to get notarised? I know my ID stuff, degree certificate, gcses's and a levels, but what about my study day certificates? I have over 20 and its costing me a fortune to get certified (175quid) so can't afford to pay for unnecessary copies. Plus many of them are from when first qualified in 2011 so more than the 12 months they ask for

- my statement of service from previous job, letter from high school and reference from current job are all originals that I'm happy to send, so they don't need notarising do they?

Sorry for so many questions but has taken me so long to save/collect info, I want to get itas right as poss

Thank you for any help,

love a disheartened paediatric nurse xxx

QUOTE "I also need to get professional references from each employer in the past three years for NMAC/DIAC. So far I've contacted two managers to request this. I'm not telling my current employer about my intended move till the latest possible time, so I've not asked there yet. I have a feeling that waiting for all the references to arrive in the post may take some time. Have others found this?"

Hi Joeybee

I had a similar situation, I've worked mainly for an agency and although I could get a reference signed by an RN (as the Director of the agency is an RN) they couldnt comment on my competence as a nurse as they obviously hadnt seen me work (they just sent me out to hospitals). I rang ANMAC and they told me that I would need to get references from the Nurse Managers from some of the places I'd worked as an agency nurse.

I sent of my ANMAC application in January...havent heard anything yet so not sure if the references were enough. Maybe email ANMAC explaining your situation and see what they say?

Nerys

Edited by Tafflass

Guest guest79615

wow, they told me it would be £12 for everything when i phoned but when i went they said there was no charge and when i looked up on line and spoke to other people they too had had this free service, so thats strange, where do you live??

I rung two local magistrates and they both told me it would be 25quid to per signature!!!

Mine was Sunderland Magistrates but had to phone a different number to pay the £25 Ive done it twice now but the second time they didnt even ask for payment reference so could of probably just walked in and not paid! I havent had to have appt, just turn up at 930 before court starts. Seems so variable though which is wrong surely it shoud be standard

Hello!

I am going to get my documents certified for APHRA later today, just a quick question. I am sending my application to the Sydney office; I have also requested the NMC to send my Registration details to the Sydney office.

If i register in NSW as a nurse is this the only state i can work in within Australia. Or once i am registered do i have the freedom to work anywhere the office is just where i pick my documents up from?

Bit confused!

Guest guest79615

you can work anywhere once registered with ahpra, you can also turn up at another office to complete registration but Sydney would need to transfer your info to whatever other office you went....i sent my application to Sydney at the end of last year and it tool 9 weeks to get letter of eligibility, good luck

Hello!

I am going to get my documents certified for APHRA later today, just a quick question. I am sending my application to the Sydney office; I have also requested the NMC to send my Registration details to the Sydney office.

If i register in NSW as a nurse is this the only state i can work in within Australia. Or once i am registered do i have the freedom to work anywhere the office is just where i pick my documents up from?

Bit confused!

I thought i was asking a stupid question!!! Thought that would be the answer. God 9 weeks is not long!! EEK.

I am going to arrive in September i think on a WHV and travel, see what beinga nurse is like over there and see how i get on that way before looking for a sponsor.

How do you find being a nurse in Oz?

Guest guest79615

i have no idea i am not there yet! lol just waiting on my 457 visa, hope to go in the summer. Hope it all works out for you

I thought i was asking a stupid question!!! Thought that would be the answer. God 9 weeks is not long!! EEK.

I am going to arrive in September i think on a WHV and travel, see what beinga nurse is like over there and see how i get on that way before looking for a sponsor.

How do you find being a nurse in Oz?

Hello!

Bit confused!

Since the introduction of a centralised register it means you can work in any state which is good news. Previously you could only work in the state which held your registration.

Hi, my OH (midwife) is very close to receiving her letter of eligibility from AHPRA. She is a little confused re. having her skills assessed by ANMAC. Does she need a Full assessment or just a modified assessment? The way it reads, it would appear, is that you must be in Oz and fully registered before a modified assessment is sufficient?? Thanks for your help.