NURSES - Moving to Australia

Guest JoanneHattersley

Guest LouiseM

Hi everyone,

Well i posted on here on the 14/2/12 and since then have been collecting all my supporting evidence and photocopying. I feel i am just about ready to start getting ready to send my application. Just need to find a cheap notary public to certify documents and modify CV to the APHRA format. Just a few queries:

- Do you need to provide a statury declaration for stating you have no criminal record?

-Is the cost as follows for application?:Application fee -$115.00

Registration fee -$104.00

Assessment fee $220.00

Im going on a working holiday Visa to work as a flexible nurse is the fee the same??

Louise xxx

Hi everyone,

Well i posted on here on the 14/2/12 and since then have been collecting all my supporting evidence and photocopying. I feel i am just about ready to start getting ready to send my application. Just need to find a cheap notary public to certify documents and modify CV to the APHRA format. Just a few queries:

- Do you need to provide a statury declaration for stating you have no criminal record? No.

-Is the cost as follows for application?:Application fee -$115.00 now $160

Registration fee -$104.00 $160 - NSW less.

Assessment fee $220.00

Im going on a working holiday Visa to work as a flexible nurse is the fee the same?? Yes they don't care why you are registering.

Louise xxx

:biggrin:

my case officer has just asked for confirmation of my 998 and whether this was post grad and if so where did i study for it. If I am unable to show this then 20 hours CPD for the last year. They are not asking for it certified just a scanned colour copy with evidence of the hours for the CPD. I have sent both as have the evidence.hope this is helpful ( my application is with SA Aphra)

Marion :)

Edited by Delaneym
more info

Guest Hacking family

Just wondered because of your wait?
When I applied for the job I thought they were offering the 457 which is what was stated on the website but when the job offer came they offered me the 121 so I will have permanent residency from the off which I think is better in the long term. Just means a slightly longer wait. Good luck with your move,

Guest Hacking family
Can someone please help me??? Does any one know how many years evidence of CPD the AHPRA want for registration? I know they want 20 hours per year but how many years?? All help much appreciated!

Most of the courses etc I had listed on my cv but I also did a list of cpd hours for this year, this just stated the courses or meetings etc I have attended with hours spent on each and then I asked my manager to sign it as a correct and accurate record of the year's cpd. Hope this helps

Hi all,

I'm new to this site, think i'm in the right place to post this so here goes.

My wife, myself and children have being told we can emigrate on the 457 buisness visa.

My wife being the applicant as she is recognised as an enrolled nurse in Australia which was on the skills list.

Just looking for a list in order of what to do first?

i.e. register with relevant authorities, medical, send of for visa.

want to emigrate as fast as possible really so any tips as to how long it will all take will also help alot.

many thanks

When I applied for the job I thought they were offering the 457 which is what was stated on the website but when the job offer came they offered me the 121 so I will have permanent residency from the off which I think is better in the long term. Just means a slightly longer wait. Good luck with your move,

That was lucky, its always great to have PR from the word go..

Hi

I am a registered Nurse in the UK and is planning to move with my family husband and two kids to the Australia , Melbourne, Perth- I need advice and any suggestion would be much appreciate...1) Recommendation on type of Visa, Skills Assessment, ect... I have not done any research as this is my first point and its best to hear from you guys of any pitfalls ect.

Thank you

Hilary

just emailed APHRA for clarification , but am not expecting a quick reply, so wondering if anyone else hasexperience or knowledgeabout this?...

I currently work 34.5 hours a week on a surgical ward (newly qualified sept 11) , but when looking on the APHRA website the 'recency of practice' standard states that you must have worked '3 months full time in last 5 yrs' - , i cant see on the APHRA website that it actually states the minimum number of hours that they class as full time over there.

can anyone help me?

thanks

It actually says:

practice in their profession within the past fiveyears for a period equivalent to a minimum of

three months full time

So out of 5 years you are meant to have worked a total of 38 hours per week for 12-14 weeks. you will be fine. :biggrin:

It actually says:

So out of 5 years you are meant to have worked a total of 38 hours per week for 12-14 weeks. you will be fine. :biggrin:

Sorry for being thick - but are you saying that because I have worked 34.5 hrs a week for 7 months , that would mean I am way over the minimum equivalent of full time over 3 months if I added all those hours together?

Thanks louise

Sorry for being thick - but are you saying that because I have worked 34.5 hrs a week for 7 months , that would mean I am way over the minimum equivalent of full time over 3 months if I added all those hours together?

Thanks louise

Absolutely :biggrin: you have worked more than the minimum. Good luck.

Hi guys, can anyone help with this...

WA state sponsor, what docs did you send i know that you have to send CV, Skills assessment and IELTS. But what other docs did you send, its just that we are trying to get everything ready for when we get a reply from ANMAC and trying to beat the 1st of July mark... Like what did you send to show that you have worked at least 20 hours a week for the past 12 months, or have i read it wrong and you dont have to...

Also do you know if been qualified and worked full time (community nurse) for a year and a half is enough for a state sponsor for the 176 visa, becaouse i read a thread from 2010 that you had to be qualified for 7 years qualify...

Thanks...

Dave...

Hi guys, can anyone help with this...

WA state sponsor, what docs did you send i know that you have to send CV, Skills assessment and IELTS. But what other docs did you send, its just that we are trying to get everything ready for when we get a reply from ANMAC and trying to beat the 1st of July mark... Like what did you send to show that you have worked at least 20 hours a week for the past 12 months, or have i read it wrong and you dont have to...

Also do you know if been qualified and worked full time (community nurse) for a year and a half is enough for a state sponsor for the 176 visa, becaouse i read a thread from 2010 that you had to be qualified for 7 years qualify...

Thanks...

Dave...

Guest LouiseM

Hi all,

Im about to send the NMC verification, when i put the AHPRA address should I put the city of Perth if thats where I am wanting to work? thanks xx

Guest LouiseM

Also to add, should i send all my GCSE/Alevel certificates even if I have the results stated on transcripts?? I only ask as I have been quoted £210 to get it all notarised. This is a set fee so it wouldnt matter how many documents I have & the notary states she has worked with many AHPRA applicants so she knows what is required & I can go back as many times as needed. Otherwise If i dont need as many documents certifying it would prob be cheaper to go somewhere else??? Does anyone have any advice as to what the usual price to pay is??

Thanks Louise xx