Anyone been granted WA State sponsorship in 2009 yet?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Guest tomka

hey tracey

do i get it right. it takes wa more than a month just to send the sponsorship confirmation to diac???

what is the procedure like: u got wa ssv. u get a ssv letter. u send the letter with trn back to wa (letter scan or fax???) wa sends ssv to diac. is that right?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morning all. Nothing here....

hello , i spoke with WA office this morning , they told me i will hear from them within 2 weeks !!!! i applied 9 weeks ago but they assure me they are now processing mid jan !! mine was sent 25/1/09 so hopefully its moving forward :twitcy:

Guest Tracey Jay

GOT A LOVELY SURPRISE TODAY :jiggy:

A LETTER FROM WA TO SAY THEY HAD INFORMED DIAC OF MY SS.

DATED 24TH MARCH SO HOPING TO HAVE CO BY NEXT WEEK. BACK TO GETTING UP 10 MINS EARLY TO CHECK EMAILS!!

THE LETTER IS SIGNED BY THE SAME PERSON THAT EMAILED ME YESTERDAY SO TRYING NOT TO GET TOO EXCITED. WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED

TRACEY :skeptical:

Guest Tracey Jay
hey tracey

do i get it right. it takes wa more than a month just to send the sponsorship confirmation to diac???

what is the procedure like: u got wa ssv. u get a ssv letter. u send the letter with trn back to wa (letter scan or fax???) wa sends ssv to diac. is that right?

Hi HAVE YOU STILL NOT HEARD ANYTHING? YES YOU"VE GOT IT RIGHT. WHEN YOU GET YOUR SS LETTER YOU GET AN AGREEMENT AND A FORM TO FILL IN. YOUR SEND THAT BACK BY FAX OR SCAN AND THEN THEY INFORM DIAC. i GOT A LETTER TODAY TO SAY THEY HAD DONE IT. DATED 24TH AND I SENT LETTERS BACK ON 16TH SO IT"S TAKEN THEM ABOUT 1 WEEK.

HOPE THIS HELPS TRACEY

Guest Tracey Jay

Got up this morn.....checked status page........processing further.......i"m sooooo excited!!!! Didn"t you hear me yelling where you live????? Tracey

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Got up this morn.....checked status page........processing further.......i"m sooooo excited!!!! Didn"t you hear me yelling where you live????? Tracey

I wondered what that was, couldn't figure out where the yelling came from :biglaugh: GRrrrrrreat news, Tracey, I am very, very happy for you. Yooohoooooooooo.....:hug:

thought I would add this update

Applying for WA SS Hairdresser after yesterdays SA removal from list started to panic :confused: Have a sister living in Perth they checked for me with State Migration Centre Hay Street Today and received following update

they have now got to work thro a back log of between 8 to 12 weeks!

looks like we will have to just sit and wait ! hope to hear now by June :arghh:

good luck to everyone

WA SS Lodged 13/03/09

Guest mcleod275

That is fantastic news Tracey, gives us all hope. We have been waiting just over 6 weeks to hear back from WA. Am hoping for some positive news in the next couple of weeks. Mind you am also hoping that the extra staff that they are supposed to be hiring may also speed this up. Starting to feel a little bit more positive.

Keep us updated on how things go from now, will be really nice to get an idea of how long it takes to get your visa granted.

Claire xx:jiggy:

GOT A LOVELY SURPRISE TODAY

A LETTER FROM WA TO SAY THEY HAD INFORMED DIAC OF MY SS.

DATED 24TH MARCH SO HOPING TO HAVE CO BY NEXT WEEK. BACK TO GETTING UP 10 MINS EARLY TO CHECK EMAILS!!

THE LETTER IS SIGNED BY THE SAME PERSON THAT EMAILED ME YESTERDAY SO TRYING NOT TO GET TOO EXCITED. WILL KEEP YOU ALL UPDATED

TRACEY :skeptical:

Hi Tracey , congrats on your excellent news:wink:

Can you tell me when you applied and also how did you recive the letter (email or postman ?)

Cheers

jac

Guest Ranil

Hi,

I recently joined to this forum.Actualy i applied for sate sponsorship to WA in 6th Jan 2009.Still waiting.Any body known which applications are currently them.

Guest Marie & David

Hi Karin

what are we all going to do when you do get your SSV, I read this thread everyday, it gives me hope, that the WA is out there, and one day soon I will be going, I hope you will still write to us all who are left behind still whating for the ok, giving support, so keep strong we all live in hope.

Marie

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi Karin

what are we all going to do when you do get your SSV, I read this thread everyday, it gives me hope, that the WA is out there, and one day soon I will be going, I hope you will still write to us all who are left behind still whating for the ok, giving support, so keep strong we all live in hope.

Marie

Hi Marie,

It's a rollercoaster of a ride, isn't it? I'll keep checking in on this thread, even after I've got SSV (if I get it). :spinny:

I rang my WA CO again this morning, who really is very friendly. She explained to me again, that it's out of her hands, our application is sitting with the review committee, and hasn't come back yet. There's nothing she can do to speed it up. I just have to sit tight. She again promised to e-mail me as soon as it came back.

So, waiting a bit more....

She did add that once the application has been recommended for approval, it hardly ever comes back with a 'no'. So, I'm going to stay positive

To everyone else out there waiting, more hugs......:hug:

Cheers,

Karin

Guest Waikiki

Well I was in Perth today so went into the state migration center to get an update on things and was told they have not yet got to January applications and they are processing the end of December still!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhh. Was told to expect 2 weeks... again :huh: Don't know whether to laugh or cry! xx

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Well I was in Perth today so went into the state migration center to get an update on things and was told they have not yet got to January applications and they are processing the end of December still!!!! Aaaahhhhhhhh. Was told to expect 2 weeks... again :huh: Don't know whether to laugh or cry! xx

Bleeeehhh, sorry to hear that, Waikiki.

Funny how everytime you speak to someone, they say something else. I reckon they don't know whether they're coming or going. I remember when the changes in processing times from DIAC were made public back in January. Immediately after that, posts appeared on this forum from Alan Collet, George Lombard, Gill, predicting just what is happening now: that the states would start to overflow, panic, and that there would be massive delays with state sponsorships. In other words, the waiting for DIAC would be replaced with the waiting for SS. How right they were....

It's frustrating, but there's nothing we can do about it. The states were not given any notice, they are having to deal with this on the spot, so it's going to take some time....

By the way, Waikiki, how's things in sunny Perth? I've been doing some research into suburbs, where to live, and we can't seem to make our minds up. North, South, really south (Bunbury, Busselton)? It's so hard to decide where to live from half-way across the world....

Cheers,

Karin

Guest Tracey Jay

:jiggy:woop woop woop, did you all hear me yelling this morning???

I"ve got a case officer.....can"t believe it. Think I"m in shock!!

Asked for meds, police checks, new passports for kids (which i sent for last friday). Employment references, I"m self employed but sure this will be easy to sort out with customer references and tax bill.....or I hope, don"t say I"ve got this far to be knocked back now!!

How do I put time line on my status? I"ve found it interesting reading others. Shows you there is light at the end of the tunnel. Tracey.

Guest Bill_er_Bong
Bleeeehhh, sorry to hear that, Waikiki.

Funny how everytime you speak to someone, they say something else. I reckon they don't know whether they're coming or going. I remember when the changes in processing times from DIAC were made public back in January. Immediately after that, posts appeared on this forum from Alan Collet, George Lombard, Gill, predicting just what is happening now: that the states would start to overflow, panic, and that there would be massive delays with state sponsorships. In other words, the waiting for DIAC would be replaced with the waiting for SS. How right they were....

It's frustrating, but there's nothing we can do about it. The states were not given any notice, they are having to deal with this on the spot, so it's going to take some time....

By the way, Waikiki, how's things in sunny Perth? I've been doing some research into suburbs, where to live, and we can't seem to make our minds up. North, South, really south (Bunbury, Busselton)? It's so hard to decide where to live from half-way across the world....

Cheers,

Karin

Hi Karin / Merv....

Been reading through your thread. I hope your 'ordeal' comes to a satisfactory conclusion soon. It would send me bananas going through that...

Can I ask if you have ever been to Perth / WA? We may have to apply for SS, and are weighing up our options about if to do a rekkie mission, and where. Do you think it gets a lot of bonus points having done one when it comes to making the SS application?

We've been to Oz a few times, but not to the states which might sponsor us.

And am I right in believing your occupation is off list?

Cheers

B_er_B

Guest Waikiki

Hi Karin, hope you hear something soon. Things are great here in Perth, definately makes the waiting more pleasant in the sunshine! Its really hard trying to decide where to live before you get here. We looked at rentals online before we came over (in areas we had liked when we had visited previously) and I am really glad we didnt go for them now as there has been so much building over here these areas are now unrecognisable to what they where. If you can get a short term rental somewhere in the middle for when you arrive this would be great as you can really get a feel for the areas by driving around them. Pretty long old drive from Busselton to North Perth but very beautiful scenery on route too! They are just in the process of completing the Perth to Bunbury highway over here so this will make the journey quicker and easier. I think they are opening it in June. Any idea where you are planning on working? xx

Morning every one. WA SS APPROVED VERBALLY

just come off phone from WA immigration spoke with bloke on reception he said they had huge backlog and couldnt give any up dates. told him the lady i spoke with on the 24/03/09 and he put me straight through to her . any way she really helpfull again and said we have been APPROVED just have to wait for confirmation letter she did say that maybe couple more weeks. so exited.

APPLIED WA SS 23/02/09 APPROVED VERBALLY 04/04/09.:twitcy:

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

And more good news! I got up this morning to an e-mail from WA, with a scan of, wait for it....... my WA Sponsorship confirmation! I have off-list State Sponsorship and we are going to Australia!!!!! I am utterly and completely in shock!!!

Will have to come back to this thread later and reply to everyone properly, in the meantime, a quick super-congratulations to both Tracey and karencris, and I am so happy, I am going to hug everyone today I think!

Lots of love,

Karin

Guest Marie & David

KARIN WELL DONE

you are on your way, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

write soon which location, good luck I can't what for mine.

Marie

Guest mcleod275

Oh Karin that is fantastic news - I am so pleased for you. After all the obstacles put in your way you have succeeded. Looks like CO's are being allocated really quickly as well so things should start to move now.

Well done Karencris as well - we applied just before you so may make that dreaded phonecall again on Monday to see what is happening. Think I am going to make up some excuse for someone to actually look at our application instead of keep being fobbed off with "we are processing December's it will be a few more weeks yet" line that I keep getting.

Fantastic news everyone looks like WA are really motoring with applications - now all I need is ours approved!!

Claire xx

Guest Tracey Jay

CONGRATULATIONS.....Karin and anyone else thats got SS this week. It"s brill. Wait till you get a CO a boy what a feeling!!! Said to my husband last night "are we doing the right think"?. He couldn"t believe me. Once you get a CO it"s all very real.

Think a few of us will be celebrating this week end. well done everyone Tracey.

Archived