Anyone been granted WA State sponsorship in 2009 yet?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
that's really good news, hoping it comes soon!!

Julie x

Hi Julie,

Thank you, I hope yours comes through soon as well...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Marie & David

Hi all

have been following this thread for a week as I sent my SSV to WA last week and I am using all you guys as a time line, my husband is a carpenter, it's a worry with all the changes in OZ and I hope WA stays as it is, also which areas are you looking at to live and what line of work are you in or your other haft. I hope your visa comes thought soon as it will give us all hope.

Marie

Guest Tracey Jay

Hi all, anyone thats got SS from WA got case officer yet. I faxed my agreement and form 1100 back 16th march. Does anyone know how long it takes WA to inform DIAC that you want to change from 175 to 176. DIAC say you get a CO within 10 days of notification , but how long does notification take? I"m just wondering if all are returned forms are sat on someones desk in WA. :skeptical:

I"ve booked my meds today.....wayhey. Booked them for 4 weeks time. Kids passports run out later this year so I know CO will ask for new ones. I"m sending for those this week so they will be back in time for meds. All forms for police checks printed off, going to send for them in about 2 weeks so they will have a similar date on to meds. It"s like planning a major operation but sooooooo exciting!! Just need a CO now. Back to checking emails again every morning, it"s like part of my daily routine.

Please let me know if you"ve got CO put me out of my misery! Tracey :jiggy:

Guest mcleod275

I have just rung WA SMC to get a progress check to be told they are still processing end of Decembers and will not get round to looking at ours for another couple of weeks!! Really do not understand how some people are getting approval who submitted them after December - but hey ho there is nothing I can do.

Claire xx

Guest Waikiki

Yep I called Tuesday and was told they were processing Decembers too. I applied 17th Jan and they told me it was likely to be 'a while yet' before they got to mine...soooo frustrating isnt it :arghh: Wonder how long 'a while' is!

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi all, anyone thats got SS from WA got case officer yet. I faxed my agreement and form 1100 back 16th march. Does anyone know how long it takes WA to inform DIAC that you want to change from 175 to 176. DIAC say you get a CO within 10 days of notification , but how long does notification take? I"m just wondering if all are returned forms are sat on someones desk in WA. :skeptical:

I"ve booked my meds today.....wayhey. Booked them for 4 weeks time. Kids passports run out later this year so I know CO will ask for new ones. I"m sending for those this week so they will be back in time for meds. All forms for police checks printed off, going to send for them in about 2 weeks so they will have a similar date on to meds. It"s like planning a major operation but sooooooo exciting!! Just need a CO now. Back to checking emails again every morning, it"s like part of my daily routine.

Please let me know if you"ve got CO put me out of my misery! Tracey :jiggy:

Hi Tracey,

PM Daz&Gill, they were told on 4 March that they were approved for WA SS, but DIAC only received the official letter from WA 2 days ago, that's 2 weeks later! If you're worried, phone them I say.

Cheers and let us know how you get on with the CO, please?

Karin

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
I have just rung WA SMC to get a progress check to be told they are still processing end of Decembers and will not get round to looking at ours for another couple of weeks!! Really do not understand how some people are getting approval who submitted them after December - but hey ho there is nothing I can do.

Claire xx

Hi Claire,

Two people in this thread have been granted WA sponsorship: Daz&Gill (applied 16/1), they kept ringing WA because they sold their house and needed to decide on wether to buy another house (if no sponsorship, i.e. no visa anytime soon) or rent for the time being, until the visa came through. WA made a special effort to help them in this special case. The other is Tracey, who applied on 6th of January, so quite early in the year.

As for myself, I haven't actually been granted WA SS yet. My WA CO has told me, that she has recommended that our application be supported, but it needs to go to the review board for approval by 2 people. Everything can still go wrong :arghh:. I am told that the review board is currently trying to plough through 1800 applications, so I don't expect to have a black/white approval anytime soon!

Anyway, don't despair, hopefully your application will be looked at very soon, and hang in there!

Cheers,

Karin

Guest beverley

hi guys ive been following this thread as im in exactly the same boat as you lot. 176 submitted on 13-2-09 was told would take about 4 weeks, would have been 2 but because of the rise 4. So as it now over 5 weeks i emailed agent to fine out roughly how long it would take. Desperate to move as my sister

is having a baby and her husband works abroad for long periods and other than that shes pretty much own her own over there.

Agent said today (go matilda) that they are processing decembers so will be 2 months probably better off planning for 3 months until we hear anything. Feel pretty low i must admit as in my head i was thinking i could get out there for june when i was originally told about 4 weeks. I'm not blaming the agent as its not their fault for all the changes which has pretty much forced us all to change to 176 visas if we want to get out their this year! Plus i work in benefits so am going through kind of the same thing myself in my line of work and trying to deal with such a huge increase in applications - though doesnt make it any easier when you have been planning on moving since 2003! Thanks for listening lol

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
hi guys ive been following this thread as im in exactly the same boat as you lot. 176 submitted on 13-2-09 was told would take about 4 weeks, would have been 2 but because of the rise 4. So as it now over 5 weeks i emailed agent to fine out roughly how long it would take. Desperate to move as my sister

is having a baby and her husband works abroad for long periods and other than that shes pretty much own her own over there.

Agent said today (go matilda) that they are processing decembers so will be 2 months probably better off planning for 3 months until we hear anything. Feel pretty low i must admit as in my head i was thinking i could get out there for june when i was originally told about 4 weeks. I'm not blaming the agent as its not their fault for all the changes which has pretty much forced us all to change to 176 visas if we want to get out their this year! Plus i work in benefits so am going through kind of the same thing myself in my line of work and trying to deal with such a huge increase in applications - though doesnt make it any easier when you have been planning on moving since 2003! Thanks for listening lol

Hi Beverley,

Got nothing to add, but just wanted to say welcome! :hug:

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi all

have been following this thread for a week as I sent my SSV to WA last week and I am using all you guys as a time line, my husband is a carpenter, it's a worry with all the changes in OZ and I hope WA stays as it is, also which areas are you looking at to live and what line of work are you in or your other haft. I hope your visa comes thought soon as it will give us all hope.

Marie

Hi Marie,

Welcome :hug:

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi,

I applied 10 Jan 09. Also still waiting ....:err:

Hi Saffa,

Welcome to you too....:jiggy:

Guest yorkshirepud

Hey guys. There's quite a few of us on here who have applied for WA SS within a couple of weeks of each other so we should all be celebrating around the same time (fingers crossed for that one). Just wondered if anyone could help, checked my on-line application status - it says meds have been finalised, but the other page says they are waiting for all the other docs like photos and marriage certs/birth certs etc? Why is that - agents sent them off ages ago? Or did they, am worried now.

Guest Tracey Jay
Hey guys. There's quite a few of us on here who have applied for WA SS within a couple of weeks of each other so we should all be celebrating around the same time (fingers crossed for that one). Just wondered if anyone could help, checked my on-line application status - it says meds have been finalised, but the other page says they are waiting for all the other docs like photos and marriage certs/birth certs etc? Why is that - agents sent them off ages ago? Or did they, am worried now.

Hi Yorkshire Pud, can"t give you any answers,....sorry. Just wanted to say :spinny: HELLO.

We are just down the road in Leeds. Applied 6th jan for SS WA got it 10th march so think you"re in for a bit of a wait. We"re waiting for CO now, the waitng is endless!! Good luck Tracey

Guest beverley

well its the start of another week - another week closer!!!

Lets hope a few people get some good news this week ! :-)

Guest Tracey Jay
Hiya Tracey, yep sounds like a long wait ahead, again. Whereabouts you headed?

Got a cousin in woodvale and friends in carramar so some where round those areas. What about you?

Guest Tracey Jay

I"ve got an update.....another weeks wait......aaaaahhhhh

emailed WA over the weekend about my ss that was approved 10th march. As I thought it"s still sat in WA!!!!!

email said they have a back log, employing more staff to deal with it, should be at ASPC by the end of the week.

So I can kiss good bye to the next 3 weeks in visa application heaven.!! An extra 10 mins in bed cos I won"t be getting up to check emails every morning like last week.......every cloud has a silver linning...lol

On the up side I may (if i"m lucky) have a CO this time in 3 weeks ......hey what"s another 3 weeks, just adds to the tension!!!! Tracey.

head up to all,

I'm now about to apply the WA nomination, but one the questions which im unsure about is how much should i fill in the "how much fund can u bring in WA", because i think that gonna be a problem when put a higher or lower number in it, what number is appropriate, like AUD 50,000?

And also I've been living in perth for almost a year under another visa, in this case, do I still need fill those "how much do u think gonna cost for ur settlement?" questions?

Will be very thankful if u could help me with these.

Wayne

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
I"ve got an update.....another weeks wait......aaaaahhhhh

emailed WA over the weekend about my ss that was approved 10th march. As I thought it"s still sat in WA!!!!!

email said they have a back log, employing more staff to deal with it, should be at ASPC by the end of the week.

So I can kiss good bye to the next 3 weeks in visa application heaven.!! An extra 10 mins in bed cos I won"t be getting up to check emails every morning like last week.......every cloud has a silver linning...lol

On the up side I may (if i"m lucky) have a CO this time in 3 weeks ......hey what"s another 3 weeks, just adds to the tension!!!! Tracey.

Grr.... Tracey, glad you can see the upside of it :frown: Even after the coveted 'yes' from WA, it still isn't a smooth ride, is it? I haven't even got the yes yet, so I haven't got a hope in h*ll to have this visa anytime soon. Grrr.... Thanks for the update, I'll be following your timeline closely.....

Cheers,

Karin:SLEEP:

Guest beverley

well lets think positive at least they are bringing in more people to deal with the back log.

Getting flat valued today, redoing the kitchen then putting it on the market. If its sold and we still havent got visas then we are going anyway and waiting for visa while we are out there - sod it!

Though im sure we will all have our visas by june at least we get to enjoy abit of the uk summer (not!) and can fly out in their winter so we can adjust better to heat and the flights will be cheaper!!!

..........Can you see im selling it to myself? If i dont i will just cry lol

Archived