Anyone been granted WA State sponsorship in 2009 yet?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Guest beverley

Congratulations guys!!!!

We submitted our 176 so hopefully not toooooo long for us, what do you think another 2 weeks? ha ha

Well our flat is up for sale so i hope it wont take to long now as i dont like the idea of being homeless!

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi Karin / Merv....

Been reading through your thread. I hope your 'ordeal' comes to a satisfactory conclusion soon. It would send me bananas going through that...

Can I ask if you have ever been to Perth / WA? We may have to apply for SS, and are weighing up our options about if to do a rekkie mission, and where. Do you think it gets a lot of bonus points having done one when it comes to making the SS application?

We've been to Oz a few times, but not to the states which might sponsor us.

And am I right in believing your occupation is off list?

Cheers

B_er_B

Hi B_er_B,

Welcome to the thread. As I'm sure you read by now, I have indeed been given off-list state sponsorship. I consider myself more than lucky!

We have indeed been to Oz, Perth for 6 weeks. This was two years ago, and our then agent, who we later 'fired' as no good, said that we could only go to South Australia. We therefore also went to Adelaide for 2 weeks, and did some serious research (driving around, going into Estate Agents, supermarkets, shops, open houses and so on) into suburbs then. By the end of the 2 weeks, we were reasonably sure where in Adelaide we wanted to live. However, on coming back to Perth after Adelaide, it just didn't feel right. Both me and my OH felt that Perth was a better fit to what we want out of our lives.

Two years on, and a lot of problems/changes in the process and other hurdles further, it is looking much, much better for us. We can actually go to Perth on a permanent residency visa. Our research however, has to start all over again, as we did not research suburbs in Perth with a view to living in them. And I now feel that it is virtually impossible to do from the other side of the world. Much of it has to do with the 'feel' of an area. And even in a suburb, there may be streets that are very nice, and streets that are not so nice. You cannot see that on the estate website or even with Google Earth (what a great program that is). I would therefore strongly recommend to go on a rekkie and do the local research, if you can and have the possibility to do so. I would. Again.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Karin

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
By the way, Waikiki, how's things in sunny Perth? I've been doing some research into suburbs, where to live, and we can't seem to make our minds up. North, South, really south (Bunbury, Busselton)? It's so hard to decide where to live from half-way across the world....

Hi Karin, hope you hear something soon. Things are great here in Perth, definately makes the waiting more pleasant in the sunshine! Its really hard trying to decide where to live before you get here. We looked at rentals online before we came over (in areas we had liked when we had visited previously) and I am really glad we didnt go for them now as there has been so much building over here these areas are now unrecognisable to what they where. If you can get a short term rental somewhere in the middle for when you arrive this would be great as you can really get a feel for the areas by driving around them. Pretty long old drive from Busselton to North Perth but very beautiful scenery on route too! They are just in the process of completing the Perth to Bunbury highway over here so this will make the journey quicker and easier. I think they are opening it in June. Any idea where you are planning on working? xx

Hi Waikiki,

I have the luxury of being able to work anywhere in the world. As long as I have my computer with me, Bob's your uncle! We are therefore open to any suggestions. A few major requirements: it needs to be very family-friendly with good schools, have possibilities for OH to play in a band (he plays drums and guitar), and be in reasonable vicinity of the beach, which is my personal requirement, as the beach makes me feel 1000 times better at any given time, just sitting there and listening to the sea...

Thanks for your advise, the middle may just be where we will start out and then do our research on arrival!

cheers,

Karin

Guest Tracey Jay
Hi Tracey , congrats on your excellent news:wink:

Can you tell me when you applied and also how did you recive the letter (email or postman ?)

Cheers

jac

Hi Jac,

Applied 6th jan, got email asking me to resend documents on 17th. A bit of calling and emailing later got SS by email(but only cos i bugged them) on 13th march. letter arrived 14th march. i think it is by letter for everyone. got CO on 1st april. hope this helps. tracey.

Guest yorkshirepud

BIG Congratulations to you guys who have got your SS - can only imagine how fab you must be feeling! Keeps us all going knowing that it is actually happening and can be done - well done, keep us posted as to where you go from here.

Guest wolkenwalker

I want to say HELLO to all who are waiting for their WA-state sponsor.

I'm waiting since 19.01 and still heard nothing. But my time will come soon.

Meanwhile I'm going to :SLEEP:a little.

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
I want to say HELLO to all who are waiting for their WA-state sponsor.

I'm waiting since 19.01 and still heard nothing. But my time will come soon.

Meanwhile I'm going to :SLEEP:a little.

Hi Wolkenwalker,

Welcome! Shouldn't be long for you now, have a nice snooze, and when you wake up, hopefully there'll be some good news!!

Cheers,

Karin

Guest beverley

Here we ago again another Monday! Checked status and medicals have been finalised now but still dont have state sponsorship, our 176 was submitted at the start of dec but then changed to 176.

Can anyone pm me with the number they ring please, ive had a look but not sure which one it is. I know its still early as our state sponsor was submitted 13 feb but gonna ring anyway! Just want to see if they can give us anymore info. Also was wondering how long after you get the sponsorship how much longer people have had to wait till the visa was granted?

Guest mcleod275
Here we ago again another Monday! Checked status and medicals have been finalised now but still dont have state sponsorship, our 176 was submitted at the start of dec but then changed to 176.

Can anyone pm me with the number they ring please, ive had a look but not sure which one it is. I know its still early as our state sponsor was submitted 13 feb but gonna ring anyway! Just want to see if they can give us anymore info. Also was wondering how long after you get the sponsorship how much longer people have had to wait till the visa was granted?

Morning Bev

The number for the WA SMC is +61 8 9220 0222 I intended to give them a call myself this morning, we applied just after you on 17th February, but I have been struck down with the lurgy so could not scrape myself out of bed early enough !!

Be sure to ask specifically about your application, even get someone to look at yours as everytime I call they simply ask when did I apply and then tell me they are still doing end of December's and it will be a few more weeks until they get to ours.

Good luck and let us know what they say.

Claire xx

Guest beverley

hi claire thanks for the number, hope you feel better soon! I will get up early tomorrow morning

and will ring them. I will post on here what they say. Ive just got back from doctors and have been signed off work for 2 weeks with stress!!! I havent been feeling right for about a month now, my head has been spinning im shattered then awake all night thinking about this and really horrible headaches. Plus I dont have the greatest job (benefits assessor). So i am going to try and chill.......and harrass

the diac ! lol

Guest Samfire
Hi,

I am desperately waiting for a yes or no from WA regarding our State Sponsorship application, sent and confirmed on 16 January. Anyone applied for in January and heard anything yet?

Cheers,

Karin

Hi there. We submitted our State Sponsorship application on 20th February to the ACT and we have been told that the timelines have changed from 30 working days to 60 working days i.e. 3 months possibly. Not sure about WA specifically, but I'd imagine it's the same across the board, as so many applicants have switched from 175 to 176 visa - this has increased the volume applying for State Sponsorship in order to fast track the system. Don't worry yet! You should hear any day now.

Guest juliemtaylor
hi claire thanks for the number, hope you feel better soon! I will get up early tomorrow morning

and will ring them. I will post on here what they say. Ive just got back from doctors and have been signed off work for 2 weeks with stress!!! I havent been feeling right for about a month now, my head has been spinning im shattered then awake all night thinking about this and really horrible headaches. Plus I dont have the greatest job (benefits assessor). So i am going to try and chill.......and harrass

the diac ! lol

Hang in there, I had this last year for a few months and it came good with rest and medication.

Good Luck

Julie x

Guest OgaPoga

Hi Karin,

I see you are finaly out of the limbo and have SS!! Well done. So you probably can almost reach your visa:) We also got our Vict SS and in 2 weeks (2 weeks and few days) CO. Seems they keep the promises to allocate CO in 10 working days.

Did you already do Police and Medicals?

Guest mcleod275

Hi Guys

Thank god for daylight savings that's what I say - do not have to get up at silly o'clock to ring Perth!!

I rang the SMC this morning and spoke to a really nice guy who said that they were now processing mid January applications. He said that they have got through the rest of Decembers and start of January's quite quickly as they have been complete applications that needed no further information required. He advised that realistically we will have to wait another 2 months before we hear an outcome :arghh: especially bearing in mind the amount of applications that they received after the January announcements.

He did say they are trying to prioritise those applications where the applicant is turning 45 or their skills assessment is about to expire (after 2 years). He thought we could hear sooner but it will depend on the quality of applications received and if they get to a load that need lots of extra information from the applicants then this will slow them down but to plan on it being another 2 months.

Not really what I wanted to hear but what can we do!!

Claire xx

Guest wolkenwalker

I rang the SMC this morning and spoke to a really nice guy who said that they were now processing mid January applications. He said that they have got through the rest of Decembers and start of January's quite quickly as they have been complete applications that needed no further information required.

Wow... that are really good news for my 19.01 application!:hug:

Perhaps tomorrow will get MY DAY!

greeding ww.

Guest wolkenwalker

I rang the SMC this morning and spoke to a really nice guy who said that they were now processing mid January applications. He said that they have got through the rest of Decembers and start of January's quite quickly as they have been complete applications that needed no further information required.

Wow... that are really good news for my 19.01 application!:hug:

Perhaps tomorrow will get MY DAY!

greedings ww.

Hi i rang today and just to let you all know one of the case workers is off till next tuesday. She is dealing with ours.

Also just a bit of advice if you have genuine urgent cases, wa are extremely helpful and will try and process your application faster.

We applied on 20th March and have had are application looked at and has been marked by case officer as incomplete file. They think it may be that they couldnt open some of my attachments so i have re emailed them. So fingers crossed next tuesday when co gets back she may give a decission.

Rachael

Just to let u know I checked my email today like I do daily and I have finally received notification that I will be sponsored by WA. I'm so chuffed I can't beleive it:)

Just wanted to say hang in there all u people who are waiting, won't be long!

Guest mcleod275

What is your secret - we applied on 17 Feb and have not heard a thing - did you guys use agents?

Guest wolkenwalker
Just to let u know I checked my email today like I do daily and I have finally received notification that I will be sponsored by WA. I'm so chuffed I can't beleive it:)

Just wanted to say hang in there all u people who are waiting, won't be long!

Gratulation! :notworthy:

Your waiting have an end, but i can't understand how WA works because i'm more than 4 weeks in front of your application and nothing heard about my state sponsor.

Perhaps I'm going to :SLEEP: and wait another morning to check my email.

What is your secret - we applied on 17 Feb and have not heard a thing - did you guys use agents?

No we are not using an agent. It's quite scary doing it all without an agent but from some posts I've read it seems that some agents may hold things up unnecessarily (not all I hasten to add)

Guest mcleod275
No we are not using an agent. It's quite scary doing it all without an agent but from some posts I've read it seems that some agents may hold things up unnecessarily (not all I hasten to add)

Thanks Lancashire Lass, we do not have an agent either. I keep seeing people getting their SS granted who applied after us and just cannot understand what they are doing in Perth as each time I have called to enquire they tell me it is strictly in date order. Oh well, I am sure our turn will come, congratulations on getting yours especially on your own.

Claire xx

Guest wolkenwalker
Thanks Lancashire Lass, we do not have an agent either. I keep seeing people getting their SS granted who applied after us and just cannot understand what they are doing in Perth as each time I have called to enquire they tell me it is strictly in date order. Oh well, I am sure our turn will come, congratulations on getting yours especially on your own.

Claire xx

I can't understand eighter. I'm applied 19.01

Archived