Anyone been granted WA State sponsorship in 2009 yet?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Oh no!!!! I think I might have messed up!

I submitted the WA State Sponsorship application on line in February. I thought it was a difficult form to fill in as it didn't really give any guidance on which bits were mandatory and which bits just related to certain circumstances. I am not using an Agent so had nobody to check it for me. Anyway, I had read that you had to submit a successful skills assessment with the application so when I got to the bit where it asked me to upload document, I just uploaded the Vetassess result.

After reading some threads about these applications I can see that people have also uploaded their CV. I didn't do this. Was this mandatory or optional?? Will they reject my application?? Has anyone else done this?

Help!

Thanks

Mandy

Hi Mandy,

Sorry, I don't know the answer to this for you. I did upload my NAATI accreditation documents and my CV, and yes, I do believe it's mandatory. But if you forgot, surely they will let you add it? I would advise you to ring them tomorrow morning and explain your situation. And/or send them an e-mail, quoting your SMT reference number, attaching your CV.

Don't panic, you're only human! :hug:

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tomka

been told my appl is processed but to wait another 10 days :( then it has been almost 4 month waiting. dont know what to do.

Guest Tracey Jay

hi mandy, i did send my skills assesment and c.v. after 6 weeks i got an email asking me to resend them as they could not retrieve them. i thought i"d attached them correctly. so they didn"t just dismiss my application because of it. i would ring or email them though, it"s such a long wait without panicing that you"ve done it wrong.

good luck tracey x

Guest Tracey Jay
been told my appl is processed but to wait another 10 days :( then it has been almost 4 month waiting. dont know what to do.

:smile: hope they said it was successful?? They told me I been successful but would be 10 days before notification. You get it in the post. No more checking emails you"ll be stalking postman now. Great feeling when you open it!!!

We are back down to earth now and waiting for CO. They say 10 days from notificaton but how long does it take WA to notify DIAC???

tracey x

Guest tomka

hey tracy. nope said nothing only that it probably take another 10 days. just hoping that it is note the usual 2 weeks they always talking about :)

by the way, for what reason could the appl been refused (i mean if someone is on the wa list and has 4 years workexperience + funds and did enough research)?

Hi

Sorry for hijacking but can anybody tell me how much information you gave on the WA sponsorship form.Did you have to research a surburb and fill the info in or was the questions about WA in general

What type of information did you give and how much.

Please help me in any way you can as I feel that we always seem to be missing the boat.

What type of questions are on the form?

Thank you

hi mandy, i did send my skills assesment and c.v. after 6 weeks i got an email asking me to resend them as they could not retrieve them. i thought i"d attached them correctly. so they didn"t just dismiss my application because of it. i would ring or email them though, it"s such a long wait without panicing that you"ve done it wrong.

good luck tracey x

Thanks Tracey

I phoned them up this morning and the lady I spoke to said that I could just email the CV to her. She gave me her direct email address. She was so helpful and lovely but she sounded really fed up. She said they are getting absolutely bombed out with applications. She said that they have recently received over 2,000 that need to be processed with more coming in every day. She told me I had at least another 6 week's wait before it was processed. Felt quite sorry for them (but not as sorry as I feel for us on PIO! lol)

Mandy

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi

Sorry for hijacking but can anybody tell me how much information you gave on the WA sponsorship form.Did you have to research a surburb and fill the info in or was the questions about WA in general

What type of information did you give and how much.

Please help me in any way you can as I feel that we always seem to be missing the boat.

What type of questions are on the form?

Thank you

Hi Mylady,

You really need to check their website, a link is in one of my earlier messages. You need to do your research properly and think really long and hard about your answers before you send the application. My guess is they are going to be pickier now that the volume has multi-folded, just go through the questions first on the online form, so you get an impression about what info they need and then do your research.

I know there also is a wealth of info on this forum, just search with keywords.

Good luck,

Karin

Guest captain cook

Hi everyone, just to let you know I recieved state sponsorship this morning for WA (by post) after waiting from 12th jan .It was a nice surprise as I had given up hope , just hope everyone else hears soon as the waiting and checking e-mails every couple of hours is a real pain . All the best CC. ps hang on in there!!!!

Guest tomka

congratulation. yet, i am wondering about their processing. applied mid dec and i am still waiting. anyway. good luck with your 176 app.

could you write, what documents did you supply and was your occupation on the wa list? thank you very much

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Hi everyone, just to let you know I recieved state sponsorship this morning for WA (by post) after waiting from 12th jan .It was a nice surprise as I had given up hope , just hope everyone else hears soon as the waiting and checking e-mails every couple of hours is a real pain . All the best CC. ps hang on in there!!!!

Hi CC,

That is absolutely wonderful news, what a nice surprise you must have had, kiss the postman kind of surprise... :biggrin:

I am really pleased for you and wish you all the best with the (now short) road to your visa...

Cheers,

Karin

Guest captain cook

Hi Thomas, I attached a copy of my positive skills assesment from TRA (1st class welder) along with a copy of my CV , 18 years of work references (welder) also done lots of research on WA including , house prices , schools , flight costs , container , how much money I would be taking into the state etc and also stated that there is alot of industry in my line of work in the Perth and surrounding area. If there is anything else I can think of or remember I shall let you know. I would keep in touch with WA at least once a week as we did (by phone as they seem only too happy to help) and hope they give you an answer soon as I can imagine how you feel. Good luck Thomas and everyone else who is waiting. All the best Kenny.

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

So, I phoned my CO again this morning, and incredibly, our application has been recommended for approval, pending review by 2 other people! Approval! For 1 of those precious 500 places. I'm still trying to get my head round this, and letting it sink in. We are actually going to go to Australia. This year. Against all odds. WOWWWWWWW. :-)

Cheers,

Karin

Guest yorkshirepud

Hiya, we applied for WA SS on 9th March - our agents said approx 2 months before we get an answer.

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi all,

Timeline for me was 9 weeks, but no offical approval yet, this may well take another 2 weeks, on estimate. So all in all, and this is before the massive influx of tradies, 3 months.

I expect it will start to take closer to 4 or 5 months now that the CSL list has been drastically changed.... but please don't quote me on that, this is my personal opinion, not a fact!

Cheers,

Karin

Guest yorkshirepud

Yep will do Rebecca. The time scale just gets longer! I have to take it in short bursts, so I will concentrate on the two months deadline first then deal with any extra later!

Guest Waikiki

Congratulations CC - that is great news! :biggrin:

Guest Waikiki
So, I phoned my CO again this morning, and incredibly, our application has been recommended for approval, pending review by 2 other people! Approval! For 1 of those precious 500 places. I'm still trying to get my head round this, and letting it sink in. We are actually going to go to Australia. This year. Against all odds. WOWWWWWWW. :-)

Cheers,

Karin

Fanatastic news...thats two more in the last couple of days. Lets hope they keep coming. Hope you get your final confirmation soon x

Sorry to hi jack this thread a bit but we have decided to try and apply for WA sponsorship b4 they remove tradies from their lists. I emailed them to try and find further info but not heard anything- I need to know how much money do you have to have to go for sponsorship ? Their website just says sufficient funds ?!

We own our house and have some savings, but how does that bit work please ??

Guest Tracey Jay

Cheers,

Karin

Congraulations. We had the same and waited for 2 wks then email and told we definately had it. Letter arrived in post a couple of days later. It"s a great feeling when you see it in black and white, in front of your eyes!! Now the wait for the CO can"t make my mind up if we"ll get 1 in ten days or has it been lengthened by another ten days?? As has some of the other visas. It"s a mine field out there don"t know what I"d do without PIO to turn for advice.

Well done Tracey :huh:

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Sorry to hi jack this thread a bit but we have decided to try and apply for WA sponsorship b4 they remove tradies from their lists. I emailed them to try and find further info but not heard anything- I need to know how much money do you have to have to go for sponsorship ? Their website just says sufficient funds ?!

We own our house and have some savings, but how does that bit work please ??

Hi Dawn,

I've tried e-mailing WA twice in the last few months, each time it took around 2 weeks for a reply to come. So if you really need to ask them something, you need to get up really early and phone them (I have an interesting phone bill this month).

As for funds, it needs to be exactly what they say, sufficient. They do not have a set rule that you have to have a certain amount. You need to be able to pay for the move (containers/flights/first accommodation) and support you and your family for a while until you've found a job. I would also advise you to find out what people in your occupation will earn in WA on average, and then find out if based on that, and the cost of accommodation/living where you want to live, you can afford to go to WA.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Karin

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn
Congraulations. We had the same and waited for 2 wks then email and told we definately had it. Letter arrived in post a couple of days later. It"s a great feeling when you see it in black and white, in front of your eyes!! Now the wait for the CO can"t make my mind up if we"ll get 1 in ten days or has it been lengthened by another ten days?? As has some of the other visas. It"s a mine field out there don"t know what I"d do without PIO to turn for advice.

Well done Tracey :huh:

Thanks, Tracey. My lovely CO has promised me that if (when?) the approval comes back from the reviewers, she will e-mail me a copy. Will let you know how long it takes, but will expect another 2 weeks, as was the case with you. I won't be diasappointed then!

Will you let me know when you've been given a CO for your visa? Wish you the best of luck as well,

Karin

Archived