Anyone been granted WA State sponsorship in 2009 yet?

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Oooooh, Tracey, I really, really understand what you're going through, but you are torturing yourself badly! Have a good moan though, I hope it helps!

I try to let it go, not to think about it all day, but I know just how hard that is! This morning, I decided to ring again. The latest news for us is that someone is actually looking at our application now. Not sure whether this is good or bad. The lady I spoke to gave me the name of the person looking at our application, mentioned that everything looks OK, but because my occupation is not on their priority lists, and we are applying for one of those 500 places off-list, a decision hasn't been made yet. I was advised to ring my case officer at the end of next week, by which time they'll know more.

Yet another week of torture for us.....

xxx

Karin

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Waikiki
Oooooh, Tracey, I really, really understand what you're going through, but you are torturing yourself badly! Have a good moan though, I hope it helps!

I try to let it go, not to think about it all day, but I know just how hard that is! This morning, I decided to ring again. The latest news for us is that someone is actually looking at our application now. Not sure whether this is good or bad. The lady I spoke to gave me the name of the person looking at our application, mentioned that everything looks OK, but because my occupation is not on their priority lists, and we are applying for one of those 500 places off-list, a decision hasn't been made yet. I was advised to ring my case officer at the end of next week, by which time they'll know more.

Yet another week of torture for us.....

xxx

Karin

Thats great news that they are looking at your application Karin, hopefully you wont have to wait long now :biggrin: There is hope for us all yet...!

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

I know, can't wait, how are you doing, no news for you yet then? Have you tried ringing? They're very friendly I have to say....

Guest Waikiki
I know, can't wait, how are you doing, no news for you yet then? Have you tried ringing? They're very friendly I have to say....

No news for us yet...will give them a ring on Monday I think. We are in Oz on WHV's so absolutely desperate to get our permanent visas ASAP! Good luck and let us know when you hear - will post what they say on Monday for info anyway!

Guest Waikiki
Sorry, I'm going to sound very stupid now, but what's a WHV?

Ha ha not stupid at all - all these flaming abbreviations! WHV = working holiday visa

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

OK, I understand now. How are you liking Perth? We went on a house swap to Perth in the winter '07-'08, so a while ago, and really, no really, liked it, felt extremely sad to have to go back to UK. How long is your visa for? Is it just you, or family/kids as well? And I image you have a job?

Had a look at houses in Perth on the net yesterday, saw a fantastic house that we would be able to afford, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (we are currently in a tiny temporary rental house, us 2 and three little boys, with 1 toilet, so even this morning, I had to take our youngest out into the garden, as was bursting to go, but toilet was occupied... grrrrrr). So, so, so hoping that WA will say yes, otherwise, I'm pretty sure we're stuffed....

Karin

Guest Waikiki
OK, I understand now. How are you liking Perth? We went on a house swap to Perth in the winter '07-'08, so a while ago, and really, no really, liked it, felt extremely sad to have to go back to UK. How long is your visa for? Is it just you, or family/kids as well? And I image you have a job?

Had a look at houses in Perth on the net yesterday, saw a fantastic house that we would be able to afford, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (we are currently in a tiny temporary rental house, us 2 and three little boys, with 1 toilet, so even this morning, I had to take our youngest out into the garden, as was bursting to go, but toilet was occupied... grrrrrr). So, so, so hoping that WA will say yes, otherwise, I'm pretty sure we're stuffed....

Karin

We absolutely love Perth and have settled in Mandurah for now. We have been here a few times on holiday and have never wanted to go home. It seems particularly fab for young familes as everything over here seems set up to cater for them. Our visas (just me and my husband) are for a year but work options are proving to be pretty limited on this type of visa so hoping not to be on it for too much longer. Will have to fly to Singapore so offshore should our permanant one ever be granted (fingers and toes crossed a little tighter everyday!). When will you be heading over after your visa is granted shortly (being the optimist for us now!!!)? :yes:

PS Know what you mean about the housing - we are renting a brand new detached house here which is just beautiful for less than we were paying to rent a crappy two up-two down place back in the UK!

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

OOOoo, sounds perfect, read good things about Mandurah. Will keep my fingers crossed that you can stay....

We are ready to go, as we sold our house last September, the money is in the bank, and we are living in temporary rental, being the optimists we are... as soon as our visa is granted, we will start making arrangements to ship our stuff, find accommodation, book flights and everything else. We have been waiting for three years, so it's time to go......

xxx

Karin

Guest Tracey Jay
:arghh: still no news!! this is getting beyond a joke!! i"m slowly going round the bend!!

get up every morning to check the emails, wonder all day at work if we"ve get anything in the post.....disappointment 2, then check the emails again to make sure we"ve not been sent anything in their last hour of work.....disappointment 3.

Over 3 weeks since we had the original correspondence, in our minds at that time we were thinking we may have a case officer by now.....what a laugh.

Know there"s lots of people out there feeling the same but it does get you down day after day. Once we"ve got this bit over and it"s a yes then the wait for the case officer then the house to sell.

Can you tell I"m having a bad day?? Thanks for reading my moans Tracey xx

Thanks for the support. After my rant yesterday I emailed WA. Got up to a wonderful email this morning......yessssssssss we"ve got state sponsorship. What a feeling guys. Hope you all hear soon, it"s like tourture!

Not pinning my hopes on getting a case officer in 10 days then I won"t be dissapointed. At least we are one step nearer. :biggrin:

Good luck everyone Tracey

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Tracey,

That is wonderful news, many many congratulations, I am very happy for you, well done!!! Onwards and upwards to a visa now!!

Cheers,

Karin

Guest tomka

congrat tracy. (by the way what kind of documents did you send and with what occupation?

i dont get it. firstly, i applied in dec and have to wait another week (according to the last call). secondly they told me i will get a letter not an email. hopefully waiting is over by end next week.

Guest Waikiki
Thanks for the support. After my rant yesterday I emailed WA. Got up to a wonderful email this morning......yessssssssss we"ve got state sponsorship. What a feeling guys. Hope you all hear soon, it"s like tourture!

Not pinning my hopes on getting a case officer in 10 days then I won"t be dissapointed. At least we are one step nearer. :biggrin:

Good luck everyone Tracey

Congratulations Tracey thats fantastic news :biggrin:. Let us all know when you get that Case Officer! xx

Guest Tracey Jay
congrat tracy. (by the way what kind of documents did you send and with what occupation?

i dont get it. firstly, i applied in dec and have to wait another week (according to the last call). secondly they told me i will get a letter not an email. hopefully waiting is over by end next week.

Hi tom, hope you here soon it drives you round the bend!!

I"m a hairdresser I sent my TRA CV and a covering letter explaining I have a cousin and friend in Perth.

I emailed them and got a reply saying I had been awarded SS. You do get notified by post we got that on sat morning.....What a feeling!! The letter was dated 10th and arrived on 14th so didn"t take long. Now the wait for the CO.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I will post when I get CO hope others do the same so we can all see how things are progressing

Cheers Tracey.:jiggy:

Guest Waikiki
No news for us yet...will give them a ring on Monday I think. We are in Oz on WHV's so absolutely desperate to get our permanent visas ASAP! Good luck and let us know when you hear - will post what they say on Monday for info anyway!

Hi guys just thought i would let you know the outcome of my call to WA state sponsorship this morning - they said they are unwilling to give any status updates anymore on applications as it is slowing their process too much and they are receiving hundreds of new applications everyday. With a bit of pushing i was able to get them to tell me that they are currently processing applications from the end of december (??!!!??) and to expect my application to take a couple more weeks (they told me this a couple of weeks ago as well!). Think like has been said previously a 'couple more weeks' is the standard answer they give out now but to be honest they sounded pretty peed off at yet another status query call. Don't think today's expected announcement about cuts to the CSL list is going to help their workload one little bit! xx

Guest mcleod275

Hi Guys

I have been reading your posts with interested we submitted our WA SSV on 17th February and have given up hope hearing anything within the timescales they told me on the email below:

Currently, due to unprecedented demand, the processing for State Sponsorships is 4 – 6 weeks. With the introduction of the new processing priorities by DIAC, we have received more than double the applications we would normally receive.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Xxxxxxxx

Xxxxxx Xxxxxx

Senior Migration Officer

Government of Western Australia

Certainly this seems the case if they are still processing December's!! Will keep you updated if we hear anything else.

Claire xx

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi Claire,

Welcome to the thread and join the club! I see in your timeline that you too already have a 175 and are tring to get a 176. Can you tell me what occupation you are applying under? Are you on any of their priority lists?

I must say, the last couple of months have been the longest in my entire life. And this week is even worse, seeing as the last news I personally got from WA is that we do have a case officer at the moment, but to ring them back at the end of this week. I got up this morning again to nothing, so another day of trying not to think about it....

And I agree with you completely, the timeline so far for us is not 4 - 6 weeks, it has already been 9 weeks now.....

Good luck with your waiting game,

Cheers,

Karin

Guest mcleod275

Hi Karin

My OH is cook by trade so we are on the MODL but not on the CSL. We decided to apply for state sponsorship after the changes in January. We do not want to be in Perth until January 2010 as OH is military and he is not released until then. However Jan 2010 is also the latest we want to be there as we will be homeless and jobless after that which will just create a whole load of new problems!! My daughter has been offered a school place in a really good school and as she will be going to High School that year we really wanted to be there for her to start the new year with everyone else to help her settle more. Originally thought that applying in October 08 would be fine for wanting to be there in January 10 now I am not so sure.

Here's to the long wait!!

Claire xx

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

So, spoke to my WA case officer this morning, who's been away for the last two weeks, which explains why I haven't heard anything after my initial phone call, and also... just my luck! Anyway, she hasn't had a look at my application, although she immediately, without me giving her my reference number, knew who I was (the interpreter, a mistake a lot of people make, it really is not the same as a translator, but never mind). I don't know whether the fact that she knows of me is a good thing or a bad thing.

As it stands, she said she will have a look at my application at the beginning of next week. So we'll wait again. Didn't get much sleep again last night, was up at half past 5 checking my e-mail and then on the phone to WA. Should be an interesting phone bill this month...

xxx

Karin

Guest Waikiki
So, spoke to my WA case officer this morning, who's been away for the last two weeks, which explains why I haven't heard anything after my initial phone call, and also... just my luck! Anyway, she hasn't had a look at my application, although she immediately, without me giving her my reference number, knew who I was (the interpreter, a mistake a lot of people make, it really is not the same as a translator, but never mind). I don't know whether the fact that she knows of me is a good thing or a bad thing.

As it stands, she said she will have a look at my application at the beginning of next week. So we'll wait again. Didn't get much sleep again last night, was up at half past 5 checking my e-mail and then on the phone to WA. Should be an interesting phone bill this month...

xxx

Karin

Fingers crossed for you Karin, I know exactly how you feel - everytime an email comes in I jump to it hoping it might be something. Hopefully this hurdle will be over for both of us soon!

Guest Mike&lou

Hi iv been reading the post good starter.

Been taken of csl,still on modl so applying for 176 now

Im a electrician by trade just gutted by this whole thing , at least im still on the modl.

Few Q pls, can some one pls send me a pm with the numbers they have used to contact the department in question.thanks

Guest Karin_and_Mervyn

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the thread, what a nightmare this is, isn't it, them taking tradies of the CSL. You are now going through exactly what I went through in January, when the new processing order went out. So I can only commiserate.

As for the number, I only know the one for WA obviously, just go to State Migration Centre and click on 'contact us'. You will find both the phone number and the e-mail address. This site also has a wealth of good info on it.

Good luck with your application, go for it,

Karin

Guest mcleod275

Hi Karin

It seems like you are moving in the right direction, hopefully not too much longer now. I think I might wait until the end of the month when our application has been in 6 weeks and make an enquiry to the progress.

With all the new changes having taken place I am so pleased that we applied for 176 when we did.

Claire xx

Oh no!!!! I think I might have messed up!

I submitted the WA State Sponsorship application on line in February. I thought it was a difficult form to fill in as it didn't really give any guidance on which bits were mandatory and which bits just related to certain circumstances. I am not using an Agent so had nobody to check it for me. Anyway, I had read that you had to submit a successful skills assessment with the application so when I got to the bit where it asked me to upload document, I just uploaded the Vetassess result.

After reading some threads about these applications I can see that people have also uploaded their CV. I didn't do this. Was this mandatory or optional?? Will they reject my application?? Has anyone else done this?

Help!

Thanks

Mandy

Archived