now for the really dopey questions!

Jackboots

OK , SO WHERE DO PUT THE STUFF LIKE LOTS OF TOILETRIES ETC THAT WE GOT FOR XMAS AND STUFF LIKE BITS AND BOBS DON'T WANT TO USE THE SPACE IN CASES AND DEF NOT HANDLUGGAGE , CAN WE SHIP IT OR SHALL I BIN IT??

YOU KNOW THE SILLY STUFF LIKE PERFUMES AND BODY STUFF, ALL THAT ..

I MEAN HOW MUCH DO YOU KEEP THROWING AWAY, KNOWONE TELLS YOU HOW WEIRD THIS PART IS TOTALLY UNRAVELLING YOUR HOME :eek: AS TO THE HANDBAG AND SHOES ... THE OTHER HALF IS LIKE WHOA YOUR TAKING WHAT?? LOL

OK , SO WHERE DO PUT THE STUFF LIKE LOTS OF TOILETRIES ETC THAT WE GOT FOR XMAS AND STUFF LIKE BITS AND BOBS DON'T WANT TO USE THE SPACE IN CASES AND DEF NOT HANDLUGGAGE , CAN WE SHIP IT OR SHALL I BIN IT??

I MEAN HOW MUCH DO YOU KEEP THROWING AWAY, KNOWONE TELLS YOU HOW WEIRD THIS PART IS TOTALLY UNRAVELLING YOUR HOME :eek: AS TO THE HANDBAG AND SHOES ... THE OTHER HALF IS LIKE WHOA YOUR TAKING WHAT?? LOL

hi sharon ....i put mine and my daughters perfumes etc into one plastic storage box ...for the shippers ....as long as the bottles are tightly screwed you shouldnt have a prob ...i did split the boxes incase customs made us pay any duty :wink:

mrs keily

hi sharon ....i put mine and my daughters perfumes etc into one plastic storage box ...for the shippers ....as long as the bottles are tightly screwed you shouldnt have a prob ...i did split the boxes incase customs made us pay any duty :wink:

mrs keily

thanks , keep forgetting your going through this part at the same time , odd isn't it... x

Guest slipshot

Best tip I could give. Buy cheap large soft bags to take on the plane (as in checked luggage) and just one hard case. We had loads of hard cases but each weights between 5 and 7.5 kg. With small amounts of luggage allowance, thsi is a lot of weight to lose. Thus we had one hard case with all stuff like toiletries, daughters medicne etc all wrapped in a hard case and then soft bags that weight virtually nothing for everything else. Nothing got broken, all arrived in time and got loads more stuff on the plane. Remember, weight is the issue, not number of bags, so have as many bags as you like.

Oh, and Heathrow accept up to 25 kg per bag, but most airlines only go to 20kg. But Heathrow does the checking so it;s fine to go up to 25 per bag!

great tip about the soft bags, i was thinking of getting hard cases so nothing got broke but as its only clothes we are taking it wont matter, going on a 457 visa so only allowed the standard 20 kilo's. I have a large soft holdall but it has a solid frame on the bottom and wheels and weighs a lot when empty. Also going get small suitcases to take on as hand luggage and fill with hairdryer, straightners etc so wont take up weight in checked luggage (thats if I can take these things on board) and also the largest handbag i can find. LOL

The company who was sponsoring my husband was all systems go then all of a sudden when we were chasing re 457 so we could do our side rang and told OH job is now on hold due to economic situation and there were 3 identical posts open in this company and all 3 have now been put on hold well as we all know 'on hold' is just another way of saying job no longer available ever!! so he is now back to sending upto 50 plus emails a day trying to source another 457. He hasn't a degree so otherwise he would have to go through RPL etc....

great tip about the soft bags, i was thinking of getting hard cases so nothing got broke but as its only clothes we are taking it wont matter, going on a 457 visa so only allowed the standard 20 kilo's. I have a large soft holdall but it has a solid frame on the bottom and wheels and weighs a lot when empty. Also going get small suitcases to take on as hand luggage and fill with hairdryer, straightners etc so wont take up weight in checked luggage (thats if I can take these things on board) and also the largest handbag i can find. LOL

You will lose your straighteners if you do , your hand luggage has to be a specific size small suitcase mite be too big , you will get away with 25 kg

mally

Guest mackemsok

Hi Sharon

God it is so strange cause i have just gone through all that.......

I did send some of the newer stuff i got for christmas in the container - but they did warn me that as the ship passes through extreeme temperatures it could affect the products. I visited the local dump so many times getting rid of stuff, it was sad to see some of the stuff go, but after most of the family claimed what they wanted of the things we were leaving (like freezer, drinks fridge and the like) what were we to do with what was left??? I have given the charities what i thought they would want too. It all seemed so real when we were clearing the house - we are now left with a shell of a house and still living in it till mid march - but we wanted the stuff to arrive sooner out there so made the sacrifice here. One thing that is good about that decision is the housework is done in no time now.......lol

The guys who packed the house said take everything and what we didnt want at the other side we could just get rid of - that made sense as we did not quite fill the 20 foot container.

Good luck

Sharon:hug:

Guest mackemsok
Even though our 457 has been put on hold still not stopped clearing out and decluttering two more bags to charity shop tomorrow weather permitting as its snowing again here

Hi Lyn

what happened to your visa?

Hope all is well

OMG,another Sunderland girl. where are you headed to. I'm from Sunderland but moved to Suffolk 22 years ago. We are headed for Brisbane hopefully in the next couple of months, just waiting for registration to come through. We are also going on 457, can I just ask you, how much baggage allowance did you get for your flights. We've been told that as it's a temporary visa we only get 20 kilos. How on earth do you pack everything in only 20kilo. lol.

Guest mackemsok
OMG,another Sunderland girl. where are you headed to. I'm from Sunderland but moved to Suffolk 22 years ago. We are headed for Brisbane hopefully in the next couple of months, just waiting for registration to come through. We are also going on 457, can I just ask you, how much baggage allowance did you get for your flights. We've been told that as it's a temporary visa we only get 20 kilos. How on earth do you pack everything in only 20kilo. lol.

Hi there

Yey another Sunderland lass....lol

We are going to Perth in March so not long to go. If you register on moving planet and book your flights through them you will get the 50kg's rather than the 20kg's even on a 457.

Good luck honey

good luck with the move Sharon, you lucky, lucky people. :cool:cant decide whether to rough it here and send stuff first or rough it when we get there and wait for it all to arrive. oh the dilemma's of emigrating. :rolleyes:

take care, all the best, though wish you were going to Brisbane lol.

Archived