cost of medicals

lynnes

Guest WARDStoOZ
just got back from medicals. waited around for ages then quick height, weight, BP, very quick eye test then he listened to my chest, in and out within 10 mins and £230 lighter. Chest xray at nuffield, again waited for ages, paid another £130 and came home. Been out of the house for 6 hours for less than 20 mins of their time.

Sorry to hear you had to wait around for so long Lynne, at least it's another thing over and done with now,

Dan xx

Guest vixpinkbabe
thanks, this does help a lot, I chose this particular doctor in Cambridge as they could do the whole lot in one day, though we do have to go 5 mins down the road for xrays. and they could fit us in quickly, I might just ring round the others tomorrow and check out the prices. Though most of them were in London any my hubby will not set foot in London. The only other one was Norwich, mmmmm, and him being a suffolk lad !!!!!!!lol

Hiya, I was SO close to going to Cambridge but chose Birmingham at last minute because we could go straight up the M1 rather than driving to Camrbidge which was all wyndy roads. Im so glad I didnt as they are SO expensive! Mine was £260 which included EVERYTHING, x-rays, blood tests, courier, everything! I had no idea they varied.

Is Birmingham too far for you? Suppose you;d end up spending extra on petrol to get a cheap Dr so its swings and round abouts. Handsworth in Birmingham were wonderful tho, very organised and made the whole process very easy. They are also happy to keep our medicals as DIAC are asking us not to send until we have a case officer - I have heard some surgeries wont keep them xxxxxx

Best of luck, and dont worry, it'll be fine. I got all worked up for no reason xxxxxxxxx

Guest vixpinkbabe

Whoops, just scrolled up and realised that u have already been. Sorry.

Glad it all went ok :) Told you it'd be fine :) xxxxx

Hi Lynne,

Glad to hear you have your medicals out of the way....know what you mean about the wait though.....OH left home at 7.15am for 9.00 am appointment...eventually left for work from there at 11.30. His medical was quite thorough though..it was the waiting for the xray that took the time.

Still thats step over and done with now to the next!!!

Have our buyers comnig tomorrow to measure up. All getting very real now.

Sue x:wub:

Guest Southern Cross
Hi Lou,

Yes it is the one on Povey Cross Road. Husband had his medical this morning he phoned and is now on his way to work. He said he was a bit shocked that he had to strip to his underpants though!!!!! Hopefully he had on a pair with no holes!!!

Our surveyor has just been for the house.....so I hope the visa comes soon otherwise we are in trouble.

I know what you mean about the proof thing...been together over 20 years and having to prove you are in a relationship seems stupid..but I can see why they do it......I have to be honest we have no photos or invites just bank statements, joint life insurance marriage certificate and copies of kids birth certificates (oldest is 14) so if that isn't proof I don't know what is.

Good luck with your application.

Sue x

I have been gathering evidence today (should have been on PPA (teachers will know what I mean!) but needed to photocopy birth certificates etc. As evidence we have joint bank account, savings account 3 children etc., but have never kept envelopes etc addressed to both of us over the years. Have kids birth certificiates, 27,23,21! The utility bills are in OH name, and any wedding invites etc. were put in the bin after the event.....we have been married 30 years FFS! In this day and age that seems to be the exception to the rule. If it isn't enough, don't know what else to give them! Louxxxx

I have been gathering evidence today (should have been on PPA (teachers will know what I mean!) but needed to photocopy birth certificates etc. As evidence we have joint bank account, savings account 3 children etc., but have never kept envelopes etc addressed to both of us over the years. Have kids birth certificiates, 27,23,21! The utility bills are in OH name, and any wedding invites etc. were put in the bin after the event.....we have been married 30 years FFS! In this day and age that seems to be the exception to the rule. If it isn't enough, don't know what else to give them! Louxxxx

Am I missing something here!!!!! Will we have to prove that we are together when we apply for our visa?

JOHN

Hi Mr Luvpants,

If you are intending to go on a 309/100 visa..this is a spouse visa..when one of you is an Australian Citizen. So if you are on a skills visa or similar then not sure what you have to do. They do this only cos some people may get together just to gain entry to Oz.

Your panic over I hope!!!!!

Sue

Hi all , thanks for all the nice reply's, like you say its all done now and we cant do anything else untill my registration comes through. PC have been sent and should come back next week, medicals and xrays they will send direct so now we just wait, and wait and wait grrrrrrrrrrrr so frustrating. On the positive side my sister who sent her paperwork to ANMC 2 weeks befor me has heard back from them and they just need our nmc to forward her course verification (nurses will know what i'm on about) and someone from the hospital we will be working in has said it should now only be 2-3 months. So yes, like you say Sue, getting very real now, hope the house thing goes ok. We still have to decorate our hall, landing and stairs and daughters bedroom so we had better get a wriggle on I suppose.

Southern Corss, you could always send them your wedding photos LOL x Or, to really annoy them every photo you have ever taken over the last 30 years, that sould convince them, good luck. you really made me chuckle .

Guest Grace1981
We Paid £650 for meds, blood tests, xrays and datapost to Oz. This is for a family of 4. Went to Harley Street, and the service was fab. Went on Friday 30th Jan and all the results were shipped on the Tuesday after - so really quick.

I would recommend the one we used.

Mx

Hi I've quoted £260 each not including courier, what was the name of the place is harley street? Also how much was it for each adult?

Thanks

We had our medicals on 22nd January 2009 in Wrexham, North Wales

We paid a total cost of £737.00 for myself, OH and two 11 year olds (inc medicals, x-rays and bloods)

Hi, We were at Wrexham the same day as you. We were in at 9.30. hope yours went ok! Our eldest son has just been recalled for another blood test, £96 they're charging and I don't think he had,or needed the Hep ones!!! I was expecting £50 maybe but not £96. Anyway, good luck to you all.:no:

Guest trooper

these were the prices that we paid in cambridge - we were in and out includung a 5 min drive to the x-ray unit within an hour

Adult (aged 15 and over): £185 for Medical (£90), HIV Blood Test (£30) & Chest X-Ray (£65)

11-14: £155 for Medical (£90) & Chest X-Ray (£65)

Under 11: £60 for Medical

Postage £50 to Australia by ParcelForce Worldwide Courier or £20 to London - depends on where you've applied to

Archived