cost of medicals

lynnes

Hi All,

we have our medicals booked for Friday at a cost of £245 + £65 for chest x-ray + £50 for courier to Oz. I have just read on another thread that their medical was £175 (or there abouts). I assumed that that the cost would be the same as Diac have a list of approved centres for these medicals to be done. I would be interested to know what others have been charged for meds etc. :confused: many thanks

Lynne

Guest Clairey b

Hi Lynne

We went to Handsworth in B'ham and paid £260 all in for the adults, £90 for the 12 year old and £50 for the younger 2. (this does also include courier)

Hope this helps

Claire

thanks, this does help a lot, I chose this particular doctor in Cambridge as they could do the whole lot in one day, though we do have to go 5 mins down the road for xrays. and they could fit us in quickly, I might just ring round the others tomorrow and check out the prices. Though most of them were in London any my hubby will not set foot in London. The only other one was Norwich, mmmmm, and him being a suffolk lad !!!!!!!lol

Guest Clairey b

Hi Lynne

It was really easy having everything done at the same time, but i know that not all practices offer that.

It is definately worth ringing round for some quotes as i rang several and they varied quite alot-and any pennies you can save can only be a good thing eh!!

Best of luck

Claire

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Guys,

Just reading your posts and you emtion courier. Whats this about ? Does it get the meds to Oz more quickly ? and does it include the xray too ? Is the option always available ?

We are having our meds and xrays done on Friday - all at the same place.

Hi Ledges,

not sure if it gets the results there any quicker but they have to send by secure post. This, in my case, does not include xrays, its an extra payment. Its all money, money, money!!!!!!. I'm at work all day today, but tomorrow I'm going to phone around and see if I can get it any cheaper, only problem is, the visa people need them asap.

Where are you having yours done?

All the best

Lynne

Guest angela sykes

hi lynne

we had our medicals done last week in manchester , they cost £115 each(over 11), for my 4 yr old it was £55. the xrays done at the same place where £75 each then post was £45.

ironically we had them done by dr million!!!

angela x

Hi Sue

just got confirmation letter today, breakdown is as follows

medical (for aged 15 and over £90

hiv test £30

hep B £20

heb C £40

chest x ray £65

total £210

chest x ray for OH £65

parcel force courier £50

TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING £325

So all in all not as bad as I first thought, cant cancel it anyway now as wont be able to phone round other places till tomorrow and this one will charge £75 if we cancel with less than 72 hours notice which by the time I phone round and then call them it will be too late so will just go with these people.

chest x ray for OH £65

Hi Lynne,

As you say does not sound too bad when broken down. Thankfully only husband needs medical as 3 kids and I have Australian Citizenship. He also only needs medical, chest xray and HIV test - which you have to have, and also his visa is being dealt with by Australia House in London. I have phoned today and moved his forward to this week...as the house is back under offer and they have a cash buyer waiting to move asap so it would seem they want to move quickly so hopefully our visa won't be long and we could finalise the house and go quite quickly....fingers crossed.

Good luck with your medical.

Sue xx

thats fantastic news Sue, sounds like you should be on your way very soon, where are you headed, or have you already said and i missed it?. We are still waiting for my registration to come through from Queensland and it's soooooo frustrating, we just want to get going now, especially with all this horrid cold snow.

Guest The "legdes"

Hi Lynne,

We are having ours done at the Nuffield hospital in York - meds, bloods and xrays. I'll make sure I ask them about the postage/courier.

We have the 2 of us, a 17 year old, a 13 year old and a 3 year old and am expecting the bill to be around £1050 - youch!!

Happy to go there though as I know two families who have done there and have had no complaints.

Good luck with yours.

quote=lynnes;419333]Hi Ledges,

not sure if it gets the results there any quicker but they have to send by secure post. This, in my case, does not include xrays, its an extra payment. Its all money, money, money!!!!!!. I'm at work all day today, but tomorrow I'm going to phone around and see if I can get it any cheaper, only problem is, the visa people need them asap.

Where are you having yours done?

All the best

Lynne

Hi Lynne,

We are hoping to go to Perth. I have rellies there. I was born in Perth and grew up in Geraldton (300 miles north) until my family returned to England in 1977. Have not been back since. So in for an adventure I think. Just getting worried now about the situation with work (OH is in the building trade).

Are you able to go once your registration is through. My husband is now worried about medical and thinks he is going to fail!!!! He hasn't been to the doctors in over 20 years!!!!

Good luck.

Sue

Hi we had are meds in december in tavistock, devon we dont have a choice of panel doctors down here. We had 2 ad, 2 kids meds, 2 hiv test, 2 xrays, 1 hep b and 1 hep c and it all came to just under £1,000. We then had to pay £88.00 for courier we could of had them sent free with royal mail but wanted to insure them as you can see they where expensive.

Rachael

Guest tigers08

yer lindley practice huddersfield where good, adults 95 kids 65 , blood tests 15 each, postage to sydney 18 pound, then x rays for me and my wife 56 pound each, was very good especially with the x rays only across the road. had ours done last friday 30th jan

Guest Southern Cross
Hi Lynne,

The clinic my husband is going to quoted £254 for everything. It varies from doctor to doctor. We are going to Crawley for ours only cos medical and xray all done at same location.

Sue

Hi Sue,

Are you going to the one in Povey Cross Road? That's where my hubby will be going for the meds for his spouse visa too! He was quoted the same amount. Am currently working on the evidence for our relationship. When you've been married 30 years it seems a bit ridiculous and is beginning to sound as though I need a sick bucket! Good luck for Friday, hope the snow has all gone by then! Lou xx

Hi Lou,

Yes it is the one on Povey Cross Road. Husband had his medical this morning he phoned and is now on his way to work. He said he was a bit shocked that he had to strip to his underpants though!!!!! Hopefully he had on a pair with no holes!!!

Our surveyor has just been for the house.....so I hope the visa comes soon otherwise we are in trouble.

I know what you mean about the proof thing...been together over 20 years and having to prove you are in a relationship seems stupid..but I can see why they do it......I have to be honest we have no photos or invites just bank statements, joint life insurance marriage certificate and copies of kids birth certificates (oldest is 14) so if that isn't proof I don't know what is.

Good luck with your application.

Sue x

just got back from medicals. waited around for ages then quick height, weight, BP, very quick eye test then he listened to my chest, in and out within 10 mins and £230 lighter. Chest xray at nuffield, again waited for ages, paid another £130 and came home. Been out of the house for 6 hours for less than 20 mins of their time.

We Paid £650 for meds, blood tests, xrays and datapost to Oz. This is for a family of 4. Went to Harley Street, and the service was fab. Went on Friday 30th Jan and all the results were shipped on the Tuesday after - so really quick.

I would recommend the one we used.

Mx

Archived