transferring from R.N to R.A.N royal navy to royal australian navy

Guest guest25493

Guest The Spoonies

Hi,

My friends daughter came with her and her husband as a dependant. She was over 18 and wasn't in education either. She was treated exactly the same as her brothers. Our daughter was over 18 but we moved virtually the week she sat her A'Levels.

I'm sure everything will work out.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest terrigary

Hi all

Myself, wife and 2 kids are going though the same process, going to Perth in January as well.

We submitted our visa application in late June, I emailed them the other day to make sure we had a case officer assigned, but they told me that their was a bit of a backlog as they had a large influx of applications at the end of June.

I was told that i would be assigned a case officer in 1 to 2 weeks, they mentioned on the email that it can take up up to 5 months but they usually try to get them done and dusted as soon as possible.

We put our house on the market at the end of June and managed to get our asking price and sell it within 6 days!!!!! Luckily as well, the young lady who is buying it wants to save a bit more money and doesnt want to move in til Dcember, so it all fell into place really well, well it will have when we get a visa!!!!!!

Antbody else going to Perth? I leave the RN in October. :wink:

Regards

Gary

Guest terrigary

Hi Liz

I am Pompey based too, but live in Birmingham, I left Illustrious in June. I have a daughter 11 and a boy just turned 4, he doesn't really understand yet, but my daughter can't wait. I really like the look of Secret Harbour, but to tell you the truth, all the areas around Rockingham seem nice. have you seen any preferable areas yet.

Gary

Guest terrigary

Hi Liz

The travelling did used to do my head in!!!!! but im on re-settlement leave now/summer leave then into to terminal leave, so I have only got to go back for a day now to hand my ID card in basically.

I suppose the area where we all choose to live is dependent on what they have available as well, i've got a mate who has been their 2 months now, he only got offered 2 houses, although it is nice what he chose, but I suppose their is an option to rent or buy in a preferable area, not sure tho.

Have you filled in an a form 80 for your visa, I havent been asked to, but I know a few people have, most of the info is on the 47es anyway, I have got a form 80 ready to go if they ask for it

Guest guest25493

Gosh, I hope it doesn't take 5 months, but if there is a back log, I know we dont need it till January, but I think the RAN need it before we can arrange flights, removals, house hunting etc.

Guest guest25493

CONGRATULATIONS, you must feel so much better now that has been granted. How laong did that take in total from the day you sent off your 47ES? What do you have to do now? Anyway, congrats again, take care, Lynette

Guest guest25493

really pleased for you Liz, two months isnt so bad them, ours went off on the 1st June, recieved 9 th June. it has been processed they were just waiting for meds to arrive, so I guess it could be any time.

You will have to let me know everything that happens . I guess the worst of the waiting is over now, now you have got so much to look forward to.

Take care

Lynette

Guest terrigary

Hi Liz

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That is fantastic news for you and your family, really pleased for you. I took your advice and sent off the form 80's. My 47es went a couple of weeks after yours, so hopefully ours wont be too long either.

Got to Dubai today for a holday, tried to forget about visa applications etc, didnt work tho!!!!!!!!

Regards

Gary

Guest terrigary

Hi Meddy

A guy I know who has just arrived in Perth pays $400 (£200) per fortnight, he's got a 4 bed, 2 bathroom house which is 2 years old. Hope this helps

Gary

Guest The Spoonies
Congrats Snowy! Im still waiting for the application pack!!

anyone know how much a married quarter is likely to cost?

I think ours cost around $165 per fortnight including water, that was about a year ago before we bought our own house. Again it depends on your entitlement and the house that you have.

In case you haven't already read somewhere you don't have to do the big marchout here. You leave the house as clean and tidy as you normally would and then a cleaner does the rest. You don't have any choice and the cost of the cleaner is automatically deducted from your salary. Old habits die hard though and I still practically did a march out!

Good luck to all of you. We're into our third year (can't believe we've been here 2 years already) and we love it although I do miss Asda and Tesco LOL.

cool thanks for that. Missus has put me into a bit of a dilemma. Terry George said we could be out there by next October. Next March i will have done 10 years. Missus thinks i should wait until ive done 12 years, so i can get the £10K lump sum and the half pension. I just want to get cracking.:arghh:

Guest nev_n_angie

Not too sure if any of you have been in touch with DHA as yet - we managed to jack up MQ prior to arriving and it made things sooo much easier. We couldn't search on line until we had a pass word - couldn't get a password until member of ADF - became member of ADF day before we came across - sounds like a bit of a nightmare, but we managed to get in touch via email and they sent through a house pretty quickly! We arrived 7th September and viewed and accepted on the 10th - all good! We also sorted schools prior to coming out so the kids all started straight away!

Best of luck to all coming across!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest25493

All systems go. our info pack has arrived. Our flights have been booked for the 12th January. We are on the new Quantas airbus, :) We are stopping in Singapore, seems so real now

Guest terrigary

Hi all

everything does seem to be moving quick now, we have flights booked on the 14th, pre move survey is booked 25th, getting scary now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest guest25493

congratulations everyone. We had pickfords around today, they are coming on the 29th, 30th and 31st December. Good luck to everyone for their new life in Australia.

hugs to you all

Lynette

Guest terrigary

Thanks Liz

A real shock this morning when we turned the computer on!!!!! We have got our survey on friday. Hoping to get our uplift at the end of November, but we will have to pay to have it stored by Pickfords until the 13th December. We sold our house and we are moving out on the 1st December, I dont mind paying the storage costs tho, it will save us moving everything twice. you're right, their are some busy times ahead, but will be well worthwhile.

Gary

Congrats Gary, mind if i ask when you put the visa application in? Just about to send ours off for transfer to Aus Army, guessing the timeline for the visa is about the same

Guest guest25493

Jeyes fluid, we will be sick of the smell of it over christmas, lol. Can't believe the removers do everything, even dismantle the beds!!! We are waiting for them to text us, because we were unsure whether or not we can take our goose down quilts. They only found a few things that we couldn't take, a shell my daughter bought me :( so my mum in law will have that, and some straw hats we were given at disney land. Getting a little scared now, but more excited. , flights booked, hotels booked, hire care booked , removers booked, bank account opened ( we used NAB) really helpful. It has been a long year, but it has been great getting to know you all. Take everyone, Lynette

Guest terrigary

Thanks

I had all the medicals done at the start of June for myself and my family, the visa application went in at the end of June, the payment was processed on the 6th July, unfortunatley their was a big influx at the end of June which cased a bit of a backlog, which did worry me a bit, but today was the day the visa arrived!!!!!! they say at the DIAC it can take up to 5 months, but have never heard of anyone joining the Navy having to wait that long.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Thanks

I had all the medicals done at the start of June for myself and my family, the visa application went in at the end of June, the payment was processed on the 6th July, unfortunatley their was a big influx at the end of June which cased a bit of a backlog, which did worry me a bit, but today was the day the visa arrived!!!!!! they say at the DIAC it can take up to 5 months, but have never heard of anyone joining the Navy having to wait that long.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Cheers mate, sort of what we were hoping.

Good luck

Archived