homeward bound

chippy2

:hug:well thats it eveyone,fligths booked enjoyed the holiday.Due to no work,nothing but hassle sending off countless resumes and non returned phone calls for jobs.Decided to head home give it a go but would prefer to ride this recession out back home at least ive got a job there if i want one.Saying that would have gone back anyway when work picked back up in the uk as can earn alot more money,wouldnt have to travel as far,and to be honest we migth not have the sun but had a better life style back in uk.and with the prices of houses coming down will just start from where we left off.enjoyed it here but dont think its for me, :laugh:

Guest Working to fish
:hug:well thats it eveyone,fligths booked enjoyed the holiday.Due to no work,nothing but hassle sending off countless resumes and non returned phone calls for jobs.Decided to head home give it a go but would prefer to ride this recession out back home at least ive got a job there if i want one.Saying that would have gone back anyway when work picked back up in the uk as can earn alot more money,wouldnt have to travel as far,and to be honest we migth not have the sun but had a better life style back in uk.and with the prices of houses coming down will just start from where we left off.enjoyed it here but dont think its for me, :laugh:

Good luck mate ,you been here done it and all that , will be good to hear how you get on in the uk if thats ok.

eddie

Guest 0405delboy

Hello chippy,

When do you leave? Oh well, at least you can say youve done it eh? Take care chippy2 and family!!

regards 0405delboy :wink:

Guest JoanneHattersley

Better to be able to say "I did" rather than "I wish I had!"

Good on ya for giving it a go.....any chance you`ll be a ping pom pom??

Guest Andy Chapman

How long you been in Oz Chippy

Never mind i bet your X employer in the UK will be glad to have you back eh.

Andy

Guest Chrissy

All the very best chippy, sorry i didnt return ur last pm. Hope it all works out ok in Blighty for u guys, let us know how u get on.

Weve decided to give it more time here and see how it goes, hopefully things in job market will pick up. If not the wife will have to work!!!! good luck.

Guest kazmatt

good luck chippy, work here is a real killer, the travel is a nightmare, i have to travel 2 hours tomorrow to get to work, living in jimboomba and tomorrows job is other side of caboolture, i used to travel 10-20 mins back home at the most, you gave it a go, good luck, matt.

just like to say thanks eveyone,its a shame to go but wifes pregnant with no 4 and think oz will go like uk to a extent with this recession.wanted to make a go of it but with work situation like it is dont want to keep living off savings,thanks to eddie and will let you know how it goes on back in the uk.having only been here 5 months i know some people will say havnt given it long enougth,dont get me wrong love the place its just this recession.will still be hard back home,but family decisson,was thinking of relocating but with the talk of the recession think its too much of a gamble so back to england,give it a couple of years then will reasses again as have pr visa.just put this down to bad timing as if come earlier would found work better and setteled easier.

just like to say thanks eveyone,its a shame to go but wifes pregnant with no 4 and think oz will go like uk to a extent with this recession.wanted to make a go of it but with work situation like it is dont want to keep living off savings,thanks to eddie and will let you know how it goes on back in the uk.having only been here 5 months i know some people will say havnt given it long enougth,dont get me wrong love the place its just this recession.will still be hard back home,but family decisson,was thinking of relocating but with the talk of the recession think its too much of a gamble so back to england,give it a couple of years then will reasses again as have pr visa.just put this down to bad timing as if come earlier would found work better and setteled easier.

Hi Chippy, good post, you sound like a real sensible guy. Good luck to you and your family back in England and good luck with no 4. andy

Guest PommieLady

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you and your family.

I think its great that it hasn't made you give up your dream and you're already planning to come back.

Good on ya.

All the best

:wubclub:

Guest michelle in Havant

Hi Chippy

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you this time round! At least you gave it a go and you can always go back to oz when things pick up a bit.

Good luck with the move back to cold, wet and windy uk, and congratulations on baby no 4!!!!

Let us know how you are getting on when you are settled.

michelle x

Guest jewels1356

the resesion hitting very hard hear make sure you def got that job as thing going one by one hear and not much of a glimmer in sight but if you got a stronge familey good luck

julie

xx

you hit the nail on the head earlswood,tried a few currys here and binned the lot.do miss a proper english pint too,now weve made the decision to return feel like a weights been lifted so will enjoy what time we have left,as said returning cos of no work,so beware to any carpenters coming out trying to escape the recession in the uk as atleast you can get finacial support back home than having to live off your hard earned savings?

Guest kazmatt
you hit the nail on the head earlswood,tried a few currys here and binned the lot.do miss a proper english pint too,now weve made the decision to return feel like a weights been lifted so will enjoy what time we have left,as said returning cos of no work,so beware to any carpenters coming out trying to escape the recession in the uk as atleast you can get finacial support back home than having to live off your hard earned savings?

thats a good bit of advice, and i think it spreads right accross the building trades, there is very little work here any more.

Guest brooksey

If i'd got a job in England i would be tempted to follow you. I spent 6 hrs going to loads of sites in Brisbane and Gold Coast and 4 hrs day before.

Wife won't even consider going back and we've got a dog so can't go back anyway. If work was good in England i'd go back alone for 3 or 4 months to work 7 days a week and come back.

Where abouts in UK are you from? Have a chicken curry and a few pints and let me know what it tastes like.:radar:

Good luck mate:smile:

If i'd got a job in England i would be tempted to follow you. I spent 6 hrs going to loads of sites in Brisbane and Gold Coast and 4 hrs day before.

Wife won't even consider going back and we've got a dog so can't go back anyway. If work was good in England i'd go back alone for 3 or 4 months to work 7 days a week and come back.

Where abouts in UK are you from? Have a chicken curry and a few pints and let me know what it tastes like.:radar:

Good luck mate

thinking i can taste it already brooksey,came from wakefield,so was just up the m1 from you,got a few contacts still back home and noticed a few decent joinery jobs are still about so back again.been on the news again this morning here building industry looks very bleak another big builder gone under,think its the tip of the iceberg thats why were bailing,just cant keep sitting on my arse getting fatter.know its going to be a rough year here for all tradies with us brits been at bottom of pile.wish you luck with the job hunting brooksey dont let the ba####ds get to you.got a reply from a job yesterday here saying i was unsucessfull so out of the hundreads of job ads i applied for i have now heard back from 2 ha ha,if i dont laugh ill cry haha :laugh:

Guest earlswood

Good luck mate

thinking i can taste it already brooksey,came from wakefield,so was just up the m1 from you,got a few contacts still back home and noticed a few decent joinery jobs are still about so back again.been on the news again this morning here building industry looks very bleak another big builder gone under,think its the tip of the iceberg thats why were bailing,just cant keep sitting on my arse getting fatter.know its going to be a rough year here for all tradies with us brits been at bottom of pile.wish you luck with the job hunting brooksey dont let the ba####ds get to you.got a reply from a job yesterday here saying i was unsucessfull so out of the hundreads of job ads i applied for i have now heard back from 2 ha ha,if i dont laugh ill cry haha :laugh:

At least you can go on the "rock and roll" back here till you are sorted.

Just wanted to wish you all the best Chippy.

It is better to have tried and failed than not to try at all.

I know how you feel about the job situation, I have been looking for over a month now, since I was laid off, send off about 5 resumes a day, not even hearing a dicky bird, or else I get the automated response that my skills did not match the employers request.

Good luck to you and your family, and congrats to baby # 4 on the way.

At least back in the UK you have the support of family and friends.

Karen

Archived